Thread: Dolph Ziggler officially re-signs

Dolph Ziggler officially re-signs

This may be old news to those that saw the news of a match vs. Baron Corbin this Tuesday, but Dolph Ziggler has officially re-signed with the Fed. Ziggler’s underwhelming Rumble tenure was because it was thought by officials that he had one foot out of the door; the US Title relinquishment and subsequent tournament was actually a means of writing Dolph off TV so that WWE could quietly release him at the end of his contract. Dolph is happy with his current midcard role of putting other talent over and being told what to do, provided that he may leave the arena once he has wrestled and can partake in any outside endeavours (such as stand-up comedy) that don’t interfere with the WWE’s schedule; this was agreed in a new big-money deal.

Source: WhatCulture
    GET THESE HANDS

I'm glad he re-signed with WWE. Although I'd like to see him in a better position and I know he does too, anything on TV is still good enough. Look at Curt Hawkins who has been on a losing streak since his return, he doesn't mind as long as he is getting paid good money which is what it's mainly about. To some it's not as big of a deal, others it is.

Heck, if I was in the same role as either...I'd probably do the exact same stuff they do. Yeah, I'd be hoping for more...but I won't take issue with it as long as income is still being made and I'm on TV, which they are. It might not be as often, but it's still better than nothing. They get paid whether they appear on TV or not, they probably get more for appearing on TV though.
    'WOKEN' MATT HARDY HAS ARRIVED...AND SO HAS 'WOKEN' COZZA SAID SO
    JOIN THE WOKEN BRILLIANCE AND YOU TOO CAN BECOME WOKEN...
    OTHERWISE...PREPARE TO BE DELETED!!!!! YAAAAAASSSSSS!!!!!

Kind of a shock after how outspoken he’s been about his position the past few years. Good for him if he’s happy, but I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t pulling for him to show up in NJPW.

I’m a huge fan of Ziggler as most people know. But I honestly don’t know how I feel about this new deal. It just seems that he’s chasing money and is content with his current spot in WWE.
    Happy Rusev Day!

I agree Azzim, I’ve read countless interviews with him stating his frustrations with his position. So much so that I was sure he was done after this past contract. Wonder if old Vince promised him a push if he stayed or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Unearth View Post
    I agree Azzim, I’ve read countless interviews with him stating his frustrations with his position. So much so that I was sure he was done after this past contract. Wonder if old Vince promised him a push if he stayed or something?
    I think the freedom to pursue outside projects is what made the deal for him. If he went somewhere else, the freedom would still be there, but he wouldn’t get the same money from the other promotions. So he can pursue those other projects, and still get a good paycheck from WWE.
    Happy Rusev Day!

Yeah that’s a good point. Setting himself up good for the future I guess...

Overall sounds like Ziggler got a good deal. I probably would of asked for at least 1 world title at some point over his new contract, but still a big money deal, the ability to leave work early (soon as his match is done) and the freedom to pursue outside projects is still a sweet gig.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/justinlynch3
    Music and video games. Dio, Nickleback, Nighwish, GTA, WWE, Uncharted and more.

I'm more surprised that WWE offered him that type of deal. To me, that says that WWE liked having him around even if they don't book him the best.
    Paul James - RWF/Nathan Adams - RWF/"The Outlaw" Rick Mercer - KOW

Quote Originally Posted by WWEfan57 View Post
    I'm more surprised that WWE offered him that type of deal. To me, that says that WWE liked having him around even if they don't book him the best.
    Kinda proves Bulla Ray theory of Zigger being a good workhorse that can put anyone over, but won't amount to much himself.
    https://www.youtube.com/user/justinlynch3
    Music and video games. Dio, Nickleback, Nighwish, GTA, WWE, Uncharted and more.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    Kinda proves Bulla Ray theory of Zigger being a good workhorse that can put anyone over, but won't amount to much himself.
    I guess the issue is that he is too good at making other people look good. Mr. Perfect had the same issue, in my opinion.
    Paul James - RWF/Nathan Adams - RWF/"The Outlaw" Rick Mercer - KOW

Glad to hear Dolph is getting what he wants. I'd love to see him win the big one again someday but if he's happy with the deal then that's good enough for me.
    IGN: dustyrhodesdogg
    Titan
    Unicorn Clan