Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Complete Ongoing Guide to Abusing the AI

Quote Originally Posted by ScottieX View Post
    like the button race when you get the notification that someone poped a GE for 50 or 100g...
    Yeah, but a lot of people don't even care about that, it's so stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Star428 View Post
    I would have to disagree. Aztecs are the baddest. No wearing them down. Of course, China usually has multiple AA more consistently than anyone else cause of extra pop.
    Yeah, you're right. I guess I was thinking of the normal non auto-heal type.

Don't know whether abusing barb camps merits a mention in this section, or if there's a separate and dedicated thread, so, meh, wth. Is there a way of slowing down barb respawn, i.e camping a specific tile? I ask because my single warriors, esp Span, are often at 1/3 or 2/3 health when barb flags doubles straight back to 2, lengthening the process. Guess that's the cost of starting with a high-value tech. I also notice in MP some of the top-ranked players often pausing the gm in ancient. Wondering if that's an exploit to avoid losing units in a barb battle, or is that coincidental? Thanks in advance

Quote Originally Posted by LarrySandersShowJoe View Post
    Don't know whether abusing barb camps merits a mention in this section, or if there's a separate and dedicated thread, so, meh, wth. Is there a way of slowing down barb respawn, i.e camping a specific tile? I ask because my single warriors, esp Span, are often at 1/3 or 2/3 health when barb flags doubles straight back to 2, lengthening the process. Guess that's the cost of starting with a high-value tech. I also notice in MP some of the top-ranked players often pausing the gm in ancient. Wondering if that's an exploit to avoid losing units in a barb battle, or is that coincidental? Thanks in advance
    Barbs only respwan back to two in the early game when "triggered by a friendly hut", i.e. you or somebody else popped a friendly hut and it highlights a barb hut. Then that barb hut is "activated" and either jumps from 1 to 3 in 3500BC or jumps to 3 or respectively 2 (if you already attacked once) some time later. If there was no activation, then they typically do not respawn.

Regarding the pause thing: Whenever you see the pause sign come up frequently, you can be sure that something fishy is going on. In very rare cases the controller battery died. In most cases, it indicates that your opponent is cheating or at least trying to.

Thanks. Thus, would a 3 or 4-flag barb be solely down to a human player, or do you think AI could trigger this as well? Might serve as an early indicator if it's the former

Any unit taking a friendly hut is going to trigger a near-by barb hut. Whenever you encounter a 2-flag barb before 3500 AD, you know that your opponent is close by, took a friendly and probably has 25g.

Be wary when settling next to a barb. If someone takes a friendly close by, the barb will take your city next turn (if it was at 2 flags).

Say I have an AA in my cap and my opponent interrogates the AI about world events, will it say I have 1 Or 3 units in my city? Thnx

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234