Results 1 to 34 of 34

Thread: MyCareer/MyPlayer Wishlist

  1. #1

    MyCareer/MyPlayer Wishlist

    I only have 2 suggestions:
    1. Please make the story mode in mycareer optional- the short clips and other fake players like Justice Young.
    2. Please don't give the myplayer a predetermined nickname. Even when the name is switched the announcers still constantly refer to the predetermined name.

    That's about it. Oh and every now and then the game boots me out after I finish a game. That's lame.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    1

    A wish for mycareer.

    Something I just thought of as a suggestion for mycareer is the ability to schedule your own hangouts with other players instead of having to wait for them to ask you. You choose from a list of options on what to do with the player, then choose what time, and have it added to your calender. Something else that would be cool is the feature where nba analysts talk about your performance in a game, and maybe even Chris Smoove could make a video on you. There could also be a feature where you could choose to have a dynamic duo or big three. (Basically OJ but without justice or with three players). Also, please improve the pack luck.
    Last edited by Heatlifer; 02-05-2017 at 10:01 AM.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    12
    Like that idea I would also like to be able to answer the interview question in my own words by either speaking in to my mic or typing in text that would make it fun

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    1

    Improvements for 2k18 MyCareer

    I feel like that now when I play MyCareer I'm restricted too much on what I can make my player to be. I personally like to make my players based on the NBA players. Like if I try to make Anthony Davis I can pick defensive specialist but I can never get my offense on the same level that he his. Or try to make LeBron if I try to just make him the same size I get penalized on speed and athleticism and all the attributes LeBron thrives in. I just feel like I should have more freedom and flexibility to make my player the best that it can be. Hopefully this all makes sense and can have an improved MyCareer in 2k18.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by OKLANIMAL View Post
    I feel like that now when I play MyCareer I'm restricted too much on what I can make my player to be. I personally like to make my players based on the NBA players. Like if I try to make Anthony Davis I can pick defensive specialist but I can never get my offense on the same level that he his. Or try to make LeBron if I try to just make him the same size I get penalized on speed and athleticism and all the attributes LeBron thrives in. I just feel like I should have more freedom and flexibility to make my player the best that it can be. Hopefully this all makes sense and can have an improved MyCareer in 2k18.
    I agree 100%. Apparently they added these limits because it wouldn't work otherwise in MP, but considering i'll never take my player online, it's just downright silly that the game wants to limit my potential based on what OTHERS are gonna do, in a SINGLEPLAYER mode.

    Fixing it isn't rocket science either, if they're really so hellbent on having these archetypes then something as simple as a "yes or no" option regarding if you're creating a SP or a MP player would fix this.

  6. Something interesting can be they have a single player archetype (where only your stats and badges are in my career and thats it)

    Then

    A multiplayer archetype where all your badges and stats are for only for multiplayer (My park, pro-am, playing online modes) They can give us free reign on all badges from bronze to HOF because your actually players against players and not exploiting the A.I.

    Doing this the cream will rise to the top if your "Really" skilled and the progression per My Player would be a lot longer way less demi gods and cheese.

  7. #7

    My career

    I wish you guys did not intertwine my career and my park. I should not have to play my park to get upgrades for my career. How is that fair when my park badges dont get acknowledged in my career mode. It's not fair to make users play the park to gain uprades. Not only that but it's not fair to make us have to rep up to highest rep or just below the highest rep to get the rest of the upgrades to achieve 99 ovrl. That's rediculous, I mean who has time for that. I can't even enjoy the other features of the game because I have to spend all my time in the park.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    5

    Offline MYCAREER

    Why is that when one uses offline, one can't do anything. I've posted this before with no response. I like offline better because sometimes the servers act up so I just created an offline player. The thing is, I can't do anything with him. No animations, no gear no nothing. Please add more features for offline users.
    Thanks heaps, still a great game
    Aidan

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1
    So like 2k15??

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1
    I'd like to be able to interact with my teammates after a good play like a off reb and a and one, I wish you could run over to that player and do a high five or some type of animation like that, so you could but up chemistry with that specific player. Even on assist to my player or from me to that payer, be able to point or say good pass/shot, and that could lead to hangout opportunities with other players in the league that they are connected with. Especially if your in any of the Allstar events. ������������⛹�� 2K ����

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    2
    A transaction list is something really needed! Its such a hassle trying to track down why some new player is on my team via the social media outlet.

    Adding the D-League would be awesome! If my player is under performing send me down to the D-League for a few games, or have different tiers when starting a game, like underdog & superstar. More emphasis on HS & Collage.

    Actual different story lines rather than the single linear story where our choices have no effect on the outcome. I want my choices to matter, i want more immersion. I want more than 2 responses to interview questions. Player personality needs to be more ranged too. I want to be able to talk to my GM, Coach, other players, media etc. As my career progresses i want to be able to have more say with my coaches etc about possible draft picks, players id like to play with etc. If we are going to have a social media aspect i should be able to use it too, to form rivalries etc...

    So much can be done with the my career mode yet it seems every year tacky choices are made & half way through a season it becomes predictable & boring!

    I doubt ill see much of this in 2k18 but its things devs should keep in mind!

  12. #12
    To answer the OP, I like the predetermined nickname as it gives your player the identity of a real player without having to be a specific name. You feel like you're an actual player. Also, the storylines are great as long as they give you more choices, having Justice was fun. Now to add, I want the ability to talk with your coach and GM about basically everything possible. Minutes, players, problems with players, why you should be starting, why a certain player shouldn't be starting, you need to trade him, you need to trade for him, Get this player in free agency, I'll stay on the team if...., etc. I really liked that about 2k13 and wish they brought it back and improved on it. Also, I like the storylines I just wished they played out for more than 1 season and gave us more choice. What if we decide to stay in college for 1,2, or 3 more years? What if we don't go to an exit meeting? What if we call out players on our team or another team? All good decisions to decide on when thinking about playing in the NBA. Lastly, give us up three archetypes. Have a main one with two lesser ones that you can max out at gold as well but at a higher price.

    It would look like this: I choose playmaker, I can then chose sharpshooter and slasher as my second and third, I know can have a higher attribute cap for those attributes but not as high as my playmaker attributes. So if I have a speed, pass, ball-handling of 96 I can only max out with three-point shooting, mid-range shooting, shoot off-dribble, dunks and lay-ups, at around 90. That is a way better system then the one in 2k17 because we actually can be great players and superstars instead of a "95 playmaker but 81 overall player".

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by jthewonder View Post
    I agree 100%. Apparently they added these limits because it wouldn't work otherwise in MP, but considering i'll never take my player online, it's just downright silly that the game wants to limit my potential based on what OTHERS are gonna do, in a SINGLEPLAYER mode.

    Fixing it isn't rocket science either, if they're really so hellbent on having these archetypes then something as simple as a "yes or no" option regarding if you're creating a SP or a MP player would fix this.
    EXACTLY!!! I feel both of you and many fans around the world do as well. Stop keeping us from being who we want to be! I want to be a hybrid of D Rose, Russ, Wall and Kyrie where I can dribble your socks, make crazy passes, attack the basket with style and ferocity and still pull up from mid-range or three! I can't do that in 2k17 like I could in 2k16.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    14
    No practice sessions or shorter way to earn bonuses.
    Now I remember the reason I didn't invest a lot of time in this game. I just played for 2 hours. All of it practice on 2 off days to get maximum boosts by playing each mini game. That's ridiculous. I could have played two twelve minutes quarter games.

    No online required to reach 99.
    This is a fantasy game with a good online league. I don't play online (My Park) though. Why am I penalized and can not become the best player overall in the NBA (LeBron 97 and offline cap is 95). I don't know how to remedy this but it seems stupid the way it currently is. Perhaps allow 99 offline and a possible permanent plus 1-5 boost to all stats as you gain more my park fame Or separate the characters. Just something that allows me to be rated at 99 in the NBA my career mode.

