Results 1 to 28 of 28

Thread: Most Reversed Finisher in WWE history?

  1. #1

    Most Reversed Finisher in WWE history?

    I think the codebreaker is the most reversed move in WWE history. Seriously it gets reversed at least once or twice per match and it is always by them catching him and throwing him down. He seriously needs to use the Liontamer over that trash

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Woods, PA
    Posts
    2,553
    Not sure if you'd want to count this but I'd vote for the Figure Four.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada.
    Posts
    8,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Bite View Post
    I think the codebreaker is the most reversed move in WWE history. Seriously it gets reversed at least once or twice per match and it is always by them catching him and throwing him down. He seriously needs to use the Liontamer over that trash
    Lointamer is only allowed when Jericho is against certain opponents. From what I heard that move legitimately hurt a lot of people, never caused injury I think but it was painful for people to take cause of how the neck was bent. That's why Jericho will only ever use it against small flexable guys like Neville for example, but will otherwise use the Walls Of Jericho 98% of the time.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Somewhere i dont want to be.
    Posts
    1,081
    Rko is reversed 85% of the time folowed by yhe spear.l
    Strength is not will,but a phenomenon caused by physical objects: Madara Uchiha

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada.
    Posts
    8,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilhurk1985187 View Post
    Rko is reversed 85% of the time folowed by yhe spear.l
    But with the RKO it only takes one, so it has to be hard to hit.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    Lointamer is only allowed when Jericho is against certain opponents. From what I heard that move legitimately hurt a lot of people, never caused injury I think but it was painful for people to take cause of how the neck was bent. That's why Jericho will only ever use it against small flexable guys like Neville for example, but will otherwise use the Walls Of Jericho 98% of the time.
    Too Bad people rarely tap to the walls. I was shocked to see Kevin tap. It was the first time he made someone tap with that in ages.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,457
    No one saying AA? Man, don't know how many time's I've seen it reversed to prolong a Cena match. Almost 15 years of it.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada.
    Posts
    8,727
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    No one saying AA? Man, don't know how many time's I've seen it reversed to prolong a Cena match. Almost 15 years of it.
    Well your escaping pretty much a basic firemen carry so lol

    I wonder why so many gets free from it.

    But yea AA is certainly a good pick man.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,457
    Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    Well your escaping pretty much a basic firemen carry so lol

    I wonder why so many gets free from it.

    But yea AA is certainly a good pick man.
    So many ways to reverse it too, struggle off to back position, flip over Rollins style, grab the ropes, swing round for a DDT, slide down for a schoolboy pin, straight into reverse DDT position...

    Things like the figure 4 and RKO are reversed a lot, but there are generally only one or two ways to do so. Still, I like seeing everyone's ideas.

    I also love certain reversals to finishers that are unique. Like Angle struggling against Taker in a Tombstone position, and sliding down while grabbing an ankle for the Angle lock. The Curb Stomp to RKO was magnificent too.

    Anyone else seen special reversals that are generally one time spectacles?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Woods, PA
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    So many ways to reverse it too, struggle off to back position, flip over Rollins style, grab the ropes, swing round for a DDT, slide down for a schoolboy pin, straight into reverse DDT position...

    Things like the figure 4 and RKO are reversed a lot, but there are generally only one or two ways to do so. Still, I like seeing everyone's ideas.
    That's an extremely good pick. All the different ways you mentioned it being reversed has me wondering why I didn't think of that to begin with haha! That's definitely better than my figure four suggestion.

    I just remember Flair getting it reversed a lot lol

    Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    Anyone else seen special reversals that are generally one time spectacles?
    The one that popped into my head automatically was when Evan Bourne was going for his finisher and got RKOed by Randy. One of the best things I've ever seen.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,457
    Flair was a great player. He always made himself look bad for the sake of the momentum flip. Most guys wanted to hit a finisher or lock the submission and that was it. Flair had a knack to making his opponent look good, even with his match ending move.

    A good poke to the eye/low blow and a roll up with the tights held however...

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada.
    Posts
    8,727
    If I'm not mistaken the Killswitch was reversed fairly often as well during Christian's final WWE run from, was it 09-2014?

    Also seems like people have figured out the trick to escaping Choke Slams as well.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,457
    Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    If I'm not mistaken the Killswitch was reversed fairly often as well during Christian's final WWE run from, was it 09-2014?

    Also seems like people have figured out the trick to escaping Choke Slams as well.
    Aye, Christian had a high fail rate for it, even back when it was the Unprettier. The guy is gold though, been listening to as many EnC podcasts and interviews as possible recently.

    The chokeslam is usually a few elbow strikes, but I like the fast spin out of one that you usually see quick or technical guys do, I'm sure I've seen it launched into an arm bar too.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada.
    Posts
    8,727
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    Aye, Christian had a high fail rate for it, even back when it was the Unprettier. The guy is gold though, been listening to as many EnC podcasts and interviews as possible recently.

    The chokeslam is usually a few elbow strikes, but I like the fast spin out of one that you usually see quick or technical guys do, I'm sure I've seen it launched into an arm bar too.
    If I'm not mistaken, the move has reverted back to being called the Unprettier ever since Tyler Breeze has come along. Granted he usually uses the Beauty Shot, but on occassion he has pulled out the Killswitch, I'm pretty sure commentary has been calling it the Unprettier. Which does make sense given Breeze gimmick.

    Also didn't Roman reverse a Taker Choke Slam into a Superman Punch? I'm almost certain I remember seeing that.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    2,457
    I'm actually not sure about that. I need to watch the WM match again.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Newfoundland, Canada.
    Posts
    8,727
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    I'm actually not sure about that. I need to watch the WM match again.
    If I seen it then it would have been during the build as i don't watch PPV's, not on the Network.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    AUSTRALIA MATE!!
    Posts
    15,832
    I believe Reigns did towards the end of the match at WM.
    Join: The Kings of Wrestling (E-Fed) (JOIN NOW) / WWE Fantasy Wrestling Warfare (S3) (ON-GOING) / WWE PPV Predictions (S4)
    I AM THE ARCHITECT OF THE 2K FORUMS!!! | WE WANT NEW DAY POPS!!! -

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    1,319
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    So many ways to reverse it too, struggle off to back position, flip over Rollins style, grab the ropes, swing round for a DDT, slide down for a schoolboy pin, straight into reverse DDT position...

    Things like the figure 4 and RKO are reversed a lot, but there are generally only one or two ways to do so. Still, I like seeing everyone's ideas.

    I also love certain reversals to finishers that are unique. Like Angle struggling against Taker in a Tombstone position, and sliding down while grabbing an ankle for the Angle lock. The Curb Stomp to RKO was magnificent too.

    Anyone else seen special reversals that are generally one time spectacles?
    HBK did it first into SCM (the flip out of the AA I mean) , Randy counterinng the AA into a RKO , Rollins countering a reigns Spear into a no hands pedigree. As for the most reversed finshers Powerbombs and piledrivers with backbody drops same thing with the pedigree,

  19. #19
    Interesting, that nobody is mentioning the styles clash...I mean when did styles hit it the last time? And hes going for the move every match...
    Just a little Fish in a big Ocean

  20. #20
    Ric Flair's famous but never completed top rope maneuver. He always get's caught and thrown off the top rope by all his opponents. If ever completed the move maybe we would have seen the greatest diving move of all time
    WM33++ (WM33Pro Wyatt, WM33Pro Cena, WM33Pro Undertaker, WM33EventPro Rock, WM33 Mickie, WM33 Askua)

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    37,557
    Then you want to see from 12:00 in this video...
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9prsy
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Round Robin Matches

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    The Woods, PA
    Posts
    2,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeokage View Post
    Then you want to see from 12:00 in this video...
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9prsy
    I love how everyone lost their minds when he hit that haha.

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeokage View Post
    Then you want to see from 12:00 in this video...
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9prsy
    No wonder Carlito was released then haha. It only took 30 years to get that move off
    WM33++ (WM33Pro Wyatt, WM33Pro Cena, WM33Pro Undertaker, WM33EventPro Rock, WM33 Mickie, WM33 Askua)

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    Hampshire, England
    Posts
    3,242
    The Walls.

    Every. Single. Time.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Im a Proud Kiwi
    Posts
    316
    Quote Originally Posted by God Of Gaming View Post
    The Walls.

    Every. Single. Time.
    his entrance theme encourages people to break the wall down, so that is what they do.
    you talk about John 3:16 - AUSTIN 3:16 SAYS I JUST WHIPPED YOUR ASS!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    368
    The first three that came into my mind were the Rock Bottom, the Stone Cold Stunner and the Pedigree.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    121
    The F5 has been reversed into a DDT quite a few times as well:-

    "I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum, and I'm all outta bubble gum." --Roddy Piper in They Live

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    215
    Quote Originally Posted by God Of Gaming View Post
    The Walls.

    Every. Single. Time.
    I 2nd this...
    WWE Supercard Deck (WM33++)
    EV33* Cena, EV33* Samoa Joe, EV33* Rollins, WM33(F)* Y2J, MITB33* Bliss, WM33* Sasha

    CURRENTLY TAKING A BREAK FROM WWE SUPERCARD

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •