Thread: Please change the joystick submission system on Road to Glory

Please change the joystick submission system on Road to Glory

Finally I'm able to play Road to Glory. Thank you for that patch.

BUT..................... The joystick submission system is just HORRIBLE. I've been trying to win a match for like 30 minutes cause no one could fill the red circle. It's too hard to win by submission cause of the delay on the controller response.

People at least should be able to choose what submission system they want to use on Road to Glory. Or just change it for the classic button smash (it would work a lot better online).

I'm never going to play submission matches online. There is no fun playing like that.

At the beginning of MyPlayer, you choose what Submission system you prefer. Does that not carry over to RTG? That's pretty awful, if true.
    "I'm trying to find a place with peace. And if not, then let's fill it with mayhem." - "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Itchweeed View Post
    At the beginning of MyPlayer, you choose what Submission system you prefer. Does that not carry over to RTG? That's pretty awful, if true.
    Pretty sure all online play is analog instead of buttons

I changed the submission system on My Career, but I can't do the same on Road to Glory. That system works only vs CPU or playing on lan. It kills the online experience.

Online uses uniform setting, stick subs, no blood, no targeting ref or tag partner even if you have something different on your in game settings.

As it should be uniform. how would a match go if you use button mashing sub and i use analog?

otherwise you then split the online community into even smaller groups of setting and getting a match will take longer.

I will never favor a button mashing mini game
    SoullessKasidy - Beast++

Luke Gallows T / Kane T/ Luke Gallows M / Cena nuff John Cena* SS17 / Asuka M / Carmella M

Yes it sucks but luckily only one day of that, and luckily win or loss isn't really big deal just stars. I got me four stars and if I couldn't win I just let them submit me and win and I get my stars and move on.

i just skip days i don't like the match type. got 20 stars today, do that in like 1hr 1/2, 5 days easy.
    SoullessKasidy - Beast++

Luke Gallows T / Kane T/ Luke Gallows M / Cena nuff John Cena* SS17 / Asuka M / Carmella M

Button mashing isn't the answer. What is is fixing the sub. We need a new system.
    If you want WWF buy a WWF game.

Which is weird to place ROAD TO GLORY and MyCAREER in MyPLAYER, like there wouldn't be any differences.

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMAJPAGIE View Post
    Button mashing isn't the answer. What is is fixing the sub. We need a new system.
    Neither is that. We're talking about online here. He mentioned a delay.
    It's, um, Double!

Quote Originally Posted by Double-H215 View Post
    Which is weird to place ROAD TO GLORY and MyCAREER in MyPLAYER, like there wouldn't be any differences.

Neither is that. We're talking about online here. He mentioned a delay.
    I didn't notice any delay online... Just a rubbish system everyone hates.
    If you want WWF buy a WWF game.

No, everyone does not hate it. There's a little, there's some and a lot. And if I can remember, at least on this forum, the majority doesn't seem to have a problem with it. I don't either. As a matter of fact, I actually like it.

But, what do you prefer? I would think that being specific is important after getting an alternative submission system last year and a new one the year before That. Obviously the developers wouldn't know what would be best for some players. Even though, the last two were fans suggested.
    Last edited by Double-H215; 5 Days Ago at 09:06 PM.
    It's, um, Double!

not everyone

I certainly don't hate the system. I still haven't mastered this year's version of it, and it's contributed to several early losses in RtG, but I can't abide button mashing so it's better for me than that. I'm sure once I get the hang of it's full intricacies- as I did last year and the year before that- I'll have no issues whatsoever.

I probably won't ever win in RtG by submission, though.
    UNION Wrestling Season 2 moves towards UNEASY ALLIANCE! (here)
    ReverseLegSweep: MyPlayer Misadventures diary coming soon!
    WWE 2K Wiki (here) 2K/YUKE'S Characters (here) WW-Eek Alt. WWE Universe (here)

I like the submission system. But it took me a while until I understood it. I don't have problems filling the circle.
    Best to go, get the life red and the body part your move targets on as far down as possible. Then you have good chances to win.
    And don't forget, that a heavy weight shouldn't try technical moves...they are way too clumsy. As high flyer are way too weak to apply strong submission moves.

The only issue is the lag or whatever it is. But it seems to be related to the connection between the players. Sometimes I have nearly no lag and it is nearly as smooth as in single player and sometimes...

Pressing buttons...well. I once saw a controller who did the repeating itself. So no button pressing for me. And that wouldn't undo the lag.
    And...I doubt you can set up button and circle equally against each other.

Well, and I'm terrible with button smashing.

As a tip, when it lags...think ahead and you can predict the movement of your opponent to catch him.