View Poll Results: What did you think of this episode?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll

0 0%

0 0%

1 20.00%

3 60.00%

1 20.00%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

0 0%

Thread: WWE SmackDown #947 - 10/10/17 - Hell In A Cell Fallout *SPOILERS*

Arrow WWE SmackDown #947 - 10/10/17 - Hell In A Cell Fallout *SPOILERS*

SmackDown LIVE, Oct. 10, 2017 preview: Hell In A Cell Fallout

What happened at the Hell In A Cell Event? Did any Championships change hands? Were there any shocks that shook/are set to shake-up the SmackDown roster? What's next for the blue brand? Find out on SmackDown LIVE, tonight at 8/7 C on USA Network!

• Owens/McMahon...who won?

Though the intense Hell in a Cell Match between Shane McMahon and Kevin Owens gave the WWE Universe plenty of jaw-dropping moments to discuss, the most-talked about instance of the match came when Sami Zayn pulled KO out of the way of Shane-O-Mac, who leapt off the top of the Cell in hopes of ending his rivalry with Owens with a definitive elbow drop.

Zayn’s actions were in direct contrast to the warnings he gave the SmackDown LIVE Commissioner in recent weeks, telling him about the lengths Owens, his former best friend, would go to. Will Zayn explain why he helped KO claim victory at WWE Hell in a Cell?

• Who is the WWE United States Champion?

AJ Styles may have been knocked down after Baron Corbin dethroned him as United States Champion at WWE Hell in a Cell, but The Phenomenal One has no intention of staying down.

As he alluded to on Talking Smack following the WWE Network special, Styles will be invoking his rematch clause to challenge The Lone Wolf for the star-spangled title tonight on SmackDown LIVE. Can Styles put an end to Corbin’s reign before it gets going, or will the champion back up his brash attitude with another victory?

• Becky Lynch and Carmella square off

Natalya asserted her dominance over the SmackDown LIVE Women’s division at WWE Hell in a Cell when she opted to bash Charlotte Flair’s leg with a steel chair to hold on to her SmackDown Women’s Title, though she lost the match by disqualification.

Tonight on SmackDown LIVE, two of the division’s top competitors will look to establish themselves as next in line for a title opportunity, as Becky Lynch battles Ms. Money in the Bank, Carmella. Who can gain ground in the race for the next opportunity at Natalya’s title?

• Is is still a New Day or are we all inside of The Uso Penitentiary?

In the first ever Tag Team Championship Match contested inside Hell in a Cell, The Usos survived a war with The New Day to capture the SmackDown Tag Team Titles, their fifth tandem championship.

It is often said that Hell in a Cell is a match that will change a Superstar’s career, and Jimmy & Jey certainly looked to be banged up on WWE Talking Smack. How will Sunday’s brutal battle affect the new champions and any team who may want to step up to them? Find out tonight on SmackDown LIVE at 8/7 C on USA Network!
    IN MEMORY OF THE LATE AND GREAT EDDIE GUERRERO
    🔥VIVA LA RAZA🔥
    I LIE | I CHEAT | I STEAL

COZZA'S SMACKDOWN REVIEW;

• The Uso's made their way to the ring. They spoke about their victory at Hell in a Cell before inviting The New Day to the ring. The two teams exchanged words before discussing having another match. The rest of the tag teams on SmackDown made their way down to ringside all asking for a Championship match. Daniel Bryan made his way out and told The New Day and The Uso's to leave the ring so that the remaining four teams can fight to decide who challenges The Uso's for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships. Does Daniel forget that The New Day have a contractual rematch or is not letting that clause be put in effect? I guess we'll have to wait and see what happens. (7.5/10)

1. Chad Gable/Shelton Benjamin vs. Breezango vs. The Ascension vs. The Hype Bro's + Winning team faces The Uso's for the WWE SmackDown Tag Team Championships (7/10);
    - This was a good match. Chad Gable and Shelton Benjamin got the victory and earned the right to face The Uso's at a time/date to be determined. Chad Gable/Shelton Benjamin won via Pinfall - Tyler Breeze pinned by Shelton Benjamin.

• Natalya was backstage reminiscing her match with Charlotte. Lana and Tamina made their way in and spoke about Tamina getting a Championship match. Moments later Charlotte entered and a comment that Natalya made about Flairs father Ric caused Charlotte to attack Natalya until the two were separated. (7/10)

• Baron Corbin had a quick interview where he spoke about becoming WWE United States Champion and facing AJ Styles later in the night. (7/10)

2. Carmella w/ James Ellsworth vs. Becky Lynch (7/10);
    - This was a short and good match. Becky Lynch defeated Carmella after forcing Carmella to tapout to the Dis-Arm-Her.
    Becky Lynch won via Submission.

• Kevin Owens made his way to the ring to talk about his victory over Shane McMahon at the Hell in a Cell Event. He then invited Sami Zayn to the ring so that Zayn could explain why he did what he did. After his explanation was given, both Owens and Zayn embraced eachother with hugs and both telling the WWE Universe to give either cheers and adulation. (8/10)

3. Aiden English/Rusev vs. Shinsuke Nakamura/Randy Orton (7/10);
    - This was a short match in which Shinsuke Nakamura got the victory for his team. Shinsuke Nakamura/Randy Orton won via Pinfall.

• AJ Styles spoke about his match against Baron Corbin where he has his rematch where he can recapture his WWE United States Championship. He spoke about not allowing Baron Corbin leave the arena with his Championship. (7.5/10)

• Erick Rowan & Luke Harper had a promo where they spoke about a few things. I was expecting them to team up again. Hopefully they just stay together this time as they keep breaking up and getting together as a team. (7.5/10)

• Bobby Roode made his way to the ring. He spoke about what happened at the WWE Hell In A Cell Event. Moments later Dolph Ziggler made his way out onto the stage and also made comments about their match at the event. They then spoke about having a rematch and Ziggler teased accepting the rematch, however he'd leave before even entering the ring. (7/10)

4. AJ Styles vs. Baron Corbin (c) + WWE United States Championship (7.5/10);
    - This was a good match. Baron Corbin got the victory again over AJ Styles and then had some words for the WWE Universe after his victory. Baron Corbin won via Pinfall.

OVERALL EPISODE RATING: 80/11 = 7.27* = 7/10.
    Last edited by COZZA SAID SO; 1 Week Ago at 06:32 PM.
    IN MEMORY OF THE LATE AND GREAT EDDIE GUERRERO
    🔥VIVA LA RAZA🔥
    I LIE | I CHEAT | I STEAL

Must say I like the Uce Truce. Won't last, but nice promo.
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

I hope any team but the Hype Bros win
    Sierra Hotel India Echo Lima Delta

Sucks to see him eating them all the time, but Rusev takes an RKO about as good as RVD ever did.

That outfit Carmella has been wearing recently, though. Meltzer was drooling over her a bit on his podcast too when she first started wearing it a couple months ago. Wonder how long it'll be before they force her to change it or start wearing shorts under like Naomi or Lana.
    Handsome Rusev for WWE Champion!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Cynical View Post
    Sucks to see him eating them all the time, but Rusev takes an RKO about as good as RVD ever did.

That outfit Carmella has been wearing recently, though. Meltzer was drooling over her a bit on his podcast too when she first started wearing it a couple months ago. Wonder how long it'll be before they force her to change it or start wearing shorts under like Naomi or Lana.
    I don't see the big deal. Though I kind of have a thing for bare midriffs.
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

Looks like Harper and Rowan are returning.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    Yawn lol. Great for those who are interested.

Is it just me or has almost every promo on SD been awkward tonight...

Im personally happy to see this. At least Harper anyway. I’m willing to give the gimmick a chance (not sure what it is yet), but the name doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue for me. The Bludgeon Brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    Is it just me or has almost every promo on SD been awkward tonight...
    I liked the opening one. But yeah, the rest are...something.

Quote Originally Posted by thecarolinabull View Post
    Yawn lol. Great for those who are interested.
    Rowan was never the most exciting, but come on man Harper has had some pretty matches. He deserves at least a little hype.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Rowan was never the most exciting, but come on man Harper has had some pretty matches. He deserves at least a little hype.
    I love Harper. I’m happy to see them at least doing something with him. Idk why they haven’t utilized him more either. I think he’s a good overall guy, and I’ve always liked him better than Wyatt for some reason.

I really couldn't care less about them, along with 99% of the roster right now. And believe me I try.

Quote Originally Posted by thecarolinabull View Post
    I liked the opening one. But yeah, the rest are...something.
    Yeah I thought it was just me, but the Bobby Roode promo seemed like he had forgotten everything he was supposed to say or something. There were like 4 awkward pauses when he was talking lol

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    Yeah I thought it was just me, but the Bobby Roode promo seemed like he had forgotten everything he was supposed to say or something. There were like 4 awkward pauses when he was talking lol
    Honestly I was trying not to listen because of Dolph.

Does anyone think that the Orton/Shinsuke match was for like a WWE Network thing 5 years from now, like Top 10 Wrestlers You Didn't Know Tagged Together, kinda thing?

Harper and Rowan... The Bludgeon Brothers. Now don't get me wrong, I love a good gimmick, but they sound like Super Mario bad guys.

Wonder if Roode will be elevated quickly to be another top guy, seeing as Smackdown is lacking in the upper card department.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    Harper and Rowan... The Bludgeon Brothers. Now don't get me wrong, I love a good gimmick, but they sound like Super Mario bad guys.

Wonder if Roode will be elevated quickly to be another top guy, seeing as Smackdown is lacking in the upper card department.
    I hate the name, but another tag team? SD needs one that might be legit. Hype Bros are done, and Breezedango and Acension are mainly jobbers (though Breezedango is entertaining). Plus, it's the only tag that is physical compared to acrobatic in style.

Roode will most likely be involved in a title match soon. I like that he is a face instead of a heel. Could have him go for the US title, and have AJ face Mahal. Or have Roode finish off Ziggler