View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

3 42.86%

3 42.86%

1 14.29%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: WWE RAW #1247 - 04/17/17 - Will Strowman's Rampage Continue? *SPOILERS*

Arrow WWE RAW #1247 - 04/17/17 - Will Strowman's Rampage Continue? *SPOILERS*

WWE Raw preview, April 17, 2017: Will Braun Strowman's inhuman rampage continue?

Braun Strowman’s callous and horrific attack last week on Roman Reigns was one of the most destructive acts in the history of Monday Night Raw. After severely injuring The Big Dog in that onslaught, what’s next for The Monster Among Men?

• Is Braun Strowman unstoppable

As if savagely and repeatedly mauling Roman Reigns on Raw wasn’t enough, Braun Strowman put a punctuation mark on the unimaginable punishment by using his near-superhuman strength to tip over an ambulance as The Big Dog was strapped to a gurney inside it.

While Reigns recovers from multiple injuries, Raw General Manager Kurt Angle still has a monster on his hands. Can Strowman’s ferocity be contained?

• Has Elias Samson “drifted” to Raw?

After wandering his way through the crowd in Long Island’s Nassau Veterans Memorial Coliseum this past Monday night, NXT’s Elias Samson wound up on the entrance ramp as Raw Tag Team Champions The Hardy Boyz entered the ring for the night’s Eight-Man Tag Team Match. The mysterious musician left soon after, leaving many to wonder why The Drifter had, well, drifted to Raw.

Following that unusual appearance, it’s clear that Samson has some interest in Team Red. Keep your eyes peeled for The Drifter tonight as Raw emanates from Columbus, Ohio.

• Is Nia Jax in line for a Raw Women’s Title opportunity?

There were some major shifts in the Raw Women’s division this past Monday night as Alexa Bliss and Mickie James joined the Team Red roster, but it was Nia Jax who ruled the night, first defeating former Raw Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair and then laying waste to another former champion, Sasha Banks, and its current bearer, Bayley.

As the fan-favorite titleholder writhed in agony on the mat following a ring-shaking Samoan drop, Jax proclaimed, “This championship is mine, Bayley!” Will that statement become a reality sooner than later?

• Which Raw newcomers will “shake up” Team Red the most?

The Superstar Shake-up brought a varied assortment of SmackDown LIVE Superstars to Raw, including Intercontinental Champion Dean Ambrose, The Miz, Bray Wyatt, Alexa Bliss, Mickie James, Curt Hawkins, Apollo Crews, Kalisto and the team of Heath Slater & Rhyno.

This sudden influx of new competitors has created exciting new possibilities for Team Red as former SmackDown LIVE Superstars aim to make their mark on Monday night’s hottest show. Who will dominate this week? Stay tuned.

• Will Seth Rollins and Samoa Joe settle their unfinished business?

Moments after Raw General Manager Kurt Angle affirmed that Seth Rollins is on Raw to stay, Samoa Joe ambushed The Kingslayer to finish the job he started on Rollins’ knee several weeks ago. However, Rollins was ready, nailing The Destroyer with two swift kicks that sent Joe into retreat.

Clearly, we haven’t seen the last collision between these heated rivals, and if they cross paths tonight, fists and feet will fly.

Don’t miss Raw at 8/7 C on USA Network!
    Join: The Kings of Wrestling (E-Fed) (JOIN NOW) / WWE Fantasy Wrestling Warfare (S3) (ON-GOING) / WWE PPV Predictions (S4)
    I AM THE ARCHITECT OF THE 2K FORUMS!!! | WE WANT NEW DAY POPS!!! -

COZZA'S RAW REVIEW;

• Braun Strowman started off the episode stating that he wasn't finished dealing out damage and wanted more competition. Kurt Angle made his way to the ring and the two had a short verbal exchange which lead to Angle giving Strowman the night off. Strowman said that Foley tried to play those games and look what happened. (8/10)

• Samoa Joe vs. Chris Jericho (8.5/10);
    - This was a great contest to open the match portion of the show. Samoa Joe was able to defeat Chris Jericho after locking in the Coquina Clutch Submission which forced Jericho to tap out within moments. Samoa Joe wins via Submission.
    - Following the match, Samoa Joe and Seth Rollins who was on commentary exchanged words about their match at Payback.

• Amderson and Gallows were shown making their way to the ring and then The Golden Truth (their opponents) were also shown. Braun Strowman would attack R-Truth and Goldust which probably means their match is off. WWE had already lost another tag team over the weekend. They don't need to lose anymore. (8/10)

• Karl Anderson/Luke Gallows vs. Enzo & Big Cass (7.5/10);
    - This match was alright. Anderson and Gallows were able to pick up the victory. Karl Anderson/Luke Gallows win via Pinfall.

HOUR ONE RATING: 32/4 = 8.

• The Miz and Maryse hosted the first MizTV segment since they were drafted to the Red Brand. Ambrose was the guest and after Miz and Maryse spoke for a bit, Ambrose Interuppted. They all exchanged words verbally before the segment broke out into a brawl. Ambrose came out of the segment on top. (8.5/10)

• Braun Strowman was shown backstage dragging a defencelessness Kalisto. Big Show saved Kalisto from further punishment after he blindsided Strowman and told him to pick on someone his own size. (8/10)

• TJ Perkins vs. Jack Gallagher (7.5/10);
    - This match was good. Neville and Aries were at ringside during this match which allowed for Perkins as the two were involved in a brawl which opened up for Perkins to get the victory. TJ Perkins wins via Pinfall.

• Apollo Crews was backstage talking with Akira Tozawa when Titus O'Neil entered the picture. Titus would use words that rhymed with Crews to try and get Crews to join the Titus brand. Titus would leave Crews with a card which I guess that Crews could choose to use whenever he wants to go on a Titus Cruise. (7.5/10)

• Mike Rome was interviewing The Hardy's who were asked about their venture back to WWE at WrestleMania. This is where The Hardy's procured the WWE RAW Tag Team Championships after ascending the ladder and capturing them from above the ring of MeekMahon. Cesaro and Sheamus would walk into the picture and both teams exchanged words before both teams respectfully went their own way. (8.5/10)

HOUR TWO RATING: 40/5 = 8.

• Sasha Banks vs. Alexa Bliss vs. Mickie James vs. Nia Jax + Fatal-4-Way No.1 Contenders Match for the WWE RAW Women's Championship (8/10);
    - This match was great. Was expecting Sasha Banks to win the match, but was also hoping that Alexa Bliss would win too which she did. Alexa Bliss wins via Pinfall - Sasha Banks pinned.

• Curt Hawkins vs. Finn Bálor (8/10);
    - Finn Bálor defeated Curt Hawkins very quickly. After suffering a concussion last week, I didn't think Bálor would be cleared to return to action so soon. Glad that he was cleared to continue competing. Finn Bálor wins via Pinfall.

• Chris Jericho was interviewed by Mike Rome. He was asked about his United States Championship match against Kevin Owens at Payback where if he wins, he goes to SD Live. Jericho again confused Mike Rome for Tom Phillips and was going to add his name to the list. Elias Samson however walked behind them again strumming his guitar as he has been doing throughout the episode and was instead added to the list instead. (8.5/10)

• Bray Wyatt had an eerie promo promoting his House of Horrors match against Randy Orton at Payback for the WWE Championship. (8.5/10)

• Dana Brooke and Alicia Fox were going over footage from last weeks 205 Live where a box of powder exploded in the face of Alicia Fox. Emma walked into the locker room and told Alicia that Dana had been sharing the footage all week and making fun of Alicia. Alicia said that she didn't want to be friends. Emma than re-stated Dana said that she said she could do well on her own and Emma also mentioned something about balancing. (7.5/10)

• Jeff Hardy w/ Matt Hardy vs. Cesaro w/ Sheamus (8.5/10);
    - An excellent match by both competitors. Jeff Hardy can still go in singles competition. Although he is currently teaming with his brother Matt, seeing singles matches from the two of them would be good every now and then. Jeff Hardy wins via Pinfall.

• Mike Rome was going to get updates on the WWE Superstars that Strowman hurt earlier during the episode. Heath Slater and Rhyno then entered the picture and spoke about being drafted to WWE RAW after Slater wasn't drafted at all last year. Braun Strowman walked past them in a rage but didn't attack them and they moved clear of his path even as far as Rhyno dropping his crackers or whatever he was eating. Big Show was also shown but in a calm manner. (8/10)

• Big Show vs. Braun Strowman (10/10);
    - This was an excellent match to end the episode. The match ended after Braun Strowman Suplexed Big Show from the top rope causing both men to collapse the ring and the referee John Cone to take what looks to have been a bad fall outside of the ring. Strowman stood tall and then after highlights of the moment we're shown, Strowman was shown on the stage standing tall again and stating that everyone will fall. Draw Match due to ring collapse.

HOUR THREE RATING: 67/8 = 8.375 = 8.5 = 9.

OVERALL RATING: 8 + 8 + 9 = 25. 25/3 = 8.33* = 8.5 = 9/10.
    Last edited by COZZA SAID SO; 04-17-2017 at 08:22 PM.
    Join: The Kings of Wrestling (E-Fed) (JOIN NOW) / WWE Fantasy Wrestling Warfare (S3) (ON-GOING) / WWE PPV Predictions (S4)

Booker T on commentary? Eh, better than Otunga.
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

Quote Originally Posted by thecarolinabull View Post
    Booker is filling in while Otunga films a movie.

Booker will be around for, I think 6-8 week then Otunga will return.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Looks like a bit of a soft reboot on the Good Brothers. Hopefully it isn't too late to save Gallows and Anderson after months of all over the place booking
    Handsome Rusev for WWE Champion!

So Ambrose and Miz come to RAW, and they get put in a reboot of a played out feud from SD.

They was better off on SD. At least they was facing other people.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Maryse echoing my thoughts.
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

Cole covered for Otunga, claiming that he was filming a movie. We all where he really is - Kurt realized he had been screwed on the deal and tried to send him back. Otunga is currently lost in shipping limbo... Just like my copy of Nioh.
    Handsome Rusev for WWE Champion!

Serious Dean has so much potential... I just wish they'd pull the trigger on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cynical View Post
    Cole covered for Otunga - claiming that he was filming a movie, but we all know that Kurt realized he had been screwed on the deal and tried to send him back. Otunga is currently lost in shipping limbo... Just like my copy of Nioh.
    Omg

Well it's the Big Slow!! JK. Can't wait to see these two Monster trucks collide.

RAW should of drafted Kane or Corbin.

We've already seen Strowman/Big Show a few times. Strowman VS Kane or Corbin would of been cool.

Hell they could of has Shamaro in the tag match, have Strowman take out Enzo, and have Strowman VS Big Cass.

But instead it's Strowman VS Big Show for like the 3rd, 4th, or 5th time.

It's RAW though, originality is to much for them.

Finn Bálor mustn't have anymore concussion symptoms.

Guess Balor's concussion wasn't bad.

Lmao. The same people saying "stop shoving Alexa down our throats" are the same people who want Charlotte to dethrone Naomi tomorrow night.
    Simply Stated. You're not entitled to something because it's what you want.
    YouTube Channel Link.
    #PushAliciaFox
    I'm a guy. No, seriously. I just really like Womens Wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayJLee View Post
    Lmao. The same people saying "stop shoving Alexa down our throats" are the same people who want Charlotte to dethrone Naomi tomorrow night.
    I like Alexa and it's nice to see someone other than the 4HW be "shoved down our throats".

Wish the Hardys had their singles themes, but oh well.

John Cone looked to have taken a bad fall with what just happened. He earned his pay check tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by COZZA SAID SO View Post
    John Cone looked to have taken a bad fall with what just happened. He earned his pay check tonight.
    What happened? Strowman again?

What happened? Strowman again?
    When the ring collapsed he took a bad fall out of the ring.

The ring collapsed? Why does all the good stuff happen when I tune out.

I think Cesaro should of won. Jeff was selling a injury since early in the match, it was the prime time for him to put over a younger star and help build Shamaro as a threat to the tag titles.

Instead they pulled the Superman John Cena nonsense and had Jeff win. Way to make the #1 contenders look like no threat at all. Seriously if Cesaro can't defeat a injured Jeff Hardy, he stands no chance at all in the title match. It's a god damn joke the way that finish was booked.

I do like the main event. I think Strowman is the first guy ever to cause a Ring Collapse Superplex and stand back to his feat afterwards, isn't he?

The ring collapsed? Why does all the good stuff happen when I tune out.
    They knew you weren't watching so they did something that they know you wouldn't see.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    I think Cesaro should of won. Jeff was selling a injury since early in the match, it was the prime time for him to put over a younger star and help build Shamaro as a threat to the tag titles.

Instead they pulled the Superman John Cena nonsense and had Jeff win. Way to make the #1 contenders look like no threat at all. Seriously if Cesaro can't defeat a injured Jeff Hardy, he stands no chance at all in the title match. It's a god damn joke the way that finish was booked.

I do like the main event. I think Strowman is the first guy ever to cause a Ring Collapse Superplex and stand back to his feat afterwards, isn't he?
    I liked the Jeff Hardyvs. Cesaro match. Jeff hasn't had a singles match win for a long time and it made sense to give him one. Matt Hardy and Sheamus will most likely fight next week and Sheamus could win that match.

I think Strowman is the first and only person (at the moment anyway) to stand tall after the ring collapse spot.

EDIT: Strowman is the only competitor to stand after it. Mike Chioda was able to get up after the first spot between Lesnar/Big Show when the ring collapsed in the early 2000's. Given Chioda didn't take a bad fall, he still got up though.

I bet Vince is salivating over the dollar signs he sees in another Jeff Hardy singles run. If they can put their trust in him again anyway. The dude was one of the most over acts they had before his departure from WWE.

They knew you weren't watching so they did something that they know you wouldn't see.

I liked the Jeff Hardyvs. Cesaro match. Jeff hasn't had a singles match win for a long time and it made sense to give him one. Matt Hardy and Sheamus will most likely fight next week and Sheamus could win that match.

I think Strowman is the first and only person (at the moment anyway) to stand tall after the ring collapse spot.

EDIT: Strowman is the only competitor to stand after it. Mike Chioda was able to get up after the first spot between Lesnar/Big Show when the ring collapsed in the early 2000's. Given Chioda didn't take a bad fall, he still got up though.
    The match was fun.

What I'm saying is we're supposed to buy into Cesaro and Sheamus as a threat to the tag belts. Now if Jeff and Cesaro had a good back and forth match and Jeff won straight up, it wouldn't be so bad as both would look strong and it'd be a simple case of "well Jeff was just the better man on this night."

But the way WWE booked it. They booked Jeff to start selling a injury early in the match. And despite that, Cesaro still lost.

It made Cesaro look like a complete chump. He literally can not beat a injured opponent.

Even if Sheamus beats Matt it doesn't really matter, Sheamus partner was already made to be a weak link and look like garbage. So all people will be thinking is "well this is predictable, Cesaro loses the match at payback."

If Jeff was booked to win, he should NOT of been selling a injury.

If Jeff was selling a injury (which he was), then he should of lost.

Option A you could of protected Cesaro in the loss, option B you could of protected Hardy in the loss.

But instead WWE went with option C, making Cesaro look like a complete chump.

Just re-watched the match and by the end of it both were just as fatigued and plagued with some issue caused during the match. Neither man looked weaker as Cesaro still was giving it his all up until the final moments where Jeff was ending the match.

Sometimes it's better to not look to deep into things and instead accept them for what they are and watch how the rest continues to play out.

Cesaro and Sheamus still look strong going into their match at Payback to me.

Just re-watched the match and by the end of it both were just as fatigued and plagued with some issue caused during the match. Neither man looked weaker as Cesaro still was giving it his all up until the final moments where Jeff was ending the match.

Sometimes it's better to not look to deep into things and instead accept them for what they are and watch how the rest continues to play out.

Cesaro and Sheamus still look strong going into their match at Payback to me.
    To each their own. Hardy started selling the back area and limping early on. What was wrong with Cesaro exactly? Nothing I could see, he was just worn out and beaten by a injured Hardy. To me that's a bad look.

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    I bet Vince is salivating over the dollar signs he sees in another Jeff Hardy singles run. If they can put their trust in him again anyway. The dude was one of the most over acts they had before his departure from WWE.
    Indeed and I'd love to see another Jeff Hardy single run. Especially with his "No More Words" theme.

Great RAW

WWE will be making a huge mistake not going with the flow with Braun and continuing the Roman stuff

Braun is over because one he's beating Roman and 2 he's just really fun to watch. The only thing that could turn Braun full heel is if he beat up Daniel Bryan

Quote Originally Posted by Bethany View Post
    Great RAW

WWE will be making a huge mistake not going with the flow with Braun and continuing the Roman stuff

Braun is over because one he's beating Roman and 2 he's just really fun to watch. The only thing that could turn Braun full heel is if he beat up Daniel Bryan
    …he is full heel? He came into WWE has a heel, and never went face??
    Simply Stated. You're not entitled to something because it's what you want.
    YouTube Channel Link.
    #PushAliciaFox
    I'm a guy. No, seriously. I just really like Womens Wrestling.

Quote Originally Posted by SlayJLee View Post
    …he is full heel? He came into WWE has a heel, and never went face??
    I meant full heel as in fan perception

WWE has him as a heel but to the fans hes the most over babyface on RAW because hes killing Roman