Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 70 of 70

Thread: Fans Must be scanned for 2k18

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    The Circus
    Posts
    189
    I choose to believe that Babbage is a genius, and put his super sarcasm hat on for this thread.

    I also choose to believe that people who imply that there isn't a problem with the appearance with the crowd are insane. Obviously the "scanning" thing is a joke. Right Babbage? It's you and me against the world Babbage, don't fail me now. But even in the in-game display pictures of what the different versions of crowds look like you have twins sitting 4 seats away from each other and that's all over the arena. The in game cheering isn't for the match, you're wrestling in the middle of family reunions popping up all over the damn place. It's emotional out-pour of personal reunions, not excitement over the match. Not only that but the way the crowd is animated, and the recycled animations just really takes you out of the game if you really focus on them.

    The crowd does need more attention in this game, even though I would also agree that there are other, more important things to focus on.

    Like getting Doink in the game.

    *Honk*
    You Laugh.
    I Laugh.
    Everybody Better Laugh. >:O(

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Babbage View Post
    The crowd in every game so far looked like barely 3d Toys that are stuck in the PS2 era. I think they should scan fans to give it a much more authentic feel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cappdog View Post
    Well, the audience can't be as detailed as the wrestlers for obvious reasons, but it wouldn't hurt to use scans of random people for NPCs, like Goldberg's cops and Godfather's hos. For the general audience, I bet just pictures would be enough :P
    I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet because I honestly didn't read every reply in this thread, but do you two realize that by scanning people to have their likeness used in the game, 2K would need to have contracts made with each and every person that they scan? They can't just scan random people or take actual photos of people and then use these images within the game without having some sort of contract in place. This isn't even remotely feasible.
    Your one stop shop for high quality, original
    RETRO WWE / WWF /WCW CAWS!!
    Follow me on Twitter! @DrGorillaNuts For live updates of my CAWS

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    421
    Id laugh if they'd add special Easter eggs in the crowd like Lesnar guy and angry Miz girl. Never happening though. Don't care how the crowds look in a game, they're not important.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Heel View Post
    Because they are 3 character models as opposed to the thousands of character models that make up the crowd, and they are scanned.

    Still, they look worse (way less detailed, though quite ok) than actual WWE in-ring performers in the game, amongst other reasons, because the WWE wants to promote mainly their in-ring talent, not the rest of the WWE staff.
    There are at least 10 models that repeat and are used as the crowd. Also, they always update the crowd resolution so it wouldn't be wasted resources I think you kind of over killed on voicing your opinion based on his opinion. About the only reason, I can think that making the crowd as good as the wrestlers is not such a good idea, is that it would cause some frame rate issues. Maybe scanning and lowering the res wouldn't be that much of a bad idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by WarlokkLLE View Post
    I'm not sure if it has been mentioned yet because I honestly didn't read every reply in this thread, but do you two realize that by scanning people to have their likeness used in the game, 2K would need to have contracts made with each and every person that they scan? They can't just scan random people or take actual photos of people and then use these images within the game without having some sort of contract in place. This isn't even remotely feasible.
    Models are used all the time for such work. Models get paid so that their likeness can be used all the time. The contract wouldn't be that much of a headache. Smart I don't know, but not feasible that's just going too far.

    Is everyone going ape on this thread because of the wording? I mean I thought he ment the " fans as in the crowd" not suggestion that they scan us fans.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    445
    Scanning fans lol... I agree they need to improve the crowd, AT LEAST let there be less duplicates. If there's the same face 4 times in a row, it definitely takes some atmosphere.
    ©2001-2017 | MenocidiX - Real Reality.

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by John Christopher View Post
    Models are used all the time for such work. Models get paid so that their likeness can be used all the time. The contract wouldn't be that much of a headache. Smart I don't know, but not feasible that's just going too far.

    Is everyone going ape on this thread because of the wording? I mean I thought he ment the " fans as in the crowd" not suggestion that they scan us fans.
    It's clear you aren't familiar with what goes into this if you think it's "not much of a headache". This is a product being sold. Models, actors, actresses, regular Joe Schmoes, etc will still require contracts due to the fact they will more than likely want royalties from their likenesses being used in a product that will sell millions of copies. To do this, there needs to be a contractual agreements written up for each individual that is scanned. They'll also be required to have each of these people scanned at Pixelgun Studios, which is not cheap and very time consuming. Not feasible is 100% what it would be, hence the reason they're going to simply animate the crowd and save themselves the incredible hassle of trying to scan dozens of real people simply to use for a background.

    No, nobody is thinking your second point. Everybody here knows what he's saying.
    Your one stop shop for high quality, original
    RETRO WWE / WWF /WCW CAWS!!
    Follow me on Twitter! @DrGorillaNuts For live updates of my CAWS

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,819
    I've been playing WWE games since Wrestlemania on the NES and I have NOT ONCE cared enough to look at the crowd. Scanning fans is not needed.

  8. #48
    No thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by SaturnT3 View Post
    Showcase doesn't open doors, it only closes them.
    Easy. Breezy. Beautiful. Gorgeous.
    Perfect 10

  9. #49
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,677
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlokkLLE View Post
    It's clear you aren't familiar with what goes into this if you think it's "not much of a headache".
    It really isn't.

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    2,819
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomato! View Post
    It really isn't.
    It is. Plus the resources it would take to duplicate fan scans throughout the whole arena would slow the engine down FAR FAR beyond the point of playability. Ever noticed how sometimes the game chugs in a six man ladder or Rumble match? Imagine that, but multiplied by 20,000

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,677
    nope, it isn't.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by KMA_Jackson View Post
    It is. Plus the resources it would take to duplicate fan scans throughout the whole arena would slow the engine down FAR FAR beyond the point of playability. Ever noticed how sometimes the game chugs in a six man ladder or Rumble match? Imagine that, but multiplied by 20,000
    Scanning fans is a rediculous idea, however I disagree you, I bet if the crowd looked somewhat realistic and sounded like the actual crowds that it would change the game, we're not wrestling in an empty arena, they are part of the realism, and we should have that atmosphere in game
    Last edited by propredator; 07-18-2017 at 10:56 AM.

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomato! View Post
    It really isn't.
    EA paying out $60 million in the NCAA lawsuit when they used college athletes likenesses without permission begs to differ. Or Rockstar being sued by Lindsay Lohan for her "likeness" allegedly being used for a loading screen. To scan real people would require contracts, similar to the movie industry having to provide every single person with a contract and payment when casting extras.

    So just stop.

    Quote Originally Posted by KMA_Jackson View Post
    It is. Plus the resources it would take to duplicate fan scans throughout the whole arena would slow the engine down FAR FAR beyond the point of playability. Ever noticed how sometimes the game chugs in a six man ladder or Rumble match? Imagine that, but multiplied by 20,000
    Exactly.
    Your one stop shop for high quality, original
    RETRO WWE / WWF /WCW CAWS!!
    Follow me on Twitter! @DrGorillaNuts For live updates of my CAWS

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    9,702
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomato! View Post
    nope, it isn't.
    The problem people are always going to have with statements like this is that they're worded as though they're trying to pass something off as fact rather than opinion, while also offering no experiences or proof to back it up. Saying something is or isn't the case is always going to be challenged when it doesn't show what leads you to that conclusion.
    UNION Wrestling Season 2 is live! (here)
    WWE 2K Wiki (here) 2K/YUKE'S Characters (here)!

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by propredator View Post
    Scanning fans is a rediculous idea, however I disagree you, I bet if the crowd looked somewhat realistic and sounded like the actual crowds that it would change the game, we're not wrestling in an empty arena, they are part of the realism, and we should have that atomsphere in game
    Now THIS I agree with you on. They need huge improvements made to the sound of the crowd, because essentially the sound of the crowd is far more important to the realism than the look of the crowd. The only thing 2K should improve when it comes to the look of the crowd is the behavior. Have the crowd turn to face Superstars coming down the ramp, have the crowd react more enthusiastically with the action. I don't care about the models of the crowd being animation, but I do care about how the crowd sounds and how the crowd reacts to our matches.

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLegSweep View Post
    The problem people are always going to have with statements like this is that they're worded as though they're trying to pass something off as fact rather than opinion, while also offering no experiences or proof to back it up. Saying something is or isn't the case is always going to be challenged when it doesn't show what leads you to that conclusion.
    Thank you! But both of us have been here long enough that we know which members here contribute worthwhile discussions and opinions.
    Last edited by WarlokkLLE; 07-18-2017 at 10:59 AM.
    Your one stop shop for high quality, original
    RETRO WWE / WWF /WCW CAWS!!
    Follow me on Twitter! @DrGorillaNuts For live updates of my CAWS

  16. #56
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    1,233
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlokkLLE View Post
    EA paying out $60 million in the NCAA lawsuit when they used college athletes likenesses without permission begs to differ. Or Rockstar being sued by Lindsay Lohan for her "likeness" allegedly being used for a loading screen. To scan real people would require contracts, similar to the movie industry having to provide every single person with a contract and payment when casting extras.

    So just stop.



    Exactly.
    Contracted models are under different contract rules. Famous sports or other celebrities have different universe set of rules because they have money.

  17. #57
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    U.S.A
    Posts
    305
    hopefully not just the talent but also how detailed they can get with creation suite , that has always been the main seller for me. Also a FYI the creation suite in wwe 12-14 is the best EVER (even compared to this sad excuse coming up)

  18. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by The Outlaw Ace Anderson View Post
    hopefully not just the talent but also how detailed they can get with creation suite , that has always been the main seller for me. Also a FYI the creation suite in wwe 12-14 is the best EVER (even compared to this sad excuse coming up)
    I guess that's subjective but, I think 2k17's creation suite is the best of any wwf/wwe game, so far.
    Instagram: @26reelsofterror

  19. #59
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by John Christopher View Post
    Contracted models are under different contract rules. Famous sports or other celebrities have different universe set of rules because they have money.
    All I can say to this is "NO".

    Quote Originally Posted by The Outlaw Ace Anderson View Post
    hopefully not just the talent but also how detailed they can get with creation suite , that has always been the main seller for me. Also a FYI the creation suite in wwe 12-14 is the best EVER (even compared to this sad excuse coming up)
    While the Create-A-Wrestler in WWE 12-14 had much more options when it came to body morphing and slightly more exaggerated face morphing, to say that the latest Creation Suite is a "sad excuse" is quite a stretch. Judging from the CAWS I saw online - I'm not trying to disrespect people - but quite a lot of the creators did NOT know how to utilize the tools 2K gave us in 2K17 Creation Suite. With what they gave us, we were able to create models that look nearly identical to in-game Superstars; and that's saying a lot considering the in-game Superstars were all scanned. WWE 12-14 had crafted models in their game, so creating Superstars that looked similar wasn't nearly as difficult as a task. In 2K17, with time and patience, you can recreate every single logo, every dimple, every freckle, every wrinkle. The tools were absolutely provided in the most recent game, and I think 2K would be wise to keep this latest Creation Suite and just expand on it. Particularly with body customization now.
    Your one stop shop for high quality, original
    RETRO WWE / WWF /WCW CAWS!!
    Follow me on Twitter! @DrGorillaNuts For live updates of my CAWS

  20. #60
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    535
    WWE 2K17's Create a Superstar was basically God-tier, for the most part. The THQ CAWs looked terrible in comparison to in game superstars. This is not the case with 2k17, IMO.

    As for fans, they could look a little better, but wasting resources in that area to make them look as good as superstars is a bit ludicrous.

  21. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexamandros View Post
    WWE 2K17's Create a Superstar was basically God-tier, for the most part. The THQ CAWs looked terrible in comparison to in game superstars. This is not the case with 2k17, IMO.

    As for fans, they could look a little better, but wasting resources in that area to make them look as good as superstars is a bit ludicrous.
    When they Fix the rubber skin issue than I'll agree. Hopefully the graphic leap makes them look like they Could be in wwe

  22. #62
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    3,677
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLegSweep View Post
    The problem people are always going to have with statements like this is that they're worded as though they're trying to pass something off as fact rather than opinion, while also offering no experiences or proof to back it up. Saying something is or isn't the case is always going to be challenged when it doesn't show what leads you to that conclusion.
    Thank you! But both of us have been here long enough that we know which members here contribute worthwhile discussions and opinions.
    All I can say to this is "NO"
    Oh, the irony.

    Contracted models are under different contract rules.
    This is correct.

  23. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomato! View Post
    Oh, the irony.
    It's not irony when it's been explained numerous times with actual examples and references, and we eventually just give up trying to explain it further seeing how the elaboration won't be acknowledged.
    Your one stop shop for high quality, original
    RETRO WWE / WWF /WCW CAWS!!
    Follow me on Twitter! @DrGorillaNuts For live updates of my CAWS

  24. #64
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlokkLLE View Post
    Now THIS I agree with you on. They need huge improvements made to the sound of the crowd, because essentially the sound of the crowd is far more important to the realism than the look of the crowd. The only thing 2K should improve when it comes to the look of the crowd is the behavior. Have the crowd turn to face Superstars coming down the ramp, have the crowd react more enthusiastically with the action. I don't care about the models of the crowd being animation, but I do care about how the crowd sounds and how the crowd reacts to our matches.
    These are really great ideas and everything would feel a lot more immersive! To add on, I feel like there should be some sort of a slider implemented, not everyone cheers for a face and vise versa. Also, having the crowd react louder to hometown heroes would awesome.

  25. #65
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Gloober View Post
    These are really great ideas and everything would feel a lot more immersive! To add on, I feel like there should be some sort of a slider implemented, not everyone cheers for a face and vise versa. Also, having the crowd react louder to hometown heroes would awesome.
    Agreed completely with the Heel/Face cheering change. I thought of that too before, and it's very important for 2K to make some changes to this format. Roman Reigns is a Face, yet gets booed beyond belief. Also there needs to be varying levels of the Boos and Cheers like you mentioned. If you ever play the game with Music off, you'll notice how absolutely dead the crowds sound during entrances. Your suggestion for Hometown Heroes is amazing too. When The Usos just had a live show in their home town recently, the crowd went insane for them.

    2K needs to address the sound and reaction of the crowd far before they even consider this scanning hassle.
    Your one stop shop for high quality, original
    RETRO WWE / WWF /WCW CAWS!!
    Follow me on Twitter! @DrGorillaNuts For live updates of my CAWS

  26. #66
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    112
    Can we please get Dana Brooke's face right before we start worrying about scanning fans? Shaking my head.

  27. #67
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1,118
    Quote Originally Posted by Stingfan76 View Post
    Can we please get Dana Brooke's face right before we start worrying about scanning fans? Shaking my head.
    Dana Brooke wasn't in 2K17, 2K just snuck in Sindel from Mortal Kombat.
    Never remove, only improve!

    #ShowcaseMatters

  28. #68
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Ministry4Life View Post
    Dana Brooke wasn't in 2K17, 2K just snuck in Sindel from Mortal Kombat.
    You are absolutely correct. Those surprise guest characters always throw me for a loop. Lol

  29. #69
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    7,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Ministry4Life View Post
    Dana Brooke wasn't in 2K17, 2K just snuck in Sindel from Mortal Kombat.
    I didn´t expect to read a comment like this, I almost spit my Coca Cola Zero right when I did it it

  30. #70
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,339


    No. They don't have to be scanned and I think the crowd is the least important thing. They shouldn't waste console's power to that. It would be away from wrestler's graphics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •