Thread: 3 Seconds not called on defense

3 Seconds not called on defense

When playing online my teammates on offense (which are controlled by CPU) get called for 3 seconds in the lane on offense. They never get called for 3 seconds on defense only offense. THIS IS FLAT OUT STUPID! I have lost so many offensive possession BECAUSE the CPU gets CALLED for 3 seconds in the lane. WHY DOES THIS HAPPEN? I had one game when I had it twice on backed to backed offensive possession. One was called before I crossed half court. In one game I had it called three times.

THIS IS FLAT OUT STUPID!

It happens a lot when you call a play and players have to run thru the paint and get stuck BECAUSE THEY ARE TO STUPID TO RUN AROUND THE PERSON GAURDING THEM! They just keep running into the guy and then get called for the 3 seconds.

I should not be penalized for the stupidity of the CPU!

defensive 3 seconds must be too complicated to program. i've never seen it called.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Any defensive player, who is positioned in the 16-foot lane or the area extending 4 feet past the lane endline, must be actively guarding an opponent within three seconds. Actively guarding means being within arm's length of an offensive player and in a guarding position
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I see defensive 3 sec violations get called all the time in Pro-Am. It's the offensive 3 sec violations that rarely get called. I'll literally count off 5-6 seconds while the offensive player is in the paint, and no whistle.

It takes a set of steel ones to work in the paint that long, but as long as the play is "happening" you wont get called for the offensive 3 seconds.

ive seen plenty of 3 seconds called offensive and defensive in every game mode, I will say though its definitely like 5 seconds in the key in this game