Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WWE NXT Discussion Thread (December Edition) *SPOILERS*

Arrow WWE NXT Discussion Thread (December Edition) *SPOILERS*

Welcome to the December Edition of the WWE NXT Discussion Thread. In this thread will be information and coverage for the entire month of December. I will try and keep it as spoiler free as possible. If you think something can be considered a spoiler and I've forgotten to add the spoiler tag to it, then let me know. ENJOY!

WWE NXT #424 preview, Dec. 6, 2017: A Championship Celebration for Andrade “Cien” Almas

As Andrade “Cien” Almas is thrown a Championship Celebration, the journey to determine his opponent at NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia kicks off with two all-important Qualifying Matches: Kassius Ohno vs. Velveteen Dream and Killian Dain vs. Trent Seven. Plus, SmackDown LIVE’s Ruby Riott meets Raw’s Sonya Deville in a No Holds Barred Match, tonight on WWE Network.

• Zelina Vega throws a celebration for NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas

Life is good for Andrade “Cien” Almas. Not only is El Idolo the keeper of the NXT Championship, but the Superstar he defeated to win the title, Drew McIntyre, is out of the picture for now due to an arm injury he suffered against Almas at TakeOver: WarGames.

As NXT General Manager William Regal’s plan for determining Almas’ challenger at TakeOver: Philadelphia begins to take shape tonight in the form of two Qualifying Matches, Almas is sitting pretty, reaping the benefits of being the titleholder.

One such perk will be the Championship Celebration that Almas’ business manager, Zelina Vega, plans to throw for him tonight on WWE NXT. What will Almas have to say about the current state of affairs in NXT, as well as the battle to determine his next opponent? Find out tonight at 8/7 C, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

• Who will move one step closer to an NXT Title Match at TakeOver: Philadelphia?

Starting tonight, a series of Qualifying Matches will begin to pave the way toward an all-important Fatal 4-Way Match that will decide who goes on to challenge Andrade “Cien” Almas at TakeOver: Philadelphia in January.

One of the first Qualifying Matches — Kassius Ohno vs. Velveteen Dream — pits two of the yellow-and-black brand’s most dynamic Superstars against each other. Both men are coming off tough losses at TakeOver: WarGames, with Ohno coming up short against the monstrous Lars Sullivan and Dream losing to Aleister Black. How will those outcomes affect each Superstar’s psyche as he heads into tonight’s all-important Qualifying Match? More importantly, which Superstar will move one step closer to earning an NXT Title opportunity?

• Killian Dain, Trent Seven clash for contention

Kassius Ohno and Velveteen Dream aren’t the only Superstars preparing for a high-stakes battle tonight, as SAnitY’s Killian Dain and Moustache Mountain’s Trent Seven are also set to duke it out in a qualifying bout.

The NXT Universe won’t soon forget the path of destruction that The Beast of Belfast carved in last month’s Triple Threat WarGames Match. The Undisputed ERA claimed victory in that encounter, but there’s no denying that Dain made a lasting impression on all who witnessed the chaos. Can the mesomorphic Dain continue to unleash carnage all the way to the NXT Title?

To do so, he’ll first have to get past Seven, who earned entry into the Qualifying Match by triumphing in a Battle Royal at a recent NXT Live Event. Seven might be giving up strength and size to SAnitY’s brawny brawler, but the Moustache Mountaineer is nothing if not shrewd and calculating. Will Seven’s ring savvy win out against Dain?

• Ruby Riott and Sonya Deville reignite rivalry in No Holds Barred Match

As members of The Riott Squad and Absolution, respectively, Ruby Riott and Sonya Deville haven’t taken long to turn the Women’s divisions of SmackDown LIVE and Raw upside-down. Tonight, however, the new members of Teams Blue and Red return to NXT for a final showdown inside the yellow ropes, this time with no holds barred!

Riott scored a victory the last time she put her hair up and squared up with Deville two weeks ago, though The Jersey Devil came dangerously close to reinjuring the punk-rock pugilist’s leg with her dreaded Ankle Lock. What’s in store for both Superstars tonight when they throw down in a match where no hold, no matter how dangerous, is off-limits?
    'WOKEN' MATT HARDY HAS ARRIVED...AND SO HAS 'WOKEN' COZZA SAID SO
    JOIN THE WOKEN BRILLIANCE AND YOU TOO CAN BECOME WOKEN...
    OTHERWISE...PREPARE TO BE DELETED!!!!! YAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!

Seems strange to give losing stars a shot in qualifiers, instead of pitting Black, Sullivan and Cole (Winners at Takeover: Wargames) in a triple threat for contendership.

As much as I'd like to see Dain with the belt, it may have been more fun to have their qualifier for the UK championship.

COZZA'S NXT #424 REVIEW;

• William Regal announced at the top of the show that due to Drew McIntyre being injured, a tournament to name a new #1 Contender will be held starting with this episode and end in a Fatal-4-Way Match where the winner will become that #1 Contender. It's a shame that McIntyre is out injured, however it leaves an opportunity open for someone to take. (7.5/10)

• Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelena Vega held a celebration in-ring. There was no fancy celebratory items, just the two of them talking about Almas. (7/10)

• Lars Sullivan was interviewed by multiple reporters about his NXT Championship oppurtunity should he go on to win the tournament for it. Lars should've spoken more like a monsterous character rather than calmly like he did. (7/10)

1. Trent Seven vs. Killian Dain + NXT Championship #1 Contenders Tournament (7/10);
    - Trent Seven wasn't able to defeat Killian Dain and he was noticeably upset about this. Dain advances to the Fatal-4-Way Match where the winner of that match faces Andrade "Cien" Almas. Killian Dain won via Pinfall.

• The Undisputed Era had a promo backstage where they spoke about their win at WarGames and about their futures where Adam Cole said that he'd defeat Aleistar Black to advance in the NXT Championship Contenders Tournament and Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly said that they'd defeat SAnitY to become the NXT Tag Team Champions. (7.5/10)

2. Ruby Riott vs. Sonya Deville + No Holds Barred Match (7.5/10);
    - This was a great match. Ruby refused to give up even whilst in a submission Hold from Sonya. In the end, the referee had to stop the match due to Ruby not giving up making Sonya the winner. Sonya Deville won via referee stoppage.

• Ember Moon was being interviewed about her Championship victory. However, she was interuppted by The Iconic Duo who wanted a Championship match due to Royce not being pinned in the Fatal-4-Way Match and Kay not even being in the match. Ember put a slight rift between the two on who'd get the shot, however Kay agreed that Peyton should get the match first. (6.5/10)

• There was a promo about someone debuting soon. The soon in the final shot featured symbol/s about from playing cards. I wonder who is coming soon. (7/10)

3. Kassius Ohno vs. Johnny Gargano + NXT Championship #1 Contenders Tournament (8.5/10)
    - This was an excellent match. Neither competitor wanted to give in. Kassius Ohno did however in the end after Gargano got him to tapout. I'm glad Gargano got the victory, however after suffering many losses it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Hopefully this continues for him and he gets the match with Almas. Johnny Gargano via Submission.

OVERALL EPISODE RATING: 65.5/9 = 7.27* = 7/10.
    Last edited by COZZA SAID SO; 12-06-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    Seems strange to give losing stars a shot in qualifiers, instead of pitting Black, Sullivan and Cole (Winners at Takeover: Wargames) in a triple threat for contendership.

As much as I'd like to see Dain with the belt, it may have been more fun to have their qualifier for the UK championship.
    Good idea, but who do you even put over in that situation lol. I wouldn’t beat Sullivan or Black yet. I really like Adam Cole, and always have, but I think he would be the one to take the pin there. Unless the rest of undisputed era got involved.

I hope that I don't end up liking this new guy, otherwise I'll be devastated when they ruin him on the main roster.
    Check This Out If You've Got The Time ---> KC's Universe Mode: Year 2
    If You're New, Catch Up With This ---> Universe Year 1

Quote Originally Posted by KillerCommando View Post
    I hope that I don't end up liking this new guy, otherwise I'll be devastated when they ruin him on the main roster.
    I want to know who it is as his video package intrigues me.

Here's the video again for those that want to re-watch;

https://youtu.be/oUingTdSjC4

Also, two images that I screencaptured from the video that'll help us towards identifying who it is;

I’m going to guess either Donovan Dijack or Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    I’m going to guess either Donovan Dijack or Gunner
    I've seen Crazzy Steve's name being put out there too since the video was posted on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by COZZA SAID SO View Post
    I've seen Crazzy Steve's name being put out there too since the video was posted on YouTube.
    Really? I had no clue he was a free agent. That would be cool though. He was one of the few things I enjoyed while watching Impact Wrestling

I’m not really sure why we are putting our guesses in spoiler tags, but it’s better safe I guess Incase we end up being right

Quote Originally Posted by COZZA SAID SO View Post
    That's a really good guess, I think.
    Paul James - RWF/Nathan Adams - RWF/"The Outlaw" Rick Mercer - KOW

Really? I had no clue he was a free agent. That would be cool though. He was one of the few things I enjoyed while watching Impact Wrestling

I’m not really sure why we are putting our guesses in spoiler tags, but it’s better safe I guess Incase we end up being right
    Yeah, he recently attended a WWE Tryout.

Quote Originally Posted by WWEfan57 View Post
    That's a really good guess, I think.
    Hopefully it is who I've guessed it could be. It was one of the first thoughts that came to mind.

Is it Rockstar Spud, though? There were reports that he signed with WWE recently, so it could be him.

Quote Originally Posted by 90s0bserver View Post
    Is it Rockstar Spud, though? There were reports that he signed with WWE recently, so it could be him.
    The only thing keeping me from thinking it's Spud is that this seems like a dark character. I don't personally think it would fit Spud.
    Paul James - RWF/Nathan Adams - RWF/"The Outlaw" Rick Mercer - KOW

do not forgot it could be a woman (do not forgot nxt has just lost 5 women)

Quote Originally Posted by skells33 View Post
    do not forgot it could be a woman (do not forgot nxt has just lost 5 women)
    It's not. The silhouette is definitely a male.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    It's not. The silhouette is definitely a male.
    That's what I thought too, though people are convinced that it's Shayna Baszler.

you might have to cross off Rockstar spud as he is going to the main roster and skipping NXT if rumors are true.

It’s Shayna Baszler. Not only did she use the Queen of Spades gimmick on the indies, but she was also at the recent NXT tapings.

Quote Originally Posted by God Of Gaming View Post
    It’s Shayna Baszler. Not only did she use the Queen of Spades gimmick on the indies, but she was also at the recent NXT tapings.
    The silhouette looks closer to that of a male though. I understand the reference and thought that myself, however it could still be someone else.

Arrow WWE NXT #425 - 12/13/17 - Fatal-4-Way Qualifiying Matches Continue *SPOILERS*

NXT preview, Dec. 13, 2017: Dream showdown pits Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole in Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender Qualifying Match

The undefeated Aleister Black takes on the heralded Adam Cole in an absolute dream bout to decide who will go on to a Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender’s Match. Witness this must-see showdown and more tonight at 7/6 C, as part of WWE Week on USA Network, or at 8/7 C on WWE Network.

• Will Adam Cole shock the NXT Universe and beat the undefeated Aleister Black?

Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole in and of itself is a huge matchup. Two of the world’s greatest Superstars doing battle for the first time in NXT is something every NXT fan has to see. Yet, add on the fact that a potential NXT Championship opportunity is at stake, and you have a dream showdown with potentially huge implications.

The winner of Black vs. Cole will go on to battle in a Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender’s Match to see who will challenge NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas at TakeOver: Philadelphia on Saturday, Jan. 27.

Undefeated since arriving in NXT, Black has sent every one of his opponents into the darkness via his devastating Black Mass spin kick. Cole, meanwhile, has led The Undisputed ERA in successfully shocking the system via chaos and disorder, most recently picking up the pinfall in the historic return of the WarGames Match.

Who will reign supreme when the unbeaten Aleister Black steps inside the squared circle with the one and only Adam Cole? Find out when the two face off tonight at a special start time of 7/6 C on USA Network.

• Andrade “Cien” Almas begins his in-ring reign atop NXT

Last week, NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas celebrated his title victory with an impassioned address to the NXT Universe. Tonight, El Idolo competes for the first time since winning his title at TakeOver: WarGames, in a match against the absurdly talented Fabian Aichner.

Almas is certainly riding high thanks to his NXT Championship win over Drew McIntyre, but he can’t take Aichner lightly. The Italian-born Superstar has been impressive since arriving to NXT, and he possesses a world-class combination of aerial ability and eye-catching power.

Can Aichner upset Almas in the NXT Champion’s first match as the titleholder? Or will El Idolo continue his hot streak and show the NXT Universe that he is here to stay atop NXT?

Don’t miss this explosive NXT showdown tonight at 7/6 C on USA Network.

• The Authors of Pain put their brutality to the test against Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan

The Authors of Pain are known for their ability to deliver unbearable amounts of pain to their opponents. However, tonight on NXT, Akam & Rezar face a tandem that loves to dispense a beating as much as they: Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan.

Coming off a brutal WarGames Match, Paul Ellering’s monsters will be champing at the bit to devastate their competition. However, the hard-hitting team of Burch & Lorcan have proven that they can dish out a drubbing as well as they can receive one. Which duo will win tonight’s slugfest?

• Peyton Royce looks to stake her claim for an NXT Women’s Title opportunity

New NXT Women’s Champion Ember Moon must get used to having a target on her back, as Peyton Royce will be the first Superstar to try to stake her claim at a championship opportunity.

Peyton Royce and her Iconic Duo partner, Billie Kay, interrupted the NXT Women’s Champion’s media session last week and demanded a chance to beat up Moon. Royce and Kay argued that since Nikki Cross was the one who got pinned by Moon during a Fatal 4-Way Match at TakeOver: WarGames, Royce deserves a chance to clash with Moon.

The Iconic Duo’s plea was enough to convince the new champion to step in the ring with Royce tonight in an Iconic showdown. If Royce can pull out a victory over Moon, there may be an NXT Women’s Title opportunity for the Aussie Superstar down the road. However, there’s one question to answer: Can Royce avoid Moon’s devastating Eclipse finisher?

Moon vs. Royce streams tonight exclusively on the WWE Network airing of WWE NXT. Be sure to catch this hotly anticipated Women’s division showdown at 8/7 C.

COZZA'S NXT #425 REVIEW;

1. Andrade "Cien" Almas w/ Zelena Vega vs. Fabian Aichner (7/10);
    - This was a good opening contest. It was obvious that Almas was going to win the match as he wouldn't lose his first match since becoming Champion...not in this era anyway. Andrade "Cien" Almas won via Pinfall.

• SAnitY had a quick backstage promo about them finishing what they started in Houston next week. (7/10)

2. Oney Lorcan/Danny Burch vs. The Authors Of Pain (Akam/Rezar) w/ Paul Ellering (7/10);
    - This match didn't last long. The Authors Of Pain got the victory not long after the match started.
    The Authors Of Pain won via Pinfall - Lorcan pinned by Akam.

• It was announced that Pete Dunne would defend the U.K. Championship against Tyler Bate next week. (7/10)

3. Ember Moon vs. Peyton Royce w/ Billie Kay (7/10);
    - This was a good match. Ember Moon got the victory over Peyton Royce after her Eclipse Finisher. Ember Moon won via Pinfall.
    - Following the match, Kay and Royce would attack Ember Moon again until Nikki Cross made the save helping Ember and stopping the attack from further continuing. I wonder why she is helping Ember again. Perhaps she is protecting Ember so that she can defeat her herself. Nikki would show her crazy side again for a bit before exiting the ring and running out of the arena.

• Street Profits had a video from last week where they interviewed the NXT Universe which they are calling 'Street Talk'. Only one child was really interviewed...well that's what was shown anyway. The segment looks promising. (7/10)

4. Adam Cole vs. Aleistar Black + NXT Championship #1 Contenders Tournament (8/10);
    - This was a great match between both competitors. Aleistar Black was able to get the victory and advance to the Fatal-4-Way Match. Aleistar Black won via Pinfall.

OVERALL EPISODE RATING: 50/7 = 7.14* = 7/10.

My review may or may not be able to be added today as I'm still having trouble with the forums. I'll try my best to still post it though even if I have to do it off-site and copy it here which might kick me out from this connection. I'll see what happens. I'll update this post with the review though.
    Last edited by COZZA SAID SO; 12-13-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Sounds like your internet is... BROKEN

I hope they don’t screw over Aleister Black in that match. I want to see him in that Fatal Four Way

Sounds like your internet is... BROKEN

I hope they don’t screw over Aleister Black in that match. I want to see him in that Fatal Four Way
    Not the internet, but the forum itself. Everything else works fine, only this site doesn't work as it should and it has been confirmed by a member of 2K's Staff in the support section. It's strange that within 24-hours of applying Matt Hardy stuff to my account that it began having issues. Reverse Leg Sweep is also having the issue though and I don't know who else.

On topic, I hope they don't do that to Black either.

And it was revealed who the silhouette is. I dont know how to post in spoiler tags so someone else will have to spoil it

Here is the video package that aired today revealing who the mystery person was;

https://youtu.be/rHPAHbykVhw

I must've missed the airing of it today whilst I was typing up my review.

Wow we were all wrong, well God of Gaming was right. I thought for sure that silhouette was a guy. Not trying to make fun of her or anything, but I think most of us were fooled. I thought the spades might have been a little too obvious for a “mystery”, but that is her nickname, so...

Wow we were all wrong. I thought for sure that silhouette was a guy. Not trying to make fun of her or anything, but I think most of us were fooled. I thought the spades might have been a little too obvious for a “mystery”, but that is her nickname, so...
    I guess we can now talk about the topic without spoiler tags as it's out in the open now. It was an obvious mystery that we predicted that'd be someone else. Were weren't exactly wrong, just were hoping it wasn't as obvious.

Haha, well done God of Gaming. I bet they slicked her hair back on purpose to add that confusion to the mix.

I need to watch the past few week's NXT. Not had the chance at all.

Major spoilers regarding the Fatal 4 Way: Gargano-Black-Dain-Sullivan - Gargano pins Black.

Major spoilers regarding the Fatal 4 Way: Gargano-Black-Dain-Sullivan - Gargano pins Black.
    I saw that as well. My God is NXT stupid sometimes. The undefeated star they have been building up as a HUGE threat to everyone has been pinned by the guy with the gimmick "I put up a fight and lose". Amd I don't mean to take anything away from Gargano he is an incredible performer, but he could pin Killian Dain. On the other hand, this Fatal 4-Way is stupid anyway. Anyone except Gargano getting pinned is automatically getting hurt. Will have to wait and see how exactly did the pin happen
    YOUTUBE Channel soon to be filled with videos... STAY TUNED

Quote Originally Posted by ioanastasis View Post
    I saw that as well. My God is NXT stupid sometimes. The undefeated star they have been building up as a HUGE threat to everyone has been pinned by the guy with the gimmick "I put up a fight and lose". Amd I don't mean to take anything away from Gargano he is an incredible performer, but he could pin Killian Dain. On the other hand, this Fatal 4-Way is stupid anyway. Anyone except Gargano getting pinned is automatically getting hurt. Will have to wait and see how exactly did the pin happen
    It was from a DDT.

It was from a DDT.
    At the same time though it wasn't exactly clean. Undisputed Era interfered right?

Quote Originally Posted by KillerCommando View Post
    At the same time though it wasn't exactly clean. Undisputed Era interfered right?
    Hopefully, would like to see a program between them and Black. But they’ll be Tag Champs by then, and so ruffling Black’s feathers wouldn’t be smart when they’d already have SAnitY to deal with, at least from a kayfabe perspective.

What I would like to see is a Black-Pete Dunne feud, eventually involving the NXT Title, because frankly the UKD is to NXT what the Cruiserweights are to Raw IMO.

Well if UE interfered then I'm kind of ok with it
    YOUTUBE Channel soon to be filled with videos... STAY TUNED

Arrow WWE NXT #426 - 12/20/17 - Championship Matches & Cont. Contenders Matches *SPOILERS*

NXT preview, Dec. 20, 2017: Undisputed ERA looks to shock SAnitY and take their NXT Tag Team Titles

Undisputed ERA challenges SAnitY for the NXT Tag Team Championship, Tyler Bate tries to pry the WWE United Kingdom Title from Pete Dunne, and Roderick Strong battles Lars Sullivan in a Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender Qualifying Match in a jam-packed episode of NXT.

• Undisputed ERA eyes SAnitY’s NXT Tag Team Titles

Undisputed ERA has done exactly what they said they were going to do: shock the system. Since arriving to NXT, Adam Cole, Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly have created mayhem within the NXT Universe. The rebellious trio then overtook the system at TakeOver: WarGames by not only surviving, but winning the barbaric return of the WarGames Match over SAnitY and The Authors of Pain & Roderick Strong.

For O’Reilly & Fish, they now have a chance to rule the system tonight on NXT when they challenge SAnitY for the NXT Tag Team Championship. If Undisputed ERA can manage to lay claim to the coveted titles, there truly may be no stopping this formidable faction.

Despite their success in shocking the system thus far, Eric Young, Alexander Wolfe & Killian Dain will not go quietly. And there certainly will be bedlam involved. No matter which two members of the unhinged faction compete this Wednesday in defense of their NXT Tag Team Titles, there will be chaos. Can SAnitY stave off Undisputed ERA and keep the NXT Tag Team Championship in their grasp?

See who walks out of NXT with the NXT Tag Team Titles in tow tonight at 8/7 C on the award-winning WWE Network.

• Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate’s WWE United Kingdom Title rivalry enters its next chapter

Tyler Bate was the first Superstar to become the WWE United Kingdom Champion after valiantly overcoming injury to defeat Pete Dunne in the Finals of the WWE United Kingdom Championship Tournament.

Four months later at TakeOver: Chicago, The Bruiserweight would prevail over Bate to become the new titleholder. Since then, the unforgiving champion has fought and defended the WWE United Kingdom Title multiple times, showing no remorse for the beatings he’s inflicted on his challengers along the way.

The next chapter in Dunne and Bate’s epic rivalry over the coveted WWE United Kingdom Championship takes place tonight when Dunne defends the title against Bate on NXT.

Every time these two foes meet inside the squared circle, the NXT Universe is left in awe by the rare combination of finesse and brutality displayed in their battles. Who will walk out of NXT the WWE United Kingdom Champion?

Find out when Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate clash tonight at 8/7 C on WWE Network.

• Can Roderick Strong topple Lars Sullivan en route to the Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender’s Match?

Roderick Strong and Lars Sullivan are vastly different Superstars. Yet, this Wednesday when they battle head-to-head on NXT, they have the same goal: to win and move on to the Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender’s Match.

The Messiah of the Backbreaker is a true underdog, battling his whole life to become one of the best in-ring grapplers in the world. He’s also a devoted family man who is fighting for his son and fiancée. Sullivan, on the other hand, has no family. The monstrous Superstars professed as much during his interview with the media on the Dec. 6 episode of NXT. Sullivan also is the furthest thing from an underdog.

Unbeaten in singles action since entering NXT, the 6-foot-3, 300-plus pound behemoth has destroyed his competition at every turn. With hands that look like they could squeeze the life out of a grizzly bear, Sullivan is a scary man. But, if there is a way to topple this giant, Strong may just be the Superstar to figure it out.

With a potential future opportunity to challenge Andrade “Cien” Almas for the NXT Title at TakeOver: Philadelphia on the line, the stakes are high for both Superstars.

See if Roderick Strong’s heart and desire will be enough to overcome the pure power and brute force of Lars Sullivan in their Fatal 4-Way No. 1 Contender’s Qualifying Match tonight on NXT.

COZZA'S NXT #426 REVIEW;

1. SAnitY (Eric Young/Killian Dain) vs. The Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish/Kyle O'Reilly) + NXT Tag Team Championships (7.5/10);
    - This was a great match. Adam Cole made his way to the ring during the match to help his team, however Nikki Cross would also make her way to the ring via the crowd and attacked Adam Cole. Cross was taken away and Cole tried to help again, however Dain tried to stop him this time however wasn't able to. Eric Young took Cole out with a Tope Suicida and then was the victim of what I'm sure is Total Elimination by Fish and O'Reilly who then got the win moments later.
    The Undisputed Era won via Pinfall - Eric Young pinned by Kyle O'Reilly.

• Video packages were played for Roderick Strong and then moments later for Shayna Baszler. (7/10)

• Heavy Machinery were outside the NXT Arena when they were met by Riddick Moss and Tino Sabbetelli. Words were exchanged between both teams before Moss and Sabbetelli left in their car that Heavy Machinery showed interest in. (6.5/10)

• Sonya Deville was interviewed in the WWE Perfomance Centre about facing Ember Moon. Deville said that she'd be facing Moon next week. (6.5/10)

• A video package was shown for Lars Sullivan about what he has done in NXT since his debut. (7/10)

2. Lars Sullivan vs. Roderick Strong + NXT Championship #1 Contenders Tournament (7/10);
    - Roderick Strong tried as hard as he could to try and defeat Lars Sullivan, however Sullivan was too big and too tough for Strong in this match. Lars Sullivan won via Pinfall.

• A video was shown of Street Profits recent 'Street Talk' with the WWE Universe. (6.5/10)

3. Tyler Bate vs. Pete Dunne (c) + WWE U.K. Championship (9/10);
    - This was an excellent match between two excellent competitors. Neither man wanted to give up and continued to push through pain. I was Pete Dunne however who came out the victor and retained his Championship. Pete Dunne won via Pinfall.

OVERALL EPISODE RATING: 57/8 = 7.125 = 7/10.

Review completed on Saturday, December 23rd.
    Last edited by COZZA SAID SO; 12-22-2017 at 08:11 PM.

You would think that an episode like this should be one of the most anticipated. Really doesn’t help when WWE aren’t exactly quiet about taping results, either. Everyone knew the results before the matches were even announced.

If you’re going to tape the shows, at least do them the day before or on the day itself like Raw and SD.

The rubber match between Pete Dunne and Tyler Bate was amazing.
    Happy Rusev Day!

Arrow WWE NXT #427 - 12/27/17 - Fatal-4-Way Match to decide Almas' next opponent *SPOILERS*

NXT preview, Dec. 27, 2017: Huge Fatal 4-Way Match to determine NXT Champion Almas’ next challenger

Lars Sullivan, Johnny Gargano, Aleister Black and Killian Dain will clash in a high-stakes No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match to see who will challenge Andrade “Cien” Almas for the NXT Championship at TakeOver: Philadelphia.

• Fatal 4-Way to determine NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas’ opponent at NXT Takeover: Philadelphia

The challenger to NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas at NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia will be determined tonight when four of the black-and-yellow brand’s toughest Superstars do battle in a No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

Killian Dain, Johnny Gargano, Aleister Black and Lars Sullivan all won Qualifying Matches to earn their berths into the four-way contest. The Beast of Belfast upended Trent Seven and Johnny Wrestling topped Kassius Ohno on the Dec. 6 edition of NXT, the Dutch destroyer overcame Undisputed ERA’s Adam Cole on the Dec. 13 episode, and Lars Sullivan upended Roderick Strong on the Dec. 20 episode.

Now all four Superstars will do battle in a Fatal 4-Way Match to see who will challenge for the NXT Title. Will it be Gargano’s Cinderella story, Sullivan’s path of destruction, Black’s undefeated dominance or Dain’s beastly combination of power and agility that will meet Andrade “Cien” Almas at TakeOver: Philadelphia?

Don’t miss Killian Dain vs. Johnny Gargano vs. Aleister Black vs. Lars Sullivan in a No. 1 Contender’s Fatal 4-Way Match on WWE NXT tonight, at 8/7 C to see which Superstar punches his ticket to TakeOver: Philadelphia.

• Can Sonya Deville seize the NXT Women’s Title from Ember Moon?

Sonya Deville isn’t done with NXT yet. The Raw Superstar has made her presence felt on Monday nights alongside Paige and Mandy Rose, but the submission specialist has some unfinished business with Ember Moon and the NXT Women’s Championship.

Last week in a combative interview with reporters, Deville voiced her displeasure with the fact that NXT’s War Goddess is holding the NXT Women’s Title. The New Jersey native’s frustration comes from the fact that she was never pinned by Moon during their NXT Women’s Title Triple Threat Qualifying Match. As a result, Deville will get a chance to win Moon’s coveted title on tonight’s episode of NXT.

Will Deville win the NXT Women’s Title from Moon and take the coveted prize with her to Raw? Or, will the champion give her fierce challenger an up-close view of her Eclipse before sending Deville back to Team Red?

Don’t miss NXT Women’s Champion Ember Moon vs. Sonya Deville tonight at 8/7 C on the award-winning WWE Network.

Might be worth watching even though everyone knows the results. Again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast