Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: A general strategy for Poland

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,109

    A general strategy for Poland

    Continuing my series of Civ V BNW strategies, I have just published a guide for Poland. Please check it out at:
    http://www.megabearsfan.net/post/201...-strategy.aspx

    As always, I appreciate any feedback, so please comment, share, or rate the post as you see fit. I also welcome any discussion about the strategy guide or Poland strategies in general in this forum topic.

    This is my fifth strategy post. The first four are:
    Assyria the tech thief
    Brazil the jungle king
    spicy Indonesia
    Moroccan gatekeepers

    I will also be posting a similar thread on the Civfanatics forums.
    Last edited by MegaBearsFan; 02-24-2014 at 09:00 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    1,370
    I like the guides!

    They are perfect for introducing the civs to new players: looking forward to the next one!

    In this guide the best 'info' imo is on how to effectively use the Hussar's ability to shove enemies.
    -> Perhaps you could make an extra guide on using units to maximum efficiency.


    Keep up the good work!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Leeds, UK
    Posts
    1,315
    Quote Originally Posted by sn1p3rk1ll3 View Post
    In this guide the best 'info' imo is on how to effectively use the Hussar's ability to shove enemies
    Yeah, the Winged Hussar is an incredibly unusual unit. (FYI You see that behaviour in the Scramble for Africa scenario too when attacking barbs).

    In summary, Poland is a great all round civ that benefits from playing maps with a bias for grasslands and plains.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    16
    I think Poland is a good all around land nation to play with.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Vegas, baby!
    Posts
    1,368
    My favorite quote this year... "Prime barbarian hunting season."


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    29
    If you want a more concise and successful strategy guide for Poland then try this one. It's much less pretty and a lot less to read but there's more step by step which I found much easier to follow while actually sitting down to a game.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=501378

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawn View Post
    If you want a more concise and successful strategy guide for Poland then try this one. It's much less pretty and a lot less to read but there's more step by step which I found much easier to follow while actually sitting down to a game.
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=501378
    Excessive verbosity has always been one of my weaknesses. You should see the posts before I edit them down... LoL.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    29
    Your guides are very good. You should post them all here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=451

    They will get WAY more hits.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by blackdbutterfly View Post
    Yeah, the Winged Hussar is an incredibly unusual unit. (FYI You see that https://deadliftdonkey.com/my-crazy-bulk-review behaviour in the Crazy Bulk Scramble for Africa scenario too when attacking barbs).

    In summary, Poland is a great all round civ that benefits from playing maps with a bias for grasslands and plains.
    Cool guide MegaBearsFan, have you made any more like this?
    Last edited by SilverCap; 10-06-2016 at 05:45 AM.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawn View Post
    Your guides are very good. Sarena's results of phen375 review of phen375 You should post them all here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/forumdisplay.php?f=451

    They will get WAY more hits.
    true, i have been reading your guides, your guides are the reason i decided to join forum and wanted to thanks for the great work you are doing,.
    Last edited by alicejones; 04-03-2017 at 09:42 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    1,109
    Quote Originally Posted by alicejones View Post
    true, i have been reading your guides, your guides are the reason i decided to join forum and wanted to thanks for the great work you are doing,.
    Thanks! Hoping to get some Civ VI ones out soon. Stay tuned.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •