Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,840 of 2701

Thread: The Mafia II Reviews Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsynergy View Post
    She never did say exact, she just said that the demo is a very good representative of what the final version is.
    Well, the low FPS and bad AA are so bad in the demo, that even someone like me, who's never noticed stuff like that before, noticed it. So if it was in the final game, at least ONE of the 12 reviews would've mentioned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Static View Post
    Again, why are all of the reviews saying that there are no aliasing or framerate issues, but Elizabeth says there still is? Even Jack said there are no AA or FPS problems, Elizabeth is the only one saying they are in the final version. I really don't understand.
    Hi pal,Elizabeth said that when she played the game it was ok about AA and FPS.She said something like"It didn't go freezed".
    Sorry for my bad English

PS>When you talk about AA and FPS problems you mean if the images go freezed?

off topic,sorry
    Last edited by EdKe; 08-18-2010 at 11:58 AM.

christ that palgn review is taking forever to be written

Quote Originally Posted by EdKe View Post
    Hi pal,Elizabeth said that when she played the game it was ok about AA and FPS.She said something like"It didn't go freezed".
    Sorry for my bad English

off topic,sorry
    Well, the demo had problems with aliasing, so the edges of objects looked really jagged.

Quote Originally Posted by EdKe View Post
    Sorry for my bad English

off topic,sorry
    Well that's not exactly AA, read this, it will tell you what AA is . http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81112
    Quote Originally Posted by McGee View Post
    Yeah it has, wasn't being written since 2 nights ago or something?

It's been almost 24 hours now.

Thumbs up

ready to buy Mafia III

Quote Originally Posted by electric broom View Post
    ready to buy Mafia III
    Lol, random......

It's been almost 24 hours now.
    here's hoping it'll be released later tonight

I know the gamereactor reviews will be posted on Thursday Night, but beyond that I don't know what we'll see review wise.

does anyone know which reviews are effected by the embargo axactly

here's hoping it'll be released later tonight

I know the gamereactor reviews will be posted on Thursday Night, but beyond that I don't know what we'll see review wise.
    Well, I'll look for reviews, but I'm only posting in this thread as of Friday at 2PM PST.

Well, I'll look for reviews, but I'm only posting in this thread as of Friday at 2PM PST.
    Same, I'm leaving after that (to go to the cruise). Tuesday I might stop by, and look around for IGN score, gamespots score, but other than that I'm gone.

hope you have a nice cruise

Quote Originally Posted by Bobsynergy View Post
    Well that's not exactly AA, read this, it will tell you what AA is . http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81112

Oh,ok,thanks for the link

Same, I'm leaving after that (to go to the cruise). Tuesday I might stop by, and look around for IGN score, gamespots score, but other than that I'm gone.
    I'm just gonna look here for the website reviews because I only want to see the pros, cons, and score.

Just got word that the PALGN review won't be posted until Tuesday..

Though the writer said some very nice things about his review.

Just got word that the PALGN review won't be posted until Tuesday..

Though the writer said some very nice things about his review.
    What did he say?

What did he say?
    He said that overall Mafia 2 was an incredible experience, and something he can't wait to share with us (in his review.)

He said that overall Mafia 2 was an incredible experience, and something he can't wait to share with us (in his review.)
    Nice! I guess the embargo is still there, though.

game master review has been posted on metacritic (btw am I the only who hates the new look?)..Anyway I recommend all of you to to email metacritc and send any review you happen to find.

game master review has been posted on metacritic (btw am I the only who hates the new look?)..Anyway I recommend all of you to to email metacritc and send any review you happen to find.
    We should send all of the reviews to them. And yes, I hate the new look as well.

We should send all of the reviews to them. And yes, I hate the new look as well.
    I'm a bit lost. With the old layout I knew how to send emails to them, but with this new one I have no idea where it say's I can email them? Do you know^?

game master review has been posted on metacritic (btw am I the only who hates the new look?)
    No...it's freaking terrible, I miss the old Metacritic

Hi everyone,

I have a fresh news for ya
    Polish magazine "Play" gave Mafia 2 97/100

Pros (i.a):
    - superb, living world, full of refind details
    - amazing story with real atmosphere of film

Cons:
    - a bit too much driving

Of course it's not all pros and cons from this review, but I'll have my magazine in about 3-4 hours, so stay tuned and I will post here the rest of it with the most interesting parts from review

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by SoundSource View Post
    Hi everyone,

I have a fresh news for ya
    Polish magazine "Play" gave Mafia 2 97/100

Pros (i.a):
    - superb, living world, full of refind details
    - amazing story with real atmosphere of film

Cons:
    - a bit too much driving

Of course it's not all pros and cons from this review, but I'll have my magazine in about 3-4 hours, so stay tuned and I will post here the rest of it with the most interesting parts from review

Cheers
    WOW, thanks for that mate

Looking forward to reading the rest of the review!
    Last edited by McGee; 08-18-2010 at 06:29 PM.

Another great review! Still waiting for that first 10/10

btw: Average score rises to 8.5.
    Last edited by glesson; 08-18-2010 at 06:33 PM.

Great to see some positive reviews coming in. Makes from a pleasant change to all the PS3 whinging here lately

Quote Originally Posted by glesson View Post
    Another great review! Still waiting for that first 10/10
    no game is perfect. Personally any reviewer that rates a game a 10/10 is usually because there either SERIOUSLY biased towards the game, or because there overly hyped.

no game is perfect. Personally any reviewer that rates a game a 10/10 is usually because there either SERIOUSLY biased towards the game, or because there overly hyped.
    Indeed, I want some hype around MII. I mean even Kane and Lynch 2 had some hype around it by the reviewers, because they expected a more stable and fixed K&L1, and look how that turned out.

Oh, and by the way this review is 10 page long ;P

Oh, and by the way this review is 10 page long ;P
    2 pages of text and 8 pages of screenshots though I bet

Probably yes, but we'll see

And besides all that, there is an article called "Mafia in videogames"
    Last edited by SoundSource; 08-18-2010 at 06:48 PM.

Probably yes, but we'll see

And besides all that, there is an article called "Mafia in videogames"
    whoah, i really want that magazine do u have time to copy the important parts of these articles?

At 4-5 p.m I will

But you have to know polish language to understand it

So it'll be better if I just read the whole review, choose interesting parts, translate them and post em' here.

If I can manage, I will translate and post everything from that review.
    Last edited by SoundSource; 08-18-2010 at 09:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mafia-Zone View Post
    Sorry man but that's a fake score.

36. Quote Originally Posted by Muffin Crumbs View Post
    Sorry man but that's a fake score.
    Argh... well, however there are many 9 that make us happy!

Quote Originally Posted by Mafia-Zone View Post
    Hmm that isn't a review, that's just someone from the ****ty show who told the good things about the game, and he never gave a score about it..and he also sounds a bit to excited...doubt they give it a 10, probably a 9+ or something.

Ok, some interesting parts from PLAY's review.

First of all, there are no more pros and cons, than those that I mentioned in my first post.

So now it's time for the best piece of cake

"The story is told in serious way, and though not without humour, there is no place for winking to players like in GTA. Many people waited for the second part of the Mafia, while fearing that the game does not meet expectations. My complies entirely - an interactive gangster movie in it's best form."

"You can see how much effort went into that game world looked realistic as possible. Not only does the traffic appear genuine, and pedestrians do not walk aimlessly to disappear around the corner. I noticed two women who meet at the sidewalk, they begin to gossip, I can even listen what they speak about. A bit further up the guy stopped to buy a newspaper, someone else entered the telephone booth. I watch him and see that ended after a few minutes and went his way. I go to the main street and go to the backyard - a mechanic warms his hands at the fire burning in an old barrel. Not surprisingly, in the end it is winter, as shown by such details as the steaming manholes, and even the cap of snow on the roof of the car. Until
    I had to check it out - yes, snow blew away when I drive off a bit. Along the way, I passed an older gentleman who did not quite cautiously walked the icy sidewalk and fell."

"Kidnappings, shootings, chases, easy money and women is the essence of gangster's life. The Mafia 2 has it all and in addition presented in such a perfect way, that GTA can hide himself."

"The introduction teaching us how to open locks, then I'm gettin' weapon and I'm introduced to the owner of a junkyard. The guy is of Polish origin, so I immediately raised my confidence, the more that he pays for every stolen car with happiness."

"Most of the missions starts with the ringin' phone, which breaks Vito's from dreaming and throws him out of bed at noon." Then the voice from telephone says, that he can't talk about it by phone and wants to meet you in some place."

"In addition to the gun's colletion, which can be use to tap the opponents, in cutscenes mass of young ladies of easy virtue appears, which also do not avoid the bangin' . "
    Last edited by SoundSource; 08-18-2010 at 11:50 PM.

Ok, some interesting parts from PLAY's review.

First of all, there are no more pros and cons, than those that I mentioned in my first post.

So now it's time for the best piece of cake

"The story is told in serious way, and though not without humour, there is no place for winking to players like in GTA. Many people waited for the second part of the Mafia, while fearing that the game does not meet expectations. My complies entirely - an interactive gangster movie in it's best form."

"You can see how much effort went into that game world looked realistic as possible. Not only does the traffic appear genuine, and pedestrians do not walk aimlessly to disappear around the corner. I noticed two women who meet at the sidewalk, they begin to gossip, I can even listen what they speak about. A bit further up the guy stopped to buy a newspaper, someone else entered the telephone booth. I watch him and see that ended after a few minutes and went his way. I go to the main street and go to the backyard - a mechanic warms his hands at the fire burning in an old barrel. Not surprisingly, in the end it is winter, as shown by such details as the steaming manholes, and even the cap of snow on the roof of the car. Until
    I had to check it out - yes, snow blew away when I drive off a bit. Along the way, I passed an older gentleman who did not quite cautiously walked the icy sidewalk and fell."

"Kidnappings, shootings, chases, easy money and women is the essence of gangster's life. The Mafia 2 has it all and in addition presented in such a perfect way, that GTA can hide himself."

"The introduction teaching us how to open locks, then I'm gettin' weapon and I'm introduced to the owner of a junkyard. The guy is of Polish origin, so I immediately raised my confidence, the more that he pays for every stolen car with happiness."

"Most of the missions starts with the ringin' phone, which breaks Vito's from dreaming and throws him out of bed at noon." Then the voice from telephone says, that he can't talk about it by phone and wants to meet you in some place."

"In addition to the gun's colletion, which can be use to tap the opponents, in cutscenes mass of young ladies of easy virtue appears, which also do not avoid the bangin' . "
    Nicceeee

Anything else was mentioned?

Page 46 of 68 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast