Thread: Record was enjoyable :)

Record was enjoyable :)

I just finished listening to the I Am Rapture Rapture is Me record from the SE. Very nice I must say, I haven't listened to a record for a while & had forgotten how different of a quality the sound can be. Some of the new tracks on the flip side are genuinely spooky. Also the extended version of Rise Rapture Rise was great too. I must admit I enjoyed this record more than I would have thought. Nice job 2K

What tracks are on the record? The scores or the songs?

Quote Originally Posted by Nohjo View Post
    The complete track list is here: http://vgmdb.net/album/17717
    Not sure why they have the price set at $99.99 though...
    I wish they'd put it on a CD also, as I can't listen to LP's.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginedBug View Post
    The complete track list is here: http://vgmdb.net/album/17717
    Not sure why they have the price set at $99.99 though...
    I wish they'd put it on a CD also, as I can't listen to LP's.
    I imagine they put that price as that's the cost for the special edition which is the only place you can get the record. (console price anyway I suppose they could have put the PC price)

Quote Originally Posted by Nohjo View Post
    The score. If you want a sountrack inspired by the game, more info is here: http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/soundtrack

Does anyone know if it's still possible to get a SITS Rise, Rapture, Rise 7"? I missed it while it was going on, but I'd love to have one to stick in my Special Edition box...

Thanks.

im willing to sell my vnl.....i have no use for it...."i burned it onto my com"

Quote Originally Posted by surfingelectrode View Post
    Does anyone know if it's still possible to get a SITS Rise, Rapture, Rise 7"? I missed it while it was going on, but I'd love to have one to stick in my Special Edition box...

Thanks.
    I highly doubt it - you'd best be looking at somewhere like eBay.

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    The score. If you want a sountrack inspired by the game, more info is here: http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/soundtrack
    I heard that the score for BS2 would be available digitally, like the first one was. Any idea when that will be released?

i dont have a way to play my records.. =(

At what rate do you have to play the record??

Quote Originally Posted by O.O.L. View Post
    At what rate do you have to play the record??
    33 RPM (i had to look this is the first record I've used in years lol)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
    Oh? It's not a 45?

No worries, I can't play mine till later on when I next visit my parents. I don't have a turntable; and worse, my home theatre reciever doesn't have a phono pre amp input...

Quote Originally Posted by Hyden View Post
    I thought 7" singles, such as this, are almost always 45?

Quote Originally Posted by Laika View Post
    I thought 7" singles, such as this, are almost always 45?
    This is a 12''

I really, REALLY wish they would make this thing available on CD or as a digital download. I'd happily PAY for the opportunity to listen to this. I have the version which was released with BS1 came out, but that appears to be some sort of sampler, as the 12" vinyl has double the tracks, plus a bonus track with the game play queues.

I can't listen to this in it's current state. For nostalgia purposes (considering the time period of the game, the vinyl was cool, but very few people have turntables anymore (even though vinyl is on a sort of mini comeback)

Please, PLEASE make this available in another format so it can be enjoyed by all of those who purchased the SE of the game.

Sinclair Saucer Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by redthorn View Post
    I will have it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by redthorn View Post
    How'd you do that?!

i am 16 and have a turntable! you guys should too!

lol, im just joking around with you guys... i loved listening to records when i was younger, i was amazed at how the needle could produce sound, and i always liked the sound better than CDs so i just stuck with it...

also, almost all 12" records play at 33 1/3 RPM, if they are 12" 45s, it will likely say 45 RPM in HUGE letters on the label, as this is very out of the ordinary...

likewise almost all 7" records run at 45 RPM unless otherwise stated

basically the bigger the slower, the smaller the faster

lets not get into 78s lol

I had to outsource a download, don't have a Record Player :<

Im looking to buy the vnl...but i just got 500 dollar dresser for my birthday and i bought one of those record/cd/cassete/mp3 players so im kinda broke but maybe i can squeeze a few more bucks out of my dad
    if were talking about...under 20 bucks maybe?

decent turntables can be found at thrift stores for $5-10

add another $35-40 for a decent cartridge that wont ruin your record and you're set...

so $50 TOPS!

I have the SE of the game, and so the vinyl. But I don't have a turntable sadly
    I have heard the soundtrack before, but I do want to listen to the Gameplay Cues they have putten in.
    Does anyone know how I can listen to this one?
    Please PM me.

spend $50 and invest in a cheap turntable...

you will be able to listen to any records (which sound better than MP3s or CDs IMO), well worth it

read my other post (right above yours)

What's a good record player to get? Is there a "sweet spot" player that everyone recognizes as having the best price/performance ratio?

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    Where is "Ten Cents a Dance"?

Although the LP says it's the Bioshock score, the one that is available for digital download only has 12 tracks, but this one has 24. Were these other 12 never made available for download, then?

Don't have a record player, so while I'm unable to listen to mine, the vinyl record makes for a neat art/conversation piece. I've framed mine to hang on the wall & plan on doing the same with the Rapture .45 once I find a frame for it.

Quote Originally Posted by navinkc5 View Post
    How'd you do that?!
    Yeah, Does anyone know how this can be done? I'd really like to convert my LP to MP3 format.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Lightning View Post
    Where is "Ten Cents a Dance"?
    It doesn't have every song from the game, I've noticed. That's pretty back when the soundtrack has several songs I didn't even remember in the game, and lacks others that I wanted Ohz wellz.

Quote Originally Posted by WrenchJockey63 View Post
    Yeah, Does anyone know how this can be done? I'd really like to convert my LP to MP3 format.
    You can buy record converters. I own one, got it in Costco a few years back...

if it wasnt for Bioshock, i wouldnt be able to fully appreciate these older songs. and i'm a hiphop artist who listens to mostly rap, with some metal and video game soundtracks thrown in.

also, i really wish i had bought the special edition now -_-

Havnt had a chance to listen to my record yet D: Don't have a record play and none of my family members or friends have on ><

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    You can buy record converters. I own one, got it in Costco a few years back...
    Record converter is not necessary if you want it in mp3. The original Bioshock 1 orchestral score is available for download to save as mp3 at cult of rapture under the Bioshock 1 Downloads section.

For your convenience, here is the direct download link: http://downloads.2kgames.com/bioshoc...hock_Score.zip
    So, unzip the file and immerse yourself back into the music of Bioshock 1 composed by the great Garry Schyman.

If you want to check the Bioshock 1 downloads without navigating through cult of rapture link, go here: http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/downloads-bioshock

In addition to the orchestral score or soundtrack, Bioshock 1 downloads include screenshots, icons, a fankit and the artbook (low res and hi res) that was sold as a hardcover artbook in the BS2 special edition.

P.S. Cohen's Masterpiece is my favourite track.

i dont have a record player either : (
    im gonna frame my record though!

and my posters! there classy enough to be on display in a nice house i think : )