Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: WWE 2K18 Roster - Who's FIRED!?

Quote Originally Posted by God Of Gaming View Post
    The game will probably be, yes.
    the perfect home for broken hardy

Quote Originally Posted by elric6 View Post
    true but undertaker and shawn michaels careers lasted longer than the attitude era we can have the new generation attitude ruthless agression
    and new era especially with undertaker
    Exactly and not only does both of their careers go wayyyy past the Attitude era but they go way before. Youll get the most New Generation and Ruthless Aggression content if you go with a HBK & Undertaker Showcase. They both had 15+ year careers, the Attitude Era was 5 years tops!

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnT3 View Post
    A bunch of alts, Eugene, Daivari, Shawn Staziak... if anything this is a good argument against showcase returning. But maybe if we're lucky we'll get Jamal and Maven! People put these showcase wishlists/predictions together less like it's a showcase of a star's career and more like it's a way to shoehorn in their favorite obscure wrestler.
    & here once again is Grandmaster Showcase-hater, limiting Showcase down to whatever Attitude era Jobber he can rummage up.

NEWSFLASH we like alts, we'd like Maven and Jamal in our Legends universe modes, just because you want a game with ONLY main eventers in it doesnt mean we all do. If the WWE went that route there'd be no NXT content in the game whatsoever.

the question is will they be broken?
    From the itk sources then yes the Hardys will show up at wm33 as the broken Hardys

If this turns out to be true then 2k has literally no excuse to not add them to the new roster

Quote Originally Posted by Byebye3:16 View Post
    From the itk sources then yes the Hardys will show up at wm33 as the broken Hardys

If this turns out to be true then 2k has literally no excuse to not add them to the new roster
    i heard anthem are trying to prevent them from using the broken gimmick stating that impact owns the rights to it

i heard anthem are trying to prevent them from using the broken gimmick stating that impact owns the rights to it
    Yea true but a lot of reports are saying they haven't got a leg to stand on because impact never filed trademark papers on the "broken" gimmick whereas Matt hardy did file for ownership of the "gimmick"

Also seen interview with Jeff where he says impact have tried telling him he can't use "obsolete" for future entrance themes yet he wrote/sang/produced the track ☺☺☺? He went on to say he can use the track where/when he wants etc
    Impact will be swallowed alive if wwe choose to take the disputes to court alongside the Hardys

I'll be curious if Brie Bella and Eva Marie will be included in the roster. Brie is retired? Or is she just taking time off being pregnant and all? Eva Marie is healthy, not suspended but not on TV at all. They could both be gone from WWE but still be in 2k18 but they seem to be the two female wrestlers closest to being off the 2k18 roster.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHer0 View Post
    I'll be curious if Brie Bella and Eva Marie will be included in the roster. Brie is retired? Or is she just taking time off being pregnant and all? Eva Marie is healthy, not suspended but not on TV at all. They could both be gone from WWE but still be in 2k18 but they seem to be the two female wrestlers closest to being off the 2k18 roster.
    Just like Christian is still in for backstage work + doing the Edge & Christian show on the WWE Network. I think because of Total Divas/Bellas, that Brie will remain in the game.

2K at this point likely already has paid Eva her royalties for 2K18, made her model, yada. While Eva Marie is supposedly leaving the company (whenever her contract runs out, WWE is supposedly not going to resign her), Eva doesn't have say Hogan heat with the company or nothing like that. There is no reason to force 2K to go out of their and put in the work to remove her like they had to do for Hogan.

So I'm willing to bet Eva sticks around for 2K17, but is gone in 2K19 (assuming her contract runs out this year).
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

brie is retired

Alts were one of the biggest complaints about 2k15 and 2k16. There's a vocal minority that want them, but the masses don't.

I don't want "nothing but main eventers". I want the most complete current roster possible first and foremost, and alumni on top of that. There's a vocal minority that lives in the past, but the masses don't.

Trying to talk to the dozen or so people obsessed with showcase is like trying to talk to one of those flat Earth people. You can come at them with all the facts, logic, and common sense you want, but they just plug their fingers in their ears and believe what they want to believe.

Alts were one of the biggest complaints about 2k15 and 2k16. There's a vocal minority that want them, but the masses don't.

I don't want "nothing but main eventers". I want the most complete current roster possible first and foremost, and alumni on top of that. There's a vocal minority that lives in the past, but the masses don't.

Trying to talk to the dozen or so people obsessed with showcase is like trying to talk to one of those flat Earth people. You can come at them with all the facts, logic, and common sense you want, but they just plug their fingers in their ears and believe what they want to believe.
    What's your issue with showcase mode?

everyone's opinions represent the masses right?
    YOU don't want alts it shouldn't bother anyone having alts or duplicates or even legends in the game yet it does
    i don't know why has we've seen the current roster is in the game hell even nxt is in

Last time I checked in the feedback thread folks were asking for more alts, more legend mid carders & divas. A return of showcase..........Pretty much the opposite of what you want.

Also the complaints of alts for 2k15 was because of dlc adding alts of characters that were already in game and on disc instead of them being alternate attires selectable from one slot. Problem is there is no way to do it that way with how they develop dlc, so its a moot complaint.

And the complaints about alts in 2k16 were only because of the multiple Stone Colds, but each one had different stats, entrances & movesets(something that currently cant be done with alt attires) & he had over 10 attires(with the game maxxing out at 10 alt attires per character currently).

So both complaints were honestly due to the limitations of what could be programmed & couldnt be rectified regardless.

But you conveniently disregarded the complaints of 2k17's 1991 Undertaker coming out to ministry music & entrance animations. You know the solution to that? A alt. Because we care about attention being paid to detail.

Quote Originally Posted by An0n3m0us? View Post
    What's your issue with showcase mode?
    I think it's a waste of resources. I think since most people don't actually play the mode, and if they do they only play it once, they should just add retro wrestlers and arenas without a showcase. That's what I think most people want showcase for. There's this notion that showcase is "the only way legends get in". Not only do I think that's nonsense, but I think it actually limits both which wrestlers get in and which era they're from.

I think most people would have preferred brown costumed Mankind, but we got goofy white button-down Mankind because that was the big Austin match. It had to fit the showcase. I was excited to get the ECW arena, but I don't think too many people were thrilled with Mikey Whipwreck. If they were just cherry picking iconic venues and wrestlers, we could have gotten the most iconic version of Mankind, the ECW arena, and maybe someone people would get more excited about than Whipwreck. People insist showcase opens the door to in game content, but I think it limits it. With showcase, you're immediately limited to one theme, be it a wrestler's career or a time period or whatever. If you're cherry picking, it's wide open.

The Godfather showcase match is a perfect example. They couldn't do a classic Godfather match, because there's never been one, so they made one up. Rather than some random opponent Godfather had, we got Papa Shango. Isn't that better? Now imagine if they gave us a random arena instead of making up a showcase match that most won't play. Wouldn't that be better?

A few people here think because I'm against showcase that I'm against retro content in the game. I'm not. I want them to maximize resources and give the most bang for the buck. If anything, I think we can get more/better retro content if they don't expend resources building a mode most won't actually play.

When I want eggs, I don't buy a chicken. I just buy eggs. You know why? Because I don't want a chicken. I just want eggs.

I think it's a waste of resources. I think since most people don't actually play the mode, and if they do they only play it once, they should just add retro wrestlers and arenas without a showcase. That's what I think most people want showcase for. There's this notion that showcase is "the only way legends get in". Not only do I think that's nonsense, but I think it actually limits both which wrestlers get in and which era they're from.

I think most people would have preferred brown costumed Mankind, but we got goofy white button-down Mankind because that was the big Austin match. It had to fit the showcase. I was excited to get the ECW arena, but I don't think too many people were thrilled with Mikey Whipwreck. If they were just cherry picking iconic venues and wrestlers, we could have gotten the most iconic version of Mankind, the ECW arena, and maybe someone people would get more excited about than Whipwreck. People insist showcase opens the door to in game content, but I think it limits it. With showcase, you're immediately limited to one theme, be it a wrestler's career or a time period or whatever. If you're cherry picking, it's wide open.

The Godfather showcase match is a perfect example. They couldn't do a classic Godfather match, because there's never been one, so they made one up. Rather than some random opponent Godfather had, we got Papa Shango. Isn't that better? Now imagine if they gave us a random arena instead of making up a showcase match that most won't play. Wouldn't that be better?

A few people here think because I'm against showcase that I'm against retro content in the game. I'm not. I want them to maximize resources and give the most bang for the buck. If anything, I think we can get more/better retro content if they don't expend resources building a mode most won't actually play.

When I want eggs, I don't buy a chicken. I just buy eggs. You know why? Because I don't want a chicken. I just want eggs.
    You know 2ks past has proven this line of thinking as incorrect. First of all 2k17 just came out with no Showcase and guess what, there was no new legends content whatsoever(No Mankind in "his most iconic version", No ECW arena, Barely Nothing done for legends at all) & to get even more specific the few new legends they had included all had obscure or even sloppily incorrect(Billy Gunn & Big Show) outfits. In fact the Bulk of any new legends content in 2k17 came from the Hall of Fame SHOWCASE!!!!! And thats not to say much because it was a extremely scaled down showcase mode.

ALSO your Godfather/Papa Shango reference FURTHER hurts your theory because 2k didnt bring back a new arena they just threw them in the Wrestlemania 33 arena and that wasnt the first time 2k didnt show any motivation in a match like that because the PREVIOUS YEAR with Alundra Blayze instead of adding a new retro Arena with her and maybe making up a different version of Sherri Martel for her to wrestle in they decided to go with Paige and the Raw arena.

So its not a theory or an idea, its 2k in practice. Without a Showcase mode to specify them they dont do nothing with Legends. And at the bottom of every little anti-showcase hater fest argument you put up you always go back to the final point that youd be ok with drastically less legends content. You know what you want directly means less legends content, that's why you always take pot shots at random legends mid-carders whenever the subject of a Showcase mode comes up. But 2k17 has proven that folks love legends, has shown critics value a showcase mode and the game feels bare bones without it, & 2k17 had proven that without a Showcase mode 2k will do a lazy job with the Legends. Once again thats not a notion thats a fact!

"If anything, I think we can get more/better retro content if they don't expend resources building a mode most won't actually play."

WWE 2k17 has absolutely proven this false.

I think your missing the point of Showcase mode. Showcase mode has been the story mode of the WW2k series and story mode is an essential part of many games, Showcase mode has been used to introduce new comers to wrestling history and it's nostalgia for wrestling fans, If you prefer other modes then play other modes, As a fan of showcase mode, I'm not demanding that it replaces exhibition mode, Universe mode or any other mode. There are legends that will make it regardless of showcase but I believe there are some legends/alumni that made it in the game because they were involved in a wrestler's career. Now I know 2k can just add them without showcase but the thing is with showcase mode you will have some idea of which legend/alumni will make it into the game rather than wait for the roster reveal in August which will potentially hurt the pre-order sales since I believe most people wouldn't pre-order if the game is just 3 weeks away from being released.
    If 2k is cherry picking because they didn't include all legends/alumni then they are cherry picking but there's a reason to it since there are some wrestlers that 2k can't include due to various reasons. With that said cherry picking wrestlers to add to their legend/alumni portion of the game is adding content and not limiting it. Also the white shirted mankind is the more iconic one since it's the one we always got even in the smackdown vs raw series and it was the look he had when he was involved in his most iconic match which was hell in cell with the Undertaker, but if you want a brown shirted mankind then use the creation suite and you can make one easily.
    The Godfather was part of the showcase because he was part of the Hall of Fame inductees of 2016. It was a dream match because like you said he didn't have iconic matches but he did have two iconic gimmick which was the Godfather and Papa Shango so I don't see the issue of having them both in a dream match.

Showcase mode is just a series of exhibition matches with exclusive cut scenes and commentary so how is eliminating showcase maximizing their resources?

There's a difference between having an alt like Undertaker '91, and having an alt like John Cena '14. That's what the complaints were about. Alts like Retro Kane and Legend Killer Orton are quite popular.
    Did you know that most people play with BOTH CURRENT AND LEGENDS??? I know, crazy right?

Kevin Von Erich might as Harlem Heat were opponents of The Outsiders in 2K16 but Stevie Ray didn't make it into 2K17 so 2K might keep just Kerry and rename him as Texas Tornado though it is also possible that both Von Erichs end up being in 2K18.

18. I would guess that anyone that has left and gone to TNA will be out. Alberto Del Rio and Stardust will be gone.

Most of legends will most likely be gone as well.

I remind everyone that comments based on WrestleMania or TakeOver (or anything in the past week) need spoiler tags.
    YOU for NOT SPREADING RUMOURS!
    If true, that's the info-leaking rule, if false, that's the trolling rule.
    Discuss the possibility of something, but please do not link it to what 'sources' say.

Based on WM33 events We should be getting The Hardys this year (hopefully). That should be a great addition!

RAW:
    Alicia Fox
    Bayley
    Charlotte
    Dana Brooke
    Emma
    Nia Jax
    Paige - not sure if she will be in with her recent videos lol
    Stephanie McMahon
    Summer Rae

SMACKDOWN LIVE:
    Alexa Bliss
    Becky Lynch
    Carmella
    Mickie James
    Natalya
    Naomi
    Nikki Bella
    Tamina

Legends/Alumni:
    Alundra Blayze
    Brie Bella
    Beth Phoenix- HOF
    Ivory
    Jacqueline
    Kelly Kelly-HOF
    Lita
    Trish Stratus

NXT:
    Asuka
    Billie Kay
    Ember Moon
    Liv Morgan
    Peyton Royce

Spoiler is from a WWE roster move today but Simon Gotch was released today so his status for 2k18 seems questionable
    Last edited by RandomHer0; 04-05-2017 at 03:10 PM.

Spoiler is from a WWE roster move today but Simon Gotch was released today so his status for 2k18 seems questionable
    Well that isn't a story thing, it was announced on the website, also has Swagger been released yet? (Also Rumours have it that Eva Marie is going to leave too)
    "Now light my way, Fallen Idols scream yesterday, Your Kings and your Queens hit the ground like rain"
    The Future - Asuka's Theme

Basically most of the 15/16 stuff will be going like Rikishi and Fujinami
    "Now light my way, Fallen Idols scream yesterday, Your Kings and your Queens hit the ground like rain"
    The Future - Asuka's Theme

Quote Originally Posted by PinBiohazard View Post
    Well that isn't a story thing, it was announced on the website, also has Swagger been released yet? (Also Rumours have it that Eva Marie is going to leave too)
    Yeah, Swagger was released on March 13. Originally, he requested his release on the 1st.
    "Carmella does to wrestling as what Robomodo did to the Tony Hawk series."
    —Tara Strong

Figured I'd play it safe since mods have been on high alert with Wrestlemania still pretty fresh. Swagger is officially gone I believe and Eva Marie hasn't been released but won't be re-signing. Some fitness magazine even referenced her as an "ex WWE Diva" so it seems pretty set in stone. Sandow was released in May and not included in the game. Cody was released in May and still in the game so all three should be left out of 2k18.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345