Thread: What if WWE buys TNA/GFW?

If WWE buys TNA/GFW which PPVS would you guys like to see?

If WWE buys TNA/GFW which PPVs would you guys like to see?

I think we discussed this in a old thread, although I can’t find it at the moment...

Anyway, it’s a shame what has become of that company, as it seems they can never catch a break. They used to be THE alternative to tune into. This is where I would point to the good in them getting potentially bought out...

The video library would be worth the purchase imo. Think of all the merchandise they could push!
    Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta

YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Semi-Final Matches

No that’s not it but thanks for looking. I actually just found it and was coming here to post the link

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...7#post14784637

The thread was about Dixie stepping down, and what do you know there’s me in post #2 talking about them buying the video library already lol.

I don't think there is any appeal for the WWE to buy TNA/GFW.

The WWE is full of talent (not only as in "in-ring workers" but as in "wrestlers who are really talented") and there is barely space for even half that talent to be properly portrayed. Whatever problem the WWE has is creatively-wise (and not really much, since the brand split it has been improving it's TV product by quite a lot) and it's not gonna be solved by getting TNA/GFW in-ring talent or even worse TNA/GFW creative minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    No that’s not it but thanks for looking. I actually just found it and was coming here to post the link

https://forums.2k.com/showthread.php...3Anthem+owl%94

The thread was about Dixie stepping down, and what do you know there’s me in post #2 talking about them buying the video library lol.
    Given that the AAA partnership has hit is stride with the AAA VS GFW fued going on it doesnt seem the company is do for and for all the adminstrative issues the company has had the actual show has be good the Alberto fiasco ruined a nice fued between him and LAX. Eli Drake is showing just how good he is and could be the next best thing GFW/TNA built from stratch since EC3. the backastage stuff is overshadowing the good work the talent is doing including Alberto funny enough i'm pissed at him for messing up the momentum he was building plus he was have good matches with ec3, drake , and Lashley. if the library was bought by WWE unbreakable 2005 Styles vs Daniles would be the first thing i rewatch great match from a story telling and emotional standpoint.

Owner did you edit your original post and change the question or am I crazy lol?

Anyway. Ultimate X match would be awesome.

Yep, the post was changed...

MOD NOTE: He's changed it back again.
    Last edited by Zeokage; 1 Week Ago at 11:36 AM.
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Semi-Final Matches

i think he's imitating rody piper
    when we thought we had the answers he changed the questions

Quote Originally Posted by elric6 View Post
    i think he's imitating rody piper
    when we thought we had the answers he changed the questions
    Sorry but I wasn't. Something popped in my brain to asked you guys which TNA PPVs would you guys like to have in a WWE Video game?

Well I guess the only good thing IMO to come out of a TNA/GFW purchase has just gone straight out the window...

Impact is launching their own network with classic content. I literally knew nothing about this lol. The details are in the link below.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/glo...etwork-launch/

BTW I don’t even know what question I’m even answering at this point

Quote Originally Posted by Top Heel View Post
    I don't think there is any appeal for the WWE to buy TNA/GFW.

The WWE is full of talent (not only as in "in-ring workers" but as in "wrestlers who are really talented") and there is barely space for even half that talent to be properly portrayed. Whatever problem the WWE has is creatively-wise (and not really much, since the brand split it has been improving it's TV product by quite a lot) and it's not gonna be solved by getting TNA/GFW in-ring talent or even worse TNA/GFW creative minds.
    Hasn't NXT been kinda thin since the brand split purged their roster?

Vince could buy the video library of TNA/GWF and pawn off any talent to Triple H to deal with.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    Well I guess the only good thing IMO to come out of a TNA/GFW purchase has just gone straight out the window...

Impact is launching their own network with classic content. I literally knew nothing about this lol. The details are in the link below.

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/glo...etwork-launch/

BTW I don’t even know what question I’m even answering at this point
    That's ok, they can go ahead and start a network. Chances are they'll fail at that just like they have done with the company over the last few years. I'd be surprised if they even get any real decent subscription #s.

I don't understand the hate for GFW and its product. It is actually really good and entertaining, I tune in weekly since I have th POP network. They always mix up their wrestlers to battle everyone on the roster instead of the same feuds just continuing week in and week out. I get complacent seeing the same 2 or 4 guys fight every week, in WWE they just practice with the same guy or tag and they can't actually take on anyone else on the roster. Not every fight has to be some long winded scripted drama where the 2 guys have 14 fights. I like the mix up, I like seeing different people fighting weekly.
    I love the addition of Jim Cornette. It's fun to have MMA guys in the mix. The talent is nowhere near mediocre, that is why WWE keeps trying to push TNA/GFW guys. Styles, Roode, EY, Hardys, McIntyre the list goes on, of TNA/GFW guys that came over and got a title around their waist immediately. Sure, some of these guys had a past with WWE but they are now getting the bigger push since they came over from TNA/GFW.

I know I'm on a WWE forum, but at least watch their show before you bash it. Enjoy it for what it is, don't hate it because it's not WWE.

I'd say use some of the names for Takeover events. "NXT Takeover: Genesis", "NXT Takeover: Lockdown" and "NXT Takeover: Final Resolution" sound much better than just Takeover: London.
    If you believe in "roster slots" you probably believe in Reptilian Overlords too.
    WWE 2K YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLT...5Hoy8Vw8CRN5-w

WWE has some of their latest talent from TNA (Bobby Roode, Drew (Galloway), Eric from Sanity, not to mention AJ, Angle, and the Hardy's. WWE has a knack for getting talent that is top notch from TNA, because money talks.

Quote Originally Posted by SomeLoveMe OthersLoveMe View Post
    I don't understand the hate for GFW and its product. It is actually really good and entertaining, I tune in weekly since I have th POP network. They always mix up their wrestlers to battle everyone on the roster instead of the same feuds just continuing week in and week out. I get complacent seeing the same 2 or 4 guys fight every week, in WWE they just practice with the same guy or tag and they can't actually take on anyone else on the roster. Not every fight has to be some long winded scripted drama where the 2 guys have 14 fights. I like the mix up, I like seeing different people fighting weekly.
    I love the addition of Jim Cornette. It's fun to have MMA guys in the mix. The talent is nowhere near mediocre, that is why WWE keeps trying to push TNA/GFW guys. Styles, Roode, EY, Hardys, McIntyre the list goes on, of TNA/GFW guys that came over and got a title around their waist immediately. Sure, some of these guys had a past with WWE but they are now getting the bigger push since they came over from TNA/GFW.

I know I'm on a WWE forum, but at least watch their show before you bash it. Enjoy it for what it is, don't hate it because it's not WWE.
    Exactly and as I said before the AAA partnership has started to pay dividends especially now that the LU guys have a bigger role on the show name Fantasma (King Cuerno), Texano , Johnny many last names lol. Eli Drake has shone as champ. EC is great. Alberto has had some sweet matches before Airportgate. I love the LAX vignettes