Thread: When a new wrestling game comes out, do you carry on your universe mode

When a new wrestling game comes out, do you carry on your universe mode

to the next game or do you just make a new one from scratch? I'm just curious since I thought of doing this idea before but never did it and made a new one.

i usually start a new one every year i feel like doing something different
    pre order 2k18 and be the first to have the privilege of paying us to test our game

Quote Originally Posted by elric6 View Post
    i usually start a new one every year i feel like doing something different
    Nice, yea it's always nice to start fresh to do something different for once

Personally I've been running a continuous universe mode since WWE '13, continuing where I left off each game. The only thing I don't really take into consideration is the age of in-game wrestlers. I do, however, keep track of title histories and past feuds in various spreadsheets. I find it fun to plan it all put and see if I can keep coming up with fresh ideas within the same universe canon.

Quote Originally Posted by GP487 View Post
    Personally I've been running a continuous universe mode since WWE '13, continuing where I left off each game. The only thing I don't really take into consideration is the age of in-game wrestlers. I do, however, keep track of title histories and past feuds in various spreadsheets. I find it fun to plan it all put and see if I can keep coming up with fresh ideas within the same universe canon.
    Nice, hopefully you didn't run into a problem where you had someone as champion and as you carry your universe mode onto the next game, finding out that wrestler wasn't in the game. Like for example, say if you had DDP having one of the titles and wanted to carry the universe story to 2014, which you wouldn't be able to because DDP is not in 2014 or unless you create him and make him lose his title.

My Universe diary this year is a follow on from the promotion (albeit under several metamorphoses, now) that I ran on the 2K16 UM. Due to limitations in 2K15 I ran a WWE show called "Backlash Wrestling", instead. But the seeds of my fictional promotions, the "RLSverse" go all the way back to early SmackDown! games in terms of CAWs and authority figures, and have existed in several different games such as Fire Pros and MDickie titles.

2K18 will follow on directly from where I leave my current diary.
    UNION Wrestling (Universe Thread) <- UNION Awards Categories HERE!

Quote Originally Posted by WWEFan1988 View Post
    Nice, hopefully you didn't run into a problem where you had someone as champion and as you carry your universe mode onto the next game, finding out that wrestler wasn't in the game. Like for example, say if you had DDP having one of the titles and wanted to carry the universe story to 2014, which you wouldn't be able to because DDP is not in 2014 or unless you create him and make him lose his title.
    That hasn't happened to me yet but I keep close track of rumored in-game roster members and who is on the roster in real life. Perfect example I've had a stable in the works for 2k18 but the world champion leader may not be in 2k18 after being released this year so I've had to backpedal a bit and change around who the stable leader will be.

As much as possible yes. Of course I do tweak and adjust things as neccesary or when needed

I always start fresh with the new game, but this year, I might decide to carry on champions. But I will make sure all storylines are done.

That hasn't happened to me yet but I keep close track of rumored in-game roster members and who is on the roster in real life. Perfect example I've had a stable in the works for 2k18 but the world champion leader may not be in 2k18 after being released this year so I've had to backpedal a bit and change around who the stable leader will be.
    well that's good,as long as you keep up with your universe story you shouldn't have any problems. I got a feeling Paige won't be in the next game so If I wanna do something with her, I better start my universe mode soon.

But why wouldn't someone play one more day...and make that wrestler lose his title and the carry on from there? Or even plan ahead considering the roster is known in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by John Christopher View Post
    But why wouldn't someone play one more day...and make that wrestler lose his title and the carry on from there? Or even plan ahead considering the roster is known in advance.
    This is what I typically do as I get hyped during roster reveal to begin planning. I've had to make some wrestlers lose titles and put the breaks on potential pushes (Austin Aries..) due to unexpected releases or not being in the next game. I could always use CAWs but it never feels the same without the ingame model to be honest.

This is what I typically do as I get hyped during roster reveal to begin planning. I've had to make some wrestlers lose titles and put the breaks on potential pushes (Austin Aries..) due to unexpected releases or not being in the next game. I could always use CAWs but it never feels the same without the ingame model to be honest.
    damn right it doesn't feel the same even when you can't even use their entrance theme instead u gotta use some corny a** theme lol

damn right it doesn't feel the same even when you can't even use their entrance theme instead u gotta use some corny a** theme lol
    For entrance themes I export them from audacity with an arena reverb then load them from a usb drive before they enter. It's the best workaround I can think of for the time being.

For entrance themes I export them from audacity with an arena reverb then load them from a usb drive before they enter. It's the best workaround I can think of for the time being.
    I just play them on my computer with the wrestlers entrance.
    you talk about John 3:16 - AUSTIN 3:16 SAYS I JUST WHIPPED YOUR ASS!

You must be on X-Box or PC then, lucky you lol. I wish I can do that on my PS4 to get music and put it on there for the entrance theme

You must be on X-Box or PC then, lucky you lol. I wish I can do that on my PS4 to get music and put it on there for the entrance theme
    Actually I am on PS4. On a USB drive have a folder titled "Music" with mp3 files and you can play them from the ps4 media player in the background while you play the game.

Actually I am on PS4. On a USB drive have a folder titled "Music" with mp3 files and you can play them from the ps4 media player in the background while you play the game.
    Nice I'll have to try that out sometime

no. I start over because that Universe mode would be almost half a year old.

I've got kind of a multiverse thing going, where some things continue through and some things don't. Kinda like DC's new 52/ rebirth comics.

For example, Tyson kidd has been a perennial upper midcarder to main eventer n my universe, including a major feud with triple H, ever since he was in the game. But Curt Hawkins at one point was in title contention a couple years ago, but this year is in basically the same position he is in real life, and I don't consider the title contention part of his history. Basically I pick and choose what I want to consider "canon" for my universe. That's another reason I don't generally post stuff from mine, it'd be really confusing

I absolutely suck at Universe modes; I have no creative detail for it. After a month or two i feel like I've stuffed up and I start again - Hopefully I get a knack for it eventually starting with 2k18.

I think I'd start a new one even if I had a good one going with 2k17 just due to many new superstars and so on.