Thread: 2K Sports screwed me over badly with the 2K15 server shutdown.

2K Sports screwed me over badly with the 2K15 server shutdown.

Ok, so I recently contacted 2K supoort about some problems with the shutdown. I recently switched harddrives shortly after the shutdown, and..... Well, just read the following:

Jennifer A., Feb 3, 2:17 AM EST:
    Hey Matt,

Thanks for the reply.

I went to gather more information on what we could do for the file and was informed if the file was not switched to an offline profile prior to the servers shutting down, this message will appeal.

Unfortunately, we no longer have access to the data here at 2K Support since the servers have been shut down and I must regretfully inform you that we'll be unable to further assist you with the file. I am deeply sorry about this. I truly am.

Though I understand you would like to keep this ticket as opened and your reasoning behind keeping it opened, as there is nothing more we can do for the file, I must let the ticket close out softly. If you have any new questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to open a new ticket and we would be happy to assist you again.

Kindest regards,

Jennifer A.
    2K Support

drew harris, Feb 2, 8:24 AM EST:
    I tried that, and it isnt corrupt, but with the servers deactivated, theres no way of activating it. Itll just forever say " no description available for this save game" and be unavailable. Damnit why do they have to shut down servers right after christmas and not a more eventless time of the year? Got badly screwed over here. If only you saved roster updates for offline use, this wouldnt have bothered me as much, as i could play mygm with garnett back in minnesota, isaiah thomas on the celtics, and sign the 16 yo dude matt simon battling a disease! Smh. But thanks for your help.
    PS. Im gonna leave this request open, as i believe in miracles, like someone who has power in 2K could intervene either get me back the data, make the updated roster available for offline use, and/or put the servers back on for a little while longer

Jennifer A., Feb 2, 3:21 AM EST:
    Hey Drew,

Thanks for contacting 2K Support.

From what I understand, you've recently changed the hard drive to your PS4 to which your NBA 2K15 data became corrupted. I definitely can see why this is very concerning and I will do what I can to assist you with this.

Thankfully, the data should be retrievable through the PlayStation 4's cloud, as all the saved data backs up there. This means the file might be tucked away safely in your cloud, just before getting corrupted. For more information on how to access the cloud, please refer to their manual about the cloud, which can be found right here!

I do hope the cloud has the data. If it wasn't able to back up the file, then unfortunately we're unable to assist you with retrieving the data or any other changes that were placed in the game as we also do not have access to those here. I'm really sorry about that inconvenience.

I hope the cloud has your file! If you have any other questions or concerns, please let me know and I'd be happy to assist you further.

Shine on,

Jennifer A.
    2K Support

drew harris, Jan 31, 11:21 PM EST:
    Hi. So earlier this month, the NBA 2k15 servers shut down for good. However, I have a couple problems. Shortly after the shutdown, I purchased an upgraded harddrive to my PS4 and installed it. However, since data's been corrupted, I can no longer access the server to recover my save filles. Not only that, but the roster edits (like isaiah thomas being traded to boston, that 16 year old kid getting a wish to have a custom character in the free agent pool in mygm, etc) are no longer up to date, (this is a figurative double negative ;'''''(. ))WHAT AM I ABLE TO DO ABOUT IT?!?!?!?! Thanks )))))

THEY SCREWED ME THE ☺☺☺☺ OVER!!!!!!!!!!!! Now all my MyGM is ☺☺☺☺☺☺ up, I cant access MyCareer, no more updated rosters, im ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ screwed. Share this post so we could rebel/protest and they can give in to my demand! Thank you!!!!!!!!!!

As you can see in the stuck thread (the post has been moved to the correct forum) the news about the shutdown came a month before it happened. From their end, that's probably plenty of time for you to inquire about the ramifications to your data and what you can do in the event of a hard drive change.

I don't remember any company that has switched servers back on for a game on a yearly cycle. If anything, they're probably being prepared for NBA 2K18 now.
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Semi-Final Matches

Right, but i was left in the dark about the shutdown until after it happened, and i purchased the harddrive after christmas. If anything, why does their dumb selves (tryna not to swear) do it RIGHT AFTER CHRISTMAS, THE BIGGEST TIME OF THE YEAR IN MARKETING?!?! smh

They kept the servers on for over a year past where the manual itself says the servers would be available until (November 2015), and they posted about it on Twitter a month before, which is where the quote comes from in the stuck thread.

I don't know if it was possible to make an in-game announcement, or if they actually did, however. The timing may have been to do with there being 2 newer games in the series and needing them for some reason. If they weren't going to do it at the end of the year, when would have been acceptable?
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Semi-Final Matches

yo man after reading that I have 0 idea what the issue is, it sounds like u had 3 years to get what you needed off the game being as nba 2k15 came out in 2014....