View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

1 25.00%

2 50.00%

1 25.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: WWE SmackDown #943 - 09/12/17 - SmackDown in Sin City *SPOILERS*

Arrow WWE SmackDown #943 - 09/12/17 - SmackDown in Sin City *SPOILERS*

SmackDown LIVE preview, Sept. 12, 2017: Mr. McMahon comes to Sin City SmackDown

Kevin Owens was in shock last Tuesday when Daniel Bryan revealed that WWE Chairman Mr. McMahon would be in Las Vegas to address the animosity between KO and his son, suspended SmackDown LIVE Commissioner Shane McMahon. What does Mr. McMahon have in store? Find out during Sin City SmackDown, live tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

• Mr. McMahon comes to Sin City SmackDown to address the Shane McMahon-Kevin Owens situation

The animosity between Kevin Owens and Shane McMahon has reached its boiling point, and only one person can perhaps put an end to it: Mr. McMahon!

The WWE Chairman and CEO will be at Sin City SmackDown tonight to address the bad blood between his son and KO, which boiled over last week on SmackDown LIVE. After Shane attempted to stop Owens from again making himself referee for a match, KO crossed the line by insulting Shane’s family.

The insults sent Shane over the edge, as he immediately pummeled Owens, tackled him over the announce desk and continued to throw haymakers before finally being pulled off by officials and arena security. After Owens threatened to sue WWE and the entire McMahon family and press criminal charges against Shane, Mr. McMahon phoned SmackDown LIVE General Manager Daniel Bryan with a difficult decision that had to be made: The Chairman suspended Shane indefinitely as SmackDown LIVE Commissioner.

Though Bryan thought that would have ended the situation, it was not enough for Owens, who vowed to make Sin City SmackDown his personal playground and Bryan’s personal nightmare. KO said there was nothing Bryan could do about it, to which Bryan agreed, but quickly notified Owens of Mr. McMahon’s intentions for this week.

What does Mr. McMahon have in store for Owens? Tune in to Sin City SmackDown LIVE tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network to find out!

• AJ Styles defends the United States Championship against Tye Dillinger

An already stacked Sin City SmackDown LIVE has itself another championship battle, as AJ Styles will defend his United States Title against Tye Dillinger tonight.

Dillinger first attempted to answer Styles’ United States Open Challenge two weeks ago, but he was ambushed by Baron Corbin. The Perfect 10 fought off The Lone Wolf and made it into the ring to face Styles in an absolute sprint, but his overzealousness combined with the savage attack by Corbin left him open for The Phenomenal One to trap Dillinger in the Calf Crusher, resulting in a successful title defense for Styles.

One week later, The Perfect 10 squared off with Corbin on SmackDown LIVE, looking for a measure of payback for the attack that may have cost him the U.S. Title. Despite a valiant effort, Dillinger fell short against The Lone Wolf. However, Dillinger’s performance over the past several weeks earned him Styles’ respect. The champion sought out Dillinger and offered him the fair title opportunity he deserved, and The Perfect 10 was happy to accept.

Will Tye Dillinger prove himself against one of Team Blue’s top Superstars and claim the star-spangled championship? Find out tonight on Sin City SmackDown, live at 8/7 C on USA Network!

• Naomi gets her SmackDown Women’s Title rematch against Natalya

Naomi will finally get her rematch for the SmackDown Women’s Championship tonight on Sin City SmackDown LIVE when she challenges Natalya for the title.

Natalya shocked the WWE Universe at SummerSlam when she dethroned Naomi to win the championship, giving the third-generation Superstar her first title victory in six years. However, the new titleholder quickly learned that she had a target on her back, not only from Naomi, but from Carmella, who lords her Money in the Bank contract over the entire division.

Don’t miss this huge SmackDown Women’s Championship rematch tonight during Sin City SmackDown, LIVE on USA Network at 8/7 C!

• The Usos defend the SmackDown Tag Team Titles against The New Day in a Sin City Street Fight

The next chapter in the bitter rivalry between SmackDown Tag Team Champions The Usos and The New Day will be a brutal one, as the two teams will battle for the titles in a Sin City Street Fight tonight on SmackDown LIVE.

Jimmy & Jey Uso have been riding high since SummerSlam, where they dethroned The New Day to reclaim the championship. The twins even defeated The New Day two weeks after The Biggest Event of The Summer in non-title action, earning the right to choose the stipulation for this all-important rematch. The Usos opted for a no-rules brawl, which certainly plays to their strengths. However, The New Day believe that the odds will be in their favor in Las Vegas.

Who will survive this Sin City Street Fight and leave Las Vegas with the SmackDown Tag Team Titles? Find out during Sin City SmackDown, live tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!
    *In Memory and Honour of Bobby "The Brain" Heenan*
    RIP BOBBY "THE BRAIN" HEENAN
    MAY HE FOREVER REST IN PEACE | NOVEMBER 1, 1944-SEPTEMBER 17, 2017 (AGE 72)

COZZA'S SMACKDOWN REVIEW;

• The episode started off with Kevin Owens making his way to the ring. Owens spoke about being attacked by Shane McMahon last week leading to him being suspended indefinitely. He then said that he was suing the WWE and once he won he'd be making all sorts of improvements. He then called for Mr. McMahon to make his way to the ring. Shane McMahon's music would play, however it'd be Dolph Ziggler just playing a joke on the WWE Universe. After he finished, Ziggler left and Owens continued speaking. Daniel Bryan then made his way to the ring to let Owens know that Mr. McMahon would be there and that Owens would like what he has to say. Owens replied saying that he has some things to say to him too before exiting the ring. (8/10)

1. AJ Styles (c) vs. Tye Dillinger + WWE United States Championship (7.5/10);
    - Tye Dillinger gave it his best effort to try and defeat Styles and wasn't able to capitalise when Corbin attempted to interject himself into the match. AJ Styles would defeat Tye Dillinger with the Calf Crusher. AJ Styles won via Submission.
    - Baron Corbin would attack AJ Styles after the match and tell Styles that he'll be having his opportunity next week for the WWE United States Championship.

• Rusev was interviewed by Dasha Fuentes. Rusev explained about his losses in recent times and how bad it is for him and how he was going to fix them which he said was to beat a legend or something to that extent. (7/10)

• WWE Champion, Jinder Mahal and The Singh Brothers made their way to the ring to run-down his opponent at Hell in a Cell...Shinsuke Nakamura. All of his comments were negative and against what he is trying to achieve, however that was his goal. The goal is to show how the WWE Universe is negative against wrestlers from foreign countries just because they are different. (7/10)

• Kevin Owens was discussing with someone what he'd like to see happen to the show before stopping to inform Sami Zayn about getting rid of him and Zayn having to go back and doing his job in smaller venues once he is in charge. Zayn said he'd rather do that than work for him anyway. (7.5/10)

2. The New Day (Big E/Kofi Kingston) w/ Xavier Woods vs. The Uso's (Jey/Jimmy) + Sin City Street Fight for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships (7.5/10);
    - This was a good match. The New Day got the victory and the Tag Team Championships back after they removed Jey Uso from the equation and put away Jimmy Uso with their Midnight Hour Double-Team finisher. The New Day won via Pinfall - Jimmy Uso pinned by Big E | NEW CHAMPIONS CROWNED!!!

3. Naomi vs. Natalya (c) + WWE SmackDown Women's Championship (7/10);
    - This match was good. Carmella and James Ellsworth were at ringside during the match and following Naomi taking them out, Natalya capitalised and got the victory over Naomi. Natalya won via Pinfall.

• Aiden English was warming up for another performance when Kevin Owens approached him asking that he perform the new opening theme to 'The Kevin Owens Show'. He did a great performance of the theme which Owens nodded and approved of. (7/10)

• Dolph Ziggler again made his way out onto the stage. He was his normal self...however that didn't last long. He'd exit the stage and re-enter as Bayley would and then moments later as The Ultimate Warrior. He'd then have a few words before leaving the ring again. This isn't working for Ziggler, however I hope it is still working towards something big. (7/10)

4. The Hype Bro's (Mojo Rawley/Zack Ryder) vs. The American Standard (Chad Gable/Shelton Benjamin) + Tag Team Match (7/10);
    - This was a good tag team match. The American Standard got the victory over The Hype Bro's following a double team move of a PowerBomb/Diving Crossbody Combination. The American Standard won via Pinfall - Zack Ryder pinned.
    - Following the match, both teams engaged in handshakes, however Zack Ryder left his opponents hanging.

• Vince McMahon and Kevin Owens exchanged words with McMahon telling Owens that if he does push forward with his lawsuit, he'd be fired and that the only reason Shane was suspended was because he didn't finish the job off on his attack against Owens. McMahon then said that Owens and Shane would fight at Hell in a Cell. Owens asked McMahon to promise that if he were provoked by any McMahon that he could fight back. McMahon agreed and moments later Owens attacked him causing him to bleed. The Owens/McMahon story just got bigger. (8.5/10)

OVERALL EPISODE RATING: 81/11 = 7.36* = 7/10.
    Last edited by COZZA SAID SO; 1 Week Ago at 10:10 PM.

I've been unpleased with so many short title reigns lately, but I actually wanted Naomi to win. I figured Natalya getting the title was just to give Naomi a little slap on the wrist so to say due to her and JBL supposed backstage heat. But oh well, maybe running with Natalya was the plan all along.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

KO/McMahon angle is really picking up. I wonder if DB will get involved in a wrestling aspect?

Ziggler's "promos" better get to a point and fast.

Cozza, you forgot to mention that New Day are new champs. But, a solid episode, and I like how Corbin is wanting his shot at the US title.

Quote Originally Posted by Colby14 View Post
    KO/McMahon angle is really picking up. I wonder if DB will get involved in a wrestling aspect?

Ziggler's "promos" better get to a point and fast.

Cozza, you forgot to mention that New Day are new champs. But, a solid episode, and I like how Corbin is wanting his shot at the US title.
    It doesn't necessarily have to be written in, however I have added it now.
    *In Memory and Honour of Bobby "The Brain" Heenan*
    RIP BOBBY "THE BRAIN" HEENAN
    MAY HE FOREVER REST IN PEACE | NOVEMBER 1, 1944-SEPTEMBER 17, 2017 (AGE 72)

Are they trying the Stone Cold route with KO, I wonder. Making Shane into the next Vince? I actually think it would work.

Also, I hope they make Corbin vs Styles a second HIAC match. I think that would be a pretty good match.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    Are they trying the Stone Cold route with KO, I wonder. Making Shane into the next Vince? I actually think it would work.

Also, I hope they make Corbin vs Styles a second HIAC match. I think that would be a pretty good match.
    Shane did not screw Kevin... Kevin screwed Kevin.
    you talk about John 3:16 - AUSTIN 3:16 SAYS I JUST WHIPPED YOUR ASS!
    Celebrating 20 years: BREAK IT DOWN!
    And that's the bottom line 'cause Stone Cold said so!

Quote Originally Posted by SCSA fan View Post
    Shane did not screw Kevin... Kevin screwed Kevin.
    Heheh... All they need now is a beer truck.

I got a whole Attitude vibe from a lot of Smackdown this week. Superstar assaults the boss, hardcore tag team match, dumb segments, brutal looking assault from Corbin to AJ and Dillinger and Jinder Mahal ripping on Nakamura was kind of DX levels of bad humour... But great nonetheless.

Please keep steering Raw and Smackdown in this direction WWE.

good to see the Triple H did not kill Stephanie. (the TV character, not the person.)

also, what is Dolph's new gimmick?

Wow what a shot to the head Vince took! Busted open the hard way. I'd put money on it being his idea to take that shot that way. Always was a showman. They've just catapulted Owens to another level with this story imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    Wow what a shot to the head Vince took! Busted open the hard way. I'd put money on it being his idea to take that shot that way. Always was a showman. They've just catapulted Owens to another level with this story imo.
    no bladejob needed.

no bladejob needed.
    Wrestlers don't blade
    Villainy & Virtue.

Wrestlers don't blade
    are you sure about that?

are you sure about that?
    I was being sarcastic
    Villainy & Virtue.

I was being sarcastic
    just checking, It can be hard to convey sarcasm through written word.

just checking, It can be hard to convey sarcasm through written word.
    I completely understand. Sometimes I forget that myself. I'll just have to be more clear next time haha.

That was a nasty shot though wasn't it? Reminded me of when Vince took the punt from Orton.
    Villainy & Virtue.

Doesn't this setup Shane to win though? Because while Vince did do the the whole cocky billionaire routine in the promo, he was clearly still the victim here in the end. So the McMahon's are the faces in this.

You'd think this feud would favor KO to put him over, but Shane is being booked as the no way out underdog.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    Doesn't this setup Shane to win though? Because while Vince did do the the whole cocky billionaire routine in the promo, he was clearly still the victim here in the end. So the McMahon's are the faces in this.

You'd think this feud would favor KO to put him over, but Shane is being booked as the no way out underdog.
    the real question is... can Shane top this?

I completely understand. Sometimes I forget that myself. I'll just have to be more clear next time haha.

That was a nasty shot though wasn't it? Reminded me of when Vince took the punt from Orton.
    I know. just re-watched the punt recently. it's nasty how the head snaps to the side.