Thread: Borderlands 1 is now a Steamworks game on Windows. (Read this for multiplayer issues)

Borderlands 1 is now a Steamworks game on Windows. (Read this for multiplayer issues)

Gamespy has shut down for the multi-player for Borderlands 1 so an updated version, on Steam, has been released for people who own the original retail discs. These discs do not have a product-key to activate on Steam so an alternate method has been put in place which verifies the retail disc and grants a Steam licence to Borderlands 1. If you already own Borderlands 1 on Steam then you have the updated version and need not do anything.

Install: Steam and create an account with that service if you already haven't. Once you have it installed and you are logged into your account, go to the "Tools" page and install the "Borderlands Granting Tool." Run that tool and follow the directions. You will need your original retail Borderlands 1 disc to successfully complete the process. Once complete you will have an updated version of Borderlands 1 in your Steam library that has been fixed for multi-player and such. Install that and you will never need your retail disc again.

If you have purchased DLC for the retail edition of Borderlands 1 then see: This Page for complete instructions to redeem that as well.

Be warned, be very attentive to which account you are redeeming your disc into. It is permanent and can only be done once.
    As a computer, I find your faith in technology amusing.

headkase, why do you claim the online still works?

In your stickied post for Borderlands 1 you say the online still works, this is false. Can you find out when the conversion to steamworks will be complete?

I'm claiming it because it is the official position:

http://www.gearboxsoftware.com/commu...service-update

I don't play Borderlands 1 online, however 2K has stated that it is being transitioned to Steamworks and will continue. I'm referring to those statements. I will open that sticky for posting and merge these two posts into it for further discussion.

On: This Page it has a status report. Borderlands 1 is still targeted for "Summer 2014." So, I would expect online to resume soon now - I didn't know it already hadn't.

See: Here. That says that Borderlands is now Steamworks multi-player!

You have not given any instructions on how to do this for digital purchasers. I contacted support and they said the key I was given should work on steam. it does not. If we purchased Borderlands pc through gamestop and use the gamestop app to download and play it how are we to get thi with steam integration.

Quote Originally Posted by tmaxx23 View Post
    You have not given any instructions on how to do this for digital purchasers. I contacted support and they said the key I was given should work on steam. it does not. If we purchased Borderlands pc through gamestop and use the gamestop app to download and play it how are we to get thi with steam integration.
    Submit a request with: support.2k.com and see what they can do.