Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: WWE 2K18 Roster - Who's FIRED!?

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sherminator2 View Post

We all know its happening, so who is getting dropped into the recycling bin from the 2k17 roster in 2k18?

Most of these I'm sad to see go but I think their removal is likely.

My predictions:
    Alberto Del Rio
    Bam Bam Bigelow
    Big Boss Man (Replaced by Big Boss Man '99)
    Billy Gunn
    Brutus Beefcake
    Bushwhacker Butch
    Bushwhacker Luke
    Diego (Replaced by Primo)
    Fernando (Replaced by Epico)
    The Godfather
    Greg Valentine
    Jim Neidhart
    Kevin Von Erich
    Kerry Von Erich
    Larry Zbyszko
    Papa Shango
    Ric Flair '91 (Replaced by Ric Flair '88)
    Rikishi
    Stardust
    Sting '91 (Replaced by Sting '88)
    Sting '99 (Replaced by Sting '98)
    Stunning Steve Austin
    Tatsumi Fujinami
    Aside from Alberto Del Rio who's in TNA (Impact Wrestling) now, I'm all for keeping all of these wrestlers in the game. Diego & Fernando do need to be replaced with the Shining Stars, I like '98 Sting...need N.W.O. Wolfpack in the game. If they're going to take out one of the versions of Sting, then maybe '91.

Quote Originally Posted by Ministry4Life View Post
    Sometimes people have to be removed for contractual or legal reasons which is unavoidable, it would just be nice if 2K could be a little transparent about it. I know there's bound to be some confidentiality issues in the contracts, but surely they would be allowed to say something along the lines of, "We apologize, but we've had to cut Stevie Ray from this year's installment for legal/personal/whatever reasons."
    I fully understand a person being removed from the game due to contractual reasons, but if they are able to be in the game then I say keep them in. I still don't see how you can have GoldDust in the game but not Dustin Rhodes. I know we can't/won't be told why a wrestler is in the game one year & then not the next year, but I am for keeping a wrestler in the game permanently once they've added.

Quote Originally Posted by The MoneyMaker View Post
    Christian, while as good as Edge, is not as relevant and recognizable as Edge (who is a HoF). A shame really.
    Christian is still involved in WWE backstage doing the Edge & Christian show with Edge. Christian hasn't been a active wrestler in years and if we go by that he likely should not of made 2K16 nor 2K17. So Christian seems to be a main stay as long as he's involved in WWE in some way.

So I'm betting he makes 2K18.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

I predict we won't have these wrestlers for 2k18.

1. Alberto Del Rio
    2. Bubba Ray Dudley
    3. D-Von Dudley
    4. Jack Swagger
    5. Stardust

Alberto Del Rio
    Albert
    Bubba Ray Dudley
    Page
    Jack Swagger
    Bam Bam Bigelow
    Billy Gunn
    Brutus Beefcake
    Bushwhacker Butch
    Bushwhacker Luke
    The Godfather
    Greg Valentine
    Jim Neidhart
    Kevin Von Erich
    Kerry Von Erich
    Larry Zbyszko
    Papa Shango
    Rikishi
    Stardust
    Stunning Steve Austin
    Tatsumi Fujinami

I'm not too sure since D-Von Dudley is still with the WWE but with out babba what would be the point unless they give him the reverend gimmick. Another possible let go would be lita since she is no longer in wwe.

Paige is a hard one.

On one hand she is still under active WWE contract, it seems Rock likes her (or her family) and because of that Rock has WWE involved in making a movie about Paige and her family.

So given that you'd think Paige is a sure fire lock for 2K18.

But, on the other side of things Paige has 2 suspensions, is doing a lot of things WWE don't like, and most recently had a private video leaked.

I'd say, Paige still hasn't been fired, I'm betting she makes 2K18 only because of Rock and his movie project that kinda forcing WWE to do all they can to keep Paige around. By the time 2K19 comes around though I imagine Paige is gone.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    Paige is a hard one.

On one hand she is still under active WWE contract, it seems Rock likes her (or her family) and because of that Rock has WWE involved in making a movie about Paige and her family.

But, on the other side of things Paige has 2 suspensions, is doing a lot of things WWE don't like, and most recently had a private video leaked.

I'd say, Paige still hasn't been fired, I'm betting she makes 2K18 only because of Rock and his movie project that kinda forcing WWE to do all they can to keep Paige around. By the time 2K19 comes around though I imagine Paige is gone.
    With all this commotion going on with Paige, I think she will be in, but she'll probably be the second-lowest rated Women's wrestler in the game (with Eva taking first).
    This is a random signature.

Quote Originally Posted by John Christopher View Post
    Alberto Del Rio
    Albert
    Bubba Ray Dudley
    Page
    Jack Swagger
    Bam Bam Bigelow
    Billy Gunn
    Brutus Beefcake
    Bushwhacker Butch
    Bushwhacker Luke
    The Godfather
    Greg Valentine
    Jim Neidhart
    Kevin Von Erich
    Kerry Von Erich
    Larry Zbyszko
    Papa Shango
    Rikishi
    Stardust
    Stunning Steve Austin
    Tatsumi Fujinami

I'm not too sure since D-Von Dudley is still with the WWE but with out babba what would be the point unless they give him the reverend gimmick. Another possible let go would be lita since she is no longer in wwe.
    Only ones I disagree with are Albert and The Godfather. Albert works for WWE and Godfather has 2K always keeps the legends with dialog in their entrance (Rick Rude, etc)

Paige is a hard one.

My guess is that she'll get the legends roster treatment, just port over her 2k17 model and animations with little to no new work.
    That's right Paige, you've been targeted...for Shermination!.

Fired wise hopefully just lose stardust del rio

What's the cut off for new entries?
    If the Hardys do return shortly after wm33 (as rumoured) along with kurt angle would/could they make it in??
    Now that would add 3 big characters to the new roster especially the "broken" hardys

Quote Originally Posted by Byebye3:16 View Post
    Fired wise hopefully just lose stardust del rio

What's the cut off for new entries?
    If the Hardys do return shortly after wm33 (as rumoured) along with kurt angle would/could they make it in??
    Now that would add 3 big characters to the new roster especially the "broken" hardys
    It used to be March but I think 2K said they got WWE to agree to extend it to May/June. The Dudleys will have to go, as Bubba is signed to ROH and not really any point in keeping D-Von unless you repackage him as Reverend D-Von. Kurt is going to be in regardless of the cut off date. Either as pre-order bonus, HOF DLC or both.

Alberto Del Rio
    Tyson Kidd
    Paige
    Fernando
    Diego
    Stardust
    ELITE++: UL AJ Styles. UL Rusev. UL Miz. UL Bray Wyatt. UL Lana. UL Bayley.
    “I spend all night and day. How much harder can I play.”

Paige is a hard one.

Seth Rollins had some stuff leaked and a month later won the belt at Wrestlemania. He wasn't punished as he didn't willingly put that stuff on the internet and it should be the same with Paige. It clearly was a hack and other celebs were hit too. It shouldn't effect hr standing in the company so hopefully she still is in 2k18 cause she's still one of my favs to play as plus if 2k18 has Maryse and Mickie too it will be a stacked roster that she'd be missing from.
    3x Attended Wrestlemania (XXX, 31, and 32)
    Met over 75 WWE Superstars

It used to be March but I think 2K said they got WWE to agree to extend it to May/June. The Dudleys will have to go, as Bubba is signed to ROH and not really any point in keeping D-Von unless you repackage him as Reverend D-Von. Kurt is going to be in regardless of the cut off date. Either as pre-order bonus, HOF DLC or both.
    If 2K gives us Reverend D-Von then we need Eye Of Righteousness as his theme.
    Also, if Batista is allowed back then we could get his Deacon Batista gimmick (Batista's main roster debut gimmick back in May 2002 when he was allied with D-Von) as well. Deacon Batista also used Eye Of Righteousness as his theme while teaming with Reverend D'Von.

I enjoyed the Reverend D-Von character, but it never went anywhere and it was fun donating to the D-Von Building Fund in SYM.

Alberto Del Rio
    Albert
    Bubba Ray Dudley
    Page
    Jack Swagger
    Bam Bam Bigelow
    Billy Gunn
    Brutus Beefcake
    Bushwhacker Butch
    Bushwhacker Luke
    The Godfather
    Greg Valentine
    Jim Neidhart
    Kevin Von Erich
    Kerry Von Erich
    Larry Zbyszko
    Papa Shango
    Rikishi
    Stardust
    Stunning Steve Austin
    Tatsumi Fujinami

Albert's in game model will probably be in the game as the performance center coach in my career mode so it makes no sense to remove him as a playable character. Paige should be in the game as long as she's affiliated with WWE and 2k17 DLC roster should be part of 2k18 in game roster.

Kurt Angle should be part of the in game roster.

Quote Originally Posted by An0n3m0us? View Post
    Kurt Angle should be part of the in game roster.
    if the rumours are true he'll be the raw gm if not then the only way i see him being in game is if they make a showcase of his career

Quote Originally Posted by elric6 View Post
    if the rumours are true he'll be the raw gm if not then the only way i see him being in game is if they make a showcase of his career
    Kurt Angle doesn't need to be part of a showcase in order to be in 2k18, He is a legend with a huge wrestling fan base who's currently affiliated with WWE, Kurt Angle not being in 2k18 would be wasted potential for the game. Plus I don't think 2k would do a Kurt Angle showcase justice and most of the unlockables we will get are wrestlers who are usually in WWE games such as John Cena, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar and Big Show.

Kurt Angle doesn't need to be part of a showcase in order to be in 2k18, He is a legend with a huge wrestling fan base who's currently affiliated with WWE, Kurt Angle not being in 2k18 would be wasted potential for the game. Plus I don't think 2k would do a Kurt Angle showcase justice and most of the unlockables we will get are wrestlers who are usually in WWE games such as John Cena, Undertaker, Shawn Michaels, Brock Lesnar and Big Show.
    The list people came up with a while back contained huge stars like Eugene and Hardcore Holly. Otherwise, we'd be looking at less popular versions of people already in the game and...Chris Benoit. Yeah.

I'd love to see Angle in, and I hope we get a younger version with hair and a bald version...that I'd consider prime Angle.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri2J View Post
    Seth Rollins had some stuff leaked and a month later won the belt at Wrestlemania. He wasn't punished as he didn't willingly put that stuff on the internet and it should be the same with Paige. It clearly was a hack and other celebs were hit too. It shouldn't effect hr standing in the company so hopefully she still is in 2k18 cause she's still one of my favs to play as plus if 2k18 has Maryse and Mickie too it will be a stacked roster that she'd be missing from.
    I feel she'll make it. Like I said despite all the problems, Paige still works for WWE and she still has that movie Rock is doing that's based on her.

I think the Dudleys have a legends deal with the WWE...

Their merch is still buyable;
    http://shop.wwe.com/dudley-boyz/

that being said my guesses are:

ADR (no question)
    Big Bossman (replace with DLC version)
    Jack Swagger (no question)
    Ric Flair (replace with DLC version)
    Surfer Sting (replace with DLC version)

Who I want added:

Beth Phoenix (HOF DLC most likely)
    Hulk/Hollywood Hogan (if he makes a WM return)
    The Hardys (should they be signed)
    Kurt Angle (HOF DLC most likely)
    Mickie James
    Rob Van Dam
    Terry Gordy (for Freebirds)
    Tully Blanchard (for Four Horseman)
    "------- is a prick" Fill in the blanks as you please

he doesn't need a showcase sure but like you said he has a huge fan base so i can see 2k making him the pre order dlc and part of the hof showcase
    and yes we'd get wrestlers that we usually get but they'd be different versions and i think it would be fun to play it nonetheless

Ted DiBiase Sr is a manager who might.

Leaving us with:

Bobby Heeman [Assuming that he returns in 2K18's Hall of Fame Showcase as Rick Rude's manager]
    Lana
    Mr. McMahon (Manager)
    Paul Heyman
    Stephanie McMahon (Manager)

But we could gain Jim Cornette from 2K18 as DLC in WWE Hall of Fame Showcase Mode due to Cornette being the one inducting The Rock 'n' Roll Express into the Hall of Fame this year.

Paul Ellering (Really, the 3 Pauls [Bearer, Ellering and Heyman] should be locks for managers every year IMO) I believe has an excellent chance of making it into 2K18 due him being the current manager of the Authors of Pain.

Theodore Long is being inducted into the Hall of Fame this year so he could be unlockable in 2K18 WWE Hall of Fame Showcase Mode if we get him as manager in a match for one of his clients.

Now with DDP being inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame this year I hope we get his ex wife, Kimberly Page (aka The Diamond Doll aka The Booty Babe [for Brutus Beefcake's The Booty Man gimmick which that of a man infatuated with his own buttocks, shaking them on the way to the ring and during matches. The Booty Man finishing move was a High Knee and he feuded with DDP (whom at the time was Kimberly's real life husband)] whom divorced DDP in 2005 whom was his manager in WCW. Kimberly Page is the manager I feel is the least likely to be in 2K18 but would be the most surprising one if she somehow made it in.

23. I pray to God that Paige doesn't make the cut for 2K18... complete waste of a roster spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Creep View Post
    I pray to God that Paige doesn't make the cut for 2K18... complete waste of a roster spot.
    First of all, there are no "spots". Secondly, why the hate?

25. Quote Originally Posted by God Of Gaming View Post
    First of all, there are no "spots". Secondly, why the hate?
    So I'm not entitled to my own opinion? You shouldn't worry so much what other people think.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Creep View Post
    So I'm not entitled to my own opinion? You shouldn't worry so much what other people think.
    What the heck? I just asked why you dislike Paige.

Quote Originally Posted by gmensox007 View Post
    I think the Dudleys have a legends deal with the WWE...

Their merch is still buyable;
    http://shop.wwe.com/dudley-boyz/

that being said my guesses are:

ADR (no question)
    Big Bossman (replace with DLC version)
    Jack Swagger (no question)
    Ric Flair (replace with DLC version)
    Surfer Sting (replace with DLC version)

Who I want added:

Beth Phoenix (HOF DLC most likely)
    Hulk/Hollywood Hogan (if he makes a WM return)
    The Hardys (should they be signed)
    Kurt Angle (HOF DLC most likely)
    Mickie James
    Rob Van Dam
    Terry Gordy (for Freebirds)
    Tully Blanchard (for Four Horseman)
    If the Hardy's returned to WWE very, very, very soon. Like within weeks soon maybe. They will at best be made DLC, but even that is pushing it.

The rosters are decided around Mania (including what they'll do for DLC's), which is only weeks away.

If the Hardy's did return don't expect to see them in game until 2K19.

If the Hardy's returned to WWE very, very, very soon. Like within weeks soon maybe. They will at best be made DLC, but even that is pushing it.

The rosters are decided around Mania (including what they'll do for DLC's), which is only weeks away.

I'm pretty sure 2K reps have said before that they got the deadline extended to May. March was the deadline THQ had.

I'm pretty sure 2K reps have said before that they got the deadline extended to May. March was the deadline THQ had.
    Not sure I buy that completely.

Wwe officially offer Matt & Jeff hardy new contracts

Surely this now puts them in the frame for 2k18 ?
    It's now known the Hardys are being backed in they're legal battle with tna over the "broken" gimmick rights by wwe lawyers & now the news today that they've officially been offered contracts to resign with the WWE with the roh contracts expiring on April 1st this surely is within the time frame to make the roster for 2k18?

If a deal is really this close to being penned surely 2k can't leave the likes of the Hardys out of the next game??
    Last edited by Byebye3:16; 6 Days Ago at 05:29 PM.

3 words:

Gallows and Anderson

They debuted after Mania last year...and The Hardys are quite high profile WWE would make damn sure to get them in (should they be under contract).
    "------- is a prick" Fill in the blanks as you please

3 words:

Gallows and Anderson

They debuted after Mania last year...and The Hardys are quite high profile WWE would make damn sure to get them in (should they be under contract).
    Gallows and Anderson were signed to a WWE contract before WrestleMania 32. I even made a prediction last year that they will make it to 2k17 because of the rumors that they were under contract with the WWE so the Hardy boys need to be signed to a WWE contract before WrestleMania otherwise the chances of having them in the game will be slim to none.

Reference
    https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...6#post14549026

Also here's an article from last year (march 2016) claiming that Anderson and Gallows were signed to a WWE contract
    https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/karl...ints-wwe-debut

3 words:

Gallows and Anderson

I could see them squeaking in this year's game. They'll likely get a one year nostalgia run like the Dudleyz got, so they might as well get them in a game before they're gone.

Gallows and Anderson were signed to a WWE contract before WrestleMania 32. I even made a prediction last year that they will make it to 2k17 because of the rumors that they were under contract with the WWE so the Hardy boys need to be signed to a WWE contract before WrestleMania otherwise the chances of having them in the game will be slim to none.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaturnT3 View Post
    I could see them squeaking in this year's game. They'll likely get a one year nostalgia run like the Dudleyz got, so they might as well get them in a game before they're gone.
    Samoa Joe debuted in late May 2015, signed his contract shortly after... and still made it into 2K16 as DLC, so there are exceptions. At the end of the day it just depends on how much WWE wants someone to be in the game. The "signed/debuted by WrestleMania" rule usually applies, but not always. If the Hardys are signed in the coming weeks, there's a decent chance of them being at least DLC for 2K18.

Quote Originally Posted by Byebye3:16 View Post
    Wwe officially offer Matt & Jeff hardy new contracts

Surely this now puts them in the frame for 2k18 ?
    It's now known the Hardys are being backed in they're legal battle with tna over the "broken" gimmick rights by wwe lawyers & now the news today that they've officially been offered contracts to resign with the WWE with the roh contracts expiring on April 1st this surely is within the time frame to make the roster for 2k18?

If a deal is really this close to being penned surely 2k can't leave the likes of the Hardys out of the next game??
    WWE is backing them in court? Yea Impact may as well just give up. No way they wins this.

But if deadline is pushed back and the Hardy return, sure they could make it. But they'll still be dlc at best.

36. Regardless... if their current gimmicks don't make it into the upcoming game because of copyright/legal issues, it really won't matter much. Their old WWE gimmicks were less than average, and I wouldn't care much in the slightest for "WWE retro" versions of Matt & Jeff.

Just my two scrip.

As much as I would love the Hardys I don't see them in 2k18. Unless 2k planned some attitude era mode or something. As for the dudleys even with their legends contract babba being sign to ROH would be a factor. WWE doesn't play well with other feds.......

That said, if the case is that 2k has started doing deal outside the wwe grip. Then the only reason we don't have the hardys is our own fault. Matt hardy is one to interact with his fans, Reby hardy replies most of the time. Depending on the time, they don't get bonbarded with fans commenting.

Right now their youtube and instagrams aren't that heavily trafficed, especially now that the hardys are in ROH and TNA is on their case. If you want the hardys to work some deal with 2k then I say lets just be vocal about it to them in their comment sections.

The Hardys have received contract offers from WWE.

As much as I would love the Hardys I don't see them in 2k18. Unless 2k planned some attitude era mode or something. As for the dudleys even with their legends contract babba being sign to ROH would be a factor. WWE doesn't play well with other feds.......

That said, if the case is that 2k has started doing deal outside the wwe grip. Then the only reason we don't have the hardys is our own fault. Matt hardy is one to interact with his fans, Reby hardy replies most of the time. Depending on the time, they don't get bonbarded with fans commenting.

Right now their youtube and instagrams aren't that heavily trafficed, especially now that the hardys are in ROH and TNA is on their case. If you want the hardys to work some deal with 2k then I say lets just be vocal about it to them in their comment sections.
    WWE 13 was promoted as a attitude era themed game and the hardy boyz weren't in the game. The hardy boys could be in 2k18 but they need to return to WWE within 2 months otherwise I don't realistically see them being in the game even as dlc.

It'll be interesting with the news that Jim Cornette is inducting The Rock 'n' Roll Express into the HoF 2017 if 2k will look to sign a deal with him for 2k18.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast