Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Operation Apollo

Cool Operation Apollo

Operation Apollo is not under the direction of Take Two Interactive. 2K is not directly involved in any way with the site or any facets of the alternate reality game titled "Operation Apollo"

Operation Apollo invites all members of the 2K forum into their organization. Efforts to dismantle the group have been thwarted. We appreciate your patience as we re-group. Mailing addresses will be changed to protect agent Desmond Connery. That is all.

EDIT: 7:09am Central Time Tuesday April 27

technical errors cleaned up
    The computer terminal designation operationapollo.com has been updated. Please review all new information. Check back daily and often as any new information will be delivered to our front office as represented through the computer terminal.

Also, I may not always update this first post when there is an update to the site, sometimes I forget. Best to just check it out.

Please clear cache regularly, also allow site to load completely before attempting to click about on the page, this will fix the bug that some people have noticed
    Thank you.
    Last edited by Ga1Friday; 04-26-2010 at 08:15 PM.

Kat, I applaud your dedication to the game (whatever it may be) in making a new ARG for people to enjoy. Especially those who havnt as yet been lucky enough to recieve anything related to Operation Hermes. If you are willing to carry on with this, I for one will parcipitate, as I am curious as to how your story will progress.

I will still be getting involved with Operation Hermes when I can, but I honestly think that you may have created a fun way of waiting on Hermes intel.

Bravo Katman

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_Goose View Post
    Kat, I applaud your dedication to the game (whatever it may be) in making a new ARG for people to enjoy. Especially those who havnt as yet been lucky enough to recieve anything related to Operation Hermes. If you are willing to carry on with this, I for one will parcipitate, as I am curious as to how your story will progress.

I will still be getting involved with Operation Hermes when I can, but I honestly think that you may have created a fun way of waiting on Hermes intel.

Bravo Katman

I agree

This is great for people who want to be involved in another ARG experience. Nice job on the site so far.

I'm lost. This is only adding to the confusion. Operation Apollo is not related to Hermes?

You've got someone who posted their Apollo letter in the summary thread.

*Slaps KatMann*

You sir have fooled me twice!

I for one will now take action...I'll watch your site

For anyone wandering in here, go check out http://operationapollo.com/

good stuff, i'm tempted to join operation Apollo myself

those darstadly Hermes are up to something *shifty eyes*

I'm mailing my letter tomorrow, so I guess you're just going to have to read it

Hey, back from class. I'd just like to come out with my part in this. Last night I had planned a scheme all of my own. I set up a blog that would be designed to play along with the current Operation Hermes ARG, and I contacted an anonymous mod (I'll let this individual give his/her own name) to see if he/she would post the link in the discussion thread for me. Well he/she was already in on the whole Operation Apollo scheme and pointed me in the direction of KatMann.

I spoke with KatMann and she filled me in on the details of the whole scheme and I must admit that I was amazed with the level that she was aiming for this thing, sure kicked the crap out of my blog idea. So I decided that I would play along, and they needed another member because if she announced it herself everyone would have instantly had flashbacks to April Fools Day. So she emailed me the initial letter from Desmond, I printed it, took pictures, and the rest was history.

I figured there would be a few people that caught on, especially once the site was revealed, but I never expected the natives to get as restless as they did. I'm sorry if I angered anyone for presenting false information, but it was all in good fun.

To sum up, I basically played Codex's role in today's KatMann scheme.

EDIT: I also thought I'd mention that I wasn't lying about not being able to get into Infinivac even with valid logins. I'm still really worried that I blew it by trying to log on using Kyburz's info before I got mine
    Last edited by IllusionOfLife; 04-13-2010 at 08:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RaptureRaven View Post
    I'm mailing my letter tomorrow, so I guess you're just going to have to read it
    hold tight, i am updating the address... now that everyone knows it is me there will be a few logistical changes. check the site after LOST... like an hour after LOST central time

Good deal

ETA: Let the fun begin!

I just have a question for the mini-mad architects: who created the first OA blog that went up the night Kyburz threw a fit and decided to create a manifesto of rebellion against the ARG?

Quote Originally Posted by Codex View Post
    I just have a question for the mini-mad architects: who created the first OA blog that went up the night Kyburz threw a fit and decided to create a manifesto of rebellion against the ARG?
    I'm not sure, but I think that was Relight. Don't quote me on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by IllusionOfLife View Post
    I'm not sure, but I think that was Relight. Don't quote me on that though.
    Too late...

But how many people were on this?

I feel like there are hundreds... >.> <.<

I have to also take the blame for my inclusion in this scheme. I suppose Kat and I are the forum's Lennon and McCartney in mischief-making now. Although the role I played this time was pretty limited. Don't listen to Katt, she was responsible for all the awesomeness. Kat came to me with this incredible idea of an ARG within the ARG. This sounded awesome, this had never been done before that I know of. She was bouncing all these awesome ideas off of me and I was just in awe. I think a direct quote of one of our conversations was "How are you so brilliant?" lol

To the extent that I was involved, I wanted this ARG to continue my experiment in greater social unity and inclusion so when I was IMing people on here about this a few days ago to try to set the stage for this project, I specifically chose not to target some of my closer friends on here, but I tried to target newer or more low key members of the community to try to help them feel more included and valuable.

Alas, the full scale launch was handled amateurishly in hindsight, and I do apologize for any information starved members that felt deceived. I think if people gave this a chance they would have been surprised by how awesome it would become. The sky was really the limit for Kat's narrative, she wasn't bound in certain ways that Liz would be.

I also have to thank Illusion for playing his role like a champ. I am glad that there were at least some people here who enjoyed it. For those who didn't, my condolences.

I'm sorry, but I am seriously lost. Can someone explain to me all this; Operation Hermes, Operation Apollo, & All the mysterious letters. Is this BioShock related or...?

Hey, guys, I'm confused. I would appreciate it if someone explained this entire thing to me.

Quote Originally Posted by AdjundantReflex View Post
    Hey, guys, I'm confused. I would appreciate it if someone explained this entire thing to me.
    Read HERE, HERE, and HERE.

Don't worry Kyburz..

Thanks for trying to include me!

I'll still play with this since it is awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyburz View Post
    I think if people gave this a chance they would have been surprised by how awesome it would become.
    Ok yeah, I think some people got their panties in a twist and some of the mystery might be gone because of that, but that doesn't mean this isn't going to be awesomely fun to the nth degree.

- Shakes fist in air at all involved!

So does the persons address really belong to a judge or was that part of it as well?

As far as I know, Katt actually planned to send SOMETHING out to people who sent a letter to her. I don't know what. She will have to comment on that I think.

Arrow

Okay so i just stumbled upon this post and am completely lost.. How do you start this ARG... please pm with help or post in reply thanks again...

I did tenchar

plz continue im not pissed any publicity for 2k is good in my eyes. keep going katman I dont want it to end . Besides you did say you thought of most of the story already and stuff it would be great if 2k will accept your scripts.

Thanks for trying to include me but electro bolt did his research on ure site and led me to doubt it. Operation appollo would have been cool having 2 ARGs going on at once.

Quote Originally Posted by KatMann View Post
    I did tenchar
    See, I thought it was you. My skillz of deduction are great :P

As I've said privately to three of the individuals involved, I'd love to see this get off the ground. I'm somewhat ashamed of the negative reaction that people gave, especially the amount hostility that came out of it. I'd have never thought people on this forum to be able to devolve to that mindset. Nevertheless, it sounds like Kat and her krew had a very interesting thing planned. Though the "who's doing it" has been destroyed, I really, really would like to see where this goes. I love following stories and this seemed like a really cool spin-off ARG.

If it doesn't get off the ground, I will be somewhat sad. But at the same time maybe its a learning experience for next time you plan something awesome, Kat. On all accounts it sounds like you had something really neat planned, and if you wanted to make a proper ARG, you should probably go ahead and try.

Hope you 3 could make it big, would be neat to follow stories you guys come up with.

I'm so upset about this complete awesomeness being introduced, examined, scrutinised, dissected, exposed and apologised for within the measly period of 6 hours.

What a fantastic idea and wonderfully implemented, Big kudos to everyone involved. I'm so sorry about the community reaction and it's really shocked me.

For a fan-base so passionate about community spirit and getting involved, it's so disappointing this was just torn apart by desparate fan boys trying to work out what's "real" and "not real" and what's "officially real". I can't believe so-called fans can't get behind something like this. People complaining about names and addresses being made public to another person should pick up a phonebook sometime. The very irony that phone numbers, addresses, names and email addresses were dredged up as part of the investigation into the sites legitimacy proves that there really are no secrets. And who cares anyway? If I was really worried about stuff going puclic I'd invent my own pseudonym and make my address a postal box or have it sent to my work address....

Reading the last 30 pages of the main Hermes thread I couldn't get the smile of my face, that is until I saw the most unceremonial unmasking and apology post. I knew it was most likely not 2K's doing but what an idea! A rival organisation! The idea of the IDD trying to keep it's members from defecting to a rival organisation is brilliant. An investigation into the investigation and a story that would constantly change and evolve based on what comes out from the "real" storyline.

I apologise for the long post, but congratulations and commiserations to everyone involved in this awesomeness. I regret I wasn't able to get involved in the 6 hours it lived it's brilliant life. For whatever it's worth you will most certainly receive correspondance from me in all it's role-playing glory.

Thank you very much for everyones time and efforts donated to this project

I too hope to see this take off, Kat. It's a brilliant idea, and it was very humble of you to take it upon yourself to do something like this for those who aren't able to take part in the official ARG.

Also, if you do decide to continue the website, I'll be happy to help with any graphics you need. I've been told I'm very proficient with Photoshop

I never had any idea what the hell was going on and still don't, really. Confusing stuff. I read the apology posts. So was this to be some convoluted role-playing game?

Quote Originally Posted by Oberael View Post
    I never had any idea what the hell was going on and still don't, really. Confusing stuff. I read the apology posts. So was this to be some convoluted role-playing game?
    It was supposed to be a fan operated spin-off ARG. The story of Operation Apollo would have played into the official Operation Hermes story, KatMann had a website set up, a story roughly worked out, and letters ready to send to whomever wanted to send in a letter to her. Essentially, just like SitS, but not run by 2K.
    Last edited by IllusionOfLife; 04-13-2010 at 10:27 AM.

Alright, with all due respect to everyone; stop sending me Private Messages, I cannot keep up.

Operation Apollo is on in full effect. Stand by for website update in an hour or so.

It was supposed to be a fan operated spin-off ARG. The story of Operation Apollo would have played into the official Operation Hermes story, Katman had a website set up, a story roughly worked out, and letters ready to send to whomever wanted to send in a letter to her. Essentially, just like SitS, but not run by 2K.
    I see, I see. So there is still an official viral campaign going on? I'm not really in the loop so the lines between official and unofficial are a bit hazy for me.

Kat its gonna be a full time job keeping up with all this. Good luck.
    Last edited by Donut232; 04-13-2010 at 10:18 AM.

As reported from first post:

Operation Apollo invites all members of the 2K forum into their organization. Efforts to dismantle the group have been thwarted. We appreciate your patience as we re-group. Mailing addresses will be changed to protect agent Desmond Connery. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by KatMann View Post
    As reported from first post:

Woo hoo! This is great news.

I see it all now, this negative propaganda was clearly a disinformation campaign by IDD reactionaries! It all makes perfect sense now. I am glad to see that cooler heads have prevailed.

First the IDD cuts us out of their organization, expecting us to just walk away cowed, then they attempt to shut us down! I swear, if the government (which I assume this IDD is) keeps interfering in my life I'm going to fly off the handle.

First the IDD cuts us out of their organization, expecting us to just walk away cowed, then they attempt to shut us down! I swear, if the government (which I assume this IDD is) keeps interfering in my life I'm going to fly off the handle.
    Funny thing is they're not even your government

Funny thing is they're not even your government
    Oh, it is naive to think you can escape the tentacles of the IDD no matter where you are.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast