Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: Universe Mode discussion

Very bizarre. I'd get a ticket in about it, as it does sound like a pretty annoying bug.
    UNION Wrestling Season 2 moves towards UNEASY ALLIANCE! (here)
    ReverseLegSweep: MyPlayer Misadventures diary coming soon!
    WWE 2K Wiki (here) 2K/YUKE'S Characters (here) WW-Eek Alt. WWE Universe (here)

Thanks, I will send in a ticket about it. Another issue is say after a PPV you decide to do a draft and feel the best way to do it properly is to take everyone on the game off of their current rosters to then randomly draft them, as soon as the next show in the calendar has less than 10 roster members on it a prompt comes up asking if you want to continue, so of course you’ll say yes you want to continue because it’s part of your random draft however the game will then crash.
    Looking for an e-fed? http://wbswforum.proboards.com/

This was the time i actually got interested in um mode

You'll also run into over 100 new story-driven cinematics throughout your gameplay that are set up by the Universe."

Now kick back, play a match, and enjoy watching the Universe revolve around you!WAS THIS WWE 14 OR WWE2K15 WHEN THEY MADE THAT ANNOUNCEMENT ?LOL

Can you believe it? So many years and these fools cant get it right? This mode has so much potential but 2K/Yukes is unqualified to create such a mode. It will never happen at this point.

I always thought it worked really well in WWE '12. SvR 2011 was their first attempt but it had absolutely no customisation. I actually went back onto 2011 the other day and found that my tag team champions were DH Smith and Superman.... Yep.... I couldn't actually disable Superman himself from being a part of universe since everything that year was universe, even exhibition.

I'm getting off track, but yeah, '12 definitely had the best Universe Mode and we need it to be like that again.
    ♠ Acey ♠
    I like wrestling games that work... Well then... Back to Fire Pro?

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaileyAce View Post
    I always thought it worked really well in WWE '12. SvR 2011 was their first attempt but it had absolutely no customisation. I actually went back onto 2011 the other day and found that my tag team champions were DH Smith and Superman.... Yep.... I couldn't actually disable Superman himself from being a part of universe since everything that year was universe, even exhibition.

I'm getting off track, but yeah, '12 definitely had the best Universe Mode and we need it to be like that again.
    i find this years universe better than last years with the potential rivalries and similar to wwe12's universe

Quote Originally Posted by TheBaileyAce View Post

My PS3 decided to explode before I got the chance to really enjoy WWE 12's Universe Mode, but from the little I did get to play, I enjoyed it very much. I'd love to see them bring back the randomness element, because it really felt like you were watching something play out that you were not expecting, which is what I wish Universe was.
    "I'm trying to find a place with peace. And if not, then let's fill it with mayhem." - "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

Quote Originally Posted by elric6 View Post
    i find this years universe better than last years with the potential rivalries and similar to wwe12's universe
    I still find that the same people face over and over and over every single week. Even if the match is listed as something different, the original opponent sometimes comes out anyway as if nothing happened... Also Universe Mode is impossible to even open when using SharePlay so I think it's got quite a way to go. Seeing as the main reason I got this game was to SharePlay Universe Mode, I can't rate this one too highly right now.
    ♠ Acey ♠
    I like wrestling games that work... Well then... Back to Fire Pro?

That was back in SmackDown vs. Raw 2011. Which seems like it's implying for players to play through the mode and let it do it's thing to reveal a lot of cut-scenes.
    It's, um, Double!

What I miss most about Universe honestly is unlocking hidden characters. I remember not even knowing Goldust was in WWE 12 and he came out during a cutscene where Cody was about to destroy his opponent with a chair. I marked out over a video game, and it was awesome. I also had a similar event in SVR 2011 where Yoshi Tatsu ran out and replaced my opponent, but because I was playing the PS2 version which was a bug-ridden mess, he replaced Randy Orton and had Randy's moveset and was 6'5, which was a sight to behold.
    "I'm trying to find a place with peace. And if not, then let's fill it with mayhem." - "Rowdy" Roddy Piper

The only tag team cutscenes I've seen are scheduled opponents getting beaten and replaced and one guy walking out, but that guy being left in the ring alone to fight a handicap. Seen em several times. Amazes me 1 of the 2 is bugged and over 98 others are nowhere to be seen.

It was wwe 13, promised branching storylines too, and I never saw one...

Universe Mode has a lot of potential but it's clear that both online and MyCareer modes have the priority.

Having said that, I am enjoying Universe Mode this year.

Quote Originally Posted by elric6 View Post
    absolutely

Would 2k allow us to have working managers, tournaments and more titles per show, this mode would be perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by FTBuzzard View Post
    absolutely

Would 2k allow us to have working managers, tournaments and more titles per show, this mode would be perfect.
    Oh for sure, I'm loving Universe this year. Despite some crashes here and there (I've only had 1 in Universe) I think this is the best Universe has been in years, since at least WWE 13. I've had so many cutscenes and everything and it's light-years ahead of WWE 2K!7's Universe.

absolutely

i wouldn't say perfect, but it would be a start. We would still more of what had been previously mentioned in this thread already... more randomness, less of the continuous rival a vs b every week, branching sls, etc.

absolutely

These would all be great (managers are a must!), but not quite perfect yet.

Factions need a rework. Stable mates don't seem to do much unless they're the tag team, but they should be interfering in matches, acting as managers, dishing out beatings backstage, etc.. I'd really like to see larger factions for nWo and Bullet Club like stables. Being able to designate a leader of the faction and tag teams within factions, like New Age Outlaws in DX. Rivalries between factions and struggles for power within factions could add lots of storyline options.

Since I'm making my universe wishlist, I want to be able to set a theme or rules for each show. So, a weekly ECW show would always have extreme rules instead of editing every single match.

Do u think 2k will introduce 100 cutsence this time in 2k19

So for the past wwe games i think starting from wwe 12 ,13 or 14 universe mode when they stated that You'll also run into over 100 new story-driven cinematics throughout your gameplay that are set up by the Universe."

Now kick back, play a match, and enjoy watching the Universe revolve around you.I think i remember that day .i was so happy waiting for the release of the game to start universe mode thinkin i will be on it all day ,night .it was a disapointment,they got me am a fool.and from that day i alwayz keep preordering wwe games starting from wwe14 up to wwe2k18 .i was a big fan of the universe mode because of that 1 lie the 2k employers told to there customers lol got every hypeing for the release.i did mainly get my ps4 because of the new career mode they introduce because i was sick of um mode and they had to introduce something new .up to this day they still cannot get universe mode right.2k18 um mode look like the right step ahead with potential rivalry meaning we can get cutsence at anytime without being in a rivalry and thats a kool imply.potential rivaly should be a big focus next year because of cutsence happening at anytime
    Last edited by Zeokage; 1 Week Ago at 12:55 AM.

They should focus on getting as most bugs out as possible!

What do we get if there are maybe 200 Cutscenes if they don't trigger right?

Don't get me wrong i am a big fan of Universe to, but i whould like to see other improvements to the mode before they put in more and more stuff that will not work like planned.

Well with 200 cutsence in universe potential rivalry and cutsence that arent apart of a rivalry will not be random .there will be cutsence everywhere .backpage etc lol.not the rivalry makes universe interesting the cutsence are .

Cutscenes are a minor part of the game. I know a lot of you play for cutscenes. Not sure how you would of played in days of PS1 and before.

I think other stuff needs sorting instead of wasting time on this sorry.
    If you want WWF buy a WWF game.

It will never happen with Yukes/2K, they are too incompetent to make a universe mode that functions properly. like most aspects of this game I'd expect Universe to have minor improvements with a bunch of new glitches.

Quote Originally Posted by TEAMAJPAGIE View Post
    I know a lot of you play for cutscenes. Not sure how you would of played in days of PS1 and before.
    There was a Season/Career Mode back then, though.
    It's, um, Double!

Quote Originally Posted by Double-H215 View Post
    There was a Season/Career Mode back then, though.
    yea the season/career mode was sweet. It was something to captivate you. You could get sucked in and it actually followed a story, much like universe is suppose to but doesn't lol

To those of you who have already made it to Wrestlemania in Universe, how many matches does Wrestlemania have? Is it still only 7 like 2K17 or have they upped the number?

I just played today for the first time since patch 1.04 was installed. I no longer get prompts to cash in MITB. Has anybody else had this happen?

absolutely

Managers and stables not having any use in Universe is disappointing.

Anyone having a successful Universe Mode so far?

