Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Emma Released (among others)!

Quote Originally Posted by JediSlayer View Post
    Emma > over-hyped Sasha Banks
    Now that I agree with.
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

Quote Originally Posted by thecarolinabull View Post
    Now that I agree with.
    I actually like Sasha.

Emma has always been kinda meh to me, while she turned things around I think goofy Emma had always just left a bad taste in my mouth. Her first gimmick pretty much spoiled Emma forever for me.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

The fact that the WWE released Emma after putting on a great PPV match with freaking Asuka, wherein Emma totally outshined Asuka in every capacity, is just further proof that the WWE has no idea what they're doing, or should be doing, with their talent.
    See also the woeful misuse of Braun Strowman, Nia Jax, and The Miz among others.
    Blue Was the Beautiful You
    http://forumofsolitude.proboards.com/

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    I actually like Sasha.

Emma has always been kinda meh to me, while she turned things around I think goofy Emma had always just left a bad taste in my mouth. Her first gimmick pretty much spoiled Emma forever for me.
    I wouldn't call myself a fan of Emma's, I just appreciated her wirk during the match with Asuka. I didn't see "goofy" Emma since I wasn't watching WWE at the time.

I like Sasha about as much as I do Brock Lesnar. Actually I shouldn't say that since I can at least sit through her matches.
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

I actually like Sasha.

Sasha is "ok" but she just seems sloppy every time I watch her matches. I hated the goofy Emma, but liked her heel gimmick...
    Either way, I enjoyed her matches over Banks' ....

Sasha is sloppy and frankly is overrated to a ridiculous degree. She's basically John Cena, the internet just hasn't realized it yet.
    Blue Was the Beautiful You
    http://forumofsolitude.proboards.com/

Emma's WWE career summed up:
    1. Emma debuts alongside Santino Marella as a comedic act.
    2. Emma gets arrested in Hartford.
    3. WWE tries to fire Emma, but takes her back, mostly to "save face".
    4. Emma becomes "Emmalina", and gets 4+ months of vignettes, all for nothing.
    5. Emma does the "job" for the incoming Asuka so no one else has to take the loss.
    6. Emma is canned...again.

Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated is reporting WWE ultimately released Emma this week due to ‘considerable’ heat she had with the company.

Emma reportedly made enemies with some of the members of the writing staff over time, and this was made worse due to her being so vocal about her WWE status on Twitter. It was noted that some viewed her exit as “addition by subtraction” in the locker room.

Barrasso noted Emma’s release was said to send a message to the WWE locker room, citing recent departures by Jimmy Jacobs and Neville, and Nia Jax’s leave of absence that talent will take note about this moving forward.
    http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/8967...hVfGXPUHw8c.99
    Last edited by Zeokage; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:44 AM. Reason: Multiple posts, please use the Edit option.

So is Barrasso confirming Neville has gone, or is this just more typical dirtsheet guff?

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingVIP View Post
    Sounds like the kind of trouble I'd get into if I was a WWE wrestler. That and the inability to stop using non-PG language in promos

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingVIP View Post
    Emma's WWE career summed up:
    1. Emma debuts alongside Santino Marella as a comedic act.
    2. Emma gets arrested in Hartford.
    3. WWE tries to fire Emma, but takes her back, mostly to "save face".
    4. Emma becomes "Emmalina", and gets 4+ months of vignettes, all for nothing.
    5. Emma does the "job" for the incoming Asuka so no one else has to take the loss.
    6. Emma is canned...again.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/8967...hVfGXPUHw8c.99
    If I was Emma and I had to put up with some of that...I would have some issues with creative too. Honestly, Creative for WWE is not that great most the time....

I bet if John Cena had heat with the creative...they would back down But hey, Emma did not take enough risks.....</s>

If I was Emma and I had to put up with some of that...I would have some issues with creative too. Honestly, Creative for WWE is not that great most the time....

I bet if John Cena had heat with the creative...they would back down But hey, Emma did not take enough risks.....</s>
    Titus O'Neil was nearly fired for touching Vince's arm, and yet people wonder why no one "takes risks". If Steve Austin hadn't requested a change of character, "Stone Cold" wouldn't exist and the Ringmaster would have fizzled out.

Titus O'Neil was nearly fired for touching Vince's arm, and yet people wonder why no one "takes risks". If Steve Austin hadn't requested a change of character, "Stone Cold" wouldn't exist and the Ringmaster would have fizzled out.
    It just seems that taking risks now, that go against what the WWE wants, can get you fired...especially if you don't have any pull...

It just seems that taking risks now, that go against what the WWE wants, can get you fired...especially if you don't have any pull...
    Since they were all notified ahead of time, that explains Emma's performance at TLC and RAW. "I'm getting fired anyway, might as well go out with a bang while showing those idiots what they're missing".

Wrestletalk seems to have some details on this. Seems Emma was mainly let go due to backstage heat with the writing staff, not injuries/failed gimmicks.

Edit: Oh WrestlingVIP already covered it. Didn't see you there man.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Wrestletalk seems to have some details on this. Seems Emma was mainly let go due to backstage heat with the writing staff, not injuries/failed gimmicks.

Edit: Oh WrestlingVIP already covered it. Didn't see you there man.
    Yet Nia Jax stays....uhgggg

Yet Nia Jax stays....uhgggg
    Nia Jax has the benefit and pull of being related to The Rock, and WWE will do anything they possibly can to keep Rock happy. You could say Nia kinda got WWE by the balls in this situation.

Emma is exposable, somebody causing trouble that WWE could afford to fire and use to send a message to the locker room.

So why has Rusev survived... And Sasha? Double standards?

I think people need to understand that any company, not just the WWE, will have more leeway with people that the company believes bring ratings and money.

People like Sasha Banks & Rusev bring both things more than Emma. So, WWE can handle being without Emma.

An outside of WWE example I can think of is Jay Briscoe. A few years back he made a very homophobic comment. Had it been someone lower down the card, I bet ROH would've fired them.

Not saying it's right but that's just how it is. It's definitely not something new either.
    Paul James - RWF/Nathan Adams - RWF/"The Outlaw" Rick Mercer - KOW

I say this as a fan of hers, but I'm shocked that Alicia Fox has lasted as long as she has. Rumor is the releases aren't over, so she could be canned after Survivor Series.

I say this as a fan of hers, but I'm shocked that Alicia Fox has lasted as long as she has. Rumor is the releases aren't over, so she could be canned after Survivor Series.
    Gotta remember you can't have ALL top guys/gals, maybe miss Fox makes a good jobber?

Gotta remember you can't have ALL top guys/gals, maybe miss Fox makes a good jobber?
    Yeah, but why are all the top girls people I hate? lol.

Nia Jax has the benefit and pull of being related to The Rock, and WWE will do anything they possibly can to keep Rock happy. You could say Nia kinda got WWE by the balls in this situation.

Emma is exposable, somebody causing trouble that WWE could afford to fire and use to send a message to the locker room.
    It sends a bad message...and to me, lowers moral....

Sawyer Fulton from NXT has been let go, so I guess Fall cleaning isn't done yet.

I predict Mandy Rose will be released as well, since she hasn't appeared on TV in at least a year, when there have been several multiwomen matches that included literally everyone else but her, even those who haven't made their official TV debuts yet. I was hoping to see her progress past the woman she's unfavorably compared to, but I'm not sure that'll happen.

Well I was wondering about Paige status, looks like she is indeed still planned to return and creative even has a storyline for her? Also looks like Harper & Rowan will indeed be back as they started working dark matches, and as hinted at on TV it looks like they will indeed feud with Fashion Police.

So if all this is true then we can confirm these peoples jobs are safe.

- Paige.
    - Luke Harper.
    - Erik Rowan.
    - Fandango.
    - Tyler Breeze.

Well, still a lot of possible mid-carders that could hit the chopping block. But looks like these 5 will be alright. Who's already gone so far?

- Darren Young.
    - Emma.
    - Summer Rea.
    - Sawyer Fulton.

I wonder if the Colon's will be cut, I thought they requested their release a while ago. I was surprised Epico & Primo was still in WWE to be quite honest. I thought they was gone. I would say Neville as well, though rumors has it WWE are trying to drag out his release as long as possible. Who else has a questionable status? What about Heath & Rhino, they've done nothing since they moved to RAW. Also hasn't Gallows & Anderson requested their release as well?

Well I was wondering about Paige status, looks like she is indeed still planned to return and creative even has a storyline for her? Also looks like Harper & Rowan will indeed be back as they started working dark matches, and as hinted at on TV it looks like they will indeed feud with Fashion Police.

- Paige.
    - Luke Harper.
    - Erik Rowan.
    - Fandango.
    - Tyler Breeze.

Well, still a lot of possible mid-carders that could hit the chopping block. But looks like these 5 will be alright. Who's already gone so far?

- Darren Young.
    - Emma.
    - Summer Rea.
    - Sawyer Fulton.

I wonder if the Colon's will be cut, I thought they requested their release a while ago. I was surprised Epico & Primo was still in WWE to be quite honest. I thought they was gone. I would say Neville as well, though rumors has it WWE are trying to drag out his release as long as possible. Who else has a questionable status? What about Heath & Rhino, they've done nothing since they moved to RAW. Also hasn't Gallows & Anderson requested their release as well?
    I thought the Colons left ages ago.

The only ones I'm worried about are Alicia Fox and Mandy Rose. Dana Brooke hasn't done much on TV as of late, but considering that she's progressed so far despite being green as grass, I'm guessing she'll be safe since someone backstage is obviously high on her.

I don't know much about the others as I no longer follow wrestling news and gossip, I just happened to see the Sawyer stuff on another site.

I thought the Colons left ages ago.

The only ones I'm worried about are Alicia Fox and Mandy Rose. Dana Brooke hasn't done much on TV as of late, but considering that she's progressed so far despite being green as grass, I'm guessing she'll be safe since someone backstage is obviously high on her.

I don't know much about the others as I no longer follow wrestling news and gossip, I just happened to see the Sawyer stuff on another site.
    Yea I made a comment in the SD thread about Colon's being on the Fashion Police suspect wall, and Cozza said they was still with the company. At least I believe it was Cozza.

To be honest WWE doesn't usually do much with Natalya. I think the only reason she even keeps her job is because WWE tied her in with the Hart family name. If she didn't have that, despite her wrestling ability, I'd suspect she'd of been let go ages ago.

Yea I made a comment in the SD thread about Colon's being on the Fashion Police suspect wall, and Cozza said they was still with the company. At least I believe it was Cozza.

To be honest WWE doesn't usually do much with Natalya. I think the only reason she even keeps her job is because WWE tied her in with the Hart family name. If she didn't have that, despite her wrestling ability, I'd suspect she'd of been let go ages ago.
    Yeah, but Nattie's SD Women's Champion right now, so she's safe. But yeah, before the title win she was in the same category as Foxy, the long runners that stick around despite creative obviously having absolutely no interest in them. I don't want anyone to lose their job, but I'd suspect that letting them go is less disappointing than keeping them around because potato. The Hart name is likely helping her case at least a bit.

I wonder what Ellsworth status is? When he came in everybody loved him, but since then WWE has basically made everybody hate him and he's degraded to the point of literally being guided around on a leash by Carmella.

I don't know how much WWE is paying him, but isn't Carmella and Cass a real life couple? Both are heels, they have on screen history in NXT together. So is Ellsworth really necessary when you can just have Cass and Carmella in each others corner during matches? All you need to do is have one of them switch shows (and obviously wait until Cass gets back from injury)

I wonder what Ellsworth status is? When he came in everybody loved him, but since then WWE has basically made everybody hate him and he's degraded to the point of literally being guided around on a leash by Carmella.

I don't know how much WWE is paying him, but isn't Carmella and Cass a real life couple? Both are heels, they have on screen history in NXT together. So is Ellsworth really necessary when you can just have Cass and Carmella in each others corner during matches? All you need to do is have one of them switch shows (and obviously wait until Cass gets back from injury)
    I've never liked Ellsworth, so I don't care. I just hope he stands up to Carmella because I'm tired of the message that females abusing males is acceptable while the reverse isn't. It's hypocrisy.

I would say Carmella should go to RAW, but who would take her place?

I'm fearing potential releases of Bo and Curtis, the most underrated wrestlers in wwe history.

Obviously Vince hates them both for some stupid unknown reason...

Bo is very young and talented, was the best NXT heel but he got absolutely buried on the main roster with that really bad theme they gave him and his gimmick was basically being the ultimate Jobber...

And Curtis...
    A very talented guy who was a Jobber his whole WWE career!
    They even made him a Jobber during his heyman guy run...

Well, at least they have now something to do on TV since they are the Miztourage...
    #BOliever since 2010

- Paige.
    - Luke Harper.
    - Erik Rowan.
    - Fandango.
    - Tyler Breeze.

- Darren Young.
    - Emma.
    - Summer Rea.
    - Sawyer Fulton.

I wonder about that I saw Gallows and Anderson on Friday here in London tagging with Elias, and Bo Dallas .If they asked for their release i dont think they'd be doing live events especially on an overseas tour but who can say for sure

Ellsworth might the most talented character in WWE he has done what seems to be impossble in 2017 get over as a face and Heel he does run his own promotion so maybe is isnt completely full time

You're wondering why a beautiful, good hand in the ring and model representative of WWE hasnt been fired ?. They just gave her merch and she's been a trooper bad for locker room morale to fire a trooper especially one like Foxy

Quote Originally Posted by supinesmokey13 View Post
    You're wondering why a beautiful, good hand in the ring and model representative of WWE hasnt been fired ?. They just gave her merch and she's been a trooper bad for locker room morale to fire a trooper especially one like Foxy
    I'm surprised because they barely to anything with her these days. I wish she'd get at least one title reign. She hasn't held a title since she had that butterfly belt.
    Last edited by thecarolinabull; 2 Weeks Ago at 10:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by supinesmokey13 View Post
    Well, I guess that makes sense, because for the longest, I was wondering why she wasn't fired yet (since 2015).
    It's, um, Double!

I was crying when I heard the reports. Last month, I was rooting for her to win the Raw Women's Championship, and now she isn't even on the roster anymore.

It's tougher when the person was just beginning to find themselves. Emma discovered her niche; egotistical/overconfident despite multiple loses.

I'm really going to miss her, but she doesn't care what I think because "It's All About Emma"!!!
    "Be so good, they can't ignore you!" ~ S.B.
    "Age ain't nothin but a number😉#ThankU #SnukaBloodline" ~ Tamina Snuka to ME!!!!!

Yeah, but Nattie's SD Women's Champion right now, so she's safe. But yeah, before the title win she was in the same category as Foxy, the long runners that stick around despite creative obviously having absolutely no interest in them. I don't want anyone to lose their job, but I'd suspect that letting them go is less disappointing than keeping them around because potato. The Hart name is likely helping her case at least a bit.
    Alundra Blaze was champ and still released...if I remember right....

Considering how that panned out, with the whole belt in the bin skit, would they really make that decision again?
    UNION Wrestling Season 2 moves towards UNEASY ALLIANCE! (here)
    ReverseLegSweep: MyPlayer Misadventures diary coming soon!
    WWE 2K Wiki (here) 2K/YUKE'S Characters (here) WW-Eek Alt. WWE Universe (here)

Quote Originally Posted by ReverseLegSweep View Post
    Considering how that panned out, with the whole belt in the bin skit, would they really make that decision again?
    The Montreal Screwjob says no.

Alundra Blaze was champ and still released...if I remember right....
    Different time period. The women's division was so irrelevant, that they wouldn't even have matches on In Your House events. Blayze was the only full timer they had, and her opponents were all pretty much girls who worked in Japan who would come in for brief, modern Chris Jericho like run to put Alundra over for a few weeks or months and then leave. At the time of her leaving, I don't think they actually had anyone for her to drop it too as I believe they released Bertha Faye and Bull Nakano went back to Japan in '95.

Fast forward now however, and they have a roster of 30+ women and the division is a main feature of WWE programming. Sometimes even main eventing a PPV.
    If you believe in "roster slots" you probably believe in Reptilian Overlords too.
    WWE 2K YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLT...5Hoy8Vw8CRN5-w

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast