Thread: WWE NXT Discussion Thread (December Edition) *SPOILERS*

Arrow WWE NXT Discussion Thread (December Edition) *SPOILERS*

Welcome to the December Edition of the WWE NXT Discussion Thread. In this thread will be information and coverage for the entire month of December. I will try and keep it as spoiler free as possible. If you think something can be considered a spoiler and I've forgotten to add the spoiler tag to it, then let me know. ENJOY!

WWE NXT #424 preview, Dec. 6, 2017: A Championship Celebration for Andrade “Cien” Almas

As Andrade “Cien” Almas is thrown a Championship Celebration, the journey to determine his opponent at NXT TakeOver: Philadelphia kicks off with two all-important Qualifying Matches: Kassius Ohno vs. Velveteen Dream and Killian Dain vs. Trent Seven. Plus, SmackDown LIVE’s Ruby Riott meets Raw’s Sonya Deville in a No Holds Barred Match, tonight on WWE Network.

• Zelina Vega throws a celebration for NXT Champion Andrade “Cien” Almas

Life is good for Andrade “Cien” Almas. Not only is El Idolo the keeper of the NXT Championship, but the Superstar he defeated to win the title, Drew McIntyre, is out of the picture for now due to an arm injury he suffered against Almas at TakeOver: WarGames.

As NXT General Manager William Regal’s plan for determining Almas’ challenger at TakeOver: Philadelphia begins to take shape tonight in the form of two Qualifying Matches, Almas is sitting pretty, reaping the benefits of being the titleholder.

One such perk will be the Championship Celebration that Almas’ business manager, Zelina Vega, plans to throw for him tonight on WWE NXT. What will Almas have to say about the current state of affairs in NXT, as well as the battle to determine his next opponent? Find out tonight at 8/7 C, exclusively on the award-winning WWE Network.

• Who will move one step closer to an NXT Title Match at TakeOver: Philadelphia?

Starting tonight, a series of Qualifying Matches will begin to pave the way toward an all-important Fatal 4-Way Match that will decide who goes on to challenge Andrade “Cien” Almas at TakeOver: Philadelphia in January.

One of the first Qualifying Matches — Kassius Ohno vs. Velveteen Dream — pits two of the yellow-and-black brand’s most dynamic Superstars against each other. Both men are coming off tough losses at TakeOver: WarGames, with Ohno coming up short against the monstrous Lars Sullivan and Dream losing to Aleister Black. How will those outcomes affect each Superstar’s psyche as he heads into tonight’s all-important Qualifying Match? More importantly, which Superstar will move one step closer to earning an NXT Title opportunity?

• Killian Dain, Trent Seven clash for contention

Kassius Ohno and Velveteen Dream aren’t the only Superstars preparing for a high-stakes battle tonight, as SAnitY’s Killian Dain and Moustache Mountain’s Trent Seven are also set to duke it out in a qualifying bout.

The NXT Universe won’t soon forget the path of destruction that The Beast of Belfast carved in last month’s Triple Threat WarGames Match. The Undisputed ERA claimed victory in that encounter, but there’s no denying that Dain made a lasting impression on all who witnessed the chaos. Can the mesomorphic Dain continue to unleash carnage all the way to the NXT Title?

To do so, he’ll first have to get past Seven, who earned entry into the Qualifying Match by triumphing in a Battle Royal at a recent NXT Live Event. Seven might be giving up strength and size to SAnitY’s brawny brawler, but the Moustache Mountaineer is nothing if not shrewd and calculating. Will Seven’s ring savvy win out against Dain?

• Ruby Riott and Sonya Deville reignite rivalry in No Holds Barred Match

As members of The Riott Squad and Absolution, respectively, Ruby Riott and Sonya Deville haven’t taken long to turn the Women’s divisions of SmackDown LIVE and Raw upside-down. Tonight, however, the new members of Teams Blue and Red return to NXT for a final showdown inside the yellow ropes, this time with no holds barred!

Riott scored a victory the last time she put her hair up and squared up with Deville two weeks ago, though The Jersey Devil came dangerously close to reinjuring the punk-rock pugilist’s leg with her dreaded Ankle Lock. What’s in store for both Superstars tonight when they throw down in a match where no hold, no matter how dangerous, is off-limits?
    'WOKEN' MATT HARDY HAS ARRIVED...AND SO HAS 'WOKEN' COZZA SAID SO
    JOIN THE WOKEN BRILLIANCE AND YOU TOO CAN BECOME WOKEN...
    OTHERWISE...PREPARE TO BE DELETED!!!!! YAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!

Seems strange to give losing stars a shot in qualifiers, instead of pitting Black, Sullivan and Cole (Winners at Takeover: Wargames) in a triple threat for contendership.

As much as I'd like to see Dain with the belt, it may have been more fun to have their qualifier for the UK championship.

COZZA'S NXT #424 REVIEW;

• William Regal announced at the top of the show that due to Drew McIntyre being injured, a tournament to name a new #1 Contender will be held starting with this episode and end in a Fatal-4-Way Match where the winner will become that #1 Contender. It's a shame that McIntyre is out injured, however it leaves an opportunity open for someone to take. (7.5/10)

• Andrade "Cien" Almas and Zelena Vega held a celebration in-ring. There was no fancy celebratory items, just the two of them talking about Almas. (7/10)

• Lars Sullivan was interviewed by multiple reporters about his NXT Championship oppurtunity should he go on to win the tournament for it. Lars should've spoken more like a monsterous character rather than calmly like he did. (7/10)

1. Trent Seven vs. Killian Dain + NXT Championship #1 Contenders Tournament (7/10);
    - Trent Seven wasn't able to defeat Killian Dain and he was noticeably upset about this. Dain advances to the Fatal-4-Way Match where the winner of that match faces Andrade "Cien" Almas. Killian Dain won via Pinfall.

