Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: BREAKING NEWS: Paige DONE as WWE competitor

Quote Originally Posted by The_Sherminator2 View Post
    Nope. Either they're waiting till Monday like they did Daniel Bryan or Paige doesn't want the announcement going out till she see's other doctors to get a second opinion.
    I was about to say the same thing.
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

Nope. Either they're waiting till Monday like they did Daniel Bryan or Paige doesn't want the announcement going out till she see's other doctors to get a second opinion.
    Alright, because until WWE themselves says anything, we don't even know what they truly thinks of all this.

So I'm sticking with Paige being injured until WWE makes their official call on the matter. We're jumping the gun slightly throwing around the word retired so soon, as likely as that outcome is, but still.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/justinlynch3
    Music and video games. Dio, Nickleback, Nighwish, GTA, WWE, Uncharted and more.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    Alright, because until WWE themselves says anything, we don't even know what they truly thinks of all this.

So I'm sticking with Paige being injured until WWE makes their official call on the matter. We're jumping the gun slightly throwing around the word retired so soon, as likely as that outcome is, but still.
    That's my opinion on this until we get official confirmation on this from WWE or Paige herself. You know how fast rumors can spread online that turn out to be not true.

Quote Originally Posted by arbiter221 View Post
    That's my opinion on this until we get official confirmation on this from WWE or Paige herself. You know how fast rumors can spread online that turn out to be not true.
    Plus not every case is the same. Edged worked for years with neck injuries before it caught up to him, Sheamus is currently working with neck issues, Nikki Bella has next issues and has returned a few times, and I see her returning again possibly for the Rumble? We already know she'll be at RAW 25th anniversary.

So not every case of neck issues is like Sting or Bryan where your injured and then that's it, game over, your done. It all just depends how severe Paige issues ends up being.

#ThankYouPaige

Plus not every case is the same. Edged worked for years with neck injuries before it caught up to him, Sheamus is currently working with neck issues, Nikki Bella has next issues and has returned a few times, and I see her returning again possibly for the Rumble? We already know she'll be at RAW 25th anniversary.

So not every case of neck issues is like Sting or Bryan where your injured and then that's it, game over, your done. It all just depends how severe Paige issues ends up being.
    Exactly my point.

The amount of people on social media immediately calling for the axe on Sasha is ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    The amount of people on social media immediately calling for the axe on Sasha is ridiculous...
    In case it isn't obvious, I'm no where near being a fan of Sasha Banks, but I highly doubt she injured Paige on purpose, she isn't Sexy Star after all.
    "The power to be strong and the wisdom to be wise; all these things will come to you in time." Phil Collins

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    Look some of those must obviously be Paige fans and emotions are probably high with this shocking sad bit of news. So I think their over-zealousness in calling for Sasha to be fired is understandable. Not that I condone it.

I wonder if this will lead to Sasha Banks getting booed at the shows. Well, I always thought she was better as a heel anyway. But, no, this is some sad news to hear. But, if she's done, I believe she at least did enough on the main roster to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in the future.
    It's, um, Double!

Quote Originally Posted by Double-H215 View Post
    I wonder if this will lead to Sasha Banks getting booed at the shows. Well, I always thought she was better as a heel anyway. But, no, this is some sad news to hear. But, if she's done, I believe she at least did enough on the main roster to be inducted into the Hall of Fame in the future.
    Future Youngest WWE Hall of Famer.

Look some of those must obviously be Paige fans and emotions are probably high with this shocking sad bit of news. So I think their over-zealousness in calling for Sasha to be fired is understandable. Not that I condone it.
    See if I was in Paige spot I would troll all those pissed off fans hard right now. I'd go get a selfie taken with Sasha with us both smiling and call her my bff and post it on Twitter. lmao.

Edit:

#CareerInQuestion
    #FriendshipIsNot

Oh I'd have a field day with the fans at time like this.
    Last edited by justinlynch3; 1 Week Ago at 01:49 PM.

See if I was in Paige spot I would troll all those pissed off fans hard right now. I'd go get a selfie taken with Sasha with us both smiling and call her my bff and post it on Twitter. lmao.

