Thread: The Lost

The Lost

I like the Lost. Its new, its fun, the swarms that move toward you, the lost attacking advent, picking them off one by one. Using explosives or the Lost Lure to summon lost to engage the enemy opens up new tactics.

As for potential improvements., I wonder if there might be a rare Lost creature that retained its intelligence. Is there a lost that can infect humans with a virus that turns them into a Lost? Do the Aliens have a research facility where they are studying the lost? A research facility where human captives are held waiting to be rescued before they are turned into the Lost. What if there was a dark event that increased the size of Lost Pods or unlocked a new more deadly type of Lost created by a research project gone awry? What if there was a convert action to find the Lost Research Center before its Alien scientists can create more deadly forms of the Lost. If the Lost Research Center is not taken down quickly its scientists may release a superior Lost creature that has advantages and disadvantages - perhaps one with the sharp claws of the Faceless, the rapid movement of a Lost Dasher and an infectious bite that turns its victim into a Lost.
    Last edited by EPF; 1 Week Ago at 04:26 PM.

The Stream Workshop mod: World War L improves on the Lost. They are more challenging. Dashers climb walls to reach you. Those killed by the Lost become a Lost.

I am LOVING the lost. They are a ton of fun. Thanks for the good ideas and telling about the mod. I think it would be fun to have missions where the lost are running rampant in a civilian population zone and we have to rescue as many civilians as possible.

I find myself choosing lost missions even if the reward isn't as good. I haven't looked in the ini's yet, but does anyone know which folder the swarm size is? Would it be in game data?

I like the Lost. Its new, its fun, the swarms that move toward you, the lost attacking advent, picking them off one by one. Using explosives or the Lost Lure to summon lost to engage the enemy opens up new tactics.
    Did you know that lost, generally, don't attack advent, but go for you? Chances are 30 (advent) / 70 (you). So explosives is a bad idea all the time (well, unless you are overpowered already and want to have some extra exp). There is a mod which makes it 50/50, but it seems to me it still works not as intended and lost attack me most of time, ignoring advents even when they are near. True lost should attack nearest non-lost, wonder if there is such a mod.

Quote Originally Posted by Zizin View Post
    Did you know that lost, generally, don't attack advent, but go for you? Chances are 30 (advent) / 70 (you). So explosives is a bad idea all the time (well, unless you are overpowered already and want to have some extra exp). There is a mod which makes it 50/50, but it seems to me it still works not as intended and lost attack me most of time, ignoring advents even when they are near. True lost should attack nearest non-lost, wonder if there is such a mod.
    Hmmm. Maybe there's an ini file that specifies it that you can edit? I haven't dug very deep, but I found the one that tells how many turns it takes between swarm spawns and cranked it up to spawn a lot more. (Haven't had any Lost missions yet, but I'll let you know how it goes.) I'm pretty busy this weekend, but if I have time, I'll see if I can find the percentage attack advent file so you can edit it to your liking. I bet it's in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill365 View Post
    I think it would be fun to have missions where the lost are running rampant in a civilian population zone and we have to rescue as many civilians as possible.
    Agreed.

Mission: Save civilians from lost before they become infected.

Special: Civilians killed by lost become a lost (World War L Mod)

Background: City map is populated by lots of civilians that are fleeing, hiding from the Lost. Pods of active Lost are in all areas of the map. The Lost rapidly grow in number as they slay more civilians. Advent soldiers are fighting the Lost. The Lost are aided by a reaper turned evil and his henchmen "snipers". These snipers target Advent soldiers and Resistance PCs with sniper fire. The reaper triggers remote explosions (Hint: Avoid vehicles). The evil reaper evacuates from the map if the Lost are defeated.

For this mission, one strategy is for the PC party to separate. This will allow them to slay the maximum number of lost in the least amount of time. The downside is that if the lone PC encounters an enemy pod it will be one against many. The alternative strategy would be to move through the map in a group. Though safer, this will allow the Lost to infect many more humans with the Lost virus.

Result: PCs discover that someone is using the Lost as a weapon. The mission introduces 1) a new Lost variant AND unlocks 2) a Reaper covert mission path: Lost Conspiracy I, Lost Conspiracy II, Lost Conspiracy III. The final mission leads to an assault on a research center run by the AI Julian (from Shen's Last Gift) and his human cohorts. AI Julian wants to use the Lost to kill Advent and Humans. As the game progresses Julian's research unlocks new lost variants (aka the Chosen Advantages Mechanic).
    Last edited by EPF; 3 Hours Ago at 06:33 AM.

Agreed.

Mission: Save civilians from lost before they become infected.
    Too far from "Humans vs Aliens" theme.