Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fans Must be scanned for 2k18

Fans Must be scanned for 2k18

The crowd in every game so far looked like barely 3d Toys that are stuck in the PS2 era. I think they should scan fans to give it a much more authentic feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbage View Post
    The crowd in every game so far looked like barely 3d Toys that are stuck in the PS2 era.
    No

I think they should scan fans to give it a much more authentic feel.
    No offense OP but this request/idea right here is one of the biggest stupidities I have seen in WWE games forums. And I have seen plenty.

The crowd in every game so far looked like barely 3d Toys that are stuck in the PS2 era. I think they should scan fans to give it a much more authentic feel.
    I agree. They look like paper Mario.I always found it sad how the system keep getting supposedly better yet the crowd still look like wwe first ever game.
    But.....I'm not from the PG era.

LOL I don't know if your serious

Quote Originally Posted by AFanOfWwe View Post
    I agree. They look like paper Mario.I always found it sad how the system keep getting supposedly better yet the crowd still look like wwe first ever game.
    a comedian i see
    pre order 2k18 and be the first to have the privilege of paying us to test our game

No, thanks. Please don´t focus on something that irrelevant. The Crowds are ok once the game works perfectly and the superstars really lool like their real life counter parts they can focus on something like the crowd. The only thing that has to be improved is the Crowd Audio not how they look.
    You talk too much

Quote Originally Posted by elric6 View Post
    a comedian i see
    I ain't playing. Nor am I laughing.
    But.....I'm not from the PG era.

Quote Originally Posted by AFanOfWwe View Post
    I ain't playing. Nor am I laughing.
    you sure made me laugh maybe its your calling in life
    pre order 2k18 and be the first to have the privilege of paying us to test our game

He's right, the fans look like ps2 compared to "the talent."

Jez I though i was the clueless one of the fourms

That isn't something that needs attention

Quote Originally Posted by Kilo in Norcal View Post
    He's right, the fans look like ps2 compared to "the talent."
    1_Go back and play PS2 WWE games before saying those kind of things because it´s really really hard to take you guys serious after reading that

2_Crowd will ALWAYS no matter what, ALWAYS look worse than playable character model. ALWAYS, I repeat. Why? Short answer: Resources are developed and implemented on what the WWE wants to promote in WWE the games: the WWE talent, not a bunch of no-names who are just there for aestethics. For a "equality" of sorts in crowd and talent, we would need worse graphics and worse looking models so more resources are invested into developing and playing the crowd on screen on an equal level of quality as WWE wrestlers, and that won´t happen because, plain and simple, it´s stupid and more important (and thanks God for it) the WWE doesn´t want such an stupidity (having a game with worse graphics and less resources invested in character models for the sake of "equality" with crowd graphics) to happen.

Do fans look worse than the superstars in real life? No they are te same quality. These WWE games have been trying to be a simple realistic and authentic as possible yet they don't have the fans as the same quality of the superstars. It's bs if you ask me. That is why they should be equal

Do fans look worse than the superstars in real life? No they are te same quality. These WWE games have been trying to be a simple realistic and authentic as possible yet they don't have the fans as the same quality of the superstars. It's bs if you ask me. That is why they should be equal
    I am not asking you, as much as you seem to like asking yourself considering who are you quoting, answering and asking questions in that message.

And no, they shouldn´t be equal for reasonably explained arguments. Whether reason and logic resonate with you or not it´s not my bussiness.

You claim it's bs that fans aren't same quality as the superstars themselves, but by saying that you're saying what every modern sports game is doing is bs. I don't know a single modern sports game where the fans are same quality as the athletes. The higher the quality of the crowd, the more resources required by the console to run it, and it might become a bottleneck.
    Gamertag: LiozH92
    If you have an XBOX One, add me as a friend and we'll play WWE 2K17 together

Quote Originally Posted by LiozH View Post
    You claim it's bs that fans aren't same quality as the superstars themselves, but by saying that you're saying what every modern sports game is doing is bs. I don't know a single modern sports game where the fans are same quality as the athletes. The higher the quality of the crowd, the more resources required by the console to run it, and it might become a bottleneck.
    Exactly. Another reason for it not happening on any game of any kind and another argument people seem to either disregard or simply not know about. Likely the later considering the kind of "ideas" and "request" I see in this forum.

Well, the audience can't be as detailed as the wrestlers for obvious reasons, but it wouldn't hurt to use scans of random people for NPCs, like Goldberg's cops and Godfather's hos. For the general audience, I bet just pictures would be enough :P

Quote Originally Posted by Top Heel View Post
    Exactly. Another reason for it not happening on any game of any kind and another argument people seem to either disregard or simply not know about. Likely the later considering the kind of "ideas" and "request" I see in this forum.

I agree with all of this. It would take way too many resources for fans to look as good as the superstars, and the overall quality would suffer because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cappdog View Post
    Well, the audience can't be as detailed as the wrestlers for obvious reasons, but it wouldn't hurt to use scans of random people for NPCs, like Goldberg's cops and Godfather's hos. For the general audience, I bet just pictures would be enough :P
    In a comercial product, and on top of that, scans including minors (kids) for the crowd. You are entering a very shady ground of regulations, restrictions and licensing issues there, and regardless, developing scanned character models for entrance props that would take away resources from the game´s development and also could potentially hinder the game performance as compared to just using generic NPCs with less textures and less resources consumed from the system would hurt the game.

The commentators don't look drastically worse like the fans at least.

In a comercial product, and on top of that, scans including minors (kids) for the crowd. You are entering a very shady ground of regulations, restrictions and licensing issues there, and regardless, developing scanned character models for entrance props that would take away resources from the game´s development and also could potentially hinder the game performance as compared to just using generic NPCs with less textures and less resources consumed from the system would hurt the game.
    That's understandable, but what about the ref, commentary teams, and ring announcers? its not the same case and can look just like the superstars right?

The commentators don't look drastically worse like the fans at least.
    Because they are 3 character models as opposed to the thousands of character models that make up the crowd, and they are scanned.

Still they look worse (way less detailed, though quite ok) than actual WWE in-ring performers in the game, amongst other reasons, because the WWE wants to promote mainly their in-ring talent, not the rest of the WWE staff.

personally i think they could do much better with the fans and not take too many resources away from the other parts, it is just modeling and they dont need to scan like they do for the wrestlers, they dont scan the legends that are dead do they,

now the whole scan them like the wrestlers thing, yea thats dumb because thats taking away time from doing the wrestlers which many of them still need work
    2KDEVS ALL THIS 1.03 PATCH DO WAS MAKE A BIGGER MESS OF AN ALREADY MESSED UP GAME, FIX IT

Quote Originally Posted by propredator View Post
    That's understandable, but what about the ref, commentary teams, and ring announcers? its not the same case and can look just like the superstars right?
    You know people have been requested a 8 player matches for the longest, right?

Just wait for 2K Dev's to explain in the Spotlight Series.
    It's, um, Double!

If they scan fans then they need to pay and create contracts for those fans. Guess what? Not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by GMP View Post
    If they scan fans then they need to pay and create contracts for those fans. Guess what? Not worth it.
    They would just scan the team and not random people.
    It's, um, Double!

Quote Originally Posted by Double-H215 View Post
    They would just scan the team and not random people.
    this would be a great in-between as far as getting people

has anyone stopped and counted how many fans there are, not including doubles?
    2KDEVS ALL THIS 1.03 PATCH DO WAS MAKE A BIGGER MESS OF AN ALREADY MESSED UP GAME, FIX IT

Quote Originally Posted by queenie.paula View Post
    this would be a great in-between as far as getting people

has anyone stopped and counted how many fans there are, not including doubles?
    I would say no, because I'm not sure why people would actually care about the crowd, that I believe is mostly blurry during gameplay.
    It's, um, Double!

Lol at the people jumping at this dude cause he had a idea weather you like it or not doesn't make what you saying anymore right. Just disagree don't try to bring it down like it's dum or shouldn't be thought of. I think it's a pretty good idea I get what you mean and even if it was a few people looking more upgraded would be a nice touch.

Considering how slow six-man matches are in 2K17. Considering that we will have eight-man matches in 2K18. I am willing to have cardboard cutouts in the audience if it means the in-ring action plays better.

Fixing the fans when the gameplay is sluggish would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

I'm not saying a better crowd isn't needed. I'm saying there are other priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by swl1986 View Post
    Considering how slow six-man matches are in 2K17. Considering that we will have eight-man matches in 2K18. I am willing to have cardboard cutouts in the audience if it means the in-ring action plays better.

Fixing the fans when the gameplay is sluggish would be like putting lipstick on a pig.

I'm not saying a better crowd isn't needed. I'm saying there are other priorities.
    yes 2k17 lags and all, but 2k18 might not if they have redone the engine and such like many of us hope, 8 man matches might not slow it down at all

60 FPS > upgraded crowd models
    The WCW Guy

Resources. I mean that's what it comes down too. We just got the 4 v 4 back and we have no idea what that's going to do to the frame rate right now. As we've not seen it yet. The crowd while more important than any other sports are still really background dressing. The audio for the crowd is much more important than their video aspect.

I don't think they need to at all. I think they look fine right now. The fans should be the least focus.
    WWE Supercard name: TyZulaFan

To be honest I've never had a problem with the way the crowd look. Sure they could look better, but it's the still the best crowd I've ever seen in a wwe game. And considering the fact that there's a new graphics engine, who knows how great the crowd could look now.
    Your IWGP Champion is currently on vacation

To be fair, this is NBA 2K17 Crowd:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YGd_WZF1XtU/maxresdefault.jpg

and WWE 2K17 Crowd:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cr-1X9GW8AAd5SZ.jpg

Bit of a difference.

No

No offense OP but this request/idea right here is one of the biggest stupidities I have seen in WWE games forums. And I have seen plenty.
    I 100% agree. This is a stupid idea/request.

No need for this when they improve the sound.

I don't see the need for arguing in here, when in all honesty the fans will probably be scanned anyway this year (or at least people working on the game). I'm pretty sure 2K announced they're improving the crowd with new animations and audio this year, so with a new graphics engine in place I'm sure they'll work on the visuals too.
    Follow My WWE 2K17 Creations on PSN: TyrantCreations & Tyrant185

No

This right here.
    Strength is not will,but a phenomenon caused by physical objects: Madara Uchiha

Quote Originally Posted by RatedXAussie View Post
    To be fair, this is NBA 2K17 Crowd:

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YGd_WZF1XtU/maxresdefault.jpg

and WWE 2K17 Crowd:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Cr-1X9GW8AAd5SZ.jpg

Bit of a difference.
    True, but do you really have to scan fans to achieve that?
    The Right Hand of Destruction slays the Beast.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast