Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Bioshock 2 audio log?

What's your favorite Bioshock 2 audio log?

After finishing the game, I am reflecting back on one of my favorite parts of Bioshock 1, which was the audio logs. Without getting into favorite Bioshock 1 audio logs, for which there already is a thread (search my past thread responses to find it). I would like to know what other people's favorite audio logs of Bioshock 2 were. Mine (so far after only hearing them (and not all of them) once) is the one where Andrew Ryan and Sophia Lamb are debating in front of a crowd. I believe its in the first level. They are basically debating the difference between belief in an objective reality and reality as a social construct...that either there is a true reality out there (Ryan) or that there is only a reality which is agreed upon (consensus) (Lamb). Paraphrased from my flawed memory: "It's raining in rapture, Andrew Ryan, you have simply chosen not to notice." Sophia Lamb.
    -Wrench Jurker

Personally I thought the Audio logs of Gil Alexander and Eleanor, Sofia, and of course Mark Meltzer were the best. It's hard to hate any of the audio logs honestly, they are all quite well done.

Do you have any specific audio logs that you remember? That is, could you share details (without spoilers for anyone who hasn't beaten it yet) so I know which ones you're talking about.
    -Wrench Jurker

i quite enjoyed the ones from fontain especially when he is sorting out Atlas's voice and he says "and its goodby fontain and hello atlas"

gotta be.....

My favourite has got to be the mark meltzer audio logs. I think there is only about 5 of them but after following his story on somethinginthesea.com it was great to get closure to that story. and I really commend 2K for putting him in the final game!

I rather liked the ones with actual dialogue, more specifically the debates between Lamb and Ryan. Also the one by Ryan when you enter Fontaine Futuristics.

I really liked Elenore's audio diaries, specifically the on where she talks about seeing the "dogs" but in people skin

My favorite is Devin LeMaster's in Ryan Amusements.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmobb View Post
    i quite enjoyed the ones from fontain especially when he is sorting out Atlas's voice and he says "and its goodby fontain and hello atlas"
    right on. I forgot about that one. Its one of those that I found funny the first time, and bet will be funny over and over again. The change in voice is really uprupt and well done.
    -Wrench Jurker

Fontaine had a few good ones. No idea why he left audio logs claming he was Atlas though. What if someone found those earlier?

Quote Originally Posted by Nastadon View Post
    Fontaine had a few good ones. No idea why he left audio logs claming he was Atlas though. What if someone found those earlier?
    Sadly i only found one Audio Diary and that was the one in his office "Goodbye to Fontaine and Hello.....ect ect"
    Could you list the others please?

Quote Originally Posted by panda rave View Post
    I really liked Elenore's audio diaries, specifically the on where she talks about seeing the "dogs" but in people skin
    I forgot about that one I guess that one is my favorite.

But I did like the one with the kid, I think his name was billy. He liked one of the little sisters and left her a present.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSisterSaviour View Post
    Sadly i only found one Audio Diary and that was the one in his office "Goodbye to Fontaine and Hello.....ect ect"
    Could you list the others please?
    I only found one other. Which I thought was pretty cool.

New face. I have a new goddamn face -- who'da thought? Rapture...
    paradise of the confidence man.
    I gotta keep revising the Atlas voice. I figure the accent gives me an
    excuse to lock myself in a room with a bottle and count the cash.
    War's on in full now, boy... and I've got a hell of a surprise for Andrew
    Ryan. Long time comin'. And right about now, I expect the prodigal son is
    bookin' his flight...
    Was in Dioynasus park in a room blocked by ice with 4 turrets and 4 security cams.

Mark's final diary found on his body was my favorite. Very moving.
    Ryan had several good ones as well though.

I loved Mark Meltzers audio diary. The one where He becomes a big daddy.. Too bad i killed him

I especially like the one where Sophia mentions Jack =D it gave me a nostaglic feeling

My least favorite was the little boy, most people found it cute I didn't ....

mainly cause I'm evil

Forgot to meantion, I loved all Eleanor's as well. Her little British accent is adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmobb View Post
    That was a brilliant one. Meltzer's end was really noble too. I actually killed him earlier without realising it, just this Rumbler down in Futuristics that had an audio diary on it, I was like ZOMFG MELTZER D=. Also, I was playing for the bad ending, so harvested Cindy. >_>

I love all of little Eleanor's diaries, especially the one where she takes apart the recorder

I loved Elanor's 'Dog Eat Dog' and 'Barbarism' but most are excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarySpliced View Post
    I loved Elanor's 'Dog Eat Dog' and 'Barbarism' but most are excellent.
    Or when she smashed Lamb's stuff in Persephone. I was all like, yeah, take that, b****! >

In close proximity to an internet connection
    My favorite is the Eleanor one called destructive education or something like that where Eleanor breaks Lambs expensive gifts.

I only found one other. Which I thought was pretty cool.

Was in Dioynasus park in a room blocked by ice with 4 turrets and 4 security cams.
    Arghh how did i miss that!? i spent a good 20 minutes in that room! >_<

Destructive Education
    Hands down

"Whats this mother? a stain glass window depicting you, made by your worshipers? *SMASH*"

Quote Originally Posted by ShockRockRomeo View Post
    Destructive Education
    Hands down

"Whats this mother? a stain glass window depicting you, made by your worshipers? *SMASH*"
    same for me ..... and Mark's audio diaries ,the last one got me kinda sad

Mine would be....

The very first log. About the electric generator and the swimming pool patrons. Very nice.

The audio logs from Bioshock 1 were excellent. Sander Cohen's bunny poem was perfect voice acting. All of Cohen's audio diaries were great.

Any of Sinclair's audio logs. His accent and wording is just ace.

Sinclair Saucer Guest
    If its done by Sinclair you can rest assure that its in my favourites!

But I love the one where Elenor is home schooling herself (smashy smashy)

the real question is how "atlas" got in to RYAN'S amusements.....left a log that explained the atlas thing then.....swam?, to a part of rapture that has NO connections or is anywhere near Ryan amusements.......i assume if he was ever in that area he wouldn't have trouble making it to the surface......

I DEMAND A MOMENT OF SILENCE FOR DELTA.........all 30 of them....LOL....they got OWNED.

Without a doubt my most favorite is goodbye to Fontaine, and hello to Atlas! That one put a smile on my face. But like many people I also enjoyed Eleanor log of smashing things.

I liked the little boy who had a crush on a little sister
    Then there was couple diaries by the Doctor in Persephone, can't remember his name but in one of them he talked about how one of the LS's dropped down from a railing by maybe trying to take her own life or just escaping and her legs broke, but because they are nearly immortal her legs healed up in a wrong position. So they had to broke the legs several times to set them normal, and they maybe are immortal but they can certainly feel pain.

Oh! And one doctor in Persephone gives shocking treatment to one guy who has no idea where he is, and the doctor just keeps asking his name and shocking him
    TBH they we're all brilliant, I love the diaries I think Ryan's we're sad :L
    Also, I liked the references to the 1st game. Lamb talking about the WYK project (Would You Kindly ofc )

Im pretty sure I found all the diaries, I was very thorough. Too bad there isn't an achievement for obtaining ALL of them to make sure, just to get 100.

I can't really remember them all off by heart. But I thought the one dropped by that brute splicer in Pauper's drop was pretty cool, It's always interesting when you kill an enemy and they drop a recording they made.

The Nina Carnegie recordings struck a cord with me. Just another example of how Rapture ruined the lives of so many of its good inhabitants.

I accidentaly played all the logs, so i'll take something like ten minutes to end all.
    Is there a way to stop them?

my favourite ones are mark meltzer at the beginning of the game

Goodbye Frank Fontaine, Hello Jack Atlas

Quote Originally Posted by Pandion View Post
    The Nina Carnegie recordings struck a cord with me. Just another example of how Rapture ruined the lives of so many of its good inhabitants.
    Definetly i felt so bad for her, She sounded like a lovely person i wonder what happened to her and the children?

"Dog eat dog", the first tape from Eleanor. My Delta plays it again every once in awhile to hear the sound of his daughter's voice. It's precious.

The one with the boy who's got a crush on a Little Sister is cute, too.

I like the one on "Barbarism" by Eleanor is pretty funny...
    "Me think ingnrance is fun."

The Fountine one when he is like say good bye to Fountine (mafia voice) then Hello to Atlas (in scotish voice)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast