12 12.63%
  • Fontaine Futuristics

27 28.42%
  • Persephone

15 15.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Level?

Favorite Level?

This is a question that will be sure to come up again in the future, but at this point, early on, what would you say your favorite level would be?

It is a tough call. I think there is less disparity in quality than in Bioshock 1. For example, there was a world of difference between Fort Frolic and Point Prometheus. There isn't such a huge gap between what I would consider the best level (Ryan Amusements) and the rest of the levels.

In my first playthrough I somewhat disliked Siren Alley but I have come to appreciate it a lot more once I understood the layout. It is one of those levels that grow on you over repeated playthroughs.

I would say my top three right now are:
    1. Ryan Amusements
    2. Fontaine Futuristics
    3. Dionysus Park

Ryan Amusements, but very close against Fontaine Futuristics and Siren Alley.

I would have to say Fontaine Futuristics. It was a constantly surprising level, and Gil Alexander was an excellent overseer of the level. "Fired! Fired! Fired!"

Second place is Ryan Amusements. A nice expansion of themes from the first game.

I have to say my least favorite level was Dionysus Park. I felt like it just rehashed too many elements from Fort Frolic.

Fontaine Futuristics for me

Paupers drop was masive. I was slightlt confused even by the map.

But Fontaine Futuristics was the best. Twisted, chaotic, Alpha series, Alex the great, Meltzer and those scenes in the dark. That must have been the level that spooked me out the most.

The Adonis Luxury Resort was too short for me. It seemed like a small Kashmir restaurant.

Dionysis park spooked me out quite a bit with all those spider and houdini splicers. In fact, the houdinis are far by the most creepiest. The little sister orphanage was a dark factor as well. Kinda like, 'Once your in, theres no way out.' I actually struggled to go in certain areas.

Fontaine Futuristics was the best level for me, thanks to Gil Alexander and finding the moment Fontaine became Atlas. I also liked fighting the Alpha series and that moment when you realize Meltzer's fate.

Dionysus Park with Ryan Amusements in a close second. The level is just so interesting to me. I would have loved to see it in its undamaged condition like the artbook said it was originally.

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    The Adonis Luxury Resort was too short for me. It seemed like a small Kashmir restaurant.
    It was supposed to be an introductory training level.

It's funny, I was playing it earlier, beating the Big Sister... I got her health down to nothing, kept pounding her with rivets and still she stood. Guess that opening fight is scripted. =/

My favourite is probably Pauper's Drop, given how huge it is, as well as all the fun new stuff (Brutes, Camera, moral decisions with characters). My least favourite was Dionysis... it was like Arcadia after Medical and Neptune to me.... the aesthetic was far too organic and confusing, at times, what with all the flood-abandoned material. Plus I'd been playing all day and the slog with the 3 sisters I found tiresome.

In my opinion the levels that really stuck out were the ones that look like the ocean wanted them back. Dionysus Park, Persephone, Adonis and FOntaine Futuristics (just cos that level was awesome lol)

They were all generally pretty good (except for Paupers Drop which I though was really bland and unappealing) but I think the levels that had flooded parts and coral all over the place were leagues above the rest, simply because they provided real broken down beauty, just like in BIoshock 1.

Persephone is my favourite, mainly because of the "Alternative view of Rapute" section which was the most memorable moment in the game.

Fontaine Futuristics was my handsdown favorite level. The random teleporting plasmid, and Alex the great were just hilarious. I could never get enough of that level.

I like them all.

I loved Paupers Drop, I loved the Jazzy feel to it plus did anyone see the 2 dancing Splicers in the Limbo Room

Top 5 Areas out of both Games

1. Medical Pavilion
    2. Paupers Drop
    3. Fort Frolic
    4. Arcadia
    5. Ryan Amusements

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSisterSaviour View Post
    I loved Paupers Drop, I loved the Jazzy feel to it plus did anyone see the 2 dancing Splicers in the Limbo Room
    THANK YOU! Pauper's Drop is a great level!

My overall favorite... mm... hard to say. If pressed I might utter Siren Alley, but if pressed further I'd admit Fontaine Futuristics.

Almost finished with the game, and so far, it looks like it's Dionysus Park.

Persephone for me cos you get to be the little sister for a change
    Remember SAVE THEM SISTERS!
    I wish you could have been the sister more often

Persephone, Dionysus Park, and Fontaine Futuristics are my top 3.

I liked Ryans Amusements for the cool displays about how Rapture was formed, and the Ryan propoganda exhibitions!

Fontaine Futuristics was also decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim_2o0o View Post
    I liked Ryans Amusements for the cool displays about how Rapture was formed, and the Ryan propoganda exhibitions!

Fontaine Futuristics was also decent.
    I worked out how to get 9-Irony today.

Paupers Drop is sweet, but neither measure up to Haephastus or Ft. Frolic from the first...

Quote Originally Posted by LittleSisterSaviour View Post
    There are some dancing splicers in Dionysus Park as well...

Quote Originally Posted by 2k_clank0tron View Post
    Yes I saw both dancing splicer pairs! The one in paupers by the pttp machine and then the two in Dionysus. Also, if you think back to I think Mercury Suites, in Cohen's home there are two dancing splicers as well!

What is it with you developers and putting in deformed classic ballroom dancing spliced up psychos?

Even the genetically demented like to cut a rug every once in ahwhile...

Quote Originally Posted by Gameplayer03 View Post
    Yes I saw both dancing splicer pairs! The one in paupers by the pttp machine and then the two in Dionysus. Also, if you think back to I think Mercury Suites, in Cohen's home there are two dancing splicers as well!

What is it with you developers and putting in deformed classic ballroom dancing spliced up psychos?
    HAHA i noticed all of them. Perfect chance to give the hypnotize plasmid a go.

i also read an interview with Jordan Thomas somewhere stating that the brute splicers are homophobes and if you hypnotize them they'll open up to you and tell you they like your suit

My favorite level was definitely Fontaine Futuristics, so many memorable moments occurred there.
    It also had that cool Easter Egg: the Unstable Teleport Plasmid.

I'd definitely have to say Siren Alley. Up until that level I couldn't get into the game at all. Pauper's Drop wasn't too bad either, and the level after Siren Alley (sorry, I forgot the name. The something Park isn't it?), but it was during Siren Alley I started to find myself enjoying the game.

That's why I wish they had added a New Game+ for this. It was only during Siren Alley that I began to use Electro Bolt 2 and Incinerate! 2. That and apparently I missed my chance to get research for Thuggish Splicers.

Really?, Awesome, Where was they located?

Did you help design that leveL? The thing I loved about it was the haunting beauty of it. It was a very unique and memorable level.

I like Ryan's Amusments, great detail and fun to play.

I have to say Dionysus Park. It's such a change (Sort of!) from the level you were in previously. Siren Alley.

It's just really memorable; expertly crafted and wonderfully decorated. If I had to compare it to one level in the game, I hesitantly said Fort Frolic. It'd seem the devs agree, since they said the same in the artbook!

So yeah, Dionysus Park is a masterpiece; it offers a lot of plot development as well as great locations; I'm quite sure I lingered there the most!

Quote Originally Posted by Epstein_The_Swami View Post
    I have to say Dionysus Park. It's such a change (Sort of!) from the level you were in previously. Siren Alley.

It's just really memorable; expertly crafted and wonderfully decorated. If I had to compare it to one level in the game, I hesitantly said Fort Frolic. It'd seem the devs agree, since they said the same in the artbook!

So yeah, Dionysus Park is a masterpiece; it offers a lot of plot development as well as great locations; I'm quite sure I lingered there the most!
    I actually got really angry at the end of that level. I had just saved the final Little Sister, and Lamb decides to send the hordes of Splicers after me. And the Big Sister decides to show up. I barely made it through that battle alive, and I had to just flat out run through the rest of the level to survive. I literally had no ammo when I started Fontaine Futuristics.

Quote Originally Posted by magicman4443 View Post
    I actually got really angry at the end of that level. I had just saved the final Little Sister, and Lamb decides to send the hordes of Splicers after me. And the Big Sister decides to show up. I barely made it through that battle alive, and I had to just flat out run through the rest of the level to survive. I literally had no ammo when I started Fontaine Futuristics.
    Well is that the level's fault?

I really enjoyed Dionysus Park; I adore its concept art in the book as well.

Dynosis Park, and Alexander the Great were my favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Epstein_The_Swami View Post
    Well is that the level's fault?
    Really, I blame Stanley for making me go on that quest in the first place. By the end, I seriously wanted to put a rivet in his head, but I forced myself to continue on, in the interest of the best ending.

I'd have to say

1. Ryan Amusements, nothing beats a propaganda theme park
    2. Dionysus Park, I sent chills down my spine when I saw floating bodies...
    3. Pauper's Drop, it had that New Orleans kinda of feel to it that really gets me ^_^

I loved the game from Siren Alley and on.

Ryan's Amusements was kinda boring. I liked the idea of the level, but the level itself was just....dull.
    God, I hated Pauper's Drop. I nearly got lost there, and I would've it weren't for the arrow telling me where to go. :/ After Pauper's Drop, I pretty much wrote the game off as 'bad' in my head.
    Then I got to Siren Alley, and everything started goin uphill after that.
    The level design reminded me a little of a combination bewtween Farmer's Market and Mercury Suites from the first game. I also loved the Simon Wales 'boss fight'. It was incredibly fun and captivating with the music.
    Dionysus Park was fun as well. I think it was the most 'eerie' level of the game.
    But Fontaine Futuristics is HANDS DOWN my favorite level. Alexander the Great reminded me a little of Sander Cohen, who was so insane that it was incredibly awesome. Fort Frolic is still my favorite level of all time, and Fontaine Futuristics reminded me a little of it.
    The first Persephone level is a close second. The double Big Sister fight was the most fun I had in a game in a while, and when I became a Little Sister was just PURE genius. The story really reched a high point in that level too.
    The last level was really great too. Perfect ending for an already great game.

So here's my top 3:

1). Fontaine Futuristics
    2). Outer Persephone
    3). Siren Alley

Honorable mention:

4). Dionysus Park
    5). Inner Persephone
    Last edited by Omega.; 02-12-2010 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega. View Post
    and when I became a Little Sister was just PURE genius. The story really reched a high point in that level too.
    The last level was really great too. Perfect ending for an already great game.
    Ya! When I saw her inject her needle I was like "☺☺☺?!" then when I WAS her, OMG. I had a complete spaz attack! >.< But nothing beats my spaz attacks when I'm blaying Blanche....

Quote Originally Posted by iPomegranate View Post
    But nothing beats my spaz attacks when I'm blaying Blanche....
    I could almost imagine it while we were playing together. You were pretty good by the way.

1. Kashmir Restaurant even though it's from BioShock 1and it's just a small place lol

2. Adonis Luxury Resort because... I don't know. I just like it a lot.

3. Persephone (not Inner Persephone though) because you play as a Little Sister

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast