Thread: Alexa Bliss confirms real life heat with Sasha Banks.

Alexa Bliss confirms real life heat with Sasha Banks.

A bit of background for those who are unaware of it, current RAW Womens Champion Alexa Bliss and former RAW Womens Champion Sasha Banks don't seem to be precisely good friends.

Things seem to steem from the fact that, while down at NXT, Sasha Banks busted open Alexa Bliss twice, including once of them breaking her nose, and was overall stiff to her in their matches. I do remember reports on Sasha Banks getting heat with management for being unnecesarily stiff with her opponents, but said reports at the time didn't specifically mention Alexa Bliss.

Time went on, Sasha Banks got pushed as a pilar of the NXT womens division and later on got called up while Alexa Bliss took on a management role (Heel turn included) for Blake & Murphy that kept her away from the ring most of the time. By the time Alexa got back to full NXT in-ring performer, Bayley was the only one of the 4 Horsewomen left on NXT. Eventually Alexa got called up to SmackDown while Sasha Banks was kept as part of the RAW roster after the Brand Split, so they didn't saw each other...until Survivor Series

If you guys remember, Survivor Series saw both brands assaulting each other in weekly TV programming, including the womens division of each brand. That saw Alexa Bliss and Sasha Banks together in a ring for the first time in years and this happened:

https://twitter.com/RIDEBLOODSNGUTS/...95712289701889

You can see how Sasha shooted Alexa in the face while she was climbing the ring. Of course, 5-feet of fury didn't hold back and both started shooting each other while the other women were just working until they got separated by Nia Jax nonetheless (Alexa's best friend).

Across the years both of them don't follow each other on Twitter (which is weird) and have avoided mentioning each other in most interviews and such, with the exception being Sasha sometimes throwing shade at Alexa Bliss. In fact it should be noted that the heat seems pretty much one sided, Sasha -> Alexa, as Banks has always been the one who either started shooting at her (see post-shake up segments with both of them) or talking bad out of character about Alexa (see her out of character comments about Alexa down at NXT)**, with reports also of Sasha blocking fans on twitter for talking good about Alexa and acting unpleasant with guys who were fans of Bliss in real life meetings at events (of course, "fan's reports", take them with a grain of salt).

**https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpluisEUJMg It should be noted that those comments in the vid refer to a time where Alexa was a Face down at NXT while Sasha was a Heel.

There are discussions across other communities about whether the heat is real or not. Thing is, finally, yesterday's declarations of Alexa Bliss out of character confirms their heat is real:

__________________________________________________ ____

https://www.sportskeeda.com/wwe/wwe-...-their-matches

Alexa Bliss admitted that while Sasha Banks did not like Alexa Bliss, they could keep things professional in the ring, when they came to blows:

I’ve always been the person to say ‘business is business, personal is personal.’ I will never let my personal feelings about somebody get in the way of business. I want to have a productive match, I want to have a safe match, I want to have a great match; I want to take this company to the next level with our women with this women’s revolution. I’ve seen the things she said about me. If that’s how she feels, that’s fine. But we know that we put it to the side and have a productive, professional match because that’s what it’s all about."

Bliss ended by saying that they had a job to do, and it was their job to go out to the ring and go it well. Wow, the hatred is mutual.

And another link echoing Alexa's statement:

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...s-heat-wwe-raw

"I've always been the person to say 'business is business, personal is personal.' I will never let my personal feelings about somebody get in the way of business. I want to have a productive match, I want to have a safe match, I want to have a great match; I want to take this company to the next level with our women with this women's revolution. I've seen the things she said about me. If that's how she feels, that's fine. But we know that we put it to the side and have a productive, professional match because that's what it's all about. I'm trusting her with my body, she's trusting me with hers, and I will never ever... I never want to have somebody's injury or somebody's misstep or something happen on my watch. So I know that no matter what I'm always going to be in professional mode. It doesn't matter how we feel about each other, the point is we have a job to do and we have to go and we have to do it well."

She would later go on to say that if there’s a way to inject life into the program, even if it’s using real life issues, she’ll do it. It’s most definitely led to better television for fans.

Just wanted to post it here and read your opinions about it.

My take on it is Sasha is jelaous. Her twitter reactions to Alexa winning championships making fun of it and her focusing on Lexi Kaufman's personality (as percieved by her) and whether she was cute, or she was handed everything by her looks or whatever as opposed to in-character Alexa Bliss personality and accomplishments, coupled with ocassionaly acting unprofessional to her with shooting and such and talking bs breaking kayfabe because, as much as Sasha forgets about it, she is Face and Alexa is Heel and the blond one is the one who should be talking bs and trying to bury her down and no the other way makes me thing she is just jealous and has been for quite a while. Maybe Alexa's physical look or polite backstage attitude brings Sasha bad memories of the popular girls of her high school or whatever.

Sasha is a 3 time champion and really the face of the division, why's she jealous of Bliss?

People makes no sense.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    Sasha is a 3 time champion and really the face of the division, why's she jealous of Bliss?

People makes no sense.
    Alexa is a 3 time champion (2 SmackDown 1 RAW), first ever woman getting both championships and his current and so far only RAW Championship has already lasted more than 3 Sasha's championship runs combined, she was "drafted" (shake up, whatever) to RAW in exchange for Charlotte nonetheless and right as she got on RAW she became nº 1 Contender in her first RAW match and won the RAW Women's Championship at the first try in her first PPV while Sasha faded to obscurity in undercard feuds with no relevance, got mixed in the Cruserweight Division drama even jobbing to Alicia Fox and only recently got back to the spotlight for a feud with Alexa Bliss.

I wouldn't call Sasha the face of the division. Prior the Shake Up Charlotte and Bayley were the faces of the division, after the Shake Up Alexa has become the face of the division with Nia in 2nd placement and Bayley in the third. That said the personal issues between Sasha and Alexa Bliss seem to date from years before this events took place.

Sasha has consistently rubbed me the wrong way in everything she's done, so I'm not exactly one to be speaking on the matter, but I think it's a matter of entitlement. Sasha was one of the first real NXT "projects" and was consistently utilized on NXT television and I feel that's made Sasha regard herself as far more than her actual worth.
    Then you have little miss Bliss who came into the performance center with no prior wrestling experience (to my knowledge) who had a very quick ascent before disappearing, and upon being brought back as a heel became a real highlight of NXT.
    In short, Sasha worked hard and thinks herself better than Alexa (who is basically a better version of Banks) while simultaneously thinking herself better than she is.
    Your friendly neighborhood Sparkle-Man.
    http://forumofsolitude.proboards.com/

Like Rock vs Cena... This may make a very interesting matchup one day. If management allow them to shoot a little.

I think it's partly a work to be honest. What better way to capitalize on adding heat to a long time rivalry than just by stoking the fire about something that actually happened, but might not even be a big deal. If anything I'd say Sasha is jealous because they've really caught lightning in a bottle with Bliss, and put her kind of on the back burner.

I don't really have much to add past that. PinkSparklePuff pretty much sums up how I feel about it.
    Last edited by Unearth; 1 Week Ago at 05:53 PM.

Good. Hope she stiffs df out of Bliss and ruins her face. Then we'll see how many of her fanboys are gonna run away.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkSparklePuff View Post
    Sasha has consistently rubbed me the wrong way in everything she's done, so I'm not exactly one to be speaking on the matter, but I think it's a matter of entitlement. Sasha was one of the first real NXT "projects" and was consistently utilized on NXT television and I feel that's made Sasha regard herself as far more than her actual worth.
    Then you have little miss Bliss who came into the performance center with no prior wrestling experience (to my knowledge) who had a very quick ascent before disappearing, and upon being brought back as a heel became a real highlight of NXT.
    In short, Sasha worked hard and thinks herself better than Alexa (who is basically a better version of Banks) while simultaneously thinking herself better than she is.
    I dont quite see it that way , Sasha was seeming asked time and time again to do the honours for Charlotte in their fued. so much so that you would think once Charlotte was traded, she would get a legit shot and being the top lady in the division. But she was seemingly leapfrogged by Bliss whould give her course to be a little disgruntled. But I do agree Bliss makes a better candidate to be top lady she is attractive, devious and despite her athletic ability does a very good good of wrestling in character something not enough heels have done in recent times. Alexa is just more marketable right now Sasha might wanna look at that being champ is more than just being good in the ring or having a boss character
    Last edited by supinesmokey13; 1 Week Ago at 03:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bite View Post
    Good. Hope she stiffs df out of Bliss and ruins her face. Then we'll see how many of her fanboys are gonna run away.
    I feel jealousness. Sasha? Is that you?

Do you know who is gonna run away if that happens?

Sasha's fans!

They are gonna run away from WWE programmation and start tunning for GFW Impact!

My opinion, Alexa is better than Sasha and not just because I'm biased on looks
    But I prefer Alexa much more, she tells a much better story in the ring I feel. For some reason I never liked Sasha, felt she lived the gimmick of being 'The boss' a bit too much. How unprofessional is it for Sasha to be stiffing alexa every chance she gets and then she goes on a hypocritical note saying business is business. Guess I just hate her that much more now.

Great read TopHeel, thanks for the indepth research on this backstage news.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanTitan View Post
    My opinion, Alexa is better than Sasha and not just because I'm biased on looks
    But I prefer Alexa much more, she tells a much better story in the ring I feel. For some reason I never liked Sasha, felt she lived the gimmick of being 'The boss' a bit too much. How unprofessional is it for Sasha to be stiffing alexa every chance she gets and then she goes on a hypocritical note saying business is business. Guess I just hate her that much more now.

Great read TopHeel, thanks for the indepth research on this backstage news.
    I'm on the other side of things where Sasha is actually one of my favorite women in wwe right now, especially with Paige missing. Greatest thing Bliss does for me is the occasional time she disjoints her arm to fake a injury. She's a solid wrestler I guess and I certainly don't have any bias hate towards her her like I do the Bayley gimmick, but Bliss seems like somebody that's just there.

It sucks if Sasha is a you know what in real life. But as I said before real life issues don't mean much to me. If Paige ever does get back on WWE TV, I will be very, very quick to just completely forget about all the real life drama she's been having. I guess you could say I care about the TV persona, not so much the actual person. But maybe that's just me.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Quote Originally Posted by supinesmokey13 View Post
    I dont quite see it that way , Sasha was seeming asked time and time again to do the honours for Charlotte in their fued. so much so that you would think once Charlotte was traded, she would get a legit shot and being the top lady in the division. But she was seemingly leapfrogged by Bliss whould give her course to be a little disgruntled. But I do agree Bliss makes a better candidate to be top lady she is attractive, devious and despite her athletic ability does a very good good of wrestling in character something not enough heels have done in recent times. Alexa is just more marketable right now Sasha might wanna look at that being champ is more than just being good in the ring or having a boss character
    Well, Sasha and Charlotte traded the title back and forth on a near monthly basis. Between the two of them, Charlotte has always been the vastly superior worker and Sasha was the more marketable character at the time. While I would like to believe hard work pays off, I also don't feel Sasha worked hard enough to slip into Charlotte's spot immediately after the draft thing. To me, she's a lot like Batista. They broke out, and coasted off that former success. (Batista's entire career was basically built on him turning against Evolution and defeating Triple H at 'Mania.) They're not done with Sasha yet (really, how many times has she been number one contender in the past two years?) she has plenty of time to do more and get back into the top spot, but not if she coasts on her success in NXT.

Granted I'm barely able to keep up with the WWE nowadays, but I don't think Alexa's fans are entirely due to her looks. (Personally I can't say that I've ever found her particularly beguiling.)
    She just plays a really good, vicious heel, she completely owns her character. Sasha's character tends to flip flop between "I'M THE BOSS, AND I'M, so happy and grateful to be getting all the opportunities that women were denied for thirty centuries and I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR NECK AND TAKE THE TITLE TO BOSTON and celebrate with my cousin(?) Snoop Dog who has supported me throughout my entire career because I love my family." She's just too inconsistent for anybody that doesn't arbitrarily decide to love her to latch on to. The audience knows exactly who Alexa Bliss is, Sasha Banks is still trying to found out what story she wants to tell.

Also I'm going to put a disclaimer here and say I don't expect to change your mind, nor do I expect you to rationally analyze my post, I'm just pointing this stuff out for the benefit of those reading along.

