Thread: Face off mode - Light the lamp spinner pulls

Quote Originally Posted by Lyon View Post
    Be patient even more and you will get leg, star or maybe even PO spinner
    You can get spinners above your tier?
    WWE SuperCard: SS17++
    MyNBA2K18: Elite++ ----> My YouTube <----
    NHL SuperCard 2K18: Super Rare

Be patient even more and you will get leg, star or maybe even PO spinner . But they are very rare, so don't expect too much.

Yeah, i am in top 10. I have nothing to do these days at work, so i can play almost whole day .
    Don't count on it I've still had nothing higher than epic and never been out of top couple of tiers.
    IGN: 22"PYTHONS
    I'm back baby.

I believe spinners are not related to your tier. But higher ones are really rare. So far i pulled 2x PO and 4x star and i am in the top tier since face off was released.
    Uninstalled.

OMG!!

So I got A Rare Spinner (I've got something like 5 spinners today, must have to do with my top 100 ranking)

I upgraded to A super rare with the ad, then spun an ultra rare THEN spun an Epic and THEN I got the Epic Pep Talk, the card I wanted!! I know it's the best support in the game and it's gonna help my deck so much XDDD
    I also recorded it on my phone, reaction was priceless lmao

Quote Originally Posted by shinybaconplays View Post
    OMG!!

So I got A Rare Spinner (I've got something like 5 spinners today, must have to do with my top 100 ranking)

I upgraded to A super rare with the ad, then spun an ultra rare THEN spun an Epic and THEN I got the Epic Pep Talk, the card I wanted!! I know it's the best support in the game and it's gonna help my deck so much XDDD
    I also recorded it on my phone, reaction was priceless lmao
    Grats man!!
    I'm back baby.

Just pulled my 1st common spinner LOL
    I'm back baby.

Quote Originally Posted by Darny boy View Post
    Just pulled my 1st common spinner LOL
    haha hey - still counts as a board reset
    Quick Play: Playoff+ | Season: Playoff | Record: 10009-865
    RTTC D Sedin* | H Sedin | Draisaitl* | Crosby(OOP) | RTTC Kessel(OOP) | Talbot
    Soft Hands | Skate Drills | IGN: FearTheCubans

I am tier 1 and common spinner is quite common pull .
    Uninstalled.

I am tier 1 and common spinner is quite common pull .
    I've never gotten a common, I usually get rares and super rares. I'm tier 2 rank 60-70

WOOOO

Just pulled my first STAR SPINNER

I did pay the 200 cr upgrade because I thought it was worth it to get a P.O.
    I got Forsberg which was a LW which was kinda a bit unfortunate die to my only other PO card being a LW but hey I'll take it!!

WOOOO

Just pulled my first STAR SPINNER

I did pay the 200 cr upgrade because I thought it was worth it to get a P.O.
    I got Forsberg which was a LW which was kinda a bit unfortunate die to my only other PO card being a LW but hey I'll take it!!
    Grats bacon
    I'm back baby.

https://imgur.com/f7bhFpk

Went from SR upto LEG and got this.
    I'm back baby.

Registered just to say I'm playoff tier in quick game and tier 3 here. Just pulled my first playoff spinner, got the crosby rookie playoff card

Lucky. Just pulled my first Playoff card besides my freebie and it was a pro Filip Forsberg (get the other one from PO spinner)

But this represents a huge problem as I now have 7 PO cards and 6 are LW and 1 is a goalie

Lucky. Just pulled my first Playoff card besides my freebie and it was a pro Filip Forsberg (get the other one from PO spinner)

But this represents a huge problem as I now have 7 PO cards and 6 are LW and 1 is a goalie
    Trade me for all my RW lol
    I'm back baby.

I'm in the same boat... Of my top 10 cards - 6 are RW, 2 are C. Then 1 LW, 1 D, and my goalie is my weak link.
    Quick Play: Playoff+ | Season: Playoff | Record: 10009-865
    RTTC D Sedin* | H Sedin | Draisaitl* | Crosby(OOP) | RTTC Kessel(OOP) | Talbot
    Soft Hands | Skate Drills | IGN: FearTheCubans

Quote Originally Posted by AJD16 View Post
    Registered just to say I'm playoff tier in quick game and tier 3 here. Just pulled my first playoff spinner, got the crosby rookie playoff card
    Can we see any proof of this? Because if it is true, i will be EnRaGeD!!!

I also registered just to give a friendly, time-saving heads-up to all of you trying this Face Off sideshow this month.

I decided i'd try to crank out a top tier rating this month, see if it was at all worth it. I started this mini-game the second it opened up in June, won the first match, then saw my record was 1-3 as the game for some reason carried over the 3 losses i had for all of May. Not a good start.

And it has not gotten any better since. I have stayed in Tier One for the entire month. I was in 3rd place after the first week, then didn't play at all during Rivals clash and still kept a Top 20 ranking. After a couple of days i was back to bouncing between 7th/10th spots, and am currently in 8th with a 2702-18 record. Of course i'm running a PLAYOFF ++ QG lineup, which i feel makes no difference to the outcome of what spinners (or lack thereof) is won.. Although I've cut down the playing to just basically just getting energy for season play, because of the lame payouts i'm about to announce.

I'll have a neat list of what spinners dropped at the conclusion of the month, but for now tell me if you think this is worth it.
    Forget anything up to Super Rares, i didn't keep track of those, and focus on the meager "HIGH END" offerings:

Didn't get a spinner above Super Rare until June 7th when i landed an UR while in 5th overall and an EPIC in 3rd place.

Total so far for the month:
    Ultra Rare - 8
    Epic - 2
    Legendary - 3
    Star - 1
    PLAYOFF - NONE

I'm not counting any SRs that i then spun & won an upgrade to the next tier as an UR spinner. It's just a list of what i was awarded off the draft board.

This weak time-killer is not worth anyone's time unless they truly are a beginner. The in-game quote that "Higher Leaderboard positions increase the chance to get better Light The Lamp Spinners" is nothing but a fallacy! 8th place overall X Zero still equals ZERO!!
    Last edited by MajorIceKicking; 06-30-2017 at 08:12 PM.

I'm in rank 120 or so (was 50th or so but stopped really pushing it) and I have done similarly to what you have done, but I have got 2 star spinners

I average about one spinner every 40 games. The highest I've gotten is an epic which I upgraded to legendary via the ad watch. I pulled a Forsberg. Beyond that mostly just Rares/SuperRares
    Quick Game: Playoff - RTTC Sedin, Sedin, Laine*, Schultz, Draisaitl*, Anderson

Season: Star++

What kinda proof could i give you, side note all i get is centers

Here's my post to wrap up the anemic winnings from June's Face Off:

I only received 3 more spinners after i submitted an identical message to the one i posted last week here and sent it to Supercard's development team. I added an extra paragraph about how i felt the entire setup was unfair, unbalanced and a complete waste of the players time, only made to gain the game creators extra cash by charging people an upgrade fee if they ever got a legendary or star spinner that made them feel they could obtain something good if they paid the 200 credits. Perhaps the truth stung too much that i got blacklisted lol, because i suddenly went into a spinner drop drought. The last 3 i ever saw were all URs, and equally as useless as any i received earlier this month.

Look at what place i was in when each of these spinners fell, and tell me if you plan on playing 3000 games of Face Off to sit in a Top 20 spot for an entire month:

17th Overall: 1 UR
    12th Overall: 1 UR
    11th Overall: 1 EPIC, 1 LEGENDARY
    9th Overall: 3 URs, 1 STAR
    8th Overall: 3 URs, 1 LEGENDARY
    5th Overall: UR
    3rd Overall: EPIC

Another thing is, that draft board for Face Off is different from the regular one that you choose cards from when you play QGs and weekend events. So if you need 'x' amount of board resets to get to a playoff card, it's not split between whichever 'game' you're choosing to play. Which makes that ridiculously long path towards a playoff card seem infinite when bouncing between both draft boards.

Yeah, i will definitely not be wasting any more time playing this farce other than to reach 40 energy for my season play.

Good stuff. I learned the first month that being in the top 25 is irrelevant, i spent entire month of june in tier 2 between 30th and 50th place, got the following, 3 direct playoff spinners, 4 star, 2 leg, and at least 12 playoff players, , i call that pretty good for june

It's all about luck really and it varies. I've gotten great luck playing this game, I've pulled a good amount of star and PO cards already, but spinned is just so random. The tiers do increase your chances noticably but there should be a definitive reward at the end of the month (maybe tier 1 gets 4 spinners of current tier, tier 2 gets 2-3 spinners, etc) but it's a bit too luck based and could mean a lot of grinding for nothing.

It's all about luck really and it varies. I've gotten great luck playing this game, I've pulled a good amount of star and PO cards already, but spinned is just so random. The tiers do increase your chances noticably but there should be a definitive reward at the end of the month (maybe tier 1 gets 4 spinners of current tier, tier 2 gets 2-3 spinners, etc) but it's a bit too luck based and could mean a lot of grinding for nothing.
    Luck has just hit me --- I have today now pulled Several Leg cards, a Star and Playoff card. I have AMAZING luck in this game!!

Edit: pulled another Leg Enhancement 15 mins later

EDIT 2: JUST PULLED A STAR D TYSON BARRIE 10 MINS LATER
    Last edited by shinybaconplays; 07-01-2017 at 10:21 PM.

I'm kind of surprised a decent amount are still playing face off. I expected face off tiers to get much easier with the season ending.

Quote Originally Posted by JPank88 View Post
    I'm kind of surprised a decent amount are still playing face off. I expected face off tiers to get much easier with the season ending.
    People didn't know the game was over at that point. I'm sure next month will get real easy

I got a Legendary Pep Talk (+23 to all) from an Epic spinner. It was the only good thing I've ever gotten from one But what an amazingly good draw!

Quote Originally Posted by Livingston View Post
    I got a Legendary Pep Talk (+23 to all) from an Epic spinner. It was the only good thing I've ever gotten from one But what an amazingly good draw!
    Too bad the game is now pointless to play..

Yeah it is. I feel like an idiot for spending money it was such a waste.

