Thread: PS4 & XBOX PATCH UPDATE (and we need a PS4 fix for long loading).

PS4 & XBOX PATCH UPDATE (and we need a PS4 fix for long loading).

I like XCOM2, but this game has some issues on consoles (X and PS). It's disheartening to read a post on Steam around the patch and hear nothing about a console patch anywhere else, but from that post on Steam (w/no update). Consoles users kind of feel like the redheaded stepchild to 2K and Firaxis - when it comes to XCOM.

I get it - patches cost money on consoles and there has been a lack of patches in the past, so I assume this will be the only console patch we'll get, but it dose not mean you have to go radio silent about the console patch. I have bought XCOM2 for PS and X - with the current state its hard to spend a lot of time with XCOM2.

The loading still an issue with PS4 (time breakdown below). Could you please work on getting this at least on par with the Xbox One version.

First Mission (reload the mission).
    PS4 WOC 1:45
    PS4 1:14
    XBOX WOC:49
    XBOX :32

XBOX ONE X WOC :19

it's coming but on console you have to add ALL the porting specific issues to the already numerous PC version issues. so the update takes much longer to develop, and it's no the same team working on the console port...

but it'll come, I'm certain of it, I want to believe

I'd rather have waited for them to get it properly ready than play the abortion PS4 version.

At this point I doubt we'll will get get a patch for consoles.

They did the same thing with XCOM: EW on PS3. I waited patiently for it since I really enjoyed EU, but what I got was a total broken mess. Save corruption made Ironman impossible (just like Ironman in WotC). Guess how many patches we got? Zero.

To this day there has been no response from Firaxis or 2K. No apology, no "I'm sorry, but XCOM: EW didn't ship enough units for a patch to be cost effective" PR speak. That pill would have been easier to swallow than a wall of silence.

To be honest I don't even really like what they've done with WotC anyway. It would have been nice to play it, I guess? But as things stand Jake Soloman and Firaxis can shove the Chosen up their arse.

It's pretty awful - I submitted a complaint on 2K site - if I get any good news. I will share it.

I already sent a ticket to 2K, they just don't care.
    I also asked for a refund to Sony. They told me to send my complaints to 2K.

Responsibility denial, as always. This situation irritates me.

No respect for the consumers.

By the way, this is what the PS4 version of War of the Chosen looks like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrRAvTFdhJs

They replied to me, but they addressed me like I was 12. I asked if there was a patch that would address these issues, but instead of answering my question - they referred me to a generic 3 step fix - re-powering my device, re-downloading the software, and checking internet settings.

I was polite and asked them again about the patch. I hope there is one in the works and I hope it comes out s

I'm going to see if firaxis has a forum as well.

I know this would never happen, but I tweeted digital foundry about this game (I know I'm daydreaming). But it would really help if they made a video - I'm sure this would get fix if that happen and I wish publications would do the same thing. The more outlets that take about broken games. The more it would help getting them fix.

Thanks for the video and I had some of the same issue - but I just ended not playing anymore. I assume a patch would be on its way some time soon.

Was the console version developed by Blind Squirrel? We should address to them.

Firaxis doesn't have a forum because it would be flooded with people calling them out on their BS.