View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

2 40.00%

0 0%

2 40.00%

1 20.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: WWE RAW #1243 - 3/20/17 - Trouble In Brooklyn? *SPOILERS*

Arrow WWE RAW #1243 - 3/20/17 - Trouble In Brooklyn? *SPOILERS*

WWE Raw preview, March 20, 2017: Brooklyn, N.Y. braces for battle of juggernauts

After Braun Strowman laid out Roman Reigns this past Monday night, The Big Dog will have an opportunity for redemption when he battles The Monster Among Men on Raw, just two weeks before he faces The Undertaker at WrestleMania, The Ultimate Thrill Ride. Plus, Chris Jericho presents a special edition of “The Highlight Reel” with the “real” Kevin Owens as his guest!

• Roman Reigns and Braun Strowman settle the score

Roman Reigns has a near-insurmountable task ahead as he prepares to take on The Undertaker at WrestleMania. But first he’ll need to resolve his unfinished business with Braun Strowman, who has been on the warpath since his defeat to The Big Dog at WWE Fastlane.

This past Monday on Raw, after Reigns shrugged off the warnings of WWE Hall of Famer Shawn Michaels and vowed to retire The Deadman during The Ultimate Thrill Ride, Strowman blindsided “The Guy” and left him reeling on the entrance ramp. Because of this attack, Raw General Manager Mick Foley scheduled a match between the warring rivals this Monday night on Raw. Will Reigns be able to conquer The Monster Among Men as his fateful WrestleMania battle with The Phenom draws closer?

• Do repercussions await Mick Foley?

After attempting to “fire” Raw Commissioner Stephanie McMahon and being humiliated in the middle of the ring by Triple H, General Manager Mick Foley had finally had enough, sliding his right hand into his trusted Mr. Socko and applying the dreaded Mandible Claw to The Cerebral Assassin.

This Attitude Era-esque moment brought the WWE Universe in Detroit’s Joe Louis Arena to its feet before Stephanie saved her husband with a low blow to Foley, but longtime fans of The Hardcore Legend will be far less enthused about what happens next. Triple H and Stephanie don’t exactly forgive and forget, so one wonders if Foley’s days as Raw GM are now numbered.

• Will “Heyman’s Theory of WrestleMania Relativity” ring true?

Per Brock Lesnar advocate-turned-physicist Paul Heyman, “F-5 = Lesnar goes up, down goes Goldberg.” Heyman is known for hyperbole in certain instances, but after The Beast Incarnate finally got the better of the Universal Champion on the March 6 edition of Raw by way of that finishing maneuver, it’s much easier to believe that Lesnar’s bout with Goldberg at WrestleMania will be far different from the big men’s recent encounters at Survivor Series and Royal Rumble.

Indeed, Lesnar’s successful attack on Goldberg proved to be an appropriately stomach-turning twist for their rivalry en route to The Ultimate Thrill Ride. And as Lesnar ups his game in pursuit of redemption — not to mention the coveted Universal Championship — so, too, must Goldberg prepare for what could be his greatest battle yet.

• Chris Jericho to expose the “real” Kevin Owens on "The Highlight Reel"

Chris Jericho’s “The Highlight Reel” has featured some incredible guests since its 2003 inception — including Goldberg, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, “Stone Cold” Steve Austin and even Kevin Owens — but Monday’s edition might be the most enlightening installment yet. After Owens betrayed him during “The Festival of Friendship,” the United States Champion is out to expose his former best friend for who he truly is and, as such, he has invited the “real” Kevin Owens to the set for an unconventional installment of his talk show.

What exactly does the curator of “The List of Jericho” have in store for The Prizefighter, and how might this unusual “Highlight Reel” change the landscape of their United States Championship Match at WrestleMania? Whatever happens, controversy is sure to follow.

• Will Triple H’s attack keep Seth Rollins from WrestleMania?

Seth Rollins made a surprising appearance on Monday’s Raw to get some pre-WrestleMania retribution against Triple H. Unfortunately for Rollins, The Cerebral Assassin was one step ahead, brutalizing the would-be “Kingslayer’s” recently injured knee with his own crutch.

Rollins is no less resolute in his quest to take down The Game at WrestleMania, turning The Ultimate Thrill Ride into the ultimate nightmare for the calculating WWE COO. However, given Triple H’s ruthless barrage on The Architect’s knee, one must imagine that the chances of seeing Rollins hit the ring in Orlando are slim at best.

• Dana Brooke to bring her new attitude to Brooklyn, N.Y.

Having finally had enough of being browbeaten by Charlotte Flair, Dana Brooke finally snapped on her mentor and delivered an unexpected beatdown to The Queen that indefinitely severed their association.

WWE.com reporters caught up with the powerhouse moments after the assault on Charlotte, and she revealed that her actions were “a long time coming” and that she’s “not finished with her yet.” How will Charlotte respond to the actions of her one-time protégé, and how might this new mindset alter Dana’s trajectory on The Road to WrestleMania? Plus, will Charlotte be distracted as she prepares to battle Bayley and Sasha Banks in a Raw Women’s Championship Triple Threat Match during The Ultimate Thrill Ride?

Don’t miss any of the action as Monday Night Raw emanates from Brooklyn, N.Y. at 8/7 on USA Network.
    Join: The Kings of Wrestling (E-Fed) (JOIN NOW) / WWE Fantasy Wrestling Warfare (S3) (ON-GOING) / WWE PPV Predictions (S4)
    I AM THE ARCHITECT OF THE 2K FORUMS!!! | WE WANT NEW DAY POPS!!! -

Fingers crossed for EnD reunion tonight!!!!!
    Simply Stated. You're not entitled to something because it's what you want.
    YouTube Channel Link.
    #PushAliciaFox
    I'm a guy. No, seriously. I just really like Womens Wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayJLee View Post
    Fingers crossed for EnD reunion tonight!!!!!
    Took me a second to work out who you were referring too.
    Join: The Kings of Wrestling (E-Fed) (JOIN NOW) / WWE Fantasy Wrestling Warfare (S3) (ON-GOING) / WWE PPV Predictions (S4)

COZZA'S RAW REVIEW;

• Mick Foley started the episode off reading off of a sheet of paper written for him. He said that he'd be taking a leave of absence and then started speaking of other stuff before his microphone kept cutting in and out. Stephanie McMahon made her way to the ring and had two words for Foley which were "YOU'RE FIRED!!!" As Foley was leaving the ring, Zayn made his way to the ring and tried to get Stephanie to reverse his decision. Samoa Joe would make his way to ringside and Stephanie would organise for Zayn and Joe to go head-to-head following the segment. (8/10)

• Sami Zayn vs. Samoa Joe (8/10);
    - Sami Zayn tried as hard as he could to defeat Samoa Joe, but it was Joe that was able to get the victory after Joe locked on the Coquina Clutch with Zayn tapping out moments later. Samoa Joe wins via Submission.

• Following his loss with Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn was shown with Mick Foley backstage. Zayn thanked Foley for all that he did for him. Foley was also thanked by other WWE Superstars too on his way out. Before he could leave though, Triple H had some final words in the form of Foley's famous catchphrase..."Have a nice day!" (8/10)

• A doctor gave an update on the condition of Seth Rollins. The doctor said that he wouldn't be ready for WrestleMania 33 and if Seth does wrestle, he'll end up back in the hospital of which he was treated to be treated again and could risk ending his career permanently. (8/10)

• Charlotte Flair vs. Dana Brooke (7.5/10);
    - Dana Brooke gave it her best effort in attempt to defeat her former mentor, but Charlotte got the better of Dana and defeated her. Charlotte Flair wins via Pinfall.

• Bayley and Stephanie McMahon were backstage. Stephanie was talking to Bayley about what happened to Mick Foley. Moments later, Stephanie made a match between Bayley and Nia Jax for this episode where if Nia Jax wins she can be added to the WWE RAW Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania 33 making it a Fatal-4-Way Match. (7.5/10)

HOUR ONE RATING: 47/6 = 7.83* = 8/10.

• Chris Jericho hosted the newest episode of The Highlight Reel. Jericho spoke and showed photos of Kevin Owens when he was younger and showing that Owens was a fan of Jericho back then and also showed messages he received from Owens before entering the WWE. Moments later, Jericho was going to add Kevin Owens to his list when a distraction from Samoa Joe allowed for Owens to attack Jericho from behind before posing like Jericho and exiting the ring. (8/10)

• TJ Perkins vs. The Brian Kendrick (8/10);
    - Perkins and Kendrick put on a quick match with Kendrick getting the win. The Brian Kendrick wins via Pinfall.
    - Following the match, Kendrick would teach Tozawa another lesson which was to not leave important things lying around as Kendrick was in possession of Tozawa's passport which he said was the reason why Tozawa wouldn't be at the show.

• Roman Reigns commented on what happened between he and Shawn Michaels on last weeks episode of WWE RAW. He then spoke about having to show Braun Strowman who's yard it is in WWE. (8/10)

• A Goldberg package was shown with numerous past/present WWE Superstars talking about Goldberg and his career. (8.5/10)

• Stephanie McMahon caught up with Cesaro and Sheamus and informed them that they'd have to re-qualify for the WWE RAW Tag Team Championship match at WrestleMania 33 by defeating both Anderson/Gallows and Enzo/Big Cass in a 4-on-2 Handicap Tag Team Match. If they don't win, they won't be on WrestleMania 33 at all. (7/10)

• Bayley vs. Nia Jax + If Nia Jax wins, she'll be added into the WWE RAW Women's Championship Match at WrestleMania 33 making it a Fatal-4-Way Match (7.5/10);
    - Bayley gave it her best effort in attempt to keep Nia Jax out of the Championship match at WrestleMania 33, but unfortunately was defeated by Jax which does allow her to be in that match. Nia Jax wins via Pinfall.

• A video package was shown celebrating Women's History Month. This weeks video package was about Mae Young. (10/10)

HOUR TWO RATING: 57/7 = 8.14* = 8/10.

• Michael Cole interviewed Triple H about his recent situation with Seth Rollins that had been brewing for months since Rollins was injured. Triple H continuously sat and stood throughout the interview whilst he answered Michael Coles questions and adding his own comments about Rollins. He then gave Cole complimentary tickets to give Rollins. Moments later, Triple H took those tickets back and instead said that he'd have a contract for Rollins to sign next week which basically waives off him being able to sue anyone in WWE if he can no longer wrestle following his match with Triple H at WrestleMania 33 where if he does sign the two will have an unsanctioned match. (8.5/10)

• The Swiss-Irish Connection (Cesaro/Sheamus) vs. Karl Anderson/Luke Gallows and Enzo Amore/Big Cass + 4-on-2 Handicap Tag Team Match where Cesaro and Sheamus must won the match to remain in the WWE RAW Tag Team Championship Match WrestleMania 33 (7.5/10);
    - This match didn't last long with Anderson and Gallows taking out their tag partners before the match started which opened up for Cesaro and Sheamus to earn the victory quickly. Cesaro and Sheamus win via Pinfall - Karl Anderson pinned.

• The New Day had a backstage promo where they promoted WrestleMania 33 as they are the hosts for the event. (8/10)

• Austin Aries vs. Tony Nese (8.5/10);
    - Aries and Nese put on a great match with each-other. Aries ultimately got the victory over Nese, it was a hard fought victory though. Austin Aries wins via Pinfall.
    - Following the match, Neville made his way out onto the stage and he and Aries exchanged words from both sides of the arena.

• Another Emma promo was shown. It'll be forever until we see Emma again. (7.5/10)

• Roman Reigns vs. Braun Strowman (8.5/10);
    - This match was going alright until The Undertaker made his presence known be appearing in the ring after his usual darkness/gong played out. The Undertaker would stand in the middle of Reigns and a downed Strowman who received a Chokeslam from Undertaker. He was noticeably in a little bit of pain following doing that. Undertaker would then receive a Spear from Reigns before Reigns exited the ring. Undertaker's music/pyro then played the show out.

HOUR THREE RATING: 48.5/6 = 8.08* = 8/10.

OVERALL EPISODE RATING: 8 + 8 + 8 = 24. 24/3 = 8/10.
    Last edited by COZZA SAID SO; 03-20-2017 at 08:22 PM.

Who's EnD?
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    Who's EnD?
    Emma and Dana.

Quote Originally Posted by COZZA SAID SO View Post
    Emma and Dana.
    Ah I see.

Would prefer Dana stop being a sidekick and go solo. RAW needs more women anyway.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Ah I see.

Would prefer Dana stop being a sidekick and go solo. RAW needs more women anyway.
    I agree wholeheartedly.
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

Well that was a awful ending.

They could of at least had Charlotte need to hit a finisher to put away Dana.

Dana pretty much owns the match and gets put away by a big boot. Nice way to bury her WWE.

Well that was a awful ending.

They could of at least had Charlotte need to hit a finisher to put away Dana.

Dana pretty much owns the match and gets put away by a big boot. Nice way to bury her WWE.
    It is their specialty
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

Quote Originally Posted by thecarolinabull View Post
    It is their specialty
    Indeed. I love that Jericho could work the same gimmick as a face though.

And the Raw writers wonder why Shane and Daniel are working well? It's because they are not involved in personal disputes, unlike Triple H and Steph.

Wonder if Steph will put herself into the picture for the Women's Championship....

Bring back Emma, or go with Emmalina....
    Just bring her back....

We haven't seen the last of Foley, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby14 View Post
    And the Raw writers wonder why Shane and Daniel are working well? It's because they are not involved in personal disputes, unlike Triple H and Steph.

Wonder if Steph will put herself into the picture for the Women's Championship....

Bring back Emma, or go with Emmalina....
    Just bring her back....

We haven't seen the last of Foley, I believe.
    That remains to be seen he is having or has had surgery sso he will be out for a significant time

In regards to The Undertaker being "in pain" after chokeslamming Braun, I don't think that was the case. It kind of came across that way, but I took it more as a look of "oh crap I turned my back on Roman" and he knew he was going to get speared
    Wrestlemania 33 ++ - Event pro HBK, Event pro Brock Lesnar, Event pro Matt Hardy, Event pro Jeff Hardy, Event pro Bayley, Ultimate pro Sasha Banks

Quote Originally Posted by CharismaticPunk View Post
    In regards to The Undertaker being "in pain" after chokeslamming Braun, I don't think that was the case. It kind of came across that way, but I took it more as a look of "oh crap I turned my back on Roman" and he knew he was going to get speared
    I watched it again and now get the different view of it. Watching it live it looked like pain emotion. Watching it again, you can tell that he knows he made a mistake by turning his back on Roman like you mentioned.

Thanks for helping me clear that one up.

Quote Originally Posted by COZZA SAID SO View Post
    I watched it again and now get the different view of it. Watching it live it looked like pain emotion. Watching it again, you can tell that he knows he made a mistake by turning his back on Roman like you mentioned.

Thanks for helping me clear that one up.
    No worries! Taker didn't do the best to make that clear lol
    That being said Taker needs to go soon. I say this as someone who has been his biggest fan since I started watching almost 20 years ago. One of, if not the greatest ever, he has nothing left to prove. I hope next year he retires and goes into the HOF. I just don't think he can keep up with Roman tbh
    Wrestlemania 33 ++ - Event pro HBK, Event pro Brock Lesnar, Event pro Matt Hardy, Event pro Jeff Hardy, Event pro Bayley, Ultimate pro Sasha Banks

Honestly this whole think is kinda ruining Braun.

First Braun back away from Taker, then gets beat by Roman, then is made to look like Roman will straight up beat him again, then goes down from one Choke Slam from Taker.

Would of at least saved some face if the dong hit, Roman is distracted, Running Powerslam from Strowman for the 1, 2, 3, Taker appear then either Choke Slam Reigns or he tries to, and Reigns fights back for the Spear.

Really at this point Strowman is about as much of a threat as Kane is. lol

Honestly this whole think is kinda ruining Braun.

First Braun back away from Taker, then gets beat by Roman, then is made to look like Roman will straight up beat him again, then goes down from one Choke Slam from Taker.

Would of at least saved some face if the dong hit, Roman is distracted, Running Powerslam from Strowman for the 1, 2, 3, Taker appear then either Choke Slam Reigns or he tries to, and Reigns fights back for the Spear.

Really at this point Strowman is about as much of a threat as Kane is. lol
    I don't watch Raw but did Taker chokeslam Braun without any resistance? Like casually?
    Beware The Big Red Monster!

Quote Originally Posted by Dariush View Post
    I don't watch Raw but did Taker chokeslam Braun without any resistance? Like casually?
    yes he caught him by suprise he was staring Roman down while Braun stood like a deer in the headlights before Taker turned around quickly goozled Bruan and chokeslammed him and promptly ate a spear for his troubles

Quote Originally Posted by Dariush View Post
    Here you go.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3NuiPtyEBk

Quote Originally Posted by supinesmokey13 View Post
    yes he caught him by suprise he was staring Roman down while Braun stood like a deer in the headlights before Taker turned around quickly goozled Bruan and chokeslammed him and promptly ate a spear for his troubles
    Danke...both of you.

Yeah that did seem pretty bad, they shouldn't have done it to Braun like that.

Also Justin, Kane at 2014 was pretty weak but he ain't that weak as of now....I don't think he has lost a match clean after the Rollins title match.
    Beware The Big Red Monster!

I don't understand why Braun is still in this, it's like they're just passing time until they decide whether he's gonna be in the Andre or not

Nice to see Bayley losing left right & centre before the PPV, vintage "divas revolution"
    Retired Legend

Enough is enough & Cat Daddy will never change.

Quote Originally Posted by Roman Empire View Post
    I don't understand why Braun is still in this, it's like they're just passing time until they decide whether he's gonna be in the Andre or not

Nice to see Bayley losing left right & centre before the PPV, vintage "divas revolution"
    For me WWE burying Bayley is one of things they are doing right, though that's just biased judgement as I can't stand her. lol Faster she's buried the better.

Um... did the main event actually have a victor? Like.. I don't recall seeing a successful pinfall or submission. And reigns speared him.. tragic.
    YouTube Channel Link.
    #PushAliciaFox

Um... did the main event actually have a victor? Like.. I don't recall seeing a successful pinfall or submission. And reigns speared him.. tragic.
    Nope. Referee left the ring pretty much as soon as Undertaker appeared if I remember correctly.

For me WWE burying Bayley is one of things they are doing right, though that's just biased judgement as I can't stand her. lol Faster she's buried the better.
    Unfortunately I don't see her dropping it any time soon
    Retired Legend

Unfortunately I don't see her dropping it any time soon
    I honestly see Nia winning the title at mania.
    Honestly, I'm happy whoever wins. As long as it isn't Charlotte.. however, I've read from a few trusty sites that somehow plans are to get Emma, Dana & Summer Rae involved in the match, but with only one show left before mania I can't see how that's going to be made possible..? we'll see.
    YouTube Channel Link.
    #PushAliciaFox

I honestly see Nia winning the title at mania.
    Honestly, I'm happy whoever wins. As long as it isn't Charlotte.. however, I've read from a few trusty sites that somehow plans are to get Emma, Dana & Summer Rae involved in the match, but with only one show left before mania I can't see how that's going to be made possible..? we'll see.
    I hope so, she's the only one I'd be happy with winning, someone newer in the title picture for once, I'd love her just squashing everyone till a built up face dethrones her.. classic David (Davina) vs Goliath (Geraldine?)
    Retired Legend

I hope so, she's the only one I'd be happy with winning, someone newer in the title picture for once, I'd love her just squashing everyone till a built up face dethrones her.. classic David (Davina) vs Goliath (Geraldine?)
    But who would be the Geraldine?
    YouTube Channel Link.
    #PushAliciaFox