Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Shooting Discussion

All is good with me and 2k now. LOLOL! So when the game first came out (September 15) I had the standard edition, because I pre-ordered in May, back when I was still a die-hard Kyrie fan, back when he was still on the Cavs. So anyways, I had that Kyrie t-shirt for my myplayer. This is a prime example of karma. I was just laughing at all of the people who were getting their players deleted and I didn't know it was in the barber shop... well... you know what happens next. i went a while without the shirt until today... A 2K representative said she would move the shirt to my new myplayer's closet!!! I didn't even know they could do that. TBH that's one of the only 2 reason's why I pre-ordered that early. One, because Kyrie was on the cover in a cavs jersey, and two, because of that shirt because I have a shirt that just like that one, except the logo is like purple-orangish. I'm never burning the Kyrie Irving Cavs jersey that I have in my closet. I'm going to somehow get it signed by Kyrie and all the other members of the cavs and get it framed. This game would've been the best 2K game ever to me had Kyrie not requested to be traded. I know I had some run-on sentences and improper punctuation, but I don't care, IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flexkill View Post
    This may help some of you. Good luck guys, it's very hard this year but I am getting better.

I already tried this, and it's great, but I don't feel comfortable with it. Some may think otherwise, but ever since 2K16 I've just use all of Kyrie Irving's animations and dribble moves because he's the main player I use when I'm not in mycareer. 7/10 times I get green, or break ankles (as long as ball handling is above 85). As long as shooting is around 81, I'm good. i'm not playing park, until I'm an 87 though.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 12-02-2017 at 12:45 AM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the edit function

Any advice on a way to get my jump shooters open?
    Grizzlies, Texans, Iowa Energy

Shooting in 2k18 is trash

Im literally a Pure stretch five, getting excited when i make 2 threes in a row?? I have tried over 10 jump shots so no one can say its my jump shot, plus a jump shot shouldn't determine you hitting a shot consistently. I am convinced its my account, that 2k purposefully makes certain people bad to create balance because not only can i not shoot on my stretch five with badges, i cant shoot with my pure sharpshooting PG, WITH LIMITLESS RANGE HALL OF FAME. im sick of this game, its terrible, yet a sharpshooting playmaker can shoot better than my pure sharpshooter yup, love it.

Midrange Jumper and Layps Harder to make than Threes?

Why does the game suck so bad this year? Hitting midrange jumpers is nearly impossible. I'll be wide open with Michael Jordan, near perfect shot meter and still miss a midrange jumper. Forget trying to score with guys like Luc Longly. Steve Kerr is apparently god to you people apparently because he coaches the Warriors.

Honestly, 3pt shooting is not anny better then mid range or layups this year. As for the shot meter, that because they made it so this year, even if you get a full stot meter, it only gives you a chance at getting a perfect release, thus creating lots of "Good" shots that seem to miss more often then Late/Early releases do. While some players have badges that mitigate this (Like the Corner 3 one), it remains a gambe at best, and all players, not just Jordan can suffer at the hands of this new aprouch to shooting.

Good luck in the future.

Im way more accurate from 3 than midrange, its crazy. I created a midrange build and dude is better percentage-wise from 3 and the paint.

I can't hit Any Layps and im 95 in it

Well, after getting a Shot Creating Sharpshooter all the way to 78 OVR, ive officialy given up on him. I'm tired of every player i make being FORCED into slashing gameplay just to get buckets, especialy since now the whole 3pt line is a cold zone for my sharp. I have 80 3pt open shooting/contested shooting and i miss every 3pt shot i take. Been trying diferent jumpshots, but each time i test them on mycourt, they feel so different then when i play a mycareer game (it feels like it bugs out causing each release to be superspeedy instead of the speed i set it to in the creator).

I'm just tired of it ruining my games with these mised shots piling up, and no, timing isnt an issue if the afore mentioned inconsitancy in release speed wasn't happening. It's like the game ordinarily runs at 50% speed, then when you start a match, it switches to 150% speed, the jumpers just never feel the same.

Im .800 in park and drop shots in faces, open, behind screens so i aint hearing none of this.

Gl

j2y, gratz on your stats, but just to note, i meant MyCareer season games, not the online games. In single players matches it just feels like the game speed is amped up kind of like in 2kU training games where every player is fast as the flash. Only in this case its only in the shooting motion, like it resets to default speed despite of what you set it too in shot creator.

With my pure sharp i average around a 100, around 96% of my shots are from 3.im positive theres a setting to slow the game speed down.

Edit:I definitely feel the difference when adjusting speeds in shot creator.

Shooting on 2k18 has become a joke. How is it that a sharpshooter can miss wide open uncontested 3s? But yet hit one with two defenders riding his back? Makes ZERO sense! Or how is my sharpshooter able to dunk on defenders when his driving dunk is only a 56! Again makes no sense! I messaged support and was told basically the devs can make changes to jump shots when they want too to keep the game more competitive because when players find a jumper that is working for them they don't want it exploited to create an unfair advantage! What advantage! I spent my time and money to create a player I wanted and invested time and money for VC to upgrade his attributes only for the devs to modify something I paid for without my consent and I'm sure I am not the only person experiencing this. But at the same time they aren't modifying the computer controlled NBA players to compensate for the change they made to your player. I completely understand you can't hit every shot but also how does a player who has a very high shooting rating from 3 shoot very low percentages taking good shots or even wide open uncontested shots wile the computer controlled NBA players don't miss these same shots! You've made the game very one sided and pretty much unplayable. It seems you have created a product to only get buyers to spend money hoping they will have the same success as the past games and have the same success as current NBA players on the game but in reality they never will. And yes I have the email from support stating what I just said.

How about fixing the sharpshooting so they can actually hit 3s and stop making changes to peoples jump shots because you think they are unfair and create an advantage. I mean I am paying for it right!

Why is the 3 point shooting so awful? I have a sharpshooter and he misses wide open uncontested 3s continuously with near perfect shot meters. I received a response from support saying that the devs tweak or modify jump shots all the time to prevent players from exploiting a certain shot to give them an unfair advantage. Ok what advantage is that? I mean I am paying for something and for the devs to change it just because they think it's unfair is unethical and just plain wrong! I understand I will not hit every shot but a sharpshooter with a very high 3 point rating should not be shooting in the mid 30% range taking good shots and even uncontested wide open shots! This issue is something that not just me but a large amount if not more than the majority of all players are experiencing. It's needs to be fixed please.

Please fix the 3 point shooting. No logical explanation can be given as to why a sharpshooter is missing wide open uncontested shots! Other than the devs tweak shots to keep the competition fair and to prevent players from exploiting a certain jumper. I have the email from support stating this. Please fix this issue and don't delete my thread.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:16 AM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the edit function

Quote Originally Posted by Steelerman View Post
    Is it just me or is shooting harder this year? I seem to be missing a lot of wide open shots even when my meter is almost green.
    Yea man, I'm with you on this one. Something isn't quite right. I take wide open and open shots with a "good" release and miss way too often. I've spent countless hours working on shot releases so when I get a "Good" release on an open shot or wide open shot, I shouldn't see as many misses as I do.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456