Thread: Starting

Starting

CIV VI has stopped working. After creating a new game, the game starts loading, then goes to a new screen titled "start game" then it defaults back to the intro screen. What goes?
    I recently downloaded the patch and the Nubian Civ. That is when trouble started.

Quote Originally Posted by sulli534 View Post
    CIV VI has stopped working. After creating a new game, the game starts loading, then goes to a new screen titled "start game" then it defaults back to the intro screen. What goes?
    I recently downloaded the patch and the Nubian Civ. That is when trouble started.
    You may want to try validating your files through Steam.

Alternatively, you could try uninstalling Civ VI, rebooting your computer, and then reinstalling it again.

That's a sure sign of incompatible mods.
    You have at least one mod that's incompatible with the new patch and/or content.
    So to solve this is to disable mods and try one-by-one which is the cause of this. Keep in mind that when using multiple mods several can cause this.
    “If you are involved in a game, everything ends up being a set of trade-offs. Anything in a game is a sacrifice of things not in the game.” --Gabe Newell

Playing Firaxis games and helping out in the Official 2K Forums!
    My Blog: donald23.nl
    Steam profile: donald23

Many mods were broken by the patch. Mod-makers are working on fixing as soon as they figure out what about the patch broke their mod.

DLC appear not to be loading in the same order wrt to mods as they did before the patch, and in the case of loading a saved game are not loading in the same order as when the game was first started.

The "Start Game" screen that pops up is not new. It has existed since the release of the game and is a sign of an invalid reference. Generally this means a mod is (a) making use of an asset from one of the DLC but the DLC has not loaded yet by the time the mod's code is loaded, or (b) just plain non-functional.

Uninstalling and re-installing the game really won't be of much value. Nor will verifying integrity of files via steam since as Donald mentioned this is almost certainly related to an issue with a mod.

also, post # 4 in this thread https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...brakes-my-game may help show you how to cut down on the effort needed to figure out which mod(s) are causing issues

That did not work. I uninstalled , restarted the computer , then reinstalled the game. The "start game", according to below is the sign of an invalid reference. I'll have to wait until a fix is available.

That did not work. I uninstalled , restarted the computer , then reinstalled the game. The "start game", according to below is the sign of an invalid reference. I'll have to wait until a fix is available.
    Or disable the mod. So that you can play until either the mod that's causing this is fixed or replaced by an alternative.
    “If you are involved in a game, everything ends up being a set of trade-offs. Anything in a game is a sacrifice of things not in the game.” --Gabe Newell

Playing Firaxis games and helping out in the Official 2K Forums!
    My Blog: donald23.nl
    Steam profile: donald23