2 40.00%
  • NO

1 20.00%
  • More focused with online mode

2 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: Is 2k trying to kill nba 2k17 my career mode

Is 2k trying to kill nba 2k17 my career mode

Simple question do you think 2K is intentionally trying to kill my career mode or are they just focusing more on their online gaming and neglecting this area?

I'm not sold 100% yet that they are trying to kill it but I just realized something yesterday that might further your point. Through my brief NBA 2k career (16 and 17) only game mode I have played is my career. This year especially I have noticed how long it takes me to load from a career game back to my court or from main screen to my court, I have been getting stuck at 93% loading and it usually will take 3-4 minutes on average just for the game to load past 93 to 96 while it takes the game less than 15 seconds to get from 0 to 93. Well the point of explaining all of this comes from yesterday when I tried MY team for the first time. I was absolutely amazed at how quickly the game loads to and from games. The conspiracy theory side of me makes me want to think that my team loads faster because there is more of a reason to spend actual money in My team than there would be to purchase VC to get your career player better (lets be honest its not that hard to get to the 95 overall). Either way just based on how long it takes the game to load for me on career mode (and I know I'm not the only one from reading other threads on this website) that it does lead me to think they would rather have players pursue other game modes that have better potential of making them money of off in game transactions

True it makes sense that they would put more effort in to the game mode that makes them more $$$ but if you try to play a My Park game the lag is horrible!!!! I could also see them trying to steer more people in to their online gaming because that is the direction games are going now days I would love to play online in My Park more but I can't stand the lag I play COD and other online games and don't have anywhere near the lag. My post on MC mode which I also like to play are because no matter what mode a person likes to play I think they should get to play it to the fullest after all 2k don't give anything away everyone had to buy the game!!! Why they chose to link the game modes is a question only they can answer and I'm sure they never will.

The 2K17 devs are myopic. They only see the online side of this game. On top of that, their hubris is nauseating. It's like the nerd that suddenly becomes popular and turns into a crud.