Thread: Mafia 3 PS4 - Screen Tearing since patch 1.08

Mafia 3 PS4 - Screen Tearing since patch 1.08

Hi

Since patch 1.08 there is some insane screen tearing going on and I believe this is due to adaptive vsync?

I am not sure if this is a good move or if 2k is going to fix this - it was fine before the patch.

I have both versions xbox one and ps4 and xbox one version definitely has no screen tear.

Can anyone else confirm and this is just not me....I would prefer if they kept vysnc enabled since
    its capped at 30fps so I am not sure why the developers decided to go adaptive.....

Its fine most the time but there are times when you can really notice it during intense driving
    or shootouts.

At least give us players the option to unlock or cap it at 30fps hence enabling vsync....

Hi,

Can we get a response from 2k team about this please - the screen tearing is getting worse with some cutscenes
    and gameplay later on.

This was really a bad move to enable adaptive as before there were no screen tears.

Please revert back to old setting as clearly adaptive is not working and the screen tearing is really noticeable.

You can also try contacting 2K Support:

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Quote Originally Posted by Galactus123 View Post
    You can also try contacting 2K Support:

http://support.2k.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
    Yep - I have done so, thank you for providing the link, much appreciated.

Hopefully next patch they will fix it as the screen tearing is really noticeable and im further in the game.....

Still screen tearing after patch 1.09 sign of the times - the response I got from 2k support was that the latest patch should fix some ingame graphic issues including screen tear.

In fact its actually getting worse especially driving full speed with a fast car.

They really need to lock the framerate like the ps4 pro version - when mafia 3 was released framerate was locked and there
    was no screen tear......like seriously?

I hope the devs fix this as it totally ruins the experience.

Not happy.

I hope they fix this. It has been some time since I played the game but I have been planning to continue at some point. I need to finish the story. This doesn't sound good.

OMG! I haven't played this game for a while. I started it and there is massive screen tearing on my PS4 PRO. Picture is jumping like a rabbit. I don't know, if it is because always is raining when I start the game and that of course takes power from my PS4 PRO. But this game has become unplayable.

When I'm parking my car and visit Sam's Bar and come back - my car is about 10 cm under the ground. I went inside the car and come out of the car Lincoln is walking 10 cm above the ground.

This is really bad...

I hope they fix this soon. I also need to finnish the story.