Well, Sasha and Charlotte traded the title back and forth on a near monthly basis. Between the two of them, Charlotte has always been the vastly superior worker and Sasha was the more marketable character at the time. While I would like to believe hard work pays off, I also don't feel Sasha worked hard enough to slip into Charlotte's spot immediately after the draft thing. To me, she's a lot like Batista. They broke out, and coasted off that former success. (Batista's entire career was basically built on him turning against Evolution and defeating Triple H at 'Mania.) They're not done with Sasha yet (really, how many times has she been number one contender in the past two years?) she has plenty of time to do more and get back into the top spot, but not if she coasts on her success in NXT.

Granted I'm barely able to keep up with the WWE nowadays, but I don't think Alexa's fans are entirely due to her looks. (Personally I can't say that I've ever found her particularly beguiling.)
    She just plays a really good, vicious heel, she completely owns her character. Sasha's character tends to flip flop between "I'M THE BOSS, AND I'M, so happy and grateful to be getting all the opportunities that women were denied for thirty centuries and I'M GONNA BREAK YOUR NECK AND TAKE THE TITLE TO BOSTON and celebrate with my cousin(?) Snoop Dog who has supported me throughout my entire career because I love my family." She's just too inconsistent for anybody that doesn't arbitrarily decide to love her to latch on to. The audience knows exactly who Alexa Bliss is, Sasha Banks is still trying to found out what story she wants to tell.

Also I'm going to put a disclaimer here and say I don't expect to change your mind, nor do I expect you to rationally analyze my post, I'm just pointing this stuff out for the benefit of those reading along.
    Main issue I see is that Sasha's character is meant to be heel but WWE are trying to push her as a face. Kinda like Roman Reigns where you could tell though his actions and promo's that he'd be such a badass heel, but WWE insists on making us believe he's the next John Cena super face. I believe if WWE would just make up their minds and decide to go ahead with a Sasha heel turn, that it'd benefit Sasha greatly.

Smackdown generally seems to make good calls in regards to finding what works for talent. If there is a post Summer Slam shakeup like there was rumored, then it could be a good call to move Sasha over to SD and let her tear it up with a heel run. Between Nikki Bella, Naomi, Charlotte and Becky Lynch, SD also has a lot more big name faces a heel Sasha could face. Whereas on RAW a heel Sasha would only have Bayley then a bunch of jobbers. So on RAW Sasha is kinda forced to be face out of necessity.

Edit: Plus personally I'd like to see Sasha have a title run that lasts longer then 2 weeks. IF SDL can have Jinder as champion for 3 or 4 months, then anything is possible. xd

Look at any YouTube video featuring Bliss. And look at that comment section. If she wasn't attractive she would just Be considered a good talker which is subpar in the ring

Look at any YouTube video featuring Bliss. And look at that comment section. If she wasn't attractive she would just Be considered a good talker which is subpar in the ring
    I've already discussed that, but in fairness, that's all AJ Lee and Paige were as well. They just didn't have the character that Bliss does.

I've already discussed that, but in fairness, that's all AJ Lee and Paige were as well. They just didn't have the character that Bliss does.
    Yes all are females that people find attractive with good mic skills. Absolutely made people overrate their in-ring work. Especially Paige

I knew something happened in NXT which made them have disdain for one another but I didn't know the full story.

If you go back and watch the Raw Talk after GBOF, Sasha explained why she didn't like her and I believe her story was 100% unscripted. She said Alexa Bliss came in acting like she loved wrestling growing up when she really didn't. That rubbed Sasha the wrong way because she was a person who really grew up watching wrestling and she felt that Alexa didn't have to lie when coming in.

I honestly believe that is the story on why Sasha doesn't like Alexa. Despite Alexa Bliss having a nice demeanor off camera, some people have a tough time trusting you after you lie to them.

Nevertheless, I do feel that it is time for both of them to move on past this situation. They are both successful superstars and there isn't a need to be upset with one another especially because of a situation as petty as this one.
    "Be so good, they can't ignore you!" ~ S.B.
    "Age ain't nothin but a number😉#ThankU #SnukaBloodline" ~ Tamina Snuka to ME!!!!!

then, she will either be fired or suspended. or suspended then fired, Punk style.
    you talk about John 3:16 - AUSTIN 3:16 SAYS I JUST WHIPPED YOUR ASS!

So your only arguement revolves around what a bunch of muppets on YouTube first think about when they hear the name "Alexa Bliss".