    Also the two things I mentioned are probably also limiting your potential VC sales. Why spend VC to quickly max out a character if it is so tedious to earn upgrades and even if I pay for the VC to do so I still can't have a lvl 99 player without playing online. To me that's shooting yourself in the foot 2K.

    Just my opinion and you know how that saying goes

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    6
    My Career- Start my career with custom rosters and slider settings and NBA 2K DEVS I really beg you can you please bring back My GM feature I would like fact that my organization is asking me what players we should bring to my team if we suck and in general if we win and we just want to make a contending team…or which players trade away because they don’t fit and which player you want to share minutes…it’s realistic so can you please bring it back…..I would also like to tweet on twitter and respond to fans or players who talking trash or just recruit players that would like to join my team!

  16. #16

    Free more option for nationality players!

    The possibility of change of nationality for your, my player! Not all American players playing a career and would like to represent my country in career mode and break through the NBA league, try to be the best and recognizable with my name and nickname, my story! A lot of players in NBA come from Europe, why You don`t care for these players, and there are lots of them?! The 2k game is sold all over the world not only in America! Think about it, please! So I do not even play a career, I have to be limited by the story you are asking yourself, boring! So many things You are missing concetrated only to American players! Not funny at all. Is frustrating when you are limited by nickname and nationality. The story it`s same for everyone and all American, you have to be. Mr. President, Freak! I think you need to free that option and make adjustable career for all nacionality. The career mode is to limited and you don`t have the option to change anything. Buy VC, play the game with so many limitation. Killing the fun part of the game.
    Hope You will finally do something about it?

    I hope you listen to the advice and finally release that option for non-US players?!

    Thanks 2k

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    7

    MyCareer Suggestions (2k18 Developers)

    VCs -- Need to rethink the carrying over of VCs that have been purchased from previous games. There are some users (kids) who don't have the luxury to spend hundreds of dollars in order to compete with the veterans of the franchise; probably too late, but something to look into.

    Player Updates -- We are almost in the year 2020 and beyond, and still it seems developers cannot write scripts/codes to keep the game up-to-date with the current moves within the NBA, throughout the gameplay. This is an added response in reference to the VC comment. Too many times, there will be a trade, addition or release; but nothing is affected or updated during the course of the current career mode...the only way to truly see that current roster is due to creating another player; and if you want the level of that player to be worth anything, then we would have to purchase additional VC to do so. Generate a code/script with correcting this deficiency...money has already been made with the franchise, this should be an easy fix.

    Story mode -- I really enjoyed 2k15's version, and the Spike Lee twist the following season was legit. I would recommend, the same setup for high school, run us through 3 prelim college, then complete through March Madness, add the Team USA concept, then draft, and complete with the shortened Rookie Season. Again, the addition with player updates; give us 15-20 playable Rookie games, that will decide the fate of our Rookie season, then we can decide what team we want to play for the remainder of our career...because it's ultimately our goal to play with the likes of our favorite team, vice being stuck with a team not to our liking...or worse having to wheel and deal with the game madness of requesting a trade to the team of our ultimate choice.

    Your Player -- I really liked the setup of last year's creation of your player, but didn't like how we were limited to editing that player. The new badge setup took some getting used to, but was enjoyable; on a previous post, there was reference to a user wanting to create a player to the liking of AD (the brow); but being limited with doing so. This is very frustrating, and should be reconsidered. I get the developers on limiting some clown with making a 7'6" point guard, or something similar to that...but if we want to create a player with the near attributes of KD, LeBron, Chef, Mike...we should be allowed to do so.

    Don't know if this will even be looked at from the developers; but something that has been on my mind. Wang, Gallagher, Ronnie 2k, and LD2K have done, and continue to do a great job with the franchise...but these tweaks, you'll get more fans running to the Stop or buying this game online for more years to come...would be nice to have it complete for 18 though...lol...just saying.........and of course, even more importantly --- make sure Rachel is still a big part of the game.

    mOe

  18. #18

    The Story Aspects of MyCareer

    My Career mode ever since its first appearance, was oriented on the simply game play, and how managing one player on the court at a time as opposed to 5, is at times challenging and simultaneously unique. Things such as teammate grades, and personal badges that can be applied to the my player, are attributes of my career that solidify the game mode as one of coolest aspects of a game 2K has to offer. However with the most recent versions of NBA 2k, the games have gone down a particular path with the My Career mode, a path which consists of a combination of both boring characters with monotonous motivations and story arcs that hold no true significance. It is clearly evident, that 2K chooses to primarily rely on the game play to save them from critical backlash amongst the community. However I along with a majority of the NBA 2k community will not settle for this lack of story aspects within the game mode.

    Ever since NBA 2k14 (first NBA 2k on PS4) it has been well renown that 2k has wanted to dip in to the story aspect of My Career. The basis of this idea is perfect for what this game mode needs, which is a way to fully captivate the experience of playing in the NBA and the responsibilities that come with that. Though, the overall execution of implementing a compelling story line hasn't been as quite up to par as many hoped. Throughout the most recent NBA2k titles, there hasn't been one memorable character, well in exception for Vic in NBA 2K15, who was killed in a car accident. This is one instance where 2K got it right. As the My Player, you receive so much insight into Vic and the relationship you had with him, and it because this bond is so strong that when his unanticipated death happens, you feel as if you lost a real friend due to how emotionally invested you were with his character. This is the type of story telling 2K needs to conduct more of, and no, I'm not saying that they need to kill off a bunch of characters, they just need to find other ways to fully develop bonds and deeper connections with members of the story. Ways to do this include providing the the My Player the ability to make decisions (besides college choice) that actually matter and serve a purpose to the outcome of the story, also integrating substance and significance in every characters arc will really create an atmosphere in the game that is able to immerse the My Player in ways My Career has never seen before.

    Now granite this is still a BASKETBALL game and its' game play mechanics for the most part have have been good, however the surrounding aspects of my career must improve. 2K, if you want your fans to be happy, please find a way to import riveting story lines and characters with substance and significance. By doing these things you create an investing game mode that enables all players to not only have fun when they play, but to play with purpose and meaning because of the engaging story that compels them to do so.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    1

    MyCareer Overall and Storyline

    I would like 2k18 to have a longer storyline than just college and your rookie season. I would be cool if they followed the myplayer throughout their entire career. I understand that most players don't play that many seasons, which is why I would suggest making the storyline follow your first 4-6 season.

    Next, I want to talk about the way that the mycareer overall cap is set. I honestly don't like the cap. I, for one, don't play mypark as often anymore. the reason for that being, some players on there aren't good at teamwork. Most of the players are there to make themselves look good, unless they are with friends. I also like playing against the NBA. There shouldn't be a reason for everyone to play Mypark just to get to a 99 overall. That's crazy. Not everyone wants to play Mypark or Pro-Am. I shouldn't have to play them to get that overall. Also you make us level all the way up in Mypark just to get those upgrades. Which probably would turn into many players just staying at 95 overall because they don't want to play multiplayer.
    Walter,
    Future Game Designer

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    2
    Yeah and more hairstyles and sub-archetypes. For people on my park and my career to be less limited on what they do. This is more intended to Lockdowns and Slashers after the latest Patch So Lockdowns can have more un-limited to just Defense

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    7
    They really need to update the nicknames... Or get rid of them entirely...I'm currently playing The Show'17... And like how they use actual names of the MLB players... And since there are many of them... It would easily work for us regular fans...

    Or better yet... Use nicknames that are easily implemented and/or recognized currently in the NBA...I get the concept, but the BS and unnecessary cut scenes and redundancy does get old... Especially with all of the developers entow... This could easily be accomplished...

    The problem is... Game releases in Sep... So everything posted in all forums will be moot.... The only way any of our gripes will be honored is through updates.... And we all know how that goes down...

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    956
    Quote Originally Posted by tyger4lyfe27 View Post
    I would like 2k18 to have a longer storyline than just college and your rookie season. I would be cool if they followed the myplayer throughout their entire career. I understand that most players don't play that many seasons, which is why I would suggest making the storyline follow your first 4-6 season.



    Next, I want to talk about the way that the mycareer overall cap is set. I honestly don't like the cap. I, for one, don't play mypark as often anymore. the reason for that being, some players on there aren't good at teamwork. Most of the players are there to make themselves look good, unless they are with friends. I also like playing against the NBA. There shouldn't be a reason for everyone to play Mypark just to get to a 99 overall. That's crazy. Not everyone wants to play Mypark or Pro-Am. I shouldn't have to play them to get that overall. Also you make us level all the way up in Mypark just to get those upgrades. Which probably would turn into many players just staying at 95 overall because they don't want to play multiplayer.
    4-6 seasons? I barely make it through one since every update they come out with ruins the game more and more. Well, this year I quit playing after 1/2 season.


    Very simple, make the storyline optional. I find it boring and unrealistic.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 07-18-2017 at 11:34 PM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by mOe_Leezy View Post
    They really need to update the nicknames... Or get rid of them entirely...I'm currently playing The Show'17... And like how they use actual names of the MLB players... And since there are many of them... It would easily work for us regular fans...

    Or better yet... Use nicknames that are easily implemented and/or recognized currently in the NBA...I get the concept, but the BS and unnecessary cut scenes and redundancy does get old... Especially with all of the developers entow... This could easily be accomplished...

    The problem is... Game releases in Sep... So everything posted in all forums will be moot.... The only way any of our gripes will be honored is through updates.... And we all know how that goes down...
    I agree wholeheartedly.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2
    I think it would be cool if 2k would allow us to play for an expansion team in mycareer. A chance to take a fresh team to the finals would be awesome! At one time, the Toronto raptors, Charlotte hornets, Timberwolves, heat,and magic were all expansion teams. It would make for an interesting story line.


    Why can't my player be a coach when he retires? Or at least allow my created players to be coaches in myleague and myGM when they retire.


    Why can't we replace myGM with myCoach mode? It's essentially the same thing except for the title. I would like to see my player become a coach when he retire. Or at least let my created players become coaches. Please!
    Last edited by Zeokage; 08-06-2017 at 01:39 AM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

  25. #25

    no one will disagree

    ~ after i score 100 points in a game, stop the announcers from saying that only Wilt has done it; recognize my greatness

    ~ it takes too long to change my gear; i shouldn't have to navigate through each and every article of clothing, one by one. make the inventory look like the store so i can go right to what i want to put on

    ~ how about some HUGE penalties for these ball hogs in MyPark? instead of just positives for good ball movement, penalize people for getting stopped while trying to dunk on 3 players and neglecting to make a pass to wide open players. or maybe take the penalty beyond the immediate game; take away 0.1% of their rep

    ~ we all keep saying it - we HATE archetypes. i want the freedom to make my player's playing style like my own playing style (think "2k16"). limit the total amount of attribute points, sure, but let me decide what they are applied to

    ~ allow me to share VC. consider this, if i'm a player who has a tendency to buy VC when i want new gear - allowing me to give VC to other people would decrease the time before i buy it again and increase the amount of times i purchase it. win/win

    ~ optional story mode. personally, i like the story mode ... the first time. the next time i make a player, though, i don't want to keep sitting through the same story

    ~ get the nicknames, right. i use "freq" bc i like to imagine i keep playing with the same player i started playing 2k with. but as a result, the announcers call him "freq" sometimes, and sometimes "prez". that's annoying af

    ~ talk about ME in MyCareer before games. if i make a shooter better than curry, or a point that passes better than isaiah - why are they getting talked about in the pre-game and i don't get mentioned? it's MYcareer - not THEIRcareer
    Last edited by optima_sxTGDi; 08-04-2017 at 09:32 AM. Reason: "each and every"

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    2

    Talking Expansion in myCareer

    I think it would be great if we can play for an expansion team in mycareer. Think about it. In the 90's the hornets, magic, Timberwolves, raptors, and heat were all expansion teams and most of those teams had some of the NBA's best players playing for them. Why can't we take an expansion team to the finals?

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by DayleyBuckets View Post
    I only have 2 suggestions:
    1. Please make the story mode in mycareer optional- the short clips and other fake players like Justice Young.
    2. Please don't give the myplayer a predetermined nickname. Even when the name is switched the announcers still constantly refer to the predetermined name.

    That's about it. Oh and every now and then the game boots me out after I finish a game. That's lame.
    agreed - the story mode and fake players should be optional; at least for any additional MyCareers made. they definitely need to fix the announcers saying the default nickname if you change it.

  28. If last name is in database let us be able to choose to override being called by our nickname during gameplay so always called by real name except during cutscenes when nessacary.

    Let us chose between 3-4 different nicknames

    Let us put custom logos on clothes

    Clothes from the shoe company's already in the game

    Bring back ability to try to get players to join your team after your connected with them. During off season let us text free agents we are connected with and depending on what you say can help or hurt possibility of them joining team.

    Why not cross promote games? Have some WWE shirts and be invited to Raw during a connection.

    Let our headbands always be same color as teammates. A lot of times ours is the opposite color of which our teammate that also wear a headband is

    Since our max rating is nerfed due to the park make it where rating have 2 max's. Example is max speed for park is 80 for park but 90 for MyCareer for a SG Slasher. When u raise rating it does it for both at same time obviously. We want to be superstars in MyCareer not just good players.
    PSN(PS4): BigTwan810 I Detroit Lions l Detroit Pistons I Fly City's Finest
    Call me Mr. FLINTstone, I can make your bedrock

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    7
    How about an 18+ park without little kids screaming in my ear about trash, triggered, cancer, roasts, etc

    playmakers vs lockdown are a joke btw both got the same speed and agility but some reason playmakers can still put up 21 straight points.

    https://youtu.be/nKZo0AYwB2s

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    6

    MyPlayer questions

    Hey guys, curious if they are going to continue limiting my player upgrades like they have in the past few games. Each season it seems upgrading your player gets more tedious than the previous season. Last season was particularly bad and the limits on how much you could upgrade a player was painful. I play online, but mostly I play this for the my player single player. Allstar teamup and games like that are fun too. But it is getting worse each year with the myplayer. Might have to not buy this year's version if they are going to continue the trend of making myplayer, at best, can be upgraded to the stats of a 6th man.

    Let me know, had trouble finding anything about the limitations they are going to do this year on myplayer progressions.

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1

    MyPlayer hairstyles

    One thing many people complain about is the myplayer hairstyles. It is very sad when I or a 2k player is creating their myplayer and the hairstyle they want just isn't on the choices field. Now the fact that 2k can make a wide variety of hairstyles for the actual players in the NBA and not copy those same hairstyles into the myplayer choices is just ridiculous. Some hairstyle suggestions for 2k18 include: Lamelo Ball/ Odell Beckham hairstyle, those crazy hairstyles you see that famous people should be in the game because it is most likely a popular hairstyle.

  32. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by crocket View Post
    how about an 18+ park without little kids screaming in my ear about trash, triggered, cancer, roasts, etc
    this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Bundaberg, QLD, Australia
    Posts
    7
    Please, please don't force us to be American. The absolute worst thing about last years career mode was I had to be the president. I mean come on that is the stupidest idea out there. I'm Australian, the Australian national team is in the game but I was forced to be team USA. I don't care about team USA (no offence Americans) but I would love to be able to represent the Boomers in MyCareer

  34. #34
    • when the game is a blow out the stars and the starters sit out the rest of the game
    • when you get in foul trouble the game reacts accordingly not by how many minutes you are supposed to play
    • real substitution patterns, when the 2nd quarter starts, all of the starters from both teams can't be on the court especially when some of those played the entire 1st quarter
    • remove the fake coaches
    • league news and transactions
    • not be a free agent after your first season

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •