Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,640 of 2701

Thread: The Mafia II Reviews Thread

Quote Originally Posted by McGee View Post
    It was posted at the gamereactor forum.

The review will be posted on the 20th.
    Unless i get this issue in the coming days, cause i subscribed the day the mag came out so...

Quote Originally Posted by cruelstein View Post
    People are assuming there reviewing the demo version.

People are assuming there reviewing the demo version.
    That´s probably true....

That´s probably true....
    did you get the gamereactor mag?

So wait, lets make one thing clear... They are reviewing the full version right?

Quote Originally Posted by Genovese1311 View Post
    So wait, lets make one thing clear... They are reviewing the full version right?
    No, they are reviewing the Boom Boom Trailer.

who?

10 char

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Static View Post
    No, they are reviewing the Boom Boom Trailer.
    Well that makes sense...

Well that makes sense...
    Are you talking about the Daily Daze? Because yes, they are reviewing the demo and the trailers.

did you get the gamereactor mag?
    Haven´t looked today - maybe later.

Haven´t looked today - maybe later.
    It's out today. Anyone got it?

Quote Originally Posted by mafia2 View Post
    Pros and cons?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyni Crippler View Post
    Pros and cons?
    I bet I can guess one con.....ummmm let me think this is a tough one.....oh I got it it's too linear.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafiashock View Post
    I bet I can guess one con.....ummmm let me think this is a tough one.....oh I got it it's too linear.
    Wow! Are you a wizard?

Quote Originally Posted by Dyni Crippler View Post
    Wow! Are you a wizard?
    Yes...yes I am. Pm me for my 1-800 number for all your fortune telling needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafiashock View Post
    I think i can guess another one... hmm... Lemme think... Aha! Got it, its a rip off of GTA, and or didn't have a good free-roam element like GTA

LOL Play the game before being assured that one version is broken. If the PS3 final version is SO bad, why did it get the same score as the 360 version from that German magazine?
    obviously you didn't read the message were Liz from 2k told the forum that the graphical quality of the demo is the same as the final game.. sorry, but the ps3-owners got screwed over.. so, i sort of doubt that the german reviewers even played it.

Hey LEVEL magazine isn't from The Czech Republic it's from Sweden. Change it in the front page please

Quote Originally Posted by humleren View Post
    obviously you didn't read the message were Liz from 2k told the forum that the graphical quality of the demo is the same as the final game.. sorry, but the ps3-owners got screwed over.. so, i sort of doubt that the german reviewers even played it.
    because you think they would give lower scores just because there is no grass or blood? think again...

I can almost guarantee you that most of them aren't even aware of it being different from the xbox version...

Quote Originally Posted by tommy22 View Post
    because you think they would give lower scores just because there is no grass or blood? think again...

I can almost guarantee you that most of them aren't even aware of it being different from the xbox version...
    well.. blind game-reviewers? That's new..

Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crumbs View Post
    Dude do u know how many ppl have said that throughout this thread? I'm sorry but it's getting kind of repetitive.
    and still people do not think for them selfs wonder why

82.5/100 is the current score.

what was the pro's? Did they like the story, the characters, etc?
    I've got the mag now.

so, as we know, score from games aktuell (GER): PC 88%, PS3+Xbox360: 87%

pros:
    best cinematic experience so far
    great atmosphere
    believable characters

cons:
    boring fistfights
    AI not challenging enough
    too linear

the reviewer's heart was bleeding because it wasn't as good as everyone expected it to be
    but fans will love it more than the first Mafia

spoiler:
    we probably have to kill Tommy, there's an allusion to Salieri (Don Salieri sends his regards.....)
    Last edited by jackennils; 08-17-2010 at 01:19 AM.

If he thinks fans will like it more than mafia 1 then it's as good...if not better...than I thought it was gonna be.

Its nice to see that the game scores quite high despite that the story is very linear, couse basically no fan of the first game will expect anything else, though generally it is something that one can say deducts quite a bit from the overall experience for other gamers.

So in that way it looks good

A little bit concerned about the AI though, I fear this game is to easy for me

Besides that I wonder if all the comments on the linearity will effect a possible Mafia III.

Quote Originally Posted by humleren View Post
    I didn't know that a lack of grass and smaller pools of blood warranted a drop in scores.

I also didn't know that a lack of grass and smaller pools of blood could warrant such complaining. Boy, was I wrong.

I always thought gamers cared about story and gameplay, but no, apparently they just care about f***ing grass.
    Last edited by Spiral Static; 08-17-2010 at 02:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchangelX View Post
    Its nice to see that the game scores quite high despite that the story is very linear, couse basically no fan of the first game will expect anything else, though generally it is something that one can say deducts quite a bit from the overall experience for other gamers.

So in that way it looks good

A little bit concerned about the AI though, I fear this game is to easy for me

Besides that I wonder if all the comments on the linearity will effect a possible Mafia III.
    I was concerned about the AI as well, but considering that they can kill you in 1-2 shots, I don't think it will be much of a problem. I just hope the enemies don't stick to one wall of cover forever.

The AI is a concern for me as well, particularly after watching some of the YouTube videos highlighting some of the worst examples. I'm also confused about whether or not there will be side-missions: I seem to recall reading one review that said there weren't any (maybe the reviewer just went through too quickly in a rush to get to press), while the FAQ here says that there are. Judging by the demo (PC), it seems there are also some tweaks to be done on the interface ("for the last time, I want to turn off the light switch, not open the door... why, I don't know, but that's what I want to do"). The whole "linear" issue is also a little bit of a concern for me, but the dirty secret is that so much of that is smoke and mirrors anyway. Sure, Bioware games give the feeling of being non-linear, but there's still a sequence of events you have to follow. If there's a great story and cinematic experiences, I'll be fine with a bit of blatant rail-roading. Looking forward to this game.

Quote Originally Posted by SnowHeart View Post
    The AI is a concern for me as well, particularly after watching some of the YouTube videos highlighting some of the worst examples. I'm also confused about whether or not there will be side-missions: I seem to recall reading one review that said there weren't any (maybe the reviewer just went through too quickly in a rush to get to press), while the FAQ here says that there are. Judging by the demo (PC), it seems there are also some tweaks to be done on the interface ("for the last time, I want to turn off the light switch, not open the door... why, I don't know, but that's what I want to do"). The whole "linear" issue is also a little bit of a concern for me, but the dirty secret is that so much of that is smoke and mirrors anyway. Sure, Bioware games give the feeling of being non-linear, but there's still a sequence of events you have to follow. If there's a great story and cinematic experiences, I'll be fine with a bit of blatant rail-roading. Looking forward to this game.
    There are no side missions and the story is linear, like you can't pick a mission like in RDR.

There are no side missions and the story is linear, like you can't pick a mission like in RDR.
    Thanks for the clarification. I think this is what prompted someone to say there are side missions (though now I can't find the FAQ I was thinking of): #2 @ Link. This probably doesn't quite qualify as what people typically think of as a "side mission", but we'll see.

Yes there are side missions, click on the link
    Link.

Quote Originally Posted by jackennils View Post
    spoiler:
    we probably have to kill Tommy, there's an allusion to Salieri (Don Salieri sends his regards.....)
    OMFG, I'LL PISS MY PANTS IF THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS!!!!!

But I'm really confused with that review. He say's he's dissapointed that it wasn't as good as he expected, but then went on to say if your a fan of the first you'll like this MORE than Mafia 1?

So I'm assuming he wasn't a HUGE fan of Mafia 1, and was hoping for a more gta like experience, where you could free roam more? Correct?

Typical....:/

LMAO Kane and Lynch 2 got a 4/10 from eurogamer, 6/10 from gamereactor,a 7/10 from IGN, a I out OF FREAKIN 10 from destructoid.

Lol at the OXM review. 9/10 my ass

LMAO Kane and Lynch 2 got a 4/10 from eurogamer, 6/10 from gamereactor,a 7/10 from IGN, a I out OF FREAKIN 10 from destructoid.

Lol at the OXM review. 9/10 my ass
    So now we've learned that:

1) The OXM UK review was written by a freelancer.

2) Said freelancer is a woman (which would explain her hate for the "cold" Mafia storyline).

3) She gave the 3 hour long, generic, Youtube videogame a 9/10.

She has to be the worst reviewer ever.

OMFG, I'LL PISS MY PANTS IF THAT ACTUALLY HAPPENS!!!!!

But I'm really confused with that review. He say's he's dissapointed that it wasn't as good as he expected, but then went on to say if your a fan of the first you'll like this MORE than Mafia 1?

So I'm assuming he wasn't a HUGE fan of Mafia 1, and was hoping for a more gta like experience, where you could free roam more? Correct?

Typical....:/
    yaaaaa your typical noooob

Alright my father might be able to pick up the Gamereactor mag tomorrow.
    I hope my Blockbuster will be giving out some free swag, they usually do

3) She gave the 3 hour long, generic, Youtube videogame a 9/10.
    You know what's hilarious though? I kept thinking you were joking about it being 3 hours, but apperantly your not

1 reviewer took 2 ****in' hours to finish Kane and Lynch 2!!!

I'm sorry but there are xbox live arcade games that are WAY longer than that...60$ honestly....

You know what's hilarious though? I kept thinking you were joking about it being 3 hours, but apperantly your not

1 reviewer took 2 ****in' hours to finish Kane and Lynch 2!!!

I'm sorry but there are xbox live arcade games that are WAY longer than that...60$ honestly....
    2 Hours!? Seriously? That's even less than... Than... MW2! You could watch an episode of Baywatch instead!

Page 41 of 68 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast