Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: MyCareer Developer Blog discussion

Quote Originally Posted by ScrewedNeck View Post
    You guys are legit the worse fan base I've ever been apart of lol You guys complained about Showcase Mode so they took it away. Now you're asking for it back. You guys wanted more current stars and less legends, they delivered and you guys cry about that. You guys cried about wanting backstage roaming and it's back and now it's like oh that's back but still boring. You guys wanted a story driven career mode and we're getting that and still crying. It's like maybe they should NOT give us game anymore and see how you guys respond them lol I get each yeah Career Mode has been a bust but I have the feeling THIS time it'll be something special. No shortage of backstage people to deal with, side quests and having my friends backstage with me? Count me in. IF they let me down this time then maybe I'll be as bitter as you morons. I legit forgot how toxic this specific forum is. Lol Can't say it's boring until we play it.
    Um, excuse me but not everyone asked for Showcase to be removed. As hard as it may be to believe, we're not all fans of MyCareer. I've hated it since 2K15 and I still hate it now. I, like many others on here, enjoy Showcases, and never wanted it removed in the first place. That was 2K's screw up.

I would play a story driven career mode, provided that you weren't confined to using a created superstar. As someone who doesn't make custom superstars, I would prefer a career mode similar to the old Smackdown games, where I can use an in-game WWE Superstar.

Quote Originally Posted by queenie.paula View Post
    i dont get the hate, it even looks like you can break up any repetitiveness in matches your self by attacking other people in the back and things, i havent played with any of the career modes in the past, but this one is looking ok and they just might be trying to get it to the level of nba career.

there are actual things to do now in between matches and people complain, but people complained when there wasnt anything to do between matches too lol you all are fickle as crap and no wonder others dont take you seriously.
    The same hype has been dished out for it each year, so eventually it becomes a case of crying wolf. It's on them to deliver, not us to deliver for them by defending a short blog post.
    Follow My WWE 2K17 Creations on PSN: TyrantCreations & Tyrant185

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrant185 View Post
    The same hype has been dished out for it each year, so eventually it becomes a case of crying wolf. It's on them to deliver, not us to deliver for them by defending a short blog post.
    Wrong it's called improving on a yearly mode do the same crap in NBA 2k my player mode they try different things add different things even had spike lee directing it one year lol. It's not crying wolf

I think showing off a video or something might of helped out a bit but oh well with career mode being talked now there's only the creation suite, universe mode, and this road to glory online mode they mentioned. Wonder what's next?

Quote Originally Posted by 2DamnSweet26 View Post
    Nothing laggy at the conference all we saw was a few snippets of gameplay and people complained about the lighting. Graphics wise still looks the best it's ever looked idk what to tell in reguards to lag it will probably still happen just not as bad as 17 lol I'm just guessing .
    "the elimination chamber was unplayable" that is a direct quote from DenkOps from his video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gF72SUAdtxQ 3:27

Also, the game looks nothing like the screenshots in the elimination chamber match & that will make me avoid playing multiman matches because why would I play something that looks & plays worse? All these things need to be addressed before a mycareer blog or whatever to be honest

Wrong it's called improving on a yearly mode do the same crap in NBA 2k my player mode they try different things add different things even had spike lee directing it one year lol. It's not crying wolf
    It is crying wolf if the mode is poor each year. Fair enough they threw the word "experiment" in there, but we shouldn't be expected to buy it as being brilliant like some are suggesting. When a mode is hyped for 3 years and fails each year, it's only natural if you have any common sense to put your guard up.
    Follow My WWE 2K17 Creations on PSN: TyrantCreations & Tyrant185

Quote Originally Posted by ScrewedNeck View Post
    You guys are legit the worse fan base I've ever been apart of lol I get each yeah Career Mode has been a bust but I have the feeling THIS time it'll be something special. IF they let me down this time then maybe I'll be as bitter as you morons.
    LMAO only a small few might have asked for showcase and less Legends not the majority.
    So everyone is the worst and a moron because every year this mode been a bust...but you have faith this is the Year it will be good and if not...then you will be a moron too?
    People are not that EASILY impressed by the bells and whistles in a short article like you are. Maybe it will be great and maybe it will suck. Just because you THINK it will be great is no need to bash people with different opinions.
    Peanut logic 101 LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Kreaytive View Post
    "the elimination chamber was unplayable" that is a direct quote from DenkOps from his video. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gF72SUAdtxQ 3:27

Also, the game looks nothing like the screenshots in the elimination chamber match & that will make me avoid playing multiman matches because why would I play something that looks & plays worse? All these things need to be addressed before a mycareer blog or whatever to be honest
    These were addressed tho by most of the Youtubers so I'm sure 2K is aware of what the issues are regarding the elimination chamber match, as for the other thing, we can all mostly agree by now that was a lighting problem as well Youtube messing up the contrast of the game, most of people who played the game said it didn't look like that when they were playing so I don't think its a real big issue anymore.

I could be a lil' off. But, it appears that those who are complaining, weren't even present in the "WWE 2K17 Feedback Project: MYCAREER". How odd?
    It's, um, Double!

Also, the game looks nothing like the screenshots in the elimination chamber match & that will make me avoid playing multiman matches because why would I play something that looks & plays worse? All these things needs to be addressed before a mycareer blog or whatever to be honest

Could have sworn people said that Seth Rollins model looked way better than that and it did clearly in the drag and carry video. Now either your mind is already made up or you should wait until after the game is already out and make a decision cause it doesn't look or play worse than the previous versions. Now if it's as unplayable as he claims it to be and it's not fixed in the final build then I'm right there with you.

one way to improve promo system is making the dialogue boxes smaller and not fitting the whole paragraph in one box,it makes me not want to read , make more it seamless going sentence by sentence

Could have sworn people said that Seth Rollins model looked way better than that and it did clearly in the drag and carry video. Now either your mind is already made up or you should wait until after the game is already out and make a decision cause it doesn't look or play worse than the previous versions. Now if it's as unplayable as he claims it to be and it's not fixed in the final build then I'm right there with you.
    ughhhhh the game looks good in singles matches. Seth Rollins looked good in a one on one match! I am trying to say that the game will look worse in multiman matches because why? Because it did look worse on the freaking footage!

With this info I can now know that I will give my career a better run this year so seeing as I'm getting it both for xbox1 n ps4 I will focus the ps4 on universe mode and xbox1 on my career mode

Not set in stone but upon reading today's blog I think I'll have two career saves, one with Bobby Roode using the Company Man path and one with Jason Jordan using the Fan Favorite path. Seems like those two will have me intrigued enough to keep playing through each path until it bores me.

Anyone else who is going to try MyCareer have any specific superstars in mind or are you going with your original caws? I have never been able to stay interested with an original caw no matter how cool I make him I just have no attachment to them and immediately lose interest so I always duplicate an existing superstar.

It is crying wolf if the mode is poor each year. Fair enough they threw the word "experiment" in there, but we shouldn't be expected to buy it as being brilliant like some are suggesting. When a mode is hyped for 3 years and fails each year, it's only natural if you have any common sense to put your guard up.
    No it's not they just introduced promos last year dude like I said it took NBA 2k years to get it right madden still hasn't gotten it figured out and look at FIFA lol. As long as they continue to build on it and look to better it what's the issue ? It's clearly miles ahead of what it was in 2k15 so no it's not crying wolf they telling us about changes they made to a mode they have been placing attention towards. Lol maddens career mode has been the exact same since 2013 that right there is crazy !

ughhhhh the game looks good in singles matches. Seth Rollins looked good in a one on one match! I am trying to say that the game will look worse in multiman matches because why? Because it did look worse on the freaking footage!
    Based off what ?

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet1929 View Post
    Not set in stone but upon reading today's blog I think I'll have two career saves, one with Bobby Roode using the Company Man path and one with Jason Jordan using the Fan Favorite path. Seems like those two will have me intrigued enough to keep playing through each path until it bores me.

Anyone else who is going to try MyCareer have any specific superstars in mind or are you going with your original caws? I have never been able to stay interested with an original caw no matter how cool I make him I just have no attachment to them and immediately lose interest so I always duplicate an existing superstar.
    going to have one CAW do each
    Generic indy darling type as the fan favourite, then a "heavy" AoP sort who use under handed tactics and brute strength to get by
    #MakeTheCatalogMatter #BringBackSeason1Cards #MakePastCardsObtainable #MakePastEventCardsPullable

Yet every YouTuber who saw the Elimination Chamber footage that was released said the footage looked a lot worse than what they played and saw at the SummerSlam event. Frame rate is the only concern in these matches as it was universally complained about.

No it's not they just introduced promos last year dude like I said it took NBA 2k years to get it right madden still hasn't gotten it figured out and look at FIFA lol. As long as they continue to build on it and look to better it what's the issue ? It's clearly miles ahead of what it was in 2k15 so no it's not crying wolf they telling us about changes they made to a mode they have been placing attention towards. Lol maddens career mode has been the exact same since 2013 that right there is crazy !
    some people dont understand what "crying wolf" means
    Quote Originally Posted by 2Kayfabe View Post
    Just remember though, who knows what surprises are in store for the rest of the DLC ; )
    20 wrestlers less, 20 entrances less, 20 songs less, 20 titantrons less, lots of clothes less, but hey, we get a cheat code

CAW looks great this year. It certainly benefitted from the new textures and lighting. There's definitely more contrast, and this is coming from someone who creates and plays as CAWs for a significant amount of time.

Take out the Roaming stuff,and it's exactly the same crap they say year after year after year.
    ''Big improvements of specific superstars and brand new animations!''-----Well,yeah,considering how bad 2K17's promo feature was,it's not much of a leap forward.I bet we'll still see superstars like Undertker drop in lines like that only Amore would spit out of his mouth.
    ''In short, it’s ultimately your choice how your MyPLAYER’s road to WrestleMania will unfold. We definitely put a bunch of twists and turns to make it feel like it’s your own story, and we hope you’ll be surprised by a few of the WWE Superstars and events that will pop up along the way!''-----------I bet we get some choices here and there when it comes to storyline,and that's about it.I hate the way they exagerate and say that it will play out like a story I want.Every time we gonna start a new MyCareer,it's going to be exactly the same,with some minimal variety that even things like ''Company Man'' and Fan Favourite won't bring.

This again is just all talk and no work.
    Why not show bits of footage?Oh I guess it also has superstars being washed out effect and a lot of FPS drops.

That screenshot they posted is just about as okay as it can get.(BTW that CAW is awful lol,what a creative guy.I'm sorry for people who wanted to get a little test of what we can pull of with that mode.You know,it's not like we're one month away from release or smth.)

And Talking about CAWs,I assure you they will still create the WORST,most cartoonish looking guys with the most unrealistic and downright BORING attire and appeareances for us.

Yukes really don't give a damn anymore about this,since they know there's no competition on the market when it comes to Wrestling games.Shame,really.

Based off what ?
    right, the elimination chamber footage of the summerslam event looked worse than the singles match. Here (mark little interview) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8YO4WOrViI 6:12
    Now, I am not exactly sure why I have to post a link to a video because it doesn't take a phd in applied science graduate to see that it looked bleached in the multiman match!

Leave Barron Blade alone, he tried his best
    #MakeTheCatalogMatter #BringBackSeason1Cards #MakePastCardsObtainable #MakePastEventCardsPullable

You leave Baron Blade out of this. He did nothing wrong.

some people dont understand what "crying wolf" means
    Yea people are running with this battered fan syndrome thing.madden would have these guys on susicide watch lol

right, the elimination chamber footage of the summerslam event looked worse than the singles match. Here (mark little interview) https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=c8YO4WOrViI 6:12
    Now, I am not exactly sure why I have to post a link to a video because it doesn't take a phd in applied science graduate to see that it looked bleached in the multiman match!
    That was already explained your ignoring it for whatever reason
    So I'm gonna chalk it up to you prefer to complain about it.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 09-13-2017 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomHer0 View Post
    You leave Baron Blade out of this. He did nothing wrong.
    Yeah, HOW DARE HE INSULT B BLADE!

Barron Blade is LOVE. Barron Blade is LIFE.
    DRINK IT IN MAAAN
    ~ Chris Jericho 2016.

Yea people are running with this battered fan syndrome thing.madden would have these guys on susicide watch lol
    im a madden girl and yea we would lol
    Just remember though, who knows what surprises are in store for the rest of the DLC ; )
    20 wrestlers less, 20 entrances less, 20 songs less, 20 titantrons less, lots of clothes less, but hey, we get a cheat code

Quote Originally Posted by YooBaby View Post
    Take out the Roaming stuff,and it's exactly the same crap they say year after year after year.
    ''Big improvements of specific superstars and brand new animations!''-----Well,yeah,considering how bad 2K17's promo feature was,it's not much of a leap forward.I bet we'll still see superstars like Undertker drop in lines like that only Amore would spit out of his mouth.
    ''In short, it’s ultimately your choice how your MyPLAYER’s road to WrestleMania will unfold. We definitely put a bunch of twists and turns to make it feel like it’s your own story, and we hope you’ll be surprised by a few of the WWE Superstars and events that will pop up along the way!''-----------I bet we get some choices here and there when it comes to storyline,and that's about it.I hate the way they exagerate and say that it will play out like a story I want.Every time we gonna start a new MyCareer,it's going to be exactly the same,with some minimal variety that even things like ''Company Man'' and Fan Favourite won't bring.

Why not show bits of footage?Oh I guess it also has superstars being washed out effect and a lot of FPS drops.

That screenshot they posted is just about as okay as it can get.(BTW that CAW is awful lol,what a creative guy.I'm sorry for people who wanted to get a little test of what we can pull of with that mode.You know,it's not like we're one month away from release or smth.)

And Talking about CAWs,I assure you they will still create the WORST,most cartoonish looking guys with the most unrealistic and downright BORING attire and appeareances for us.

Yukes really don't give a damn anymore about this,since they know there's no competition on the market when it comes to Wrestling games.Shame,really.
    All you do is ☺☺☺☺☺ing.... seriously whats wrong with you?? I can´t take you serious anymore do you get paid for complaining?? It´s obvious that you are complainig on purpose you don´t even try to say something positive
    You talk too much

preordered the deluxe edition of WWE 2k18 for the PS4

explained? Gee yeah, mark little is literally saying "yeah well, sorry, there's just way to many things going on at once for it to look as good as the singles match." Tell me he didn't basically say that. & tell me that he said he said "we know the problem & the multiman matches will look & play like the singles matches"

im a madden girl and yea we would lol
    Then you know the struggles lol oh to well the untouched connected careers and bad AI still got madden 18 tho

explained? Gee yeah, mark little is literally saying "yeah well, sorry, there's just way to many things going on at once for it to look as good as the singles match." Tell me he didn't basically say that. & tell me that he said he said "we know the problem & the multiman matches will look & play like the singles matches"
    FPS issues are very common in demo builds just saying, this is nothing special
    You talk too much

preordered the deluxe edition of WWE 2k18 for the PS4

Reading all of this gave me a headache.

THIS is exactly what I'm scared of & what I'm expecting.

It's a shame because I want to see MyCareer succeed, but what it really boils down to is one thing: the story. If it isn't compelling, then I assure you that "backstage roaming" will get boring within 5 minutes.

All in all, not really sure what there is to take away from this article. I never play MyCareer for more than 15 minutes so I can't contribute much here. This article doesn't wow me by any means though. I'm waiting on DLC, Creation Suite or Universe still to make my decision, and it pains me to not have this pre-ordered yet cuz I'm diehard for this franchise.

I mean at least we have our first screenshot of the wardrobe tailor, so that's big news.
    Your one stop shop for high quality, original
    RETRO WWE / WWF /WCW CAWS!!
    Follow me on Twitter! @DrGorillaNuts For live updates of my CAWS

Quote Originally Posted by crazyjk4 View Post
    Reading all of this gave me a headache.
    Same, isn't this the guy who basically stated on every possible thread that there is that he "ISN'T BUYING THE GAME"?

Kinda've strange, you'd figure since he's not buying the game, he'd be off the forums and not complaining every 2 seconds.
    DRINK IT IN MAAAN
    ~ Chris Jericho 2016.

WHo dare insults Barron Blade?

My Caws TNT and Pinstripe Parker have had 5 star match after 5 star match with that pinnacle of pro-wrestling, that man among men, that God-like general of the squared circle.

I for one hope he pops up this year.

Your using strawman arguments lol your entire stance is based off a short YouTube clip where the lighting and YouTube played a huge factor. I think You want me to say your 100% correct that multi man matches will be washed out downgrades. Even if the youtubers said it wasn't the case the lag thing I agree with everything else I don't . All I know is it better be as washed out as you claim it to be

Then you know the struggles lol oh to well the untouched connected careers and bad AI still got madden 18 tho
    been with madden since the first one, so i know what real problems are, more so i dont ever play madden out the box, i have to have all the sliders just right to be realistic, so AI can be better or even worse if you dont get it right and longshot is a complete waste of time.

back on topic.... it does seem like the roaming is heading to looking like nba and thats a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by The Gentleman's Outlaw View Post
    WHo dare insults Barron Blade?

My Caws TNT and Pinstripe Parker have had 5 star match after 5 star match with that pinnacle of pro-wrestling, that man among men, that God-like general of the squared circle.

I for one hope he pops up this year.
    Your CAWS SUCK. My CAW had five consecutive 8 star matches with him. (Courtesy of Dave Meltzer)
    DRINK IT IN MAAAN
    ~ Chris Jericho 2016.

Explained by who??? Some YouTubers?? That means nothing. 2K needs to address it by releasing footage showing it's not an issue. The same YouTubers also said that those matches had terrible lag. So that does prove the point that those matches have issues.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast