i found it beyond difficult to believe, that someone has made a installer, that uses a windows API with all the history of EXPECTATIONS, of windows users, and by memory, in all other civ games, at least for windows...

the expectation, of being able to specify an installation location, or reasonable understanding of the need for at least the installation to go to the same drive as the civ IV installation!

but no!

ive civ IV installed on one drive, and it installed on a blank 64bit drive i wasnt even using...

its never been installed on that drive, either, i think...

maybe...

might there be a 1st-time created registry key or something, that's not been changed from SUBSEQUENT installations?

aaagh! shouldnt have to go through technical windows stuff like this... dev-team should've just followed their common sense / instinct when thinking for a second ... mhmmm, maybe this will cause problems...

help!! ... need to use a command line specification or something, for a customized location.
or a specification of WHERE to find, civ IV , so it doesn't choose some random location.

it is finding civ IV, but then not installing on the same drive, and NOT telling me any error messages, etc... just going ahead with a automatically chosen location, with no consultation, or warning, about the mis-matched drive-choice!!

unbeleiveable!

who programmed the installer!
they deserve a over-the-head-wedgie!!