Thread: Tournaments?

Tournaments?

Any tournaments getting organized here in the near future? Or is that not a thing anymore?

I doubt we'd ever get one off the ground anymore. they were fun back in the day. there are enough regular players I see online to do one, but they aren't coming here.

Fair enough.

This game is also nearly 10 years old, many of the players have moved on. Tournaments were regularly going on just a few years ago. It had an incredible run, but once XBOX360 & PS3 stopped supporting online play, it kind of died. Every time I go to a used video game store, I would check just to see if copies were available, even though I have one. There would almost never be any in stock, until the consuls stopped supporting online play, now this game can be found used. I think it can be played in multiplayer on Xbox1, but that still leaves anyone who doesn't have an xbox1 out in the cold.

Quote Originally Posted by sdu754 View Post
    This game is also nearly 10 years old, many of the players have moved on. Tournaments were regularly going on just a few years ago. It had an incredible run, but once XBOX360 & PS3 stopped supporting online play, it kind of died. Every time I go to a used video game store, I would check just to see if copies were available, even though I have one. There would almost never be any in stock, until the consuls stopped supporting online play, now this game can be found used. I think it can be played in multiplayer on Xbox1, but that still leaves anyone who doesn't have an xbox1 out in the cold.
    Quick correction: PlayStation stopped supporting online play. On Xbox 360 and One, online play is still available and very much a factor. There are new players popping up regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by REM018 View Post
    Quick correction: PlayStation stopped supporting online play. On Xbox 360 and One, online play is still available and very much a factor. There are new players popping up regularly.
    My mistake, I don't play on xbox, thanks for the correction.

I'm on Xbox but I think a tournament would be fun if we could still start one. A 4 person Round Robin, 2 winners play a best of 3 championship. Itd be quick and fun. I'll start a new thread tmrw about it. See if we can get alittle support.

I'll play. I could probably get Doja and Point to play as well.

I suck at this game but I still think we could set up an entertaining tourney. I think no Oxford would be fun. I also would like to do middle 10 civs only. I think every game is fun and you get a much bigger variety of strategy when you take out overpowered (USA, China, zulu,) and underpowered (french, Mongol, Russia).

i'll play a little 7 game series with you mike, if you'd like. seems like our schedules match up enough.

I played Mike last night H2H and without thinking I picked random. Well of course I got the Aztecs lol, and of course the computer spawned me next to Dehli, Karakorum, Tripoli, AOC, and SOC. DERP. Where did the computer spawn Mike with the Romans? On an island of course! I'm not good, but even I can win with a start like that. So I was thinking, if we play a tournament, I'll just take Aztecs and everybody else can take low tier. At least that way, maybe I can keep up.

You need the Aztecs? I'm the one that got my butt kicked lol. By the time I hammered out a galley, a warrior, then finally a settler for my 2nd city, you had 3 caps and 2 artifacts... I tried to get back in and make it competitive, but the turn I finally got my 100g, you GS indust... That was about when I threw in the towel.

Meh, the start I had didn't take the least bit of skill. I'm 100% sure that if we played a mid or low tier match against each other, you would keep up just fine and probably come out ahead. My game declines sharply if i don't have the power civ "crutch" to hold me up.