Came on to build up energy after another yawn-filled Playoff Tier Cup Win, 17th in a row. Some lame-named bot is the opponent, as usual, so i hit any two players and don't pay attention. I go to hit players for the 2nd period, and then notice i'm losing....?

There was an update after i finished my season early this afternoon. They apparently raised the strength of the computer's cards to be exactly like the real card would be like if i was playing it. I had hit Pro Elite Event Jones with Pro Common HICKEY lol, so that won't fly anymore.

I'm curious if now the seasons will be more difficult (difficult? LMAO!) with real-stats on the 28 bot opponents cards. The one other human player that gets stuck with me would then actually have the worst team in the season hahaha

So to recap, the update just made it harder for those using pro cards that are not from events in their lineup. Funny how they'd put in the time to bother doing something like that, guess they want to turn off even more people from playing anymore

I was wondering how i was losing some points in faceoff mode, everyplayer is same rating as my team, their twitter actually said something today about an update this morning,, what a bunch of [REDACTED]
    Last edited by Zeokage; 08-22-2017 at 10:19 PM. Reason: Inappropriate commentIna removed

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyw View Post
    I was wondering how i was losing some points in faceoff mode, everyplayer is same rating as my team, their twitter actually said something today about an update this morning,, what a bunch of [REDACTED]
    Lmao that's hilarious, redacted. Well to be fair in face off having cards with 6000-7000 stats facing 1000 stat cards was no challenge and I bet something similar ( not as bad) was happening in seasons. I just finished a season and now knowing it's a lot harder I'm second guessing starting another one

Also if you got event pros it's not any harder you still beat them every time, so it's your own fault if you didn't get them.

Out of more than 10 spinners I've only gotten 1 star and paid the 200sticks to upgrade it to a playoff
    I think I got a +132 Playoff support card.
    Also I was in the first tier.
    Mostly get super rare spinners.

I also try to time the spinner hitting stop as the spinner comes by the spinner pie.
    It sometimes works but it's prob mostly random.

And now to follow up, bots are not any different in season mode. Though i am actually in a season now with 4 other real players, I've never had more than 2 before in Playoff Tier. Maybe they are starting to shut down some servers, just like I remember last year's version did (not as early as August), forcing people to wait longer for seasons to start and unavoidably grouping more human opponents together.

This makes it more fun when these real people keep playing non-stop and energizing, scrambling over each other to finish in first place---- while i don't energize until the very end of the season in my constant goal of finishing in the 8/9 spot, and knocking the top Overachiever out of the playoffs with 2 Star cards as his prize LMAO!!

Hey, sometimes you have to make your own fun in this game

I better keep this post on topic, before i get another warning.... how about Hyperion in FACEOFF? Unless i purposely drop one of the first 2 rounds in a game, he'll lose both periods every time, and then ALWAYS leave the match before the 3rd round begins. He's not going to get the Game Night back, and who cares if you have a loss on your record, so why do it constantly? I'm really hoping to catch him in a season.... then there'll be NO ESCAPE. bwhahahahaha!!!!!
    Last edited by MajorIceKicking; 08-25-2017 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Last edited by Zeokage: Do not use bad language

How do you tell they are bots ?
    By their names ?
    Or just their stats and way they play ?

Most of them you just know by looking at their name... if you've been playing the app when it started, you move up in groups with people whenever a new tier would be released. You'd go against a guy a couple of times in Epic tier seasons, not see him for a while, then you'd move to Legendary when it became available and you'd start seeing the same guys again. Also, you'd recognize names from people you passed for a higher position during Event Weekends.

The bots never have Event Cards, and constantly use energy fillers. And for me, if i have a speck of energy left on my players cards, i will beat the bot team by the maximum 3 goals allowed, even if their squad is completely filled with energy. Bots also tend to have a few cards of the same player in their lineup. The easiest tell is most bots in seasons will have a lineup consisting of Holtby in net, D.Keith on 'D' and H. Sedin as forward. THAT'S IT! In seasons when I've been stuck by myself, with no other human players. every bot team would just march out those same 3 player cards LOL!

The face off quit out thing is some sort of glitch someone found out, 2 months ago, not sure how it actually works ,but they still get credit for a win, glitchers do stupid things if it benefits their game experience.

Hmm, i remember us discussing "Too Sweet" with FACEOFF mode before, but i never got a notification saying " waiting for opponent to connect" when playing his lineup. Didn't know that not even connecting to a real opponent before the match would still benefit him.

This guy Hyperion IS in the game, he connects and starts the match--- he just bails at the point when he sees he can't win. There's been others we've probably all encountered that do this as well. I could only recall a couple of more names, since i don't play much FACEOFF except to re-energize. There was one with Russian lettering i got all 3 Game Nights in a row against, and 3 straight times he quit after losing the first 2 periods--- then later on that day i got him and i would put out my Pro Common Hickey to throw a round, THEN he'd stick around and I'd still win the last 2 periods and the match LOL. Also there's "Allwright", who i thought sounded like a pathetic bot-name, then i noticed it said 'waiting on opponent' after i randomly selected any cards for the first two periods and still took him out hahaha. After the second period each time he'd log out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123