Not asking if you're having the PERFECT one, but you know.. one that is going more so along the lines of the way you want it to?

Like when you do promo's, the wrestler doing them would say the lines you'd expect them to if it was live? I guess if I can't find my success in it so far, I might as well ask if others are at least so I can keep my hopes alive and believe my day will come.

I guess I'm asking because Universe Mode is something I love, but feel like I will never get it the way I want it. Not expecting it to be 100% perfect, but like everyone else I want to have more control. If I want to simulate a match, and only play the ones that interest me the most (not the filler matches) and have the outcome go the way I want without having to always do it myself.

Even with the limited cutscenes we have, I can deal with it (I mean it's not too much different than current wrestling.. when people fued there's smack talking, then someone gets attacked during a match or before, or after... or someone interrupting/calling out so I can deal with a little repetition in terms of the same things eventually being said often. Like everyone else wishful thinking I just want to be more in control and then not feel the need to do EVERYONE over again because I decided to skip a R-Truth vs Braun Strowman match where Strowman loses cleanly.

i play every match in universe so i don't have an issue with the wrong guy winning unless i lose the match

Universe is so bugged right now im kinda holding off. The fact that you can not even select witch direction they go during a irish whip plus tons of other flaws kinda has kept me from enjoying it yet.

I am only 2 months into Universe Mode, I take my time with it and try not to play for too long to avoid burnout, which was an issue for me in years past where I would only play Universe for weeks on end, then grow tired of it and never touch it again, only to eventually restart and repeat the cycle. I just finished Extreme Rules and I'm nearly halfway to Money In The Bank, but with 3 shows a week (RAW, Smackdown LIVE and ECW) I have to pace myself. I have lost quite a few important matches and had to change plans to accommodate it, but for me that's part of the fun. For example, I decided Mahal vs Angle for the WWE Championship would be a long feud, culminating at Summerslam with Angle finally capturing the gold in his return. However, Angle decided to beat Jinder Mahal to death at Payback and win it there, so now I've got a #Don'tHinderJinder story arc where Mahal is on a quest to redeem himself.

I always play every match, I think I've only ever simulated one, but I create matches that I'll enjoy playing. I don't let Universe book exclusively, sometimes I keep what is auto-booked, sometimes I change R-Truth vs. Curtis Axel to Finn Balor vs. Chris Jericho and use that match to determine who's next in-line for an Intercontinental Championship match. Promos still suck, I never book one myself unless I need something to do with someone and use it as the catalyst for a mini feud and thankfully Universe rarely ever books them on it's own.

I wouldn't say abandon all hope, but try to bend your expectations a bit and be more flexible in your expectations of Universe. If something really dumb happens like Xavier Woods beating Brock Lesnar clean three times in a row and when you finally decide to give Xavier a title shot you find out he isn't even supposed to be on the same brand as Brock so he just came in, wrecked house and left because newdayrocks (this happened to me) then just say "Screw it!" and have fun with it. Universe is more fun than it was in previous years, especially if you let it do it's thing and try to go with the flow.

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Itchweeed View Post
    If something really dumb happens like Xavier Woods beating Brock Lesnar clean three times in a row and when you finally decide to give Xavier a title shot you find out he isn't even supposed to be on the same brand as Brock so he just came in, wrecked house and left because newdayrocks (this happened to me) then just say "Screw it!" and have fun with it.
    Yea i had a similar thing happen with AJ and Mahal having an epic no dq match, which was auto-booked, and then when looking to set up a rematch, i realised that I have them on different brands.

I'm still early days with my Universe, but am enjoying it so far. I have gone with the idea that when WWE took over WCW and ECW, they kept them going as separate shows, so I have 3 shows a week, RAW, WCW and ECW (I may do a bit of a re-brand down the line and change the names to RAW, Nitro and Hardcore TV).

I think going the fantasy route with things has helped me get into universe mode, as i don't associate it as much with the current product. So I can use people more freely and have real life jobbers hold belts in game etc. (hence the push that the ascension are getting on ECW)

I am only 2 months into Universe Mode, I take my time with it and try not to play for too long to avoid burnout, which was an issue for me in years past where I would only play Universe for weeks on end, then grow tired of it and never touch it again, only to eventually restart and repeat the cycle. I just finished Extreme Rules and I'm nearly halfway to Money In The Bank, but with 3 shows a week (RAW, Smackdown LIVE and ECW) I have to pace myself. I have lost quite a few important matches and had to change plans to accommodate it, but for me that's part of the fun. For example, I decided Mahal vs Angle for the WWE Championship would be a long feud, culminating at Summerslam with Angle finally capturing the gold in his return. However, Angle decided to beat Jinder Mahal to death at Payback and win it there, so now I've got a #Don'tHinderJinder story arc where Mahal is on a quest to redeem himself.
    It's funny that your first Jinder feud was with Kurt Angle as mine was too, except Jinder had just lost the title to Nakamura at the past Rumble and had started feuding with Angle, beating him at Wrestlemania (in my head-canon) and then Angle would get his win back on the next RAW, giving Jinder a very similar story arc as yours as he basically had his biggest win crushed.

As for my Universe Mode, it's been going pretty well. There are actually quite a few parralels between mine and Itchweed's as I have three shows as well. It's currently RAW, SmackDown and NXT with fully customised rosters with the only rule being that NXTers have to have been a part of the NXT roster at one point. That means there's no Daniel Bryan or John Cena ever appearing there. What helps make it fun for me is having my own rivalries that aren't listed and using different matches, backstage brawls, interference and promos to build them up myself while the three actual feuds (typically the title feuds) go on by themselves. I play every match and I've paced it to where I'm now on my way to Extreme Rules with two weeks left. It's been going really well so far and it's the most fun I've had with Universe, personally.
    #KissTheRing

I apologize, I shouldn't have been vague about what I was asking. Other than it going good in terms of winning the matches you want... I was curious if it's also going good in terms of the storyline/rivalry.

For example.. I have been struggling with Universe Mode, not because of not playing a match and then losing something I wanted to win which throws it off, or not having the PERFECT authentic-like wrestling match, but when it comes to the promo's, and rivalries.

I would be all about just going with the flow if something stupid like Darren Young beating Braun Strowman cleanly (which has happened) but I tend to have an OCD-like complex when it comes to certain video games I play. I guess knowing that would NEVER happen... even if Darren Young was still employed, so in my head I can't keep going because it will bug me. This kind of thing has at times ruined games for me because I could never get the game to go the way I want it to. Like for example.. I am a huge fan of the Resident Evil series... but if I play the old ones (like the remastered HD 1st) and I get bit by a zombie I feel as if that really happened in the story ..like others who have been bitten I would turn into a zombie.. It's stupid I know because it's fantasy..

I find myself constantly redoing different kinds of Universe Mode trying to do different things to look for ways to make things go smoother in terms of the AI making things easier for me setting up the matches. I can never get a tag team rivalry to go right. (I had Dawson from the Revival start getting support from the WWE Universe because the game kept putting his suppose tag team rivalry in 1v1 matches which was suppose to be against Gallows/Anderson) and then I do something stupid and simulate one match to try and get to a PPV and then someone like Braun Strowman loses against someone like R-Truth cleanly. Then I notice every week the same rivalry match was happening, yet nothing was changing to increase it like with one rivalry I set up between The Miz and Finn Balor. I even had a match between Bray Wyatt and Apollo Crews.. Wyatt won... and I was going to actually build up a rivalry between the two .. was gonna push Crews a little at the time... and instead of it prompting me to.. Crews extends his hand and Wyatt shakes it.. Which I can deal with a heel doing a face act, but Bray Wyatt gimmick/character doesn't seem right doing that.

Also if a promo doesn't go the way I feel it should for someone I have to constantly keep resetting the promo.. like when I do a callout promo it looks stupid when you are trying to get your face character to get the heel character to fight you and you keep getting your guy to say something like "I'm going to knock your teeth in the ground" and then next go "You're not worth my time" or I can't get the combo-promo's and the AI is just planting me in the dirt with his and then getting the last word which basically makes me look like an idiot.. even though what I picked looked like it would have been something that was going to say he wanted a match.

I do really like the game though, I'm not going to be like others and hate on the game, but I have had my rage-quit moments with a "F-this game" attitude, but I still play it more than any other game I have currently.. and I don't even watch wrestling anymore.. I just read up on it because I was/(still am a little) fan of it and want to keep in tabs. I guess being a 90's kid, I'll never enjoy wrestling like the way I did during the Attitude Era.

I just started a new Universe Mode this morning (having to re-do the Rollins/Ambrose (and sometimes Shield) entrances is getting old.) so I decided to go ahead and like most of the time I do I keep the default champs the same, but remove all the Cruiserweights, tag-team, jobbers and lower-mid to lower-card wrestlers from being able to go for World Title shots. Changed some of their goals... I hope I can make things go more fluent.

Also I hope the damn DLC patch comes out soon. I got the Cena/Angle/Season pass recently, which I am happy with, and while certain things with NXT bug me like the roster being too small, and being short in the tag team department... having Bobby Roode there yet Nakaruma is on Smackdown I still will work with it.

I'm not asking for much when in terms of Universe Mode being fixed... I just want to have more control over things, and not have to rely at times on the game to assist in the rivalries. I feel the promo choices can be very vague, and misleading.. and as soon as I get a good one going..I hit one thing to throw it all off by picking something that looks like it should work, but doesn't, and I end up saying something stupid and just opposite of what I was going with. Also I guess there is no promo/call out scenes for tag teams. I'll get weird consistent glitches.. like when I tried to have Goldust attack R-Truth to set up a filler rivalry.. R-Truth was gonna face the Miz, and I had Maryse as his manager (which I wish the AI would also automatically recognize) and when the run in happened... Goldust comes running out with Maryse glitched into him, both running and then she just follows me around as I attack Miz... and then it says "Maryse beat R-Truth" ... Bah well. I can look over things like that though.

Also I wish the cutscenes would adapt more with the superstars based off of.. if it looks like a heel cutscene, it should go with the heels and vice versa. I had a Mahal/Orton feud (I know, I know I shouldn't just go off of what I has/is going on currently, but I don't mind doing a few things similar) and Orton comes out and sits down at ring side.. I thought "Cool he's gonnap lay some mind games... get in Mahal's head like he would IRL... but then a scene happens where Mahal ducks and the guy I was facing (some low carder) falls into Orton... and Orton just gets up and walks backstage... like "Uhh... no.."

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboss View Post
    I apologize, I shouldn't have been vague about what I was asking. Other than it going good in terms of winning the matches you want... I was curious if it's also going good in terms of the storyline/rivalry.

For example.. I have been struggling with Universe Mode, not because of not playing a match and then losing something I wanted to win which throws it off, or not having the PERFECT authentic-like wrestling match, but when it comes to the promo's, and rivalries.

I would be all about just going with the flow if something stupid like Darren Young beating Braun Strowman cleanly (which has happened) but I tend to have an OCD-like complex when it comes to certain video games I play. I guess knowing that would NEVER happen... even if Darren Young was still employed, so in my head I can't keep going because it will bug me. This kind of thing has at times ruined games for me because I could never get the game to go the way I want it to. Like for example.. I am a huge fan of the Resident Evil series... but if I play the old ones (like the remastered HD 1st) and I get bit by a zombie I feel as if that really happened in the story ..like others who have been bitten I would turn into a zombie.. It's stupid I know because it's fantasy..

I find myself constantly redoing different kinds of Universe Mode trying to do different things to look for ways to make things go smoother in terms of the AI making things easier for me setting up the matches. I can never get a tag team rivalry to go right. (I had Dawson from the Revival start getting support from the WWE Universe because the game kept putting his suppose tag team rivalry in 1v1 matches which was suppose to be against Gallows/Anderson) and then I do something stupid and simulate one match to try and get to a PPV and then someone like Braun Strowman loses against someone like R-Truth cleanly. Then I notice every week the same rivalry match was happening, yet nothing was changing to increase it like with one rivalry I set up between The Miz and Finn Balor.

Also if a promo doesn't go the way I feel it should for someone I have to constantly keep resetting the promo.. like when I do a callout promo it looks stupid when you are trying to get your face character to get the heel character to fight you and you keep getting your guy to say something like "I'm going to knock your teeth in the ground" and then next go "You're not worth my time" or I can't get the combo-promo's and the AI is just planting me in the dirt with his and then getting the last word which basically makes me look like an idiot.. even though what I picked looked like it would have been something that was going to say he wanted a match.

I do really like the game though, I'm not going to be like others and hate on the game, but I have had my rage-quit moments with a "F-this game" attitude, but I still play it more than any other game I have currently.. and I don't even watch wrestling anymore.. I just read up on it because I was/(still am a little) fan of it and want to keep in tabs. I guess being a 90's kid, I'll never enjoy wrestling like the way I did during the Attitude Era.

I just started a new Universe Mode this morning (having to re-do the Rollins/Ambrose (and sometimes Shield) entrances is getting old.) so I decided to go ahead and like most of the time I do I keep the default champs the same, but remove all the Cruiserweights, tag-team, jobbers and lower-mid to lower-card wrestlers from being able to go for World Title shots. Changed some of their goals... I hope I can make things go more fluent.
    I see what you mean, it's sort of a perfectionist thing, which I can relate to. The problem here is that Universe has too many variables and the mode itself just doesn't lend itself to someone who wants things to go a specific way. Universe Mode was built on the idea that "anything can happen". The first incarnation of Universe Mode in SVR 2011 was 100% random with no continuity, rivalries or semblance of realism to speak of. Yoshi Tatsu would regularly run in during WWE Championship matches between John Cena and CM Punk and lay both men down with a single punch. For me, I love random, spontaneous and sometimes dumb things happening, especially if it's just out of the ordinary.

One of the things you asked about were story lines. I've had several great story lines in my Universe Mode:
    - The Jinder Mahal vs. Kurt Angle feud I touched on in my first post.

- Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose was a 2 month feud. I was originally using The Bar as nothing more than a one month program, because I wanted to build Seth and Dean as RAW Tag Champs for the eventual surprise return of The Hardy Boyz. Cesaro and Sheamus had other plans, so they killed Seth and Dean at Payback, then Seth and Dean failed to recapture the gold at Extreme Rules. I was a bit annoyed at first, but the Extreme Rules match was such a great match that I had to give it to Cesaro and Sheamus. Now, they're the unstoppable team I planned on Seth and Dean being and feuding with The New Day.

- RAW's most heated feud has been Bobby Roode vs. CM Punk. At Payback, the two had a Steel Cage match where Bobby quickly won because Steel Cage matches suck in this game. This led to a culmination at Extreme Rules. The two had a MOTY candidate, but Universe decided to crash post-match so I had to redo it. CM Punk won both times and went on to feud with Braun over the Universal Championship.

My point is, story lines most likely won't play out exactly how you envisioned them. If you're a stickler for things going a certain way, Universe probably isn't for you. If you can find enjoyment in it despite things not always going according to plan, then Universe can be really fun. I've had more fun with this Universe Mode than any other one I've ever played. You just have to be flexible with it and try not to restart every time a promo sucks, because that's not going to stop until they completely redo promos. I hope I've been of some help to you!

I quit because I spent more time editing everything than actually playing. Once I stopped experiencing crashes, it was fun for a bit but after a while, it started feeling repetitive. Started playing online because to me, playing against a person is more fun than the CPU.

I like the concept of Universe and will probably give it another go but I feel like it needs a bit more depth.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPeteyPump View Post
    Universe is so bugged right now im kinda holding off. The fact that you can not even select witch direction they go during a irish whip plus tons of other flaws kinda has kept me from enjoying it yet.
    You can control the direction. I was confused at first too but you need to hold the direction you want to send them to before you actually do the irish whip.

I see what you mean, it's sort of a perfectionist thing, which I can relate to. The problem here is that Universe has too many variables and the mode itself just doesn't lend itself to someone who wants things to go a specific way. Universe Mode was built on the idea that "anything can happen". The first incarnation of Universe Mode in SVR 2011 was 100% random with no continuity, rivalries or semblance of realism to speak of. Yoshi Tatsu would regularly run in during WWE Championship matches between John Cena and CM Punk and lay both men down with a single punch. For me, I love random, spontaneous and sometimes dumb things happening, especially if it's just out of the ordinary.

One of the things you asked about were story lines. I've had several great story lines in my Universe Mode:
    - The Jinder Mahal vs. Kurt Angle feud I touched on in my first post.

- Cesaro and Sheamus vs. Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose was a 2 month feud. I was originally using The Bar as nothing more than a one month program, because I wanted to build Seth and Dean as RAW Tag Champs for the eventual surprise return of The Hardy Boyz. Cesaro and Sheamus had other plans, so they killed Seth and Dean at Payback, then Seth and Dean failed to recapture the gold at Extreme Rules. I was a bit annoyed at first, but the Extreme Rules match was such a great match that I had to give it to Cesaro and Sheamus. Now, they're the unstoppable team I planned on Seth and Dean being and feuding with The New Day.

- RAW's most heated feud has been Bobby Roode vs. CM Punk. At Payback, the two had a Steel Cage match where Bobby quickly won because Steel Cage matches suck in this game. This led to a culmination at Extreme Rules. The two had a MOTY candidate, but Universe decided to crash post-match so I had to redo it. CM Punk won both times and went on to feud with Braun over the Universal Championship.

My point is, story lines most likely won't play out exactly how you envisioned them. If you're a stickler for things going a certain way, Universe probably isn't for you. If you can find enjoyment in it despite things not always going according to plan, then Universe can be really fun. I've had more fun with this Universe Mode than any other one I've ever played. You just have to be flexible with it and try not to restart every time a promo sucks, because that's not going to stop until they completely redo promos. I hope I've been of some help to you!
    I can feel your pain on a lot of that too. I HATE cage matches because of how stupid it is. I notice anymore in the WWE that most cage matches have been ending with a pinfall/submission (unless someone gets thrown into the cage and the whole side of it breaks off) so I tend to turn off the option to climb out of the cage.. which sucks still because it's the foundation of many cage match wins.

I've noticed how you won't ever get the perfect story to go the way you want and you will lose a match you're trying to win (or simulate) and I can deal with it depending on the severity of how I feel it would hurt the story I want to go for. If the match was amazing the guy I am playing with loses.. I will try to adapt to it and get the revenge win if it's within the cards.

And I was doing a current (well now past) rivalry of Strowman against Roman Reigns and tried to have the match look good but end in a double countout with Strowman spearing Reigns (and at times the other way around) through the barricade to help keep both looking good without having one lose to the other in a pinfall/submission... and have a double countout... I thought it went perfect.. then next week it was the same match again.. as the main event on Raw and no rivalry increase. Same if I do a intentional DQ .. like when I am playing a heel and decide to hit the guy with a steel chair I'm building a rivalry with... and the auto non-Uni mode cutscene went perfect because my guy looked aggressive and satisfied with what he did...yet no rivalry increase and the same match with it being the same main event spot.

And now as I am trying to set up the 94589084th Universe Mode with a few changes I haven't tried yet that I know would help a little with more realistic match-making I had the game just bug out on me... I just set up my card... and it glitched out and is showing I have 9 matches and 9 promo slots.. with some of those matches being a double of one of the ones I had made on the same card (Got two Rich Swann vs Neville matches as well as two triple threat matches involving Bliss/Bayley/Emma).... Dammit.. Lol.. It's like trying to make a relationship work with someone who wants to make things complicated.

Also... I LOATHE the manager system a lot. I'm all for having Steph with HHH, or Maryse with Miz, having a tag team/stable partner with you.. but at times it can be really clunky and awkward. I notice if I am facing someone with a manager ... most of the time if they're heel the manager will often keep distracting/interfering during times it makes no sense to do so. But when it's me... they will just stand there and do nothing but turn their head if I am getting whooped... and at times I've had them come in and blatantly attack the other person (or the AI's one will to me) and get me disqualified.... and I've had it set for a Championship match too.

I've seen some great ideas in games, and things that look like they should... but the delivery is falling short more and more. I feel as if the game is selling successfully (tried looking it up but can't seem to find any info on it) but 2k has GOT to realize the whole apathetic mentality towards getting things fixed/changed for the better throughout this years expansion is going to be their downfall if they don't start getting the important stuff fixed..or fixed quicker even. Maybe they are, and it just takes longer, I dunno.. and I can deal with imperfections as long as it isn't something that isn't consistently affecting the things that that would be considered important to deal with.

I can feel your pain on a lot of that too. I HATE cage matches because of how stupid it is. I notice anymore in the WWE that most cage matches have been ending with a pinfall/submission (unless someone gets thrown into the cage and the whole side of it breaks off) so I tend to turn off the option to climb out of the cage.. which sucks still because it's the foundation of many cage match wins.

I've noticed how you won't ever get the perfect story to go the way you want and you will lose a match you're trying to win (or simulate) and I can deal with it depending on the severity of how I feel it would hurt the story I want to go for. If the match was amazing the guy I am playing with loses.. I will try to adapt to it and get the revenge win if it's within the cards.

And I was doing a current (well now past) rivalry of Strowman against Roman Reigns and tried to have the match look good but end in a double countout with Strowman spearing Reigns (and at times the other way around) through the barricade to help keep both looking good without having one lose to the other in a pinfall/submission... and have a double countout... I thought it went perfect.. then next week it was the same match again.. as the main event on Raw and no rivalry increase. Same if I do a intentional DQ .. like when I am playing a heel and decide to hit the guy with a steel chair I'm building a rivalry with... and the auto non-Uni mode cutscene went perfect because my guy looked aggressive and satisfied with what he did...yet no rivalry increase and the same match with it being the same main event spot.

Now I had the game just bug out on me with the Universe Mode I am trying now... I just set up my card... and it glitched out and is showing I have 9 matches and 9 promo slots.. with some of those matches being a double of one of the ones I had made (Got two Rich Swann vs Neville matches as well as two triple threat matches involving Bliss/Bayley/Emma.... Dammit.. Lol.. It's like trying to make a relationship work with someone who wants to make things complicated.
    What a great analogy! I also had Braun and Roman feuding over the Universal Championship and they literally wrestled in a one-on-one match every single week for two months. I tried to end it at Payback, but for some reason the title wasn't on the line, so I figured I'd let it go until Extreme Rules, where again the title wasn't on the line. I could have booked it to be for the title myself but I didn't realize it until after I started the show. I just gave Roman his title match on the next RAW and had Braun beat him to move on. They didn't really get any cutscenes either which was the worst part.

Also, glad to see it isn't just me who finds Cage matches to be completely ruined now. The A.I. does three moves and escapes before you even enter the crawling-to-the-ropes animation, it's ridiculous.
    Last edited by Brother Itchweeed; 6 Days Ago at 12:11 PM.

What a great analogy! :rofl: I also had Braun and Roman feuding over the Universal Championship and they literally wrestled in a one-on-one match every single week for two months. I tried to end it at Payback, but for some reason the title wasn't on the line, so I figured I'd let it go until Extreme Rules, where again the title wasn't on the line. I could have booked it to be for the title myself but I didn't realize it until after I started the show. I just gave Roman his title match on the next RAW and had Braun beat him to move on. They didn't really get any cutscenes either which was the worst part.

Also, glad to see it isn't just me who finds Cage matches to be completely ruined now. The A.I. does three moves and escapes before you even enter the crawling-to-the-ropes animation, it's ridiculous.
    It's like when they climb the cage they manage to hit the max bar length every time and climb out within 3 attempts while I am barely out of the green stamina bar in terms of health. I mean I get the realism of being knocked down even if it's from a heavy move and you're still with a fair amount of health/stam and being down for a moment.

A good change would be if you're not sitting in the mid to low part of your stam (or health, I dunno which one haha) and you get knocked down with any kind of mid to heavy hit/move if the AI or player tries to climb out during that time then you should regain composure fairly quick so you have the chance to stop them.

Also I wanted to ask people's opinion about starting off a Universe letting the game set the rivalries instead of making them yourself based off the matches that take place during the shows. Rather you edited the match, or use the match they had set up. What do you think? Or does it even matter?

It's like when they climb the cage they manage to hit the max bar length every time and climb out within 3 attempts while I am barely out of the green stamina bar in terms of health. I mean I get the realism of being knocked down even if it's from a heavy move and you're still with a fair amount of health/stam and being down for a moment.

A good change would be if you're not sitting in the mid to low part of your stam (or health, I dunno which one haha) and you get knocked down with any kind of mid to heavy hit/move if the AI or player tries to climb out during that time then you should regain composure fairly quick so you have the chance to stop them.

Also I wanted to ask people's opinion about starting off a Universe letting the game set the rivalries instead of making them yourself based off the matches that take place during the shows. Rather you edited the match, or use the match they had set up. What do you think? Or does it even matter?
    Whatever they do, Steel Cage matches need to become a priority next year. They need to be worked on a lot. You could definitely try playing auto-booked rivalries and see if that works for you. It might take some of the pressure off of having things go a certain way. Letting Universe handle what rivalries occur gives you the freedom to choose how you want them to go without having to pick who should feud with who.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast