View Poll Results: Do you feel gameplay mechanics are rigged?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 92.86%
  • No

1 7.14%

Thread: Gameplay is rigged?

Gameplay is rigged?

I started an account EXCLUSIVELY for the reason that i have been so frustrated with seemingly rigged gameplay mechanics that i'm about to explode.

I understand a game should be challenging as it is fun, but there is no fun when my own team AI runs around like deaf, dumb, and blind children, especially when i'm controlling them, on top of seeing the replays when the computer makes shots that pass through the body parts of my blocks.

I have won matches on every single game difficulty. Once you get to Pro, the bad glitches come in. The impossible drives right by my defenders. The completely impossible jukes that turns my players into two year old cripples without fail. The sure fire three pointers right when the computer needs them. The non-existence of computer shot grades AND endurance meters (REALLY!?). The steals that make no sense. The list goes on and on.

I like a lot about this game which is why i keep playing. I WANT TO ENJOY THE GAME. I like how details from the courts to the players has been polished. I like the extensive settings that allow me to tailor both gameplay and camera angles. And i even enjoy the halftime and Jordan Player of The Game videos.

But until the computer gameplay mechanics are fixed i'm not going to buy the next installment - or any other. Why would i pay another $60 for just an updated roster that will drive me just as insane with the flaws in gameplay?

Quote Originally Posted by Avarice88 View Post
    I started an account EXCLUSIVELY for the reason that i have been so frustrated with seemingly rigged gameplay mechanics that i'm about to explode.

I understand a game should be challenging as it is fun, but there is no fun when my own team AI runs around like deaf, dumb, and blind children, especially when i'm controlling them, on top of seeing the replays when the computer makes shots that pass through the body parts of my blocks.

I have won matches on every single game difficulty. Once you get to Pro, the bad glitches come in. The impossible drives right by my defenders. The completely impossible jukes that turns my players into two year old cripples without fail. The sure fire three pointers right when the computer needs them. The non-existence of computer shot grades AND endurance meters (REALLY!?). The steals that make no sense. The list goes on and on.

I like a lot about this game which is why i keep playing. I WANT TO ENJOY THE GAME. I like how details from the courts to the players has been polished. I like the extensive settings that allow me to tailor both gameplay and camera angles. And i even enjoy the halftime and Jordan Player of The Game videos.

But until the computer gameplay mechanics are fixed i'm not going to buy the next installment - or any other. Why would i pay another $60 for just an updated roster that will drive me just as insane with the flaws in gameplay?
    Yes. The game is rigged to keep matches close and "exciting". Everyone here knows it, regardless of how much the 2k development deny it. 2k14 is for the casual gamer. It's really sad because underneath there's a good game. Casuals are what make gaming companies rich, and their games lackluster. I have a very long rant about this. Should still be on the front page.

Quote Originally Posted by ckgray View Post
    Yes. The game is rigged to keep matches close and "exciting". Everyone here knows it, regardless of how much the 2k development deny it. 2k14 is for the casual gamer. It's really sad because underneath there's a good game. Casuals are what make gaming companies rich, and their games lackluster. I have a very long rant about this. Should still be on the front page.
    BY GOD THANK YOU! I thought i was insane thinking this alone.

I also agree that the game can be superlative if done with better mechanics.

Nah you're not alone. A few people on another forum refer to it as 'cheesing'. Most of the time it turns overboard in the 4th quarter. I can't stand it especially when they're blatantly obvious such as CPU reaching over your player for impossible rebounds, forced alley-oops, hitting impossible shots, hitting almost 75% 3 point shots, 'ghost' intercepts where the CPU's arm made no contact with the ball yet it's as if they have the ball on a string.

EXACTLY! I can't even tell how many replays i've had to look at only to see the ball defy all physics in favor of the computer

It is. Makes the game more f***ing annoying when you have the lead and the momentum for three whole quarters then suddenly they have it and they'll win the game. ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺.

Quote Originally Posted by twotowers33 View Post
    It is. Makes the game more f***ing annoying when you have the lead and the momentum for three whole quarters then suddenly they have it and they'll win the game. ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺.
    Been there before so many times

This game makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes

Quote Originally Posted by eithacos View Post
    This game makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes

I'm a handful of quick games away from leaving the series altogether. It's so ridiculous. I've got well over 100+ hours playing this installment alone. I've had over 90% of that time pulling my hair out. I'm practically bald now. It's not worth it anymore.

I am going to disagree with it being rigged. If you want to argue the AI being completely incompetent and in need of changes in the fourth quarter, I understand. In my opinion rigged means the odds are so severely against you it takes almost 100% execution to win. I do not play a ton of offline games anymore, but when I did in the past I just chalked it up to the AI on the CPU making the game close like it does in every other sports game. This game isn't alone in it but when I use to play it all the time, it was laughable at how often a well timed three would go in. I changed my game style in the fourth quarter to be a grind out style while milking the clock as much as I could and it seemed to help me. Not fun, but when I need a win you gotta do whatever it takes haha

Quote Originally Posted by hotsprtstar View Post
    I am going to disagree with it being rigged. If you want to argue the AI being completely incompetent and in need of changes in the fourth quarter, I understand. In my opinion rigged means the odds are so severely against you it takes almost 100% execution to win. I do not play a ton of offline games anymore, but when I did in the past I just chalked it up to the AI on the CPU making the game close like it does in every other sports game. This game isn't alone in it but when I use to play it all the time, it was laughable at how often a well timed three would go in. I changed my game style in the fourth quarter to be a grind out style while milking the clock as much as I could and it seemed to help me. Not fun, but when I need a win you gotta do whatever it takes haha
    I'm referring specifically to Quick Matches...If you're up in the 4th, let's say by 10 pts or so...There's no doubt that your teammates will start to sag on defense, loose balls go right through their hands, they'll turn the ball over on routine passes, you'll miss at least 1 out of 2 FT's per trip and you can forget about hitting open 3's...This is ESPECIALLY true if you're playing against a better ranked team than the one you chose, home or away...It's just ridiculous...As was mentioned earlier, the ball will sometimes defy physics in order to close the point gap in the 4th (easily verifiable in offline mode replays).

*For the record, I have an A+ offense rating and A+ defense rating...So, it's not my imagination that there is MOST DEFINITELY comeback cheese/AI in this game.