Thread: Slow Down Time in Car GRAPHICS

Exclamation Slow Down Time in Car GRAPHICS

hey guys, with the new DLC faster baby they new implementation of slowing down time in the car is an amazing feature but the thing is that is the best is the game graphics go from defualt grey graphics to bright amazing looking graphics when you activate slow motion the sad thing is this only last a few seconds. * I would really love to see the feature added so you can permanently make the game look like it does when you activate slow motion becuase it feels like when the slow motion runs out and the graphics go back to the defualt, the defualt graphics look extremely trash and outdated and almost unplayable as you have seen the capabilities and it is just there to tease the player* ****** this feature i would like to see in the game wont take much programming as the feature is already in the game but EXTREMELY LIMITED *****
    thank you, please respond developers.

Totally agree. I've fiddled with my TV settings to boost color and try to eliminate the washed out graphics, spurred on by the countless PC mods. It's a temporary fix, but it's frustrating to know exactly what the game is capable of, and that a lot of the graphical faults of this game are boiled down to 'artistic decisions' like choosing to wash out all the colors and blur everything and not actual engine shortcomings. Mafia II looks better in many places simply because it doesn't have so many (forcibly applied by H13, not even optional to the player) filters and graphic effects destroying the carefully crafted landscape of New Bordeaux. It's a shame, because the city is one of the best parts of the game, and it's mired by being anywhere from gorgeous to pathetically disgustingly unattractive depending on weather and time of day.

Secondly, the 'slow down time' mechanic was added in a vanilla-game patch released just prior to Faster Baby. The same goes for Proximity Mines. These were added to everyone, even if you didn't buy Faster Baby. I wish Hangar 13 had been more clear about that; otherwise, it looks like they put more content in the DLC than they actually did; artificially lengthening the list of additions and improvements made. Slowing down time is separate from anything to do with Faster Baby.
    For as far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a gangster.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny_Scarletto View Post
    Totally agree. I've fiddled with my TV settings to boost color and try to eliminate the washed out graphics, spurred on by the countless PC mods. It's a temporary fix, but it's frustrating to know exactly what the game is capable of, and that a lot of the graphical faults of this game are boiled down to 'artistic decisions' like choosing to wash out all the colors and blur everything and not actual engine shortcomings. Mafia II looks better in many places simply because it doesn't have so many (forcibly applied by H13, not even optional to the player) filters and graphic effects destroying the carefully crafted landscape of New Bordeaux. It's a shame, because the city is one of the best parts of the game, and it's mired by being anywhere from gorgeous to pathetically disgustingly unattractive depending on weather and time of day.

Secondly, the 'slow down time' mechanic was added in a vanilla-game patch released just prior to Faster Baby. The same goes for Proximity Mines. These were added to everyone, even if you didn't buy Faster Baby. I wish Hangar 13 had been more clear about that; otherwise, it looks like they put more content in the DLC than they actually did; artificially lengthening the list of additions and improvements made. Slowing down time is separate from anything to do with Faster Baby.
    yeah totally agree but i really really want a developer to read this discussion as its something they could fix so simply but the only thing i could think of that a developer would reply with a negative comment would be ' then there wouldnt be a difference when u change between slo mo and non-slow mo they would say that the game needs that difference or 'immersion' . but hell we are the players and i would rather the game always look so good than always looking trash and bad.

? does the dev's even look at this forum i literally cant play mafia 3 anymore unless they make it so the player (me) can change bewteen defualt graphics and having my game permanently look like it does when u activate slow motion in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny_Scarletto View Post
    Those were intended to be part of Faster baby, but they thought they would be nice and let everyone have them.

Quote Originally Posted by ReapTheChaos View Post
    Those were intended to be part of Faster baby, but they thought they would be nice and let everyone have them.
    but they wheren't nice enough to let us have the graphics in the game look amazing and just tease us when we activate slow motion in the car and say "hey look how good this game looks for a few seconds" then when slow motion runs out "NOW THERE YOU GO BACK TO HAVING THE GAME LOOK LIKE A TRASH 1970 grey, black and white looking graphics that are so unplayable.
    and then the devs make a forum page for players to improve the game and actually help them and us out and the dev's them selves abandon it and laugh. I would like to see more features added but instead of making a post about adding more features i desperately want to have the game look nice and when im slow motion in a car its bloody amazing, i want it to be like that all time!!!
    DEV'S PLEASE RESPOND AND SHOW US ALL YOU ACTUALLY LOOK AT THE FORUMS !!!
    Thanks

The 70's were grey black and white?
    Wow.
    I lived through the 70's, and I dont remember it that way.
    Do you mean 70's tv? No, that was in color also.
    Hmmmm.
    Oh, maybe you are thinking of 1950's tv shows?
    But, even the 50's had real life color in them, it was just the tv shows that were black and white.
    :P
    Wish in 1 hand, 2k in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
    The 70's were grey black and white?
    Wow.
    I lived through the 70's, and I dont remember it that way.
    Do you mean 70's tv? No, that was in color also.
    Hmmmm.
    Oh, maybe you are thinking of 1950's tv shows?
    But, even the 50's had real life color in them, it was just the tv shows that were black and white.
    :P
    the point im getting across is the game looks black and white when its 2017 i mean come on.
    Congratulations on living through the 70's it must have been a tough time but guesse whats more tough... TRYING TO GET A RESPONSE FROM A DEV ABOUT THIS ISSUE AND GETTING IT FIXED!!!

If I had to guess (and since the devs dont come around, we all have to guess), I would say that the reason they dont have it like that all the time is that the consoles cant hande it? Maybe even the pc cant handle it.
    When you get that kind of graphical sharpness and hi res textures, it can eat up memory fast. And since the game cant maintain a stable 60 fps on workhorse 5-7k machines, I would guess that this brings down the fps a lot.
    Kind of like Bordelands was set to be realistic, but the hardware at the time couldnt handle it.
    And how Crysis was too high end to be brought tovconsoles until, what, 2 gens later?

Thats just my guess though.
    Wish in 1 hand, 2k in the other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave3d View Post
    If I had to guess (and since the devs dont come around, we all have to guess), I would say that the reason they dont have it like that all the time is that the consoles cant hande it? Maybe even the pc cant handle it.
    When you get that kind of graphical sharpness and hi res textures, it can eat up memory fast. And since the game cant maintain a stable 60 fps on workhorse 5-7k machines, I would guess that this brings down the fps a lot.
    Kind of like Bordelands was set to be realistic, but the hardware at the time couldnt handle it.
    And how Crysis was too high end to be brought tovconsoles until, what, 2 gens later?

Thats just my guess though.
    nope my game runs fine when i go slow motion

and the devs still haven't looked at this!
    Last edited by quitypop; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:49 AM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

IS THIS FORUM DEAD or do devs neglect it?

hello devs

(*Bump up*)
    Last edited by Zeokage; 14 Hours Ago at 12:05 AM. Reason: Don't bump threads...add constructively to them

Quote Originally Posted by quitypop View Post
    IS THIS FORUM DEAD or do devs neglect it?
    While the devs might read the posts here now and then, if you expected a reply from them you're sadly mistaken.