Thread: Leader's Background Design!

Leader's Background Design!

Dear Devs,

I want to pay your attention on leader's background pictures, which seem unfinished.
    The picture behind leader was full-screen at first, which looked really nice, like here:

After some of them started to look like on this picture:

And now some leaders have this piece of picture behind, which doesn't look so cool:

Looks like your designers still didn't find the best option for it.
    I am asking you to rework all backgrounds behind leaders, so it doesn't seem unfinished and the leader is not in front of empty black background. There are many solutions to create a beautiful background.
    Just think of it.

Thanks for attention.
    Last edited by Alish23; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:42 PM.

You're right. That last one looks incredibly unpolished.

As an artist myself, I'd choke if that is what I'd come up with for a finished product.

It looks more like a rough sketch or a random idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzenkrimis View Post
    You're right. That last one looks incredibly unpolished.

As an artist myself, I'd choke if that is what I'd come up with for a finished product.

It looks more like a rough sketch or a random idea.
    Yes, I totally agree with u. Looks like a rough sketch.
    I worked as a graphic designer for 6 years, i would never leave a design like this myself.
    So it's surprising for me, that such a big game company which have a team of people who are working on design, did something like this. Especially considering that all the rest of the design has good styling, it's at least strange.

I noticed this too!!! The new ones seems unfinished and should be like the default leaders design!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sozin View Post
    I noticed this too!!! The new ones seems unfinished and should be like the default leaders design!!
    Yes. I hope they will rework them all and backgrounds would look even better than default leader design.

Looking at this background, u can feel the atmosphere of Africa, it's bright and looks dangerous, what is cool:

But this one is too dark, I don't feel a Zulu atmosphere looking at it. Where is sun? It's Africa!:

This is what I did, just as an example:

I noticed they have reduced the leaders background for every default civ!
    This is so stupid! 70% of leader background is a dark blur.
    Great way to support the artist that maded those scenarios!!

Talking about leaders background I just want to tell that Peter have the most boring of them:

Most of the leaders background show something that will represent the nation that they are leading.
    Peter show a lot a barrel, ships being repaired/constructed .... although that Russia's gamestyle is geared towards land units. Peter made a cultural revolution in Russia in cultural and architectural terms, but decided to show a lot of wood and stairs ....
    I sinceraly hope that they change this background for something that represent Russian landscape

Quote Originally Posted by Sozin View Post
    Talking about leaders background I just want to tell that Peter have the most boring of them:
    Most of the leaders background show something that will represent the nation that they are leading.
    Peter show a lot a barrel, ships being repaired/constructed .... although that Russia's gamestyle is geared towards land units. Peter made a cultural revolution in Russia in cultural and architectural terms, but decided to show a lot of wood and stairs ....
    I sinceraly hope that they change this background for something that represent Russian landscape
    Yes my friend, i totally agree with u. I noticed this too.
    Besides, Netherlands, Spain, England were also engaged in shipbuilding and had a good fleet, but for some reason only in Russia's background it is demonstrated. There must be something more related to Russia behind Peter than barrels and ships.