Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

43 91.49%
  • no

4 8.51%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Should there be a Darkness 3? *SPOILERS*

No man. I want Darkness 3 on PS3. I'm not ready for PS4 yet. They got Dead Space 3 on PS3 so why not Darkness 3?

Now that Jenny's the new Angelus host, I can see myself playing as her in some levels with my new Angelus powers. I do hope they bring back Vendettas where we'll have a Darkness team and an Angelus team!

Turn on 3 lights

i know right

here's one i came up with in a dream. in the beginning of the game the Darkness and Jacky have a conversation about saveing, (or killing) jenny,and that the Darkness can not escape without a host (Jacky) so with the Darkness's help they leave hell and go back home where Johnny helps Jacky trap the Darkness with the siphon and fuse it with a weapon of the players choosing (witch can be upgraded depending on the weapon) and Johnny Tells him how to get to heaven or to where the Angelus is(after being asked of course) , And then the fight begins with Jacky fighting the NEW Brotherhood. After the boss fight with the Brotherhood he go's on to fight through heaven killing all in his way all the way to the Angelus, Where the BIG boss fight begins, and depending on how you played through the game you get 3 endings 1st ending: if you go through the game and use the minimal Darkness power, and the 2nd: If you play though and use maximum Darkness power, And The 3rd:if you play through the game and you balance the Darkness power with Jacky's own power (good ending: the Angelus is destroyed, The Dark Weapon is sealed away, and Jenny survives and you go back to your house to live life normaly forever ( or until something else happens causing Jacky to go on a killing spree again), Bad Ending: The Darkness forces you're weapon to kill jenny and the Angelus causing Jacky to seal it away for good and make a new one with less will power, Neutral Ending: the Angelus is destroyed and Jenny saved, Jacky Keeps the Dark weapon and lives life as a mob Boss and killing all who stand in there way. ALSO you get a NEW Darkling to run around with you and kill any one that it sees fit and smarting off all the time as a good sidekick or henchman should. If you use this please give credit where it is dew, My name is Robert Theron David Raine

I just beat the darkness 2 and its not a good ending for a series. There definatly needs to be a darkness 3. I will admit that the graphics in the first one were a lot better but the powers and overall gameplay of the second was better. Plz fix graphics for the darkness 3. Less cartoonish. Also the darkness 2 was short as hell only like 4 or 5 missions and thats the game but the missions were long and good. I also likes the fact that you only got one darkling and he was with you on every mission and his humor made me laugh my ass off. Do that with number 3 also. Also a neat idea for 3 would be to switch between jackie and jenny. Battling your way out of hell and somehow back into the real world to dishing it out in the real world as the angelous trying to get to heaven. Also the darkness should relize by now that it cant control jackie like the rest of the hosts so there should be a cutscene of jackie and the darkness talking and jackie laying down the rules. Either that or jackie and the darkness dish it out and the winner gets control. Also jackies dad was briefly mentioned In the second one so he should have a stronger role in 3. Like him and his dad get a piece of the darkness and they kick ass together. Also if i remeber correctly jackies mom was neither mentioned in the first or second one so she needs to show up sooner or later. Detailed information! None of that picture and thats it crap! More blood and gore. Hell of a lot more gore. Funnier darklings. More interesting ways to kill people (such as environmental kills) the saw blades were a good one. O and i also liked how the darkness was always with you. Like you didnt have the option to toggle it on or off like you did in the first one. Theres just something about the first one that made it a better game. Maybe it was the free roam and mini games or rhe calm environment as you walked through the subway stations. Or maybe it waswhen you and jenny were watching a movie on tv and it was peace. Idk i liked the first one better. Dont get me wrong though the second ine kicked ass and i hope to see a badass ☺☺☺☺ing gory bloody sexy darkness 3!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slaydarius View Post
    I Agree with the fans of the First game in this forum. Rarely do games draw you in atmosphere wise, the Darkness 2 failed to do what the darkness 1 did. It really just comes down to, darkness 2 having a more attractive character, being less Rpg free roaming, and more action packed with fluid combat - Whereas Darkness 1 was more an experience, the time between fights walking through a dark cold Newyork, coupled with the music and the personalities of the characters adds to the art aesthetic, and actually makes you feel for the story and the character, they are relatable. You feel as if they are real characters, All the little side missions in the subway, they make the world of the game more immersive. You see a world filled with darkness, and people trying to fight against it, small flickering flames in the dark, that give you this sense of hope.

Its like what they did with Mass effect, Mass effect 1 = Unstreamlined - more RPG, Mass effect 2 - streamlined, less RPG, more action.
    Was 2 more Fun? Sure, it was more fun, I always thought Jackie was a total badass in the comics, and the darkness is meant to be this all powerful thing, and In the darkness 1 there’s a lot of choppiness with the combat because you die soo fast. - But at the same time, they took the heart out of the game in other areas.

The Darkness 1 still in my opinion has the best graphics of any game on xbox 360, the textures, especially the wet look on most objects are amazing. Whenever a new friend is over, that has never heard of the darkness before that enjoyed bioshock, I say, you think that was great, wait till you see this. Starbreeze did a phenomenal job. The combat was clunky, but that was the only issue.

To me, they took a work of art and detracted from it. I would not replay the darkness 2, yet ive played the first game through multiple times, I can acknowledge what they did, taking the game and making it more comic-like, The game is based on a comic afterall, but this was unnecessary, In the first game when I entered a level I Would look around, not intentionally because I thought I would find something that would make my character stronger, but because everything was soo pretty, Everything in number 2 was ugly, blury, lowrez. The story in the second game was great, I enjoyed the "is this reality or not" components with the mental institution, but you cant ground someone in either reality, if it looks like a comic. The combat was absolutely revolutionary, I mean I couldn’t have possibly thought of a better way to implement Jackies powers, well done, but the world of the first game has ceased to be with the change in art style, and quite possibly to a much lesser extent the pacing.

What makes a Game good, Is enjoyment, whether it be from "HEY whoa man I just tore that Guy in half, and pulled that other guys spinal cord out through his butt" (darkness 2) - or from playing something that touches your soul and restores your hope in humanity (darkness 1)

The darkness 2 had a great premise, but the art style let it down : (
    A good mix of the two would be perfect. Action and storyline interwoven with a deep and immersive atmosphere would be the Darkness trifecta. I very much enjoyed the Darkness 2 as it made you feel like much more of a badass, much more like you are in control of the Darkness. But it didn't have the same feel or depth as the Darkness 1.

You enter Jenny's new apartment in Chinatown. You admit you rob, steal and murder for a living. She laughs it off. Her innocence means you warm to her immediately. The two of you watch a classic film on the worn, rugged couch. You put your arm around her and fall in love with her. An hour later your insane, paranoid, villainous uncle blows her brains out in front of you while you are helpless to do anything to stop it. Seconds after this you are standing in a horrifying wasteland filled with tired soldiers and terrifying undead. Within the hour you stand once again in a dark, dingy, dimly lit subway station, reminiscing about your first kiss. The atmosphere is seamless; dark, tense, with a niggle at the back of your head, knowing you are half-possessed by an ancient, seemingly all-powerful evil is some heavy stuff.

However, the gameplay mechanics are static and the power of the Darkness isn't properly fleshed out (inside joke!) until the Darkness 2. The sequel also has a lot more action.

You are sitting at the VIP table in a 5 star Italian restaurant when a van smashes into the glass doors, tearing apart your flesh-torn leg. A member of your mafia family drags you into the kitchen while you shoot at the attackers. Then someone throws a molotov cocktail into the kitchen, causing a massive explosion which forces you to relent and release vicious tentacles with evil, bloody heads on your unsuspecting foes whilst your leg heals. Soon you are ripping apart fellow humans left, right and center while a mischievous cackling two-foot demonic minion pisses on their corpses.

If these two were brought together it would make the Darkness 3 Game of the Decade.

I only want one thing out of Darkness 3: I WANT THE DARKLING BACK!!! Not just any darkling, that very same darkling from Darkness 2. I want them to bring him back because he was an unforgettable character who they never should've killed off. I really don't care about the rest of the game, as long as that darkling is in it I'm gonna buy it!

I think the Darkling will be back because if you remember him saying in the beginning of the game. He came from his noggin... so the darkness can kill him off but jackie i believe can bring him back because the Angelus fears jackie for being to powerful of a host. So Jackie might be able to bring his friend back... even if he has no manners xD

I had these ideas for The Darkness 3 where the game starts in hell where game 2 left off and Johnny comes out of the dark and explains the story so far from the first two games and then leads up the third game where Jackie has flash backs of his childhood with his dad and the gane reveals his sister and so the player takes hold of young Jackie through the flash backs to the day his dad dies and then the game opens with Jackie in hell arguing with the darkness about breaking out of hell with or without its help and finally takes command of the darkness and with its help they leave hell to the world of the living and is seen walking the streets where Vinny and Jimmy find him on the sidewalk in the city and get him into a limo and return to the Estacado mansion the new headquarters of the family Jackie once led that now call themselves the Estacado family where Jackie is brought to find it run by his sister in his absence until he returned to take the reigns once again and once Jackie is back to 100% and has new outfit fo my idea of which consists of a finely made black suit with red silk button up shirt and black silk vest with a black fedora with a red band around it and black overcoat hanging off his shoulders with twin desert eagles and should a usable butterfly knife and for what I was thinking was that when Jackie faces Jenny he saves her and they both keep their powers and get married and have twins.

needs to be open world

I think there should be an option on the 3rd if u chose to stay at the mental ward in 3 u relise what u did wrong and escape and play the last mission from the 2nd one and save jenny and watch her become an Angela and find away to escape hell and icy chose to leave the ward then u start off right in hell and find away to escape And u use the darkness fortis power to help u get jenny and you become stronger than the darkness and u use it as ur puppet and u are fighting corrupt Angela's and a new mob and u find out how to bring people back like ur aunt and u become more powerful than u relize and u in the end get jenny back once and for all and u destroy the darkness on want for all and bring light end up a hero cuz along the way u got powers of light u hide from the darkness Andy can swap from ur light powe to ur dark power and for ur ligh power instead of the demon heads u had like has angel wings and I unleash thr darkness from ur body at thr end and use the loft power to fight thr darkness as a boss then usethight to get jenny back and in theend u get jenny back and u are praised for defeating the darkness but there is a small amunt of darkness left for balance cuz with out dark thee is no light to shed

I just think what ever direction 2k takes Jacky should get jenny back and they get to live their life's with out the bs finally and for once get to be happy

When it comes to this franchise, I think it grows stale as you re-hash over old concepts. Jackie has already been to Hell once at
    The Darkness' behest so, instead of making TD3, perhaps it would be more interesting to develop a game from Jenny's perspective; exploring more of "The Angelus" character and its ancient rivalry with The Darkness. Then, somewhere down the line, a Witchblade game might be possible, since attempts to make a movie have evaporated.

There's nothing that says games always need to have the same main title to be part of a saga, yet most studios develop them in such a manner - maybe 2K should break from this mould, given how much The Darkness' games have such a positive reception with critics.

Jackie is not in hell, hell is for damned soul, jackie Is in the realm of the darkness in the siphon, and he can't use his heave because there is no darkness or shadow in heaven it's always pure light, where we left off the new angelus left jackie and the darkness trap in the siphon, jackie need a way to get out of the siphon and get back to earth, but the angelus got plans to destroy everything that the darkness touch and she getting ready for war against darkness to destroy everything that jackie built, she will cleanse the earth of darkness and see her own version of earth, jackie got back to earth find out just as the brotherhood of darkness there is another group but they worship the angelus, the angelus cult follow the angelus they will do anything for her, they fight, they die only to please their mistress, now there two groups want jackie dead one want the for themselves the other want to destroy the darkness, jackie need more knowledge of his power so he seek other individual knows the secret of the darkness (put in side quest to gain darkness power and other side quest at end you get prize, one of your power you can create anything out nothing like guns, combat knife, grenade) to defeat the angelus and free Jenny from the angelus and go from there p.s put in like a tale of darkness that tells the story of the past darkness host or play as them in the estacado bloodline and also you get darkness armor type or skin to give a unique skill if you completed one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyncharas View Post
    When it comes to this franchise, I think it grows stale as you re-hash over old concepts. Jackie has already been to Hell once at
    The Darkness' behest so, instead of making TD3, perhaps it would be more interesting to develop a game from Jenny's perspective; exploring more of "The Angelus" character and its ancient rivalry with The Darkness. Then, somewhere down the line, a Witchblade game might be possible, since attempts to make a movie have evaporated.

There's nothing that says games always need to have the same main title to be part of a saga, yet most studios develop them in such a manner - maybe 2K should break from this mould, given how much The Darkness' games have such a positive reception with critics.
    This guy has a good point with the witchblade being part of the series. and if you want my idea I think how the darkness 3 should begin is with jackie desperately trying to find a way out while the darkness speaks to him with things such as "there is no use" and then all of a sudden something starts trying to break into the realm (being the witchblade unbeknownst to the player) and crazy witchblade minion things start coming after you. eventually you escape witchblade occasionally shows up to start introducing the idea of another being. And while the darkness isn't like a widely known and loved game by everyone I foresee the 2k just kind of cramming witchblade and angelus in the same game anyways for saving on the cost of making another game. And if the story is longer then theres no problem with that. It would also allow more intricate scenes like witchblade and angelus trying to off eachother and jackie trying to protect jenny gets in between them while taking blows from both and jackie fighting the darkness trying to kill the angelus and there would be a lot of intense interior conflict. But no matter what I'm gonna love the next game if it ever happens.

Quote Originally Posted by duk_leon View Post
    My ideas would be the Darkling be the Protagonist of the next sequel.
    Yeah! I like that one!!!

Hello 2k!!! I like both darkness game.I desperately waiting for third to see how ends!! If you can or if you wish make it. Please make the last epic game for ending of the series. The player have important choices which make different endings like bioshock 1 2. Longer game play and story not like darkness 2. New abilities and some abilities which would unlock the way the choice which you make. Epic story for live and dead.

The Darkenss 3?

On a serious note is there any word on if there a Darkness 3 even in production? I mean any hints anything that will indicate that there is one even being thought about? I have searched multiple sites without any even hints that there will be a 3rd installment of this game. Anyone else have any information to share that will at least give a little hope?

I'm totally with you on that. I would give anything to have a Darkness 3. All other games that have been announced so far, I don't care as much.

i just wanna know if there is going to be the darkness 3

They could also introduce other top cow characters like witchblade. Please 2k make the darkness 3 happen

Yes darkness 3 please. Top Cow has a good comic book universe. I think they should incorporate this in the darkness 3 game should it come out and i hope and pray it does

please 2k games make it I still wait

Another Darkness 3 thread

I don't know why they keep getting closed but seriously, Darkness 3. I know Top Cow wants to do it. I know the fans want it. Please make this happen. All we want is a definitive answer. Yes or no. Give us our hope or let our hope die. Yes, there was 5 years between Darkness 1 and 2. I can wait. It's been 3 years and I can wait several more. I just want to know if it WILL be a thing.

Came here to post in the other thread, saw that it was closed so i came here. I have been patiently waiting for a Darkness 3 game to be announced, after that ending in 2... This series is great and i would love to see a new one.

2K dont let me down, I created an account just for this.

Most Definitely

Firstly The Darkness 1 was one of the best underrated games of all time, a lot of the things people complain about are exaggerated, ideas planted into peoples minds from reviewers and what other people said. Sure there will problems but all in all it was a solid ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ game for its time. For example the exploration part was awesome, but people try ☺☺☺☺☺☺☺☺ on it... Back in 2007 exploration was in. And if you played the game years later of course it wont be As Good as you heard because you have played newer and better mechanics. Evolution

Now the second games almost just as good, it hits the universe better in some ways, the combat is smoother and a bit better, and the story is good but short. First one was superior IMO though the Feel, cinematics, story, more options, the feel just suited the universe better, both art styles were cool doesnt matter to me.

ANYWAYS Yes they need to make a 3rd game most definitely. I think to put The Darkness as a top game they're going to have too literally mash 1 and 2 together too make a masterpeice. But i say lean towards 1 making it a 60/40 mashup.

My i add either 2K did not care too make the darkness huge, or they got unlucky. Because if you look at 2007s line up it was as good as 2015s gaming lineup if not better. There was a lot of competition for The Darkness 1, it could have been a bigger hit rather than a cult hit. You had Cod Modern warfare 1, Halo 3(the last halo lol), Bioshock, Mass Effect, Crysis, and thats only the shooter genre.

2K MAKE DARKNESS 3 HAPPEN AND GO BIG LIKE 1 went!

PS Made this account just too get The Darkness 3 inda making if it is not already in development

We deserve continuity damn it!! Give it back to StarBreeze too!!

Anyway for The Darkness 3 I would love the gritty realistic look of the first mixed with the gameplay of the second but maybe changed up a little bit for more control over the demon heads (like the cutscenes out of the first game, allow the player that type of freedom and control over all situations throwing/slamming/slashing)
    Bring the demon arm back (again, like the cutscenes add more freedom in whiping it back and forth/impaling but also to traverse the environment like The Darkness did for you in certain situations) but rather than have two buttons for dual wielding guns why not just assign them to one button? Therefore you have two bumbers/R1 R2 for the heads and one of the shoulder buttons for the demon arm... Could create alot of chaos and make for some really fun combat.

As for powers. Bring back the familiars (Creeping Dark, Black Hole, wasn't too crazy about Gun Channeling but Swarm maybe reintroduce?) but of course introduce new ones.
    Could maybe assign them to the D pads (up and down, as in The Darkness 1) switching between powers then using Circle/B (The Darkness 2) to execute them. Could be a cool dynamic applying offensive devastating powers to the 'Up' button on the D pad, then adding defensive more stealthier powers the 'Down'. Would definitely allow more freedom in our sadistic desires, speaking of which,
    Add a thoroughly refined stealth mechanic to the game to allow a mix up between the balls out guns blazing and picking off guys from the shadows without them ever knowing you were there.

Also... BRING BACK THEM DAMN 4 DARKLINGS!! Honestly the darkling in the second one was fun but I miss the twisted humour and personalities of the guys from the first one. And the ability to control them? Only seems natural to expand on that. Maybe in the stealthier approach sort of way? Climbing walls and ceilings, getting to places you couldn't as Jackie. Could be useful for some side mission / open world stuff.
    They really made the small open world feel a bit livelier... Which brings me to my next point.

Make the damn game open world please?
    One thing that made me fall in love this game in the first place was the hope that when I play it I can go around an open world terrorising with the powers of the dark.
    I was only half right with the first game and gravely disappointed with the sequel on that front, but with this sequel if they really listen to the fans they'll know to make a bigger open world maybe using the subways again as form of travel, but also populating this world with maybe procedurally generated side quests i.e criminals / syndicates / heart of gold quests or something like that just for you to mutilate and play with whenever you feel bored or just wanna have random fun.

Anyway's these are just words which makes me realise this was probably one big ass waste of time writing this because they'll never get put into effect. One can only hope though, that with enough voices and pleas someone will listen.
    We just gotta hope the right people do and they research what their fans want first before indulging in their own vision for a game that potentially, if executed to a degree (surpassing both the original and sequel in terms of style, story and gameplay but also on next generation hardware) has a shot at Game of the Year.

Just imagine watching the power of ps4/ pc / Xbox One as the rain drips slowly off your writhing tentacles as you look over a vast NYC with the luminescent moon half covered in clouds looming in foresight.
    Then using your demon arm to whip yourself across the night sky to the next rooftop, proceeding to use Creeping Dark to slide down a dark ally way to an unsuspecting thug or group of thugs... I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
    The potential for a great game that will draw and please new / old fans alike is there, but is the ability for us gamers to drastically influence a company such as 2k's decision to make a sequel devoted to the fans? I really do hope so.

Please someone listen to us. For the love of all gamers, the hardcores and newcomers alike, we deserve this sequel.

2k please i am a die hard fan of the darkness since day 1 please make the darkness 3 complete this awesome series with a trilogy it would be so perfect...

Any Plans Or Information For The Darkness 3 Release Date I'm An Obsessed Fan And I Would Appreciate If You Have Any News Cause I Can't Wait To Play The Darkness 3 Please Dear 2k Productions Make The Year 2016 The Best Year Not Just For Me But For All The Fans Who Are Dying To Play The Darkness 3 Please 2k Productions Make It Happen

I loved playing both one and 2 of the darkness but after beating the second game it left me wanting more if you guys came out with a darkness3 I would pre-order it just so that I could have it and start as soon as possible

Exclamation We want the darkness 3

IV beat the darkness 2 done everything fully upgraded Jackie done the vendettas we really want the darkness 3 you left us on a cliff hanger when Jenny turned into one of the angelus so good please this is a must game series

Its 2016 and I have been waiting for the Darkness 3 for about 4 years already I did all my research on darkness 1 and 2 and also 3 I really want the Darkness 3 if it were to come out I would pre-order that's how much I love the games but I have been playing the first and second one and now I'm waiting for the 3rd one and I want to play it so bad.

This I know.... but if there ever is one... Starbreeze should make it.

agreed

-The ending to the last game was the same i agree

It's 2017....
    I found out about The Darkness 2 about 2 weeks ago from a friend who has it. Currently looking for ways to play The Darkness 1.
    Seems like 2K likes taking their time when it comes to releasing a rare type of game. I'm not talking about genre here. It's not usual to mix a good storyline with gameplay in such a way that it makes you really connect with the characters. This one does.
    No one wants open-world rubbish, just so no one gets bored it could have more complex alternate endings and more puzzles to make it less arcade, like that boss with the crane i.e. But mostly just finish the f***ing story already. I swear i can't sleep until Jackie ends up with Jenny one way or another.

So yeah...just starting this year's petition for The Darkness 3.

Yes they definitely should!!!!

I really really want the darkness 3.The story alone is enough compelling.And the quad mechanic are really,really something awesome and unique.And yes,i'd be profitable since almost everyone know the darkness are awesome by now

need to spread the word for a dakrness 3 better , so many forums for it but each small with enough ppl could be enough influence to get it fully going instead of being a slow progress

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123