Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 161 to 186 of 186

Thread: Shooting Discussion

  1. #161
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmym68 View Post
    I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME I AM SICK OF GOING 0 for 8 in the first half or 1 for 8/ 2 for 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    On another forum they said sliders were updated now and good shots go in most times now. Did you try after the update?(It's not a version update but one of them that tells you to go to the main menu when in game)

  2. #162
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by Brgisme View Post
    On another forum they said sliders were updated now and good shots go in most times now. Did you try after the update?(It's not a version update but one of them that tells you to go to the main menu when in game)
    far as i know i played a game today and said i needed to go to main menu and i did that so hopefully, i will try again tomorrow but i didn't notice anything, Besides getting So frustrated

  3. #163
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmym68 View Post
    far as i know i played a game today and said i needed to go to main menu and i did that so hopefully, i will try again tomorrow but i didn't notice anything, Besides getting So frustrated
    I was the same way today, frustrated with my sharpshooter, they just posted that it's better tonight so I'm hoping tomorrow it's better also.

  4. #164
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    I'm so sick of every wide open good release, mid or 3, is a miss and 40% slightly late/early goes in, in MYCAREER! if i wanted this to be so difficult i would up tha difficulty. My shot is so much better in practice but in game it's trash. Makes no sense

  5. #165
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmym68 View Post
    I'M DONE WITH THIS GAME I AM SICK OF GOING 0 for 8 in the first half or 1 for 8/ 2 for 11!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    This 100%^^^^^^^

    Im still averaging 21.9 a game, and shooting like 43%, but the amount of wide open good shots I miss are crazy.

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeLoveMe OthersLoveMe View Post
    @borrakara I'm tired of explaining every single thing about this game to you because you have a response for everything I say and you just don't accept the fact that you just can't shoot the ball. You said maybe you should have made a player with those other archetypes, the game is still new, you have time. Start over and try something else if you can't figure out the shooting. Stop complaining to me, like that will help your shooting. Shooting isn't broken, there are plenty of players I have played with that hit mid-range shots on the constant if I set a screen and set them up.

    So, my final response to you is, try a new archetype or just stop playing if it frustrates you that much. Shooting isn't the most difficult thing in the game, it is hard but learnable. Figure it out.
    You didn't explain anything, all you do is keep changing your argument. You went from attributes + badges and when that got shot down it became rhythm and momentum. I guess we're all bums except you and the people who you play with, whats your gamertag btw? Maybe some of us would like to play with the best shooter out here, maybe you can school us.
    Last edited by borrakara; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:28 PM. Reason: addition

  6. #166
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    4
    Link to the forum that said that? I didn't see any update notification when getting back on.


    PS: I'm not arguing with the troll. Because I'm sure he doesn't even have the game at this point. Clearly the jump shot percentages are off and its ridiculously obvious at this point.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:34 AM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

  7. #167
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    Turn tha shot meter off and focus on your Jumpshots. Shot meter is horribly broken. When i took mine off my shots went in more. But still good releases won't go in barely ever.

  8. #168
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6
    I'm playing a pro game right now where my team the Lakers shot percentage is 31.8% and the Bucks have a 36.8% shooting percentage. There is a problem with this game when the average shooting percentage in real life for teams is 46%-52%... its clearly harder in real life.

  9. #169
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13
    This may help some of you. Good luck guys, it's very hard this year but I am getting better.


  10. #170
    If I would have said to focus on when the player is actually releasing the ball instead of the shot meter, I know I would have had some people in this thread say that "argument" would be "shot down". It is much simpler to have a YouTube video for people to watch than it is for people to read a sentence and then understand what the sentence is saying. Removing the shot meter has always been beneficial in every 2k basketball game because then people, such as myself, would focus more on the actual release opposed to the idea the ball is just supposed to go in due to the meter saying the shot is "Good" or an all white bar. If you are shooting, and the ball is coming off the hand wrong, it is less likely to go in.

  11. #171
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    4
    Doesn't that just make the issue underneath worse, that we're better off not using a mechanic put into the game for the specific purpose which it was designed? No, the problem with the shot meter isn't that you should be turning it off, it's that it doesn't do the singular thing it's supposed to, which is to time your shot.

    It seems somewhat out there to suggest that a core feature of the game for many years should be completely tossed aside as a solution, rather than to fix the underlying problems. For example, the current system it uses, where Good acts as a buffer between Slightly Early/Late and Excellent, arbitrarily misleads players by implying their timing was wrong. Because of the systems underneath, some of your Goods will become Green, and some of your Greens become Good, which actively feeds false information to the player.

    It's an incredibly easy fix, too. Just remove Good tier release and change Excellent to be a higher FG%, preferably around 55% for midrange and maybe 45% from 3, clearly above average but definitely not hitting every single shot. The underlying math on whether or not you hit doesn't change much but shooting feels better to the player because they get the validation of hitting a perfect release rather than being frustrated when the AI decides a shot just isn't good enough.

    Having read back a little, it seems like you come from the 'git gud' school of thought. I too am irrationally passionate about this basketball game (feel free to travel over to the feedback sticky and read the almost 3000 words I wrote on it!), as I have been since 2k11. I've used the same release every single year without fail so I promise you that I know my timing, meter or not. Rather unfortunately, the chorus of "learn to play" only applies to those who don't already know how to play. And yeah the game is a little different this year, but nothing my 107 hours of gameplay thus far on it shouldn't have covered.

    So I mean, if you'd like to tell me to git gud too, go for it, but these complaints are widespread and common enough that I think it's fairly obvious there's more than just people complaining about not getting greens going on.

  12. #172
    Quote Originally Posted by Vante Mac View Post
    Turn tha shot meter off and focus on your Jumpshots. Shot meter is horribly broken. When i took mine off my shots went in more. But still good releases won't go in barely ever.
    What does this help? Good release still is broken so what does this solve?

  13. #173
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Brgisme View Post
    What does this help? Good release still is broken so what does this solve?
    Yeah I can agree with this. I mean if you could hit green 85-100% of the time why have stats at all? Everyone would just play knowing if you don't hit green it doesn't go in. I'm sure it is a very hard task to get the CPU to calculate all the percentages and have a true random fair outcome. That is the task 2K took on though and should have figured out before taking peoples money.

  14. #174
    Quote Originally Posted by flexkill View Post
    Yeah I can agree with this. I mean if you could hit green 85-100% of the time why have stats at all? Everyone would just play knowing if you don't hit green it doesn't go in. I'm sure it is a very hard task to get the CPU to calculate all the percentages and have a true random fair outcome. That is the task 2K took on though and should have figured out before taking peoples money.
    My question has and always will be, why can't we just have true player % for MyCareer? If it's a simulation for real isn't that the most fair way? Shoot, if your attributes are there you are good based on what it allows the computer to do be cause they have ZERO issues hitting open shots even if they suck at 3's.

  15. #175
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    6
    we don't mind that we miss some shots, but the CPU cant make every open shot and every free throw. There is no way that you got every team shoot 93% from the line. You should based on your release but what do i know. I've just been playing this since it was on Dream Cast

  16. #176
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    236
    The cpu makes a shot just because its a decent rating and is open, i should make a shot just because i have a great rating and am open. Its simple. If there is anything else factored in, its a failure of an engine. Both sides of the ball should be the same.

    The only thing at play in real life is the skill level of a shooter and situation of the shot. If kyle korver or jj redick is open from the corner you can bet your first born's life on it. Synergy has them both eclipsing 67-68% on uncontested attempts there. This is reflected when the cpu shoots, this is not reflected when i shoot. I want a realistic basketball experience. This means when i shoot with a money guy from a money area, i want money. Anything less provides for an unrealistic experience.


    And i havent read all the posts but guys from 2k16 and 2k17 were saying hilarious things like a PERFECT release doesnt mean a make.

    I mean i dont know to teach english or basketball here...

    For starters(and 6th men) the definition of perfect implies success. If a shot doesnt go in, it wasnt perfect. Regardless of what you think of your real life basketball prowess, if you missed the shot, you didnt shoot it perfectly, read the webster. Its even hard to miss when you shoot it excellently if you are a player on a certain level, especially professionally. I got kids i coach on my 12-15 team that wont miss unless you get a hand on them or the ball.

    So to me its a bit silly to hear people talk as if shooting is so difficult. Even players who arent classified as shooters agree shooting is the easiest thing to do on a basketball court. Mike beasley is a mediocre pro baller and i just watched him drain 27 of 30 last week training. Jahlil okafor in practice doesnt miss 3s and he is further from a shooter than i am.

    Lets just stop the foolishness about how difficult shooting is. This game has pretended that guys who play ball beyond high school cant dribble in traffic or shoot open jumpers. Leave udonis haslem open for three and see if he cant drain one. All these guys are here on athletic scholarship.

    To me missing an open well released shot in 2k is the equivalent of shooting a guy in the head point blank on gta and he lives lol i could happen realistically... but not often enough
    Last edited by Zeokage; 1 Week Ago at 11:25 PM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

  17. #177
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    18
    [QUOTE=Koolest88;14963361]The cpu makes a shot just because its a decent rating and is open, i should make a shot just because i have a great rating and am open. Its simple. If there is anything else factored in, its a failure of an engine. Both sides of the ball should be the same.

    The only thing at play in real life is the skill level of a shooter and situation of the shot. If kyle korver or jj redick is open from the corner you can bet your first born's life on it. Synergy has them both eclipsing 67-68% on uncontested attempts there. This is reflected when the cpu shoots, this is not reflected when i shoot. I want a realistic basketball experience. This means when i shoot with a money guy from a money area, i want money. Anything less provides for an unrealistic experience.


    And i havent read all the posts but guys from 2k16 and 2k17 were saying hilarious things like a PERFECT release doesnt mean a make.

    I mean i dont know to teach english or basketball here...

    For starters(and 6th men) the definition of perfect implies success. If a shot doesnt go in, it wasnt perfect. Regardless of what you think of your real life basketball prowess, if you missed the shot, you didnt shoot it perfectly, read the webster. Its even hard to miss when you shoot it excellently if you are a player on a certain level, especially professionally. I got kids i coach on my 12-15 team that wont miss unless you get a hand on them or the ball.

    So to me its a bit silly to hear people talk as if shooting is so difficult. Even players who arent classified as shooters agree shooting is the easiest thing to do on a basketball court. Mike beasley is a mediocre pro baller and i just watched him drain 27 of 30 last week training. Jahlil okafor in practice doesnt miss 3s and he is further from a shooter than i am.

    Lets just stop the foolishness about how difficult shooting is. This game has pretended that guys who play ball beyond high school cant dribble in traffic or shoot open jumpers. Leave udonis haslem open for three and see if he cant drain one. All these guys are here on athletic scholarship.

    To me missing an open well released shot in 2k is the equivalent of shooting a guy in the head point blank on gta and he lives lol i could happen realistically... but not often enough[/QUOT

    Sorry I read your post twice but still don't see how any of this has anything to do with the fact that this game is more difficult to shoot than previous versions. I see so many others with the same problem, so I know I'm not alone. Also I have read where this year's version is the lowest rated in years. All be it a big part of that is the VCs but the shooting difficulty is really messed up in this game.

  18. #178
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    236
    [QUOTE=Steelerman;14963683]
    Quote Originally Posted by Koolest88 View Post
    The cpu makes a shot just because its a decent rating and is open, i should make a shot just because i have a great rating and am open. Its simple. If there is anything else factored in, its a failure of an engine. Both sides of the ball should be the same.

    The only thing at play in real life is the skill level of a shooter and situation of the shot. If kyle korver or jj redick is open from the corner you can bet your first born's life on it. Synergy has them both eclipsing 67-68% on uncontested attempts there. This is reflected when the cpu shoots, this is not reflected when i shoot. I want a realistic basketball experience. This means when i shoot with a money guy from a money area, i want money. Anything less provides for an unrealistic experience.


    And i havent read all the posts but guys from 2k16 and 2k17 were saying hilarious things like a PERFECT release doesnt mean a make.

    I mean i dont know to teach english or basketball here...

    For starters(and 6th men) the definition of perfect implies success. If a shot doesnt go in, it wasnt perfect. Regardless of what you think of your real life basketball prowess, if you missed the shot, you didnt shoot it perfectly, read the webster. Its even hard to miss when you shoot it excellently if you are a player on a certain level, especially professionally. I got kids i coach on my 12-15 team that wont miss unless you get a hand on them or the ball.

    So to me its a bit silly to hear people talk as if shooting is so difficult. Even players who arent classified as shooters agree shooting is the easiest thing to do on a basketball court. Mike beasley is a mediocre pro baller and i just watched him drain 27 of 30 last week training. Jahlil okafor in practice doesnt miss 3s and he is further from a shooter than i am.

    Lets just stop the foolishness about how difficult shooting is. This game has pretended that guys who play ball beyond high school cant dribble in traffic or shoot open jumpers. Leave udonis haslem open for three and see if he cant drain one. All these guys are here on athletic scholarship.

    To me missing an open well released shot in 2k is the equivalent of shooting a guy in the head point blank on gta and he lives lol i could happen realistically... but not often enough[/QUOT

    Sorry I read your post twice but still don't see how any of this has anything to do with the fact that this game is more difficult to shoot than previous versions. I see so many others with the same problem, so I know I'm not alone. Also I have read where this year's version is the lowest rated in years. All be it a big part of that is the VCs but the shooting difficulty is really messed up in this game.
    Im lost here... you quoted me, appeared to disagree and then said the shortform version of what i said lol

  19. #179
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Posts
    10
    So i guess we can forget about good releases ever going in cuz 2k dont seem to care. Just aim for slightly early and prey it will go in. Anybody have jumpshot suggestions?

  20. #180
    Quote Originally Posted by refael1998 View Post
    Hello im new to 2k . I got 35k to uprage my player . Im PF 6"8 slashin strech four. And why it is so hard to score? Im shooting and cant score even when dunking
    Well the slashing sort of eliminates the strech part of your character.

  21. #181
    I must agree with most people on this thread, the shot make percentage or mechanic is definitely horrible and needs tweeking. I could understand that 2k doesnt want us draining every shot, i believe its better to have more than not enough. Stating that you basically cant make anything unless its green and by the way this is on pro difficulty!

    Ive had every single nba 2k that has came out im not a noob, i played my career on superstar difficulty in the past. So telling us that we are not good or we are doing something wrong is not a solution but just a argument at this point. I shoot and get fully whites almost everytime, the green doesnt proc everytime you fill the meter which it should.

    Another note is how we miss all these open shots fully white with high attributes but leave a cpu with 75 rating three open and you can bet your last dollar hes making that shot. Some of us out here with midrange shot in the 90s fully white still a miss thats unacceptable whats not broken dont fix, what ever mechanic you guys did this year is horrible. I pretty much get my points from driving if not ill average a %300 field goal.

  22. #182
    I'm scoring much easier now, played a few games last night, dropped 48 with 45% FG. Still missed 4 wide open 3s(which I'm rated an 80), still missed a lot of catch & shoot mid range shots(of which I have a silver catch & shoot badge), still can't hit a moving shot to save my life(difficult shots badge near silver). Guess I'll just make my living @ the rim(still missing lots of layups though)...

  23. #183
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Posts
    6
    I’m doing my gm and my shots aren’t going down. Last year I didn’t have this problem.i followed my guys timing and let go. But this year I’m missing literally wide open shots. I really don’t know what to do. I finish a game at 32%.im not expecting to make all my shots no but come on

  24. #184
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    3
    [QUOTE=Steelerman;14934759]
    Quote Originally Posted by mortiis View Post
    why are all of you people always crying? this is sim game...and ofcourse they are gonna miss open shots,that happens in real life a lot of times...[/QUOT

    I agree that in real life they " occasionally " miss wide open shots and yes it's a sim game but in real life they don't shoot over 90 percent like the CPU does in this game. I play 2k 17 all the time and it plays much more realistic. There is a huge difference between the shooting success in this year's version compared to last year's, thats all im saying, go spend time with both and you will see what we're saying.
    I agree with you because I played both and it obvious 2k was more focused on getting peoples money this year.

  25. #185
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    236
    Lol why do guys get on this thread and tell us why we SHOULD miss shots but not address the cpu percentage.

    You arent staying on the topic of the thread.

    No one has ever posted that they should make every shot.

    Almost everyone has posted a comparison of the shots the cpu makes vs user.

    Its not that i dont wanna miss at all. But if quincy acy makes a contested fadeaway three, i better make my wide open set feet with jj reddick. Dont come on here off topic dismissing a real issue.

  26. #186
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    7
    There are times where i seem to get on a roll early on, get 15+ points, some nice rebounds (around 5-9 at halftime) and maybe a assist or 2. But then in comes the AI balance hammer, and you enter a unexplainable shooting slump, that sees your shooting percentage drop from 80 to 30%. Litterly everything just misses. Its like the game pre determines that you are too good, and just flunks you instead.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •