View Poll Results: What did you think of this WWE UK Championship Special?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

2 100.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: WWE United Kingdom Championship Special 05/19/17 *SPOILERS*

Arrow WWE United Kingdom Championship Special 05/19/17 *SPOILERS*

This thread is for the coverage of the special which was already pre-taped last week. I can reveal non-result spoiling matches included in the official press release for the special and those matches are;

• Rich Swann & Dan Maloney vs. TJP & The Brian Kendrick
    • Wolfgang vs. Joseph Connors
    • Pete Dunne vs. Trent Seven + Winner will face the winner of the UK Championship on this special at the NXT Takeover event in Chicago.
    • Mark Andrews vs. Tyler Bate (c) + WWE United Kingdom Championship

Two of the matches above already kind of have their results known due to NXT Takeover: Chicago updates by WWE themselves. However, that won't hinder the quality of the matches.

Here is the press release for anyone that wants to read it.

I'll have my official review available during the event. Not during the first airing though as it is on at 5am here. I'll watch it on-demand when I'm able to watch it though. I'll still reserve a post following this one for my review though.

NOTE: Nothing above has any results spoiled as I've only written the matches in the press release and haven't included any results. I only point out that if users have kept up with WWE News, that two of the matches have already kind of been spoiled. However, I haven't given any results or mentioned which matches they are.

If anything needs to be changed or requires spoiler tags, let me know please. None if it should though as again no actual results are given at all.
    Join: The Kings of Wrestling (E-Fed) (JOIN NOW) / WWE Fantasy Wrestling Warfare (S3) (ON-GOING) / WWE PPV Predictions (S4)
    I AM THE ARCHITECT OF THE 2K FORUMS!!! | WE WANT NEW DAY POPS!!! -

COZZA'S UK CHAMPIONSHIP SPECIAL 19/05/17 REVIEW;

• Before I get into my actual review, I'd like to say how great it is to have Jim Ross and Nigel McGuiness calling the action for this event. That scores a 10/10 without any reason needed to be given. (10/10)

1. Wolfgang vs. Joseph Connors (7/10);
    - Good first match to start off the special. Joseph Connors worked on the injured ribs of Wolfgang, however it would see him onto victory as Wolfgang was able to still successfully defeat Joseph Connors after striking him with a jumping spear following up with his own version of a Senton Bomb which he calls The Howling. Wolfgang wins via Pinfall.

2. TJ Perkins/The Brian Kendrick vs. Dan Moloney/Rich Swann + Tag Team Match (7/10);
    - This was a good tag team match. I thought with all of the accidental issues that Kendrick and Perkins were having and how well Moloney and Swann gelled as a team. TJP and The Brian Kendrick ultimately got the victory though despite everything happening in the match. TJP and The Brian Kendrick win via Pinfall - Dan Moloney pinned by The Brian Kendrick.

• Trent Seven was interviewed following a match he had against Wolfgang where he injured his arm. Pete Dunne targeted Seven and pushed Seven into a wall which could've done further damage to him and could mean that he couldn't win the match against Dunne and earn an opportunity to face whomever won the WWE UK Championship later in the event. The results of the matches mentioned were already known before the special aired. (7.5/10)

3. Pete Dunne vs. Trent Seven + Winner becomes #1 Contender to whomever wins and/or retains the WWE UK Championship in the main event (8.5/10);
    - This was an excellent match. Although I shouldn't be wanting Dunne to win for being a 'bad guy', but Dunne just has that star quality to him that I like. Dunne continued to work on Trent Seven's injured arm which ultimately lead to Pete Dunne getting the victory and advancing to face the winner of the WWE UK Championship Match. Pete Dunne wins via Pinfall.

4. Mark Andrews vs. Tyler Bate (c) WWE United Kingdom Champion (8.5/10);
    - This was an excellent match to end this event. I believed that both competitors could've walked out of the match with the victory and the WWE UK Championship. It was Tyler Bate however who'd ultimately win the match and retain his Championship and will face Pete Dunne at the NXT TakeOver: Chicago event. Looking forward to that match.
    - Pete Dunne would attack Mark Andrews as he was walking up the ramp. Regal then rushed down to ringside and inaudibly told Dunne not to cause trouble (that's what it looked like anyway). Dunne and Bate then stood in the ring with only William a Regal standing between them. I'm kind of wanting Pete Dunne to win, even though I also like Tyler Bate after meeting him a few times last year or the year before or both. Tyler Bate wins via Pinfall.

Overall a successful event in my eyes and I can't wait to see more of these special events in future.

OVERALL EVENT RATING: 48.5/6 = 8.08* = 8/10.
    Last edited by COZZA SAID SO; 05-20-2017 at 06:15 AM.

That lariat from Bate just before Mandrews hit stundog was pretty.

Speaking of pretty, those gold ring posts with the white ropes were downright sexy.
    Last edited by Darth Cynical; 05-20-2017 at 11:10 AM.
    Handsome Rusev for WWE Champion!

The last two matches were great, the U.K. Championship match should steal the show in Chicago.
    @azzim93 | IGN-Azim | Nothing wrong with the cost cutting measures WWE is taking, except Talking Smack won't be weekly anymore...no I am not sad.

For anyone that is interested in reading my review, or if you aren't sure whether to watch the event, my review is up to read.

Also, I've added a poll to the thread to see what those that watched thought of the event.
    Join: The Kings of Wrestling (E-Fed) (JOIN NOW) / WWE Fantasy Wrestling Warfare (S3) (ON-GOING) / WWE PPV Predictions (S4)
    I AM THE ARCHITECT OF THE 2K FORUMS!!! | WE WANT NEW DAY POPS!!! -