Edit:

#CareerInQuestion
    #FriendshipIsNot

Oh I'd have a field day with the fans at time like this.
    I'd do the same, than again maybe she hasn't been on Twitter for the last few days over this news. I wouldn't blame her if that is the case.

I'd do the same, than again maybe she hasn't been on Twitter for the last few days over this news. I wouldn't blame her if that is the case.
    True. I'm also the type not to moop on things for very long, it's not about not caring or anything, just if something happens it happens. No point dreading what you can't change.

But I get that few people are like that.

Quote Originally Posted by thecarolinabull View Post
    In case it isn't obvious, I'm no where near being a fan of Sasha Banks, but I highly doubt she injured Paige on purpose, she isn't Sexy Star after all.
    Or maybe they just believe wrestling is real and that Sasha should be bashed and booed.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnobraiLBT View Post
    Or maybe they just believe wrestling is real and that Sasha should be bashed and booed.
    I highly doubt they think it's real. Then again, I could be wrong.

I highly doubt they think it's real. Then again, I could be wrong.
    I forgot where I was watching this from: but, I was watching people actually sharing their reason behind the hate of Roman Reigns, and they all sounded like marks. If I can remember correctly, all of the bought into the kayfabe side of Roman Reigns. Nobody talked about the bookings and the crappy lines he had to say. And I think their hate is based off of looking for a reason why hardcore wrestling fan that be on site and want to see an indie or NJPW star be used as the face for the WWE.

So, I wouldn't knock it. They could be dead serious.

And another example would be some fool jumping over the barricade to attack a heel.
    It's, um, Double!

Yeah Iím not the biggest fan of her either. I just canít believe how much backlash there is over it.

I mean I guess I can understand that perspective. Every time my Pittsburgh Steelers lose a football game, tons of fans call for either coaches or players heads. Especially after last night too, my god... So yeah I can relate to that somewhat, so good point there. I donít condone that either, unless itís absolutely necessary.

I just wish people would step back and realize that this wasnít a matter of if, but when. Paigeís days were numbered anyway. She even admitted herself on a podcast that her own doctor didnít want her to compete in the ring again, and plus she has scoliosis in her spine. Anyone couldíve injured Paige with the state sheís in. Iím not defending Sasha either, but Iím pretty sure Paige was aware of the spot, it was just a dangerous spot to do. It takes two...
    Last edited by Zeokage; 5 Days Ago at 01:32 AM.

I forgot where I was watching this from: but, I was watching people actually sharing their reason behind the hate of Roman Reigns, and they all sounded like marks. If I can remember correctly, all of the bought into the kayfabe side of Roman Reigns. Nobody talked about the bookings and the crappy lines he had to say. And I think their hate is based off of looking for a reason why hardcore wrestling fan that be on site and want to see an indie or NJPW star be used as the face for the WWE.

So, I wouldn't knock it. They could be dead serious.

And another example would be some fool jumping over the barricade to attack a heel.
    Not everyone who watches wrestling is a so-called "smart mark" who knows insider lingo and roots out backstage gossip and shoot stuff. A guy I went to school with knew wrestling wasn't real, but knew no insider lingo and talked about was happened on the shows as if it were real. Plus, I know it's fake and I hate Brock Lesnar enough to want to gut him like a fish.

If there's anyone out there who still thinks it's real, they're probably just really young children who haven't been taught yet or severely mentally handicapped people (someone I knew who did think wrestling was real was a little on the slow side).
    Last edited by thecarolinabull; 6 Days Ago at 08:24 AM.

Not everyone who watches wrestling is a so-called "smart mark" who knows insider lingo and roots out backstage gossip and shoot stuff. A guy I went to school with knew wrestling wasn't real, but knew no insider lingo and talked about was happened on the shows as if it were real. Plus, I know it's fake and I hate Brock Lesnar enough to want to gut him like a fish.

If there's anyone out there who still thinks it's real, they're probably just really young children who haven't been taught yet or severely mentally handicapped people (someone I knew who did think wrestling was real was a little on the slow side).
    Oh, no, I know. But, they usually go in the opposite direction of kayfabe and claim everything's fake.

But, check out some of the YouTube comments. And I dare you not to respond, because it's some of the most ridiculous comments you'll ever see on YouTube. TNA's are worse. But, they're probably kids... adult kids, which would be a mental health thing. So, either way, you're right.
    It's, um, Double!

Oh, no, I know. But, they usually go in the opposite direction of kayfabe and claim everything's fake.
    The fans don't, those are the asshats who hate on it.

But, check out some of the YouTube comments. And I dare you not to respond, because it's some of the most ridiculous comments you'll ever see on YouTube. TNA's are worse. But, they're probably kids... adult kids, which would be a mental health thing. So, either way, you're right.
    Trust me, I know. Back when I was young and dumb I used to post comments on YouTube videos and got trolled and threatened all the time. Same thing with Twitter, hence why I don't really use it anymore.

This forum is about the only place I can have civilized conversations about wrestling.

The fans don't, those are the asshats who hate on it.

Trust me, I know. Back when I was young and dumb I used to post comments on YouTube videos and got trolled and threatened all the time. Same thing with Twitter, hence why I don't really use it anymore.

This forum is about the only place I can have civilized conversations about wrestling.
    Diffence is this place is pretty firmly moderated. Twitter and Youtube you can say almost anything.

Diffence is this place is pretty firmly moderated. Twitter and Youtube you can say almost anything.
    Same with Reddit on there people can say almost anything they want.

Looks like WWE isn't admitting to Paige being being done, at least not yet. She came out with Absolution like normal, still in ring gear non the less. If she was finished you'd expect some kind of announcement, at least a WWE.com message or something.

Unlike Sting Paige is still young, is this a sign WWE still has fate she'll recovery and be back in the ring?

Or did I miss something?

Looks like WWE isn't admitting to Paige being being done, at least not yet. She came out with Absolution like normal, still in ring gear non the less. If she was finished you'd expect some kind of announcement, at least a WWE.com message or something.

Unlike Sting Paige is still young, is this a sign WWE still has fate she'll recovery and be back in the ring?

Or did I miss something?
    Maybe they're doing more tests, or Paige is getting a second opinion from elsewhere. Maybe that's what's going on.

Maybe they're doing more tests, or Paige is getting a second opinion from elsewhere. Maybe that's what's going on.
    Yea that seems likely.

Yea that seems likely.
    We'll have to wait and see what happens. Some are thinking on social media that this whole this is a work and that in the Women's Royal Rumble match, Paige will be Number 30. That is very unlikely, but if that did turn out to be the case, I'd be surprised.

The severity of the injury might be a work, but the injury itself can’t be.

But what an underwhelming #30 that would be. It would just show how few options WWE actually has. Besides, #30 needs a genuine chance at winning the Rumble, and at the moment, Asuka could be the first entrant and still win the whole thing.

I really just hope WWE feed Alexa to Asuka at the Rumble so that the Rumble match might actually retain the unpredictability it should have.

Peyton winning would be dreamy (and of course nothing more), but the ID have pretty much been jobbers since San Antonio.

At this rate I’ll take Sasha winning the Rumble and/or making Asuka tap in a 20-second match at ‘Mania.
    The stars are in the sky for Paige...

Quote Originally Posted by God Of Gaming View Post
    So I guess she's not retiring. That's good.

Well looks like Paige is still hopeful.

So I guess she's not retiring. That's good.
    Maybe the injury isn't as bad as initially assumed.

Paige officially out of the Rumble, although she says she’ll still be at the event to support Absolution. Whether that’s in the crowd, backstage or at ringside, no one knows.

Quote Originally Posted by God Of Gaming View Post
    Paige officially out of the Rumble, although she says she’ll still be at the event to support Absolution. Whether that’s in the crowd, backstage or at ringside, no one knows.
    Despite that I see people on Reddit are thinking she could be in the Rumble as number 30 that's very unlikely,as they think this injury is a work, which is also very unlikely but than again they've had storylines like this before.

Don't know how legit this is since it was reported by Hollywood Life but according to a source within WWE, Paige is struggling to come to terms with her in-ring career being over.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...areer-is-over/
    If you believe in "roster slots" you probably believe in Reptilian Overlords too.
    WWE 2K YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLT...5Hoy8Vw8CRN5-w

Don't know how legit this is since it was reported by Hollywood Life but according to a source within WWE, Paige is struggling to come to terms with her in-ring career being over.

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...areer-is-over/
    I'm not going to say either way.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12