Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Servers being shutdown. Complaint.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    2K seems to be on a 2 year online plan.

WWE 12 shut down last year, it was 2 years old by the time of 2K14.
    WWE 13 shuts down this year, 2 years old as of 2K15.
    Next year I bet 2K14 shuts down, 2 years old as of 2K16.
    agree
    with the lights out its less Dangerous here we are now entertain us / I feel stupid and contagious / Here we are now, entertain us…

are these servers still up? i was talking to some guy on 2K14 while waiting for a match saying he still plays this online. he might be lying tho.

This games servers ended around 2K15, 2K seems to run a 2 year cycle from what I seen on these series. I guess 2 games stressing the servers at any given time they figure is enough.
    KOW and RWF member. Enjoys video games and quad biking.
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

Quote Originally Posted by justinlynch3 View Post
    The thing is online servers isn't free. 2K also don't want you playing the same game forever, they make no money that way.
    Think EA Sports makes money from Madden NFL 12? Probably not but guess what? That servers still online 4 years in. Why? Who knows and who cares but apparently it isn't bankrupting them by keeping it active. What's 2K's excuse. They're too cheap?

So what? Good for EA, who cares. I'm pretty sure GTA4 servers servers are still up, has nothing to do with WWE games. Which, seeing 2K and Rockstar are both owned by Take-Two, GTA might actually be a better comparison then MLB.

But, for all we know Madden 12 might actually still be populated regularly, and that's why it's up.

WWE is a niche market as is, a already niche market where it seems half the people playing still prefer offline to online. Two years seems plenty enough time. Really how many people are still playing 12 or 13 now? There is no reason to keep these games going.

What I'm interested to see is 2K14. Seeing 2K15 was a stripped back reboot chances are people are either playing 2K14 or 2K16. So will 2K shut down 14 this year keeping to the 2 year trend, or will they let it go a third year?
    Within Temptation, Linkin Park, AC/DC, Nickleback, Kenny Loggins, Bon Jovi, Dio, Creed, Disturbed fan.

2K14 went down on October 31st last year...
    http://forums.2k.com/showthread.php?...e-October-31st
    YOU for the CYBER SERIES!
    Vote to decide who is the best male WWE Superstar on the roster today!
    Currently voting: Round Robin Matches

Quote Originally Posted by Zeokage View Post
    Really?

Well I admit that's actually a bit of a surprise they didn't give 14 that extra year. But anyway, seems that answered that, then.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeokage View Post
    Sad as it's a game I loved. (I like WWE2K15/16 but 14 had stuff 15/16 removed)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12