Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Technical FAQ as posted on the Cult of Rapture

Exclamation Technical FAQ as posted on the Cult of Rapture

we have been working diligently to help solve all your problems posted about in regards to activation, securom, and widescreen FOV. please check out www.cultofrapture.com for the full update, and in the meantime, read the Technical FAQ that was also posted as an update to the cult:

How many computers can I activate this game on at once?
    2K increased the maximum computers you can install the game simultaneously on from 2 to 5. We are also preparing a new “revoke application” that will allow you to de-authorize computers so that you may move the game to another computer without "using up" one of these activations. This increase in the limit will cover most users' issues, and the revoke application should alleviate remaining concerns. Of course, if you still experience any issues, please feel free to contact support.

How many times can I reinstall this game on the same computer?
    2K increased the maximum installs on the same computer from 3 to 5, before you need to seek customer support. The revoke application we will release will make this irrelevant - as long as you revoke before you install again, you will have no issues.

Does my Steam or Direct2Drive downloaded version also allow the increases to the installations?
    Yes, both the Steam and Direct2Drive versions also are updated with the new installation increase.

Do I need to connect to the internet every time I play this game?
    No. Only for a fresh install and for the activation the first time you run it.

Do I need to have the DVD in the drive every time I play?
    Yes.

Does SecuROM fingerprint my hardware? What does this mean?
    SecuROM does not fingerprint the hardware. When an activation is performed, a unique ID is generated to identify the system being used for the activation process. The ID is in the form of a hash and cannot be read by any other system or operator. Its only purpose is for comparing future activations on a particular serial.

Does SecuROM send any information out to another server and collect any of my data?
    No information is sent to any other servers. The only data collected is the serial being used for activation, the IP address used for activation, an identifier for the software being activated, and the hash of the machine ID. The ID cannot be read by any other system or operator. Its only purpose is for comparing future activations on a particular serial.

If I put a new piece of hardware, such as a new video card, ram, hard drive, or a new motherboard, into my computer, will I have to reactivate my game? Will this count as one of my “allowed” computers?
    No. You won't have to reactivate unless you change several pieces of hardware and this will count as one of your 5 allowed computers, if reactivation is required. The revoke application we will release will make this irrelevant - as long as you revoke before you uninstall and install again, you will have no issues.

How do I free up an activation slot if I decide to uninstall my game from one computer and move it to another?
    The revoke application we will release will make this possible.

What do I do if I get the message that I have activated this game on too many computers?
    Use the forthcoming revoke app on one of the computers you successfully activated it on. If that doesn't solve your problem, contact support. We will get it resolved.

How does activation and security measures differ between steam, IGN, and retail copies of this game?
    They all use the same product activation method. In addition to the product activation, retail copies also have a disc check and Steam uses their own security.

My anti-virus software is flagging SecuROM as an intruder program? What does this mean?
    Some versions of virus software will incorrectly flag SecuROM. If so, please update the virus definition file. If you still experience issues, please contact 2K Technical Support for further advice. We would appreciate if you could please notify support@securom.com of any software conflicts so that we may work with the anti-virus companies to update their definition files.

What happens if my computer is lost, stolen, or has a complete crash? How do I get that activation back, since I didn’t uninstall the game?
    You can still install the game 4 more times (or however many times remaining to your limit of 5) without a problem. Please contact support if you have reached your limit.

Does SecuROM install a root kit on my computer?
    No. SecuROM DOES NOT USE any root kit technology in its implementation. SecuROM Product Activation does place a folder and registry keys on your system. These folders are used only for storage of license information and information to assist with disc authentication. Please do not modify or delete these files. Tampering with these files may result in authentication issues.

What is a root kit?
    A "rootkit" can be described as software or a set of software tools intended to conceal running processes, files or system data from the operating system and which can open ports to allow remote access to the system.

A "rootkit" makes it possible for viruses or other malicious programs ("malware") to hide content on a user's PC. In this way, a virus or other malware may remain undetected, even if updated anti-virus software is installed.

SecuROM DOES NOT USE any root kit technology in its implementation. SecuROM Product Activation does place a folder and registry keys on your system. These folders are used only for storage of license information and information to assist with disc authentication. Please do not modify or delete these files. Tampering these files may result in authentication issues.

What is SecuROM and 2K's support contact information?
    US Support
    Phone: 1-866-219-9839
    Email: usa@take2support.com

Canadian Support Phone: 1-800-638-0127
    Email: canada@take2support.com

SecuROM Support
    Email: support@SecuROM.com

Really? RootKit Revealer says otherwise about SecureROM being a rootkit. Lists a bunch of entries. rootkit.com also lists it. I can take a screenshot of it being listed as a rootkit if you'd like.

You do know that Sony told the world sveral times that they didnt include a rootkit on theri CDs. After a couple of days it changed their stance to "Most users dont know what a rootkit is anyway". A few months later they where convicted because of the rootkit they included with their CDs.

Offcourse secuROM does not see their software a s a rootki because its not intended to do something bad to the system. Thats exactly why Sony didnt think their software was a rootkit either. Sonys rootkit did allow viruses and spyware to hide in your system however. If this is true for secuROM, will you replace the damages for all your customers that installed either the demo or the retail version of the game?

Also, giving the user no option as to remove the entries in the register (they are hacked in so that they should be impossible to remove) cannot be considered a good practice for a legitemate service on the computer in question.

secuROM is bad and because of it you will sell less copies of your game regardless of you labeling it as a rootkit or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssargon View Post
    You do know that Sony told the world sveral times that they didnt include a rootkit on theri CDs. After a couple of days it changed their stance to "Most users dont know what a rootkit is anyway". A few months later they where convicted because of the rootkit they included with their CDs.

Offcourse secuROM does not see their software a s a rootki because its not intended to do something bad to the system. Thats exactly why Sony didnt think their software was a rootkit either. Sonys rootkit did allow viruses and spyware to hide in your system however. If this is true for secuROM, will you replace the damages for all your customers that installed either the demo or the retail version of the game?

Also, giving the user no option as to remove the entries in the register (they are hacked in so that they should be impossible to remove) cannot be considered a good practice for a legitemate service on the computer in question.

secuROM is bad and because of it you will sell less copies of your game regardless of you labeling it as a rootkit or not.
    Don't know if you know this or not, but SecureROM is a Sony product.

Also, here's my screen: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1...rootkitpv2.jpg

How about you people go and make it so i can install this game to all my 10 computers, smash those computers to peices with an axe, get a new set of 10 computers, install and play simulationeysly on those and to be able to consider smashing them again...

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman1086 View Post
    Don't know if you know this or not, but SecureROM is a Sony product.

Also, here's my screen: http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1...rootkitpv2.jpg
    Yea, I read that before but didnt want to complicate everything more than it already is

I'm running Vista X64, surely if this was a rootkit it wouldn't work due to the forced driver signing etc?

Please don't insult our intelligence by claiming that SecuROM isn't a rootkit. We are smarter than that.

Changes are better but..

The rootkit must go. 2k and SecuROM better hope no users install this game on government computers. Just ask sony how that went.

Quote Originally Posted by RustInPieces View Post
    I'm running Vista X64, surely if this was a rootkit it wouldn't work due to the forced driver signing etc?
    I'm not sure. What I do know is that this program that is made just for identifying rootkits says it's a rootkit. And it's an official Microsoft Program, so it's not like it isn't credible. (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...tRevealer.mspx)

So we were deceived about the uninstaller giving the user an activation credit and now there is this revoke application to take it's place. I don't believe anything you guys say at 2K. I'll wait for users responses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman1086 View Post
    I'm not sure. What I do know is that this program that is made just for identifying rootkits says it's a rootkit. And it's an official Microsoft Program, so it's not like it isn't credible. (http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sys...tRevealer.mspx)
    Fair enough, I'm not defending it

The registry entries may just have rootkit traits.

Thanks very much for the info. It's good to see something is being done about these issues. I'm still trying to digest and understand it all but one query I have is:

How many times can I reinstall this game on the same computer?
    2K increased the maximum installs on the same computer from 3 to 5, before you need to seek customer support. The revoke application we will release will make this irrelevant - as long as you revoke before you install again, you will have no issues.
    Will this revoke app need to be run with an active installation of Bioshock installed ? If for example I have wiped the same machine 5 times just by formating, will I be able to reinstall the barebones OS, download this revoke app and run it without Bioshock being installed, and this will free up an activation so I can just install Bioshock without the need to phone anyone ?

What I'm basically asking is: if your someone who formats regulary, can I install Bioshock on my same machine as many times as I want without having to contact phone or email support, just by running a revoke app ?

How about the ability to remove securom, that's been asked so, so, so many times and you guys haven't answered us.

Quote Originally Posted by RustInPieces View Post
    Fair enough, I'm not defending it

The registry entries may just have rootkit traits.
    If they have rootkit traits then its a rootkit...

Nice boldfaced lies elizabeth. Securom is a rootkit by your own definition. If this is how you guys treat your valued customers I would hate to see how you treat your friends.

At this point you have made the decision to come out against your customers and I can honestly say that I will never recomend another game to someone as long as you continue these acts.

Too little too late, this should of been thought about long, long ago.

Remove suck-u-rom and you'll get my money.

Quote Originally Posted by SkavenUK07 View Post
    Too little too late, this should of been thought about long, long ago.

Remove suck-u-rom and you'll get my money.
    Yup, if SecureROM isn't removed (that means no online activation, as well), I'm gonna return this game tomorrow. It's a shame because I love the game and really think the developers deserve to be compensated for such a great piece of work.

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by 2K Elizabeth View Post
    [....]
    offer rejected. Back to the books 2K, there's still a lot to be learned.

That's all well and good, too little too late as well. Why in the world would I install something that creates registry entries and folders that I can't easily control or erase?

I'll purchase it when I can buy a version with none of this Securom nonsense, I know just enough to not trust Sony, or indeed another other program that behaves like a rootkit. Even if it is not a true rootkit, it behaves too much like one for me to even entertain the notice of allowing it on my computer. I hope you and other game companies soon realize that anti-piracy measures such as Securom and this activation nonsense actually drive people to piracy. I am very certain that this will be a very heavily pirated game and I hope this will prompt you to release a version with much less onerous DRM. Do you not realize you are creating hassles (minimum) for legal customer and not really affecting pirates?

It's unfortunate that such a good game will be crippled by such horrible corporate decisions.

I just hope the patch is being worked on right now, sure the activation sucks, but it sucks even more once you get passed it and then can't play the game without it having to crash a million times. It's a good thing you don't have a limit of 2 crashes per install

Quote Originally Posted by mark_t50 View Post
    Thanks very much for the info. It's good to see something is being done about these issues. I'm still trying to digest and understand it all but one query I have is:

Will this revoke app need to be run with an active installation of Bioshock installed ? If for example I have wiped the same machine 5 times just by formating, will I be able to reinstall the barebones OS, download this revoke app and run it without Bioshock being installed, and this will free up an activation so I can just install Bioshock without the need to phone anyone ?

What I'm basically asking is: if your someone who formats regulary, can I install Bioshock on my same machine as many times as I want without having to contact phone or email support, just by running a revoke app ?
    I have the same doubt about this revoke app. What if my computer just crashed on me with the harddisk completely trashed (sadly it happened to me last week)? There goes minus 1 to my 5 times installation quota? that's just insane! Can't you guys just drop this stupid idea? Or at least make it more so that we legit consumer at least feel a bit more secure. I mean Taiwan game publishers gave me 10 installation quotas for their rpgs.

I'm going to pick up this game today. Played the demo last night, love it, long for the full game. But all these stories about activation and securom nightmares really make my stomach turn. I have my share of troubles with freaking Steam (i.e. Half Life 2). It's such an annoyance. I paid for the game and then I have to be treated like a freaking pirate. Login and passwords and stuff and installation of useless DRM crap on my computer to eat up my resources. What a hassle. One thing the big publisher never understand is the more protection ☺☺☺☺ you put on a game, the more excited the pirate scene gets! You post them a bloody challenge! And they're not gonna stop until they beat you to pulp. So make it simple, pls. You can't change people. Pirates are pirates.

Anyway, i'm getting this game after work today. I'm surprised that the demo runs quite well on my p2.4 galaxy-6800 piece of junk. Kudos to the developers! But the protection scheme is really.........DAFT! Fingers crossed for myself. Hope i don't run into any problem installing it.

Everyone please don't be too upset at Beth. Look through my history, because I'm just as pissed off about the DRM and patching system as you guys are, but I also work in "Customer Support".

To anyone who hasn't worked in a customer support position, or had to publicly represent a company to their customers, you just have no idea. Unless Beth here is head of 2K PR, she has been fed these answers over the course of the day, and it is her job to give us the official word that had been decided by the company, or its PR team. I can sympathize with her and understand the stress and burden that must be placed on her shoulders.

It's unfortunate though, that the 2K PR crew has taken its public relations strategies from the same Corporate BS guide that such companies as Sony seem to be following. Someone comes up with some lame answer to calm the masses, the masses try said solution but find it to be wrong. Instead of apologizing for screwing around with us like we're mindless morons they produce an official document that is filled with more inconsistent bullcrap. It's a slap in the face to anyone who actually knows much about computers. SecuROM is a rootkit by definition, and I'm pretty sure many tech-heads don't like the idea of having such a thing installed that leaves open vulnerabilities to their computers. ANd that is just one of the many inconveniences this scheme causes.

Tell me 2K how many hurdles do your paying customers have to jump through to play your game over the next 4 years? I love supporting game developers, and I'm an avid PC gamer, but if it's becoming so corporatized that you'll sit here and lie to me about everything in a lame attempt to cover your ass, or take my money and not give a damn about me as a paying customer, then I'm going to greatly reduce the amount of time and money I spend on your products.

And 2K unless I see a formal apology, and an admission that you guys screwed up, I think I'll just skip on your games. Hopefully Sid Meier goes to another publishing company.

ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT ROOTKIT

NOW DO YOU GET IT? Either your Anti piracy system suppliers lied to you or you are doing damage limitation.

Do you even care that thousands of people are sending copies back because of this?

Do you realise that if it doesn't get fixed it is SUCH a big game story that it' will roll and roll until you wish you'd never bothered.

Trying to get proper information out of 2k is like trying to install bioshock with confidence: impossible.

Liz2K - I realise you are just the designated poster of the 'news' so it's nothing personal but it's so frustrating you can not begin to imagine. And this is about something that has repurcusions throughout the entire PC gaming world now and in the future that is WHY it is such a big deal, it is NOT just about your game it is about the widespread impact of allowing it to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullhead2k7 View Post
    Everyone please don't be too upset at Beth. Look through my history, because I'm just as pissed off about the DRM and patching system as you guys are, but I also work in "Customer Support".

To anyone who hasn't worked in a customer support position, or had to publicly represent a company to their customers, you just have no idea. Unless Beth here is head of 2K PR, she has been fed these answers over the course of the day, and it is her job to give us the official word that had been decided by the company, or its PR team. I can sympathize with her and understand the stress and burden that must be placed on her shoulders.

It's unfortunate though, that the 2K PR crew has taken its public relations strategies from the same Corporate BS guide that such companies as Sony seem to be following. Someone comes up with some lame answer to calm the masses, the masses try said solution but find it to be wrong. Instead of apologizing for screwing around with us like we're mindless morons they produce an official document that is filled with more inconsistent bullcrap. It's a slap in the face to anyone who actually knows much about computers. SecuROM is a rootkit by definition, and I'm pretty sure many tech-heads don't like the idea of having such a thing installed that leaves open vulnerabilities to their computers. ANd that is just one of the many inconveniences this scheme causes.

Tell me 2K how many hurdles do your paying customers have to jump through to play your game over the next 4 years? I love supporting game developers, and I'm an avid PC gamer, but if it's becoming so corporatized that you'll sit here and lie to me about everything in a lame attempt to cover your ass, or take my money and not give a damn about me as a paying customer, then I'm going to greatly reduce the amount of time and money I spend on your products.

And 2K unless I see a formal apology, and an admission that you guys screwed up, I think I'll just skip on your games. Hopefully Sid Meier goes to another publishing company.
    I know. I've worked in customer support situations as well. I'm also sympathetic because I'm going into the game industry as a developer. I really want to support Irrational with this great game, but don't want to support 2K and SecureROM for this evil rootkit/DRM ☺☺☺☺. I'm really on the fence here. Part of me wants to return it and be done with it, but I also want to keep it and play it through.

Thumbs down

Guess I'll add my response to 2K's statement here:

Predictable and ridiculous. 2K fails to understand their customer base. 2 PC limitation, 5 PC limitation, 100 PC limitation - DOES NOT MATTER. Legitimate consumers are still hassled by an impotent copy protection mechanism. We are forced to deal with activation issues, "revoke applications," and SecuROM malware that interferes with antivirus software, system utilities, and drive emulation software. Any antivirus software that flags SecuROM is operating normally and correctly. Maybe 2K should re-release the Bioshock LE. This time they could replace the Big Daddy figurine with a tube of AstroGlide.

Meanwhile, users who pirate this game will face none of these problems and limitations. They receive unlimited use of the game. They are not hampered by SecuROM's meaningless restrictions. In short, they enjoy a superior experience with Bioshock. Cracks for Bioshock will undoubtedly be widely available in a matter of days.

I detest and resent 2K's assumption that their users are criminals. I have no use for a company that mistreats their customers in this manner, and will not be purchasing any of their products.

Good luck with your future endeavors, 2K. You’re gonna need it.

I don't mind the Securom CD/DVD checks it's the activation and activation limit that has to go. If this thing becomes successful for the publishers I think it'll be only a matter of time before it reaches the consoles too. Probably not this generation of consoles but the next. They'll do this to squash the used games market and rentals. I remember there was a rumor Sony was thinking of doing this to the PS3 so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Right now as PC gamers we are the guinea pigs.

I hope every other publisher is taking note of this monumental screwup. I've never heard of artificial install limits on a game I've purchased before and I hope I never have to see this crap again. I don't care if you guys increased the amount of times we can install it, THERE SHOULDN'T BE A LIMIT IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You know, this whole situation has gone from bad to worse. These forums have become a huge stockpile of angry gamers, some even threatening to sue.

Personally, I'm very disappointed that I can't even make 2 levels in the game before it becomes unplayable. But, I have waited for this game for a while to come out, I can wait for a patch.

However, what I'd really like to see right now, is some official, direct response from 2K. One of those "Okay guys, we've recognized the problem, have contacted the programmers, and are working on a fix." OR just even, and acknowledgment that they realize what we're all trying to say here.

I think the honest lack of response in the forums, is making this all increasingly worse. People want answers, and they want them fast. Given the vast array of problems present in the game, I think a quick solve is pretty much out of the question. But, again, acknowledgment from the developers would satisfy me for a little while.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperF1 View Post
    I don't mind the Securom CD/DVD checks it's the activation and activation limit that has to go. If this thing becomes successful for the publishers I think it'll be only a matter of time before it reaches the consoles too. Probably not this generation of consoles but the next. They'll do this to squash the used games market and rentals. I remember there was a rumor Sony was thinking of doing this to the PS3 so it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Right now as PC gamers we are the guinea pigs.
    I couldn't agree more. My main area of concern is over the limit to the number of installs allowed on the same machine. It doesn't matter what the limit is 1, 5, 100. The fact there is a limit is just wrong. We shouldn't have to rely on uninstalling or runing a revoke app.

I hate the idea of rootkits, but I don't mind copy protection as long as it doesn't interfere with how I operatate my PC. Don't stop me from running a game if I have something like a process explorer installed or running. And just be upfront about your copy protection. Display a logo on the box, tell users at install what it is doing (and don't just rely on a EULA that 99% of people don't read or understand) and give them the option to abort the install if they choose not to install it.

Call me a cynic, but this does seem rather well planned. It’s the same way politicians get highly contentious legislation passed. You initially suggest something so draconian that everyone’s up in arms. You then come back with what you claim is a big concession, but which is actually what you wanted to get passed in the first place. Everyone is now so relieved, they let you pass your new contentious law. Whereas, if you’d presented that law as your first proposal, everyone would have protested at that instead.

Maybe, the next game will have an activation limit of 4 by 5, then it’ll be 3 by 4 and finally 2 by 3. The revoke tool will itself be revoked, and we’ll be back to where we were at BioShock’s release. But, like the boiled frog, no-one will have really noticed.

Dear Elizabeth

I thank you for the information posted, and hope that in future you company will take note that this kind of restrictive nature (2 install limit) is not a viable solution. I understand that you yourself may not be technically minded when it comes to PC software so you may not understand the underlying nature of a rootkit and its purpose. Unfortunately my friend is a programmer, and has assured me that this new protection method is indeed by its very nature a rootkit. Now I can understand if he is mistaken, but I would take his word over any given by yourself as he has been programming since the early 80's and has a veritable collection of degrees when it come to computers.

I do realise however that this may not be the case but it serves to point out that ; If it looks like a rootkit, acts like a rootkit, and is programmed like a rookit then no matter the label , its a rootkit. I respectfully request that you contact your technical support and/or development team and ask their advice on the subject. Please do not take the word of Securom on this as it has been the case in the past that companies such as this has deceived customers in the past (IE Sony).

Thank You

Quote Originally Posted by Hadrian View Post
    I thank you for the information posted, and hope that in future you company will take note that this kind of restrictive nature (2 install limit) is not a viable solution. I understand that you yourself may not be technically minded when it comes to PC software so you may not understand the underlying nature of a rootkit and its purpose. Unfortunately my friend is a programmer, and has assured me that this new protection method is indeed by its very nature a rootkit. Now I can understand if he is mistaken, but I would take his word over any given by yourself as he has been programming since the early 80's and has a veritable collection of degrees when it come to computers.

I do realise however that this may not be the case but it serves to point out that ; If it looks like a rootkit, acts like a rootkit, and is programmed like a rookit then no matter the label , its a rootkit. I respectfully request that you contact your technical support and/or development team and ask their advice on the subject. Please do not take the word of Securom on this as it has been the case in the past that companies such as this has deceived customers in the past (IE Sony).

Thank You
    Sony new exactly what they were doing... SecuROM is also a part of Sony's Corporation

Elizabeth,

Could you please provide numbers for Australian customers to contact that will not be charged at international rates. Failing that, provide us with an address to sent the bills to. Also again I ask for 2K to address the fact that Sony's SecureRom rootkit is illegal in Australia under a previous ruling against Sony and s 42 of the Trade Practices Act of 1976.

Quote Originally Posted by Stainless_Steel_Rat View Post
    Elizabeth,

Could you please provide numbers for Australian customers to contact that will not be charged at international rates. Failing that, provide us with an address to sent the bills to. Also again I ask for 2K to address the fact that Sony's SecureRom rootkit is illegal in Australia under a previous ruling against Sony and s 42 of the Trade Practices Act of 1976.
    Yes that was the other one however i believe this one is completely different to the one two years ago Sony got sued for. I also feel for you aussies having to call internationally.

My name is Andrew Ryan and I'd like to ask you a question.

What does a limited number of software installs on the same PC accomplish besides pissing people off?

Since you have decided to keep this meassure in place this is indeed my last 2K Games' game i'll ever buy.

Hope it was worth losing your customers over ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ and lies.

Upgrading to 5 installs is not the answer, a revoking program is not the answer there should be NO restrictions at all on a customers purchased property WHAT SO EVER.

Is it the blind leading the blind here!!!!!

I forgot to add.....

I would also like to point out that on the subject of limited activation limits, that Microsoft itself has removed the activation limit on Windows Vista. This operating system is much more expensive and a necessity to run a PC (EG Any OS). I personally cannot see your companies reasoning behind this choice as if the biggest software developer in the world (MS) has decided that this is a bad choice in regards to protecting content, why 2K would think that their software is in some way more important.

You can argue that MS can afford to allow this, but even with the highest turnover in software, MS is not about to loose profits on even the semblance of such a practice. Please do not see my posts as an attack on yourself or the company. I merely wish to point out were ( I believe ) you have gone wrong in an effort to improve you companies standing and support of your customers.

I can only hope that 2K are aware of the serious nature of this and are taking further steps to remove the restrictions placed on the (bioshock) software. If major news media organisations decide to run this story and can verify the claims of the general public then you and 2K could have a very tough time with negative publicity, which has already damaged other developers and publishers previously. For reference please google "The Breasts That Broke The Game" for the debacle with Oblivion and its re-classification to M rating in the US, and also the nightmare for Rockstar that was the "Grand Theft Auto Hot Coffee Patch".

Thank You

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast