Thread: Glitches from leftovers....

Glitches from leftovers....

Starting to wonder now if telephones played a larger role in the game. Nearly done my 5th play-through and I've found two game breakers.

#1 - The mission where you have to sneak into the car garage where all the money printing is going on - sorry, can't remember the title of the mission. You have to sneak in, but as soon as you open the door to the main garage area, an alarm goes off and you have to chase the dude.

Anyway, when you're in the back room with the printing press, there's a telephone on a desk. As I walk passed it, a prompt for an action ("talk") flashed on my screen. I figured this might have been a prompt for another way to complete the mission. So, I walked over to the phone, hit the action button and Lincoln picked up the phone!

And then did nothing after that. I had to Abort the mission as I could no longer interact with the game. He wouldn't put the phone down, I couldn't move - nothing.

AND, what is with all the handset radios during the "Stones Unturned" missions? There are handset radios all over the place and above them hovers a big circle with a line through it. Was it originally planned to have us able to communicate with these radios? But if we can't, why have the prompt above them anyway? Confusing to say the least.

#2 - The mission in Southdowns when Alcee takes you cage fighting. TWO TIMES I walked through the basement doors and Alcee got stuck on the other side. He's the only person who can trigger the inside doors into the arena, so you get trapped in the room. However, at least on this one, if you LOAD CHECKPOINT, he'll spawn inside the room and you can continue one.

Another thing I noticed was during rebuilding Sammy's bar, a few times you'll walk up to Aunt Lil, and instead of saying "Talk", the action prompt will be " AB TEXT " .

I think that was it. I noticed they put the restaurant in the NE corner of Tickfaw Harbor BACK inside. LOL. I do miss the outdoor restaurant though!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy73 View Post
    Starting to wonder now if telephones played a larger role in the game. Nearly done my 5th play-through and I've found two game breakers.

#1 - The mission where you have to sneak into the car garage where all the money printing is going on - sorry, can't remember the title of the mission. You have to sneak in, but as soon as you open the door to the main garage area, an alarm goes off and you have to chase the dude.

Anyway, when you're in the back room with the printing press, there's a telephone on a desk. As I walk passed it, a prompt for an action ("talk") flashed on my screen. I figured this might have been a prompt for another way to complete the mission. So, I walked over to the phone, hit the action button and Lincoln picked up the phone!

And then did nothing after that. I had to Abort the mission as I could no longer interact with the game. He wouldn't put the phone down, I couldn't move - nothing.

AND, what is with all the handset radios during the "Stones Unturned" missions? There are handset radios all over the place and above them hovers a big circle with a line through it. Was it originally planned to have us able to communicate with these radios? But if we can't, why have the prompt above them anyway? Confusing to say the least.

#2 - The mission in Southdowns when Alcee takes you cage fighting. TWO TIMES I walked through the basement doors and Alcee got stuck on the other side. He's the only person who can trigger the inside doors into the arena, so you get trapped in the room. However, at least on this one, if you LOAD CHECKPOINT, he'll spawn inside the room and you can continue one.

Another thing I noticed was during rebuilding Sammy's bar, a few times you'll walk up to Aunt Lil, and instead of saying "Talk", the action prompt will be " AB TEXT " .

I think that was it. I noticed they put the restaurant in the NE corner of Tickfaw Harbor BACK inside. LOL. I do miss the outdoor restaurant though!
    The telephone in the garage is just a bug, possibly a remnant of a mission that was cut, hard to say.

The handset radios are the markers used in the sniper service, you must have turned off your tutorials because this should have been explained to you. They're located under the equipment section, along with the explosives.

The mission when Alcee gets stuck was patched a few updates ago, maybe you didn't get it. You might try running a repair on the game files or maybe even reinstall the game.