• The Undisputed Era had a promo backstage where they spoke about their win at WarGames and about their futures where Adam Cole said that he'd defeat Aleistar Black to advance in the NXT Championship Contenders Tournament and Bobby Fish and Kyle O'Reilly said that they'd defeat SAnitY to become the NXT Tag Team Champions. (7.5/10)

2. Ruby Riott vs. Sonya Deville + No Holds Barred Match (7.5/10);
    - This was a great match. Ruby refused to give up even whilst in a submission Hold from Sonya. In the end, the referee had to stop the match due to Ruby not giving up making Sonya the winner. Sonya Deville won via referee stoppage.

• Ember Moon was being interviewed about her Championship victory. However, she was interuppted by The Iconic Duo who wanted a Championship match due to Royce not being pinned in the Fatal-4-Way Match and Kay not even being in the match. Ember put a slight rift between the two on who'd get the shot, however Kay agreed that Peyton should get the match first. (6.5/10)

• There was a promo about someone debuting soon. The soon in the final shot featured symbol/s about from playing cards. I wonder who is coming soon. (7/10)

3. Kassius Ohno vs. Johnny Gargano + NXT Championship #1 Contenders Tournament (8.5/10)
    - This was an excellent match. Neither competitor wanted to give in. Kassius Ohno did however in the end after Gargano got him to tapout. I'm glad Gargano got the victory, however after suffering many losses it just doesn't make a whole lot of sense. Hopefully this continues for him and he gets the match with Almas. Johnny Gargano via Submission.

OVERALL EPISODE RATING: 65.5/9 = 7.27* = 7/10.
    Last edited by COZZA SAID SO; 6 Days Ago at 09:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    Seems strange to give losing stars a shot in qualifiers, instead of pitting Black, Sullivan and Cole (Winners at Takeover: Wargames) in a triple threat for contendership.

As much as I'd like to see Dain with the belt, it may have been more fun to have their qualifier for the UK championship.
    Good idea, but who do you even put over in that situation lol. I wouldn’t beat Sullivan or Black yet. I really like Adam Cole, and always have, but I think he would be the one to take the pin there. Unless the rest of undisputed era got involved.

I hope that I don't end up liking this new guy, otherwise I'll be devastated when they ruin him on the main roster.
    The Demon Will Rise Again...

Quote Originally Posted by KillerCommando View Post
    I hope that I don't end up liking this new guy, otherwise I'll be devastated when they ruin him on the main roster.
    I want to know who it is as his video package intrigues me.

Here's the video again for those that want to re-watch;

https://youtu.be/oUingTdSjC4

Also, two images that I screencaptured from the video that'll help us towards identifying who it is;

I’m going to guess either Donovan Dijack or Gunner

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    I’m going to guess either Donovan Dijack or Gunner
    I've seen Crazzy Steve's name being put out there too since the video was posted on YouTube.

Quote Originally Posted by COZZA SAID SO View Post
    I've seen Crazzy Steve's name being put out there too since the video was posted on YouTube.
    Really? I had no clue he was a free agent. That would be cool though. He was one of the few things I enjoyed while watching Impact Wrestling

I’m not really sure why we are putting our guesses in spoiler tags, but it’s better safe I guess Incase we end up being right

Quote Originally Posted by COZZA SAID SO View Post
    That's a really good guess, I think.
    Paul James - RWF/Nathan Adams - RWF/"The Outlaw" Rick Mercer - KOW

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    Really? I had no clue he was a free agent. That would be cool though. He was one of the few things I enjoyed while watching Impact Wrestling

I’m not really sure why we are putting our guesses in spoiler tags, but it’s better safe I guess Incase we end up being right
    Yeah, he recently attended a WWE Tryout.

Quote Originally Posted by WWEfan57 View Post
    That's a really good guess, I think.
    Hopefully it is who I've guessed it could be. It was one of the first thoughts that came to mind.

Is it Rockstar Spud, though? There were reports that he signed with WWE recently, so it could be him.

Quote Originally Posted by 90s0bserver View Post
    Is it Rockstar Spud, though? There were reports that he signed with WWE recently, so it could be him.
    The only thing keeping me from thinking it's Spud is that this seems like a dark character. I don't personally think it would fit Spud.
    Paul James - RWF/Nathan Adams - RWF/"The Outlaw" Rick Mercer - KOW

do not forgot it could be a woman (do not forgot nxt has just lost 5 women)

Quote Originally Posted by skells33 View Post
    do not forgot it could be a woman (do not forgot nxt has just lost 5 women)
    It's not. The silhouette is definitely a male.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmalky View Post
    It's not. The silhouette is definitely a male.
    That's what I thought too, though people are convinced that it's Shayna Baszler.
    The Demon Will Rise Again...

you might have to cross off Rockstar spud as he is going to the main roster and skipping NXT if rumors are true.

It’s Shayna Baszler. Not only did she use the Queen of Spades gimmick on the indies, but she was also at the recent NXT tapings.

Quote Originally Posted by God Of Gaming View Post
    It’s Shayna Baszler. Not only did she use the Queen of Spades gimmick on the indies, but she was also at the recent NXT tapings.
    The silhouette looks closer to that of a male though. I understand the reference and thought that myself, however it could